Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for kreg

Real Name kreg   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ^mortis^
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 12, 2002, 04:27
Total Comments 329 (Amateur)
User ID 12438

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > Postal 3 Details
7. ayup Oct 18, 2006, 22:05 ^mortis^

agreed on Postal (1) being a really entertaining game.
Postal 2, not so much...and the expansion was more like a fan-mod.

hey, i'm all for diversity in gaming...as long as it doesn't suck. also agree that they need to try harder to make a solid game as opposed to making it naughty to get press.

^m^

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield 2142 Personal Data Clarification
59. ultimately... Oct 18, 2006, 13:31 ^mortis^

who cares.

I suspect that the people who are most offended by this never intended to buy the game anyway, and those who don't religiously read online forums will never know/care about it...and don't kid yourself, there are a decent number of the latter out there

It does seem like something that could've been built server-side. IIRC, Bad Day L.A. had some sort of in-game advertising served by external servers as well, but i'm assuming it didn't sell well enough for anyone to care.

^m^

News Comments > The Chronicles of Narnia Patch
5. aww Oct 16, 2006, 20:32 ^mortis^

i bet this is only to get rid of the Hot Mead mod.

^m^

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Just Cause
27. on a lark... Oct 1, 2006, 11:01 ^mortis^

I emailed tech support and asked them about the problem with garage doors not opening all of the time, or locking you inside, and also the propensity for helicopters to follow you around even if you're not wanted by either side! (easily reproducable if anyone's curious)

Guess what they said?

come on...GUESS!

aww ok...

Eidos Tech Support said i needed to update my Sound Drivers and defrag my hard drive. seriously.

Talk about a few jobs across the industry i WOULDN'T mind seeing down-sized.

-k

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Just Cause
13. aiee-yi-yi Sep 27, 2006, 21:21 ^mortis^

ok, how messed up is it that the garages, intended to "save your best vehicles" don't allow you to EXIT once you get off the vehicle! i got killed trying to time getting off just right and getting out, but I WAS CRUSHED AND KILLED BY THE DOOR!!
/insert Chespirito (bumblebee guy) voice: AIEE-YI-YI...No me gusta!

^m^

This comment was edited on Sep 27, 21:21.

News Comments > Epic China
11. well... Sep 24, 2006, 00:23 ^mortis^

if "Bad Day L.A." was any indication, i'd relax.

News Comments > Oblivion Expansion?
40. dowhaa? Sep 12, 2006, 09:25 ^mortis^

Beamer said:
Too many games make you run for hours, with a higher level granting you speedier transportation. This killed Zelda: Windwaker. This kills just about every RPG. This, amongst a billion other things, killed WoW.

uhhmm...you might want to tell WoW's 5 million or so subscribers. Unless you mean 'killed WoW for me.', in which case carry on.

-k

News Comments > Day Watch Revealed
2. sadly... Sep 8, 2006, 13:36 ^mortis^

that's exactly what I was thinking. They dumbed down and linear'ized the Silent Storm engine so much in Night Watch that Day Watch would have to be FREE for me to bother with it. (and probably not even then...)

^m^

News Comments > Help Wanted
3. obvious Sep 7, 2006, 16:39 ^mortis^

well heck, they should just look to the internet, cause most forums are full of apparent designers who will tell you how to make a good game, and all the millions of things wrong with existing games.

^m^

News Comments > On Armed Assault's Delay
17. or is it? Aug 22, 2006, 09:28 ^mortis^

"The smoke looks photoshopped or something too."

You might be thinking of Reuters or AP.

^m^

News Comments > Red Orchestra Free Booster, Trial Plans
10. great game, cool booster pack Jul 26, 2006, 12:20 ^mortis^

Let the bitching/whining commence, indeed. As usual, the loudest will be the ones who don't own the game, mark my words. All they need to see is "Valve" or "Steam" and they're off.

regardless, great to see more stuff for the is great game. more thana single map would've been nice if they're going to call it a "booster", but hey, it's free.

^m^

News Comments > Night Watch Patch
2. minor quibbles Jul 20, 2006, 13:18 ^mortis^

Yeah, it uses the same engine, but that's about where the similarities end. It's VERY linear, there's no buying new equipment, and the levels become very VERY repetetive.

Definetly one of those where i wish i would've waited til it was bargain price.

^m^

News Comments > Armed Assault Delay
2. roger that Jun 30, 2006, 10:57 ^mortis^

Seriously...take all the time you need. Get this sucker out the door with less bugs and fewer issues. I personally can't wait to see an updated version of OFP...the first was possbily one of the best 'wargame' experiences i've had outside of NTC or the old SIMNET.

^m^

News Comments > The Late Show
1. hrmm Jun 28, 2006, 09:16 ^mortis^

seems somewhat dissapointing in CoJ that you can shoot the hell out of the background with no substantial damage. no boxes falling apart, no collapsing crossbeams, etc. it being developed by Techland and having played Chrome myself, i'm not expecting a LOT, but still. bet this would be a killer HL2 mod...

^m^

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
1. wtf? Jun 25, 2006, 10:48 ^mortis^

ok, seriously...remind me why game mods aren't covered on here, but some kids blog post about Firefox vs. Opera is?

"I am usually not the type of person that goes for a once size fits all application." ...

^m^

This comment was edited on Jun 25, 10:49.

News Comments > Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter Map Pack
16. sweet! Jun 21, 2006, 17:52 ^mortis^

great to see more stuff for GRAW...for FREE, even. (and as usual, even free stuff is met with complaints.)

the game runs great for me, so not sure what the complaints are about...HOWEVER, some of the levels are pretty damn hard. (the 3rd-4th one with the MG nests was insane for me...)

once you can edit games/add your own content or the content created by other users, i might consider getting a console to use as my primary gaming platform. Until then...forget it.

News Comments > Gold - Night Watch
20. back on track? Jun 20, 2006, 16:57 ^mortis^

Yeah, love to hear what anyone who has actually played the game thinks. I played the demo...wasn't great, but wasn't horrible, either. I totally dug SS, so i'm hoping for at least a *little* goodness! (and at least it wasn't a mod-gone-full-game like H&S was...all the reviews for that were very poor.)

^m^

News Comments > Enemy Territory: Quake Wars Preorder Plans
23. ... Jun 19, 2006, 12:34 ^mortis^

Further proof that some people would still bitch even if they announced the game was FREE.

^m^

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - STACKED
8. next up... May 31, 2006, 15:01 ^mortis^

Lotto: Are You Down? featuring Snoop Dog and Sway
yo yo yo kids, pimpin' ain't easy, but neither is tha lotto! you gots to be down to win tha benjamins, word peace keep it real.

AND...

Scratch Off Madness with DJ Scribble featuring Fergie of the Black-Eyed Peas!
oh no, whatchoo gonna do when one fly DJ and a fine honey gets together to help you perfect your scratch-off skillz?! Do you use a penny or a quarter?! AW HELLS NO, SON...you gots to use your Offical Paul Wall Grillz Scratchin' Toofus! Aw yeah!!

lamer than the day is long,

^m^

This comment was edited on May 31, 15:02.

News Comments > Op Ed
15. No subject May 29, 2006, 11:00 ^mortis^

yeah, one thing i love is geeks, gaming, and politics.
cause seriously, when i want some real insight on "the way it is", i always defer to the same people who entertain me with endless minutes of complaints about Steam, Tomb Raider, and what's hot in the world of video cards.

^m^

329 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo