Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Dillon Storm

Real Name Dillon Storm   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Hellbinder
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.Area3d.net
Signed On Jan 14, 2002, 15:27
Total Comments 528 (Apprentice)
User ID 12221

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Oculus Rift Won't Include DOOM 3
23. Re: Oculus Rift Won't Include DOOM 3 Mar 18, 2013, 14:00 Hellbinder

Beelzebud wrote on Mar 18, 2013, 13:12:
So basically id wanted to do something cool, but their new owners told them their legal department didn't clear it.

exactly...

How do you go from big john being the main pusher and software developer for the rift.. showcasing it all across the country with doom 3.. that john has spent countless hours personally coding to work right... the rift and doom 3 have been paired together from the beginning...

to suddenly... nope not gonna work cant be done...

This is the problem with mega rich corps. 3 billion dollars profit a day isn't enough.. no we might loose a few thousand dollars on this deal.. forget it.

The Whales name is Bob.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
13. Re: Saturday Consolidation Mar 16, 2013, 21:49 Hellbinder

got a Wii. Really enjoy madden on it with the motion controls for QBing it up. Also love the DBZ game i have for it.

Im going to go Ps4 this time around. i have not bought a sony console for many years. Went Dreamcast - xbox 360 and Wii.. also hvae a PSP... almost forgot about that. Thought Wii-u looked interesting until i red the specs and saw what the other consoles were going to bring.

yeah its time to give sony a shot

(yeah and ill probably get an ouya.. 99 bucks ... sign me up)

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
5. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 14, 2013, 22:43 Hellbinder

Trashy wrote on Mar 14, 2013, 15:39:
How is that better specs than a Wii-U?

8-cores doesn't mean better performance.. Not to mention it's paired with a lowend powervr gpu.

wii-u system specs

I am aware of that.. i simply know that all the developers are saying that the Wii=U CPU is slower than the xbox 360. Id almost bet money that the 8 core 1.8ghz processor is faster in a lot of operations.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: Evening Consolidation Mar 14, 2013, 22:40 Hellbinder

fujiJuice wrote on Mar 14, 2013, 22:29:
nin wrote on Mar 14, 2013, 21:29:
PS4 not worth the cost, says Nvidia.

So says the loser...

I don't know, I think that is probably the case. I am sure nvidia could have outbid them for the contract, but is it really worth it? I would think the profits for each unit are miniscule.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

yeah right...

lets see $50 per system times 10 million.... yeah that totally sucks. im sure that having all the hardware in all 3 consoles must really really suck.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 14, 2013, 13:12 Hellbinder

that's pretty sad when a cell phone has a better processor than the Wii-U

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Ron Gilbert Leaves Double Fine
8. Re: Ron Gilbert Leaves Double Fine Mar 12, 2013, 12:47 Hellbinder

let me guess he will have a kick-starter up within a couple months.

seems to be the Modus operandi these days.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Mike Capps Leaves Epic Entirely
12. Re: Mike Capps Leaves Epic Entirely Mar 8, 2013, 10:39 Hellbinder

when i read articles like this it makes me nostalgic for 1995-1997. That was when i had joined the military and was at my first post in san diego.. finally bought my first computer. a Pentium 133 and a verite 1000 video card.

Quake, Unreal, duke.. some of the other games. I remember pre-ordering quake from ID and getting the CD in the mail from them directly. i played that game for 72 hours straight over a weekend. Connecting to my first wan game via IP... reading about team fortress mod at stomped and trying it thinking it was the greatest thing since sliced bread.

the first time you walked off the crashed ship in unreal and the jaw droping effect of the planet...

yeah and reading plan updates about how john carmack had traded in his old Ferrari and 985,000 dollars for his new one..

what is my point? gaming was magical back then. the devs made the games, worked their asses off and got the profit. Now its all mega publishers, slave labor, board members and bullshit... none of the great studios exist or operate like they did back then. Its all just gone to hell in a hand basket.

If only there was a reset button somewhere on this thing.

This comment was edited on Mar 8, 2013, 10:46.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Mar 7, 2013, 20:36 Hellbinder

how is NVidia getting away with such an obvious bullshit announcement?

There is no Nvidia hardware in the PS4.. NONE... How can CUDA hardware accelerate PhysX with no CUDA hardware present?? Who do these numbskulls think they are fooling?

Yes PhysX will in reality run easily on ATI hardware Nvidia has simply not allowed it in the past. I guess getting your ass handed to you on a platter by all 3 console makers might have unpuckered their but holes.

Morons.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Jason West Retires?
24. Re: Jason West Retires? Mar 4, 2013, 21:56 Hellbinder

Paketep wrote on Mar 4, 2013, 10:16:
InBlack wrote on Mar 4, 2013, 09:33:
Well these two guys were responsible for the CoDs that didnt suck. I wish him and his mountain of cash all the best!

They also allowed Acti to ruin the franchise MW2 onwards, and also dropped LAN and dedi support.

So, for my part, fuck that loser.

Yes because Video Games are so much more important than REAL PEOPLE and their FAMILIES...

some people are real low life tools.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Op Ed
49. Re: Op Ed Mar 2, 2013, 13:27 Hellbinder

there is nothing wrong with micro-transactions on a totally FTP game. That is understandable and you know going into the game that this is how the dev will make a living.

But.. Putting them in a $60 title, where the game is basically designed hamstrung from the start so you have to keep paying for what should have been included is Just wrong.

i guess there is a lot of grey area between those two.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Defiance Likely a Film Title
5. Re: Deus Ex: Human Defiance Likely a Film Title Mar 1, 2013, 21:07 Hellbinder

well as long as it stars Keanu reeves as a normal guy trapped in a futuristic world controlled by machines, who secretly has super powers and tries to liberate the human race.. Sign me up!!!

I would so pay to see that.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Revolution
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Revolution Feb 28, 2013, 16:18 Hellbinder

I've had it with all the advertising shit on your website. Get the shit off the right side of the screen. I will never click on any of that junk and it screws up the site layout.  
The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Joel Bylos is Funcom's New Creative Director
3. Re: Joel Bylos is Funcom's New Creative Director Feb 26, 2013, 15:30 Hellbinder

Dude.. you have got to be kidding me.. "shitty games"????

Um Anarchy Online is one of the most awesome online games of all time. I have had a paid subscription to that game since it came out. I've tried a lot of other mmos and none of them are as fulfilling as learning to twink the crap out of an AO toon. Is there stuff i whine about sure.. but every game has aspects about it you wish were different.

as far as AOC and Secret World they are pretty good games to. There is not a single game funcom has ever released that anyone that actually plays games could call "shitty".

they have also released a couple of the greatest adventure games of all time.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > WildStar This Year
4. Re: WildStar This Year Feb 7, 2013, 12:29 Hellbinder

looks cool to me, i signed up for the beta.

Why do you guys think everything looks like wow? Its freaking neurotic.

It, looks animeish kind of cowboy beebopish - 70's cartoonish

From the very little they have shown it also looks like they have some original ideas. the quests designed for each class seem unique from the videos regarding soldier and explorer.

Not one of the games you all harp on constantly as "wow clones" that i tried for myself was anything lie wow. its Not even happened one time in my experience. which means you guys are tossing out bs comments without actually reading the information or taking any kind of honest look at these games.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Into the Black
10. removed Jan 17, 2013, 13:05 Hellbinder

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jan 17, 2013, 18:39.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Bohemia Interactive Devs Make Bail
9. Re: Bohemia Interactive Devs Make Bail Jan 15, 2013, 11:18 Hellbinder

is it just me or does this sentence not make any sense.

""After Bohemia Interactive denied that its employees were in Greece and illegally obtained photos as part of their work""

so were they there for their work or not?

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
5. Re: Sunday Mobilization Jan 6, 2013, 21:08 Hellbinder

Windows 8 is awesome as is a windows 8 phone I was helping someone with recently.

all the animosity people have against windows 8 makes ZERO sense.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
9. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 16, 2012, 19:15 Hellbinder

in other news God loves everyone despite killing everyone in a flood and inventing eternal torment....  
The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > The Secret World F2P Plans?
4. Re: The Secret World F2P Plans? Dec 11, 2012, 01:51 Hellbinder

This game was built and advertized as FTP for at least 2 years before the sudden change to pay to play one year from release.

The whole thing stinks to high heaven as far as i am concerned.

Morons....

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Valve Living Room PCs Next Year?
16. Re: Valve Living Room PCs Next Year? Dec 9, 2012, 15:58 Hellbinder

RollinThundr wrote on Dec 9, 2012, 15:21:
I hope this flops harder than the non existent Phantom.

the PC market is collapsing.. do you want to play games or not.

The Whales name is Bob.

528 Comments. 27 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo