Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeremy

Real Name Jeremy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DrEvil
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 13463220
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 15, 2002, 03:11
Total Comments 1546 (Pro)
User ID 12225

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
7. Re: Left Behind Dec 21, 2006, 14:30 DrEvil

Neither of those games have anything to do with religion, so what's your point?

This comment was edited on Dec 21, 14:32.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > BF2142 Patch Tomorrow
17. Re: pensive Dec 18, 2006, 23:44 DrEvil

And sales wise it really doesn't matter, EA will continue to pump these babys out long after we are all dead.

Why wouldn't they, considering how popular it is in the number of people playing. Unfortunately for those of us that slam this turd of a game it's doing pretty well for them. Until the masses start rejecting their bullshit it will keep coming.

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: I'll go a few steps further... Dec 15, 2006, 11:32 DrEvil

Here's something for the blind

http://www.fu-fme.com/

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Anarchy Online: Lost Eden
8. Re: This game is awesome. Dec 14, 2006, 14:26 DrEvil

The Graphics still look good because of how over the top they were at launch.

Compared to what? Slinging shit on a wall?

News Comments > Morning Q&As
3. Re: Vanguard 4 Vista Dec 11, 2006, 22:16 DrEvil

yep, good thing they aren't doing that.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
17. Re: Dec 11, 2006, 11:45 DrEvil

I think an area where the Wii falls short is, once you get outside of games where the controller is suitable, the 360 kicks the shit out of it.

Which is why Wii games are required to make use of its control setup. Afaik, making a Wii game for only the standard controller isn't an option. Of course this doesn't apply to the backward compatibility games. Sounds like a decent way to force developers to use the whole consoles attractiveness, though I'm still curious how some games like Marvel Ultimate Alliance control with the Wiimote, as it seems to me that the gameplay style would be very much tied to traditional control schemes.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
18. Re: Dec 10, 2006, 15:19 DrEvil

Nobody needs blu ray capacity unless they are blatantly misusing(or not using at all) compression. That'd be a pretty retarded thing to abandon, even if the capacity exists that you could.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Heroes Dec 7, 2006, 11:55 DrEvil

I like it overall, but fuck its aggravating how slow it is. There is almost insignificant progress in many of the episodes.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Ps3 Developers pass Dec 1, 2006, 11:15 DrEvil

The price is also a huge barrier. It is simply not worth it.

News Comments > Vista on the Horizon
5. Re: o_o Nov 30, 2006, 16:34 DrEvil

This piece of shit can stay on the horizon.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
9. Re: hahaha Nov 30, 2006, 12:21 DrEvil

If it was in full color and like the original screen shots and I had 1200 to blow, I'd still buy one

And be forever mocked as a dumbass

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. hahaha Nov 29, 2006, 22:33 DrEvil

$1200 keyboard? hahahahahahahahahahaha

News Comments > DOOM 3 Engine Networking Mod
24. Re: Interesting Trivia Nov 29, 2006, 20:59 DrEvil

It doesn't specify on their site, but from my understanding of q4, both sides would need it, because unlike HL1, and Q3, client and server share the same dll. This was/is a limiting factor for server side bots I believe. If there's an option to disable the dll check(like the q3 pure server option?) it might work as server side only. Otherwise afaik the game verifies your pack file matches, and they wouldn't.

This comment was edited on Nov 29, 21:01.

21. Re: No subject Nov 29, 2006, 19:06 DrEvil

I think per poly hit detection has potential to be cool, though I didn't get into D3 enough to see or remember if they used any of the cool aspects. If you know what polygon you shot you can look up the material you shot, and the material can determine whether you hit flesh, a section of hard armor, a section of lighter armor, etc. Player probably wouldn't notice much difference unless you decorate all the varying hits with different hit effects and stuff, but ultimately per-poly hit detection is the only good way to do this, then in an individual triangle on a model could potentially have as many hit effects as it has texels.

And Zeph, Doom 3 engine is Client/Server. wtf are you talking about?

13. Re: No subject Nov 29, 2006, 15:59 DrEvil

No it doesn't, or rather it shouldn't. Player hit detection means jack in any commercial game engine i've worked with. it doesn't effect the networking much. Server typically has authority over hit detection for inflicting damage, and clients do it client side for visual effect.

It should be expected that that animations would be kept in sync enough where it's accurate enough visually. It must have been stupidly implemented for that to be one of the limiting factors of their networking. Can't say I'd be surprised if that were the case though.

You have some source to this? Or are you assuming that's the reason they removed it? I'd be more inclined to remove it because its completely unnecessary, and likely stupidly expensive for what it provides.

This comment was edited on Nov 29, 16:27.

11. Re: No subject Nov 29, 2006, 15:39 DrEvil

Guess thats why I didn't think much of it. By that point I had already been lanning quite a few PC fps with a group of friends, so a mediocre console fps wasn't very attractive to me.

11. Re: No subject Nov 29, 2006, 15:30 DrEvil

and per poly hit detection means jack shit to the networking aspect.

7. Re: No subject Nov 29, 2006, 13:12 DrEvil

Goldeneye is the most overhyped fps poser in history. What do people find so great about it? Horrible controls, gameplay that isn't even close to being as fun as even the original blood, duke3d, rise of the triad, etc.

3. Re: So... Nov 29, 2006, 12:28 DrEvil

I'm confused how a mod reduces network traffic while claiming they are sending the same bit sizes, and without changing any of the read/write data, unless it's simply reducing the frequency of updates or something.

1546 Comments. 78 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo