Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for LarryLaffer

Real Name LarryLaffer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 15, 2002, 22:42
Total Comments 134 (Novice)
User ID 12233

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

News Comments > Overlord Demo
9. Re: No subject Jun 11, 2007, 13:32 LarryLaffer

Loved the demo. It reminded me of a mix between Pikmin and Dungeon Keeper.

Laffman.........

This comment was edited on Jun 11, 13:33.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2007 Patch
12. TW2005 Feb 12, 2007, 19:36 LarryLaffer

What pisses me off is that I have Tiger Woods 2005 and they stopped letting you play online with it. I'm not buying their stupid game every year, no way. They just lost one customer.

That would be like Blizzard releasing a World of Warcraft every year and taking away the old copies online functionability.

Laffman............

News Comments > Sid Meier's Railroads Patch
6. Is this a fun game? Nov 11, 2006, 14:44 LarryLaffer

To answer is this a fun game, I'd have to say no. Out of all the Railroad Tycoon games, which I am a huge fan of. This one is the worst.

Laffman

News Comments > WoW: The Burning Crusade Delay
2. Why god Why???!?!? Oct 24, 2006, 14:08 LarryLaffer

Now I got to hear all the WOW fanboi's cry like little
b!tches when I go into work tomorrow.

This comment was edited on Oct 24, 14:08.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Comcast DNS Woes Apr 13, 2005, 22:11 LarryLaffer

Yeah I'm having problem rightn now. Wrote a big nice long e-mail to one of my cousins and when I hit send all hell broke loose. Ever since only half the sites on my computer will come up. Can't even access yahoo or google or msn.

News Comments > A Vampyre Story Delayed
7. Re: No subject Apr 11, 2005, 09:03 LarryLaffer

I agree with AcidDrone. "The Dig" was the best game ever by Lucasarts, with Full Throttle coming in at a close 2nd.

News Comments > Warcraft III Bans
20. Re: Now... Apr 7, 2005, 20:04 LarryLaffer

I'm confused. Everyone is posting about World of Warcraft when the article was about Warcraft III.

Is this thread suppose to be off topic or are people just confused.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Do people really play Pokemon games? Feb 12, 2005, 07:33 LarryLaffer

I do.

News Comments > HL2 DM & Source Engine Update Plans
27. Re: No subject Feb 5, 2005, 09:26 LarryLaffer

This comment was edited on Feb 5, 09:27.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: Gamers Against EA Feb 4, 2005, 17:54 LarryLaffer

Being Anti-EA is so flavour of the week.

News Comments > The Roots Delayed
10. Re: WTF!? Jan 23, 2005, 10:18 LarryLaffer

Nipsyr I was thinking the same thing.

News Comments > Guild Wars Q&A
13. Re: @#4 Jan 16, 2005, 13:09 LarryLaffer

TrOn--great post.

Maybe I'll give this sucker another look in February. I just wasn't impressed with what I saw.

I do agree with most of your points.

I especially like #4 and # 10.

It would be nice, even though I personally don't like this game so far, to see this game put a hurting on the pay to play MMORPG's and make them either go free or bring their price point down to, lets say, 4.95 a month or so.

I also like the point #3, makes the game rely a lot more on strategy than who has the most skills.

DAOC was ruined for me by Trials of Atlantis, for I don't have the huge amounts of time to pour into a game. I'd like to spend maybe 8 hours a week playing and be able to at least somewhat compete against some of the other players.

12. Re: @#4 Jan 16, 2005, 13:04 LarryLaffer

Nefilim maybe I do just suck.

And maybe your a retard.

I don't suck, and I don't figure your a retard. I'm sorry my opinion of this game hurt your little feelings. Obviously if my opinion isn't the same as yours you can't handle it.

9. Re: @#4 Jan 16, 2005, 08:45 LarryLaffer

I actually do know what I'm talking about.

This game is a lot like diablo. Other than having better graphics i'd say it is a damn near diablo clone, other than the fact diablo isn't linear.

I have played it in the beta's, and here is how my experience went. Walk into an area, pretty much just a chatroom where people are looking for froup members but with graphics, get your group together go through a door to next area.

In next area you get 2 people maybe if your lucky out of the group that will work together the rest run ahead like they are in some kind of race.

Your right this is not a MMORPG, people keep calling it that but it really isn't. I think that many people are going to find that the battlenet/diablo kiddies are going to have a heyday with the casual players who want to play this game.

This comment was edited on Jan 16, 08:45.

4. Re: No subject Jan 15, 2005, 16:39 LarryLaffer

This game is just plain lousy. It reminds me of trying to play lets say Darkstone with people who just run off ahead and it seems more like an action game than a RPG.

Sucks, not MMORPG, more like 8 player chase-fest.

The Bad:
- Linear as hell
- Click fest
- Gotta have on super fast running shoes to keep up with rest of people in group.
- Real pain to use any tactics when clickety click click click click trying to keep up click click click kill monster click click

The good:
Graphics?

Totally over-rated game. I'd say super de duperty over-rated.

Laffman..........

News Comments > Xmas Eve Screenshots
2. Re: No subject Dec 25, 2004, 07:40 LarryLaffer

Me too.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Hemi Truck Sep 14, 2004, 07:27 LarryLaffer

Blue, I know exactly how you feel. I was recently down at Keesler Air Base for a two week training stint. I didn't have any transportation as I was staying at an off-base hotel. Well for one weekend I got bored and went down to the local rental place and rented a vehicle. They hooked me up with a big Ford F-150 pickup truck.

I at that point in my life, me being 29, had never driven a truck. And my usual car being a 89 Chevy Celebrity absolutely fell in love with the truck. By the end of the weekend I had spent almost as much money on fuel as I did the rental so although the truck was nice, I'm glad to be back to my car which doesn't quite have the same thirst.

News Comments > Leisure Suit Larry 8
30. Re: Flop? Oct 20, 2003, 21:10 LarryLaffer

Al Lowe is king.

They need to give him a pile of money to make a new Leisure Suit Larry. He should start it off retro like the original LSL game (VGA Version). Then after you get maybe 5% into the story slowly bring it up to where Curse of Monkey Island was. (I know that was LucasArts)

To me a good adventure game doesn't need top notch graphics. Just something cartoony (at least for a Larry game).

I hope this comes to fruition. I hope somehow Al Lowe gets his hand in the pot. I hope it is the best Leisure suit Larry ever. I hope it is Rated Mature, but not X.

Laffman..............

News Comments > DAoC: Trials of Atlantis Gold
6. Re: No subject Oct 8, 2003, 20:13 LarryLaffer

Don't think I could ever be out of the MMORPG market. I'm so glad that they make these companies so much $$ that their will always be a new MMORPG around the corner.

Played Camelot since day one. Still playing it. Will be playing it months down the road. Cheaper than buying a new single player game every month. And I get to log on say high to my friends and have a different encounter every night against my mortal enemies the hibbies and the albs.

Laffman........

News Comments > Consolidation
3. Re: No subject Aug 28, 2003, 14:41 LarryLaffer

I believe the PS2 uses Voodoo 2 technology. You ever see the shite graphics compared to Gamecube and X-Box?

Laffman....

134 Comments. 7 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo