Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Dillon Storm

Real Name Dillon Storm   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Hellbinder
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.Area3d.net
Signed On Jan 14, 2002, 15:27
Total Comments 528 (Apprentice)
User ID 12221

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Saints Row IV Refused Oz Classification
25. Re: Saints Row IV Refused Oz Classification Jun 25, 2013, 20:08 Hellbinder

What kind of sick people are we? where we all get off on such ridiculous amounts of violence especially against women and other innocents? Who in their right mind even MAKES a game where you play through acts of rape and assault on women?

Seriously WTF is wrong with all of you!

The Whales name is Bob.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
18. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 14, 2013, 12:04 Hellbinder

maybe its time for the return of reading books for entertainment. like actual books.

I feel like i woke up in a bad sliders episode with all the crazy 1984 crap going on in every area of our lives.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Blizzard Confirms Titan Setback
30. Re: Blizzard Confirms Titan Setback May 29, 2013, 14:15 Hellbinder

what possible reason could they have for wanting to make huge design and technology changes to the game now?? after so many years?

Honestly why do companies do this?? I am sure Titan is fine the way it is and heck its probably awesome. I guarantee you they do not need to change the game design or the technology.

The question is what clueless suit wearing douche-bag walked in and made such a retarded decision.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Trailer
8. Re: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Trailer May 14, 2013, 17:34 Hellbinder

why is freedom (especially in games) always related to violence treachery, murder and debauchery?

It be a better world if people started thinking of freedom is terms of cooperation, friendship, peace, harmony and goodwill.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 8, 2013, 15:20 Hellbinder

Funny... im using windows 8 right now and i can use a mouse and keyboard just fine.  
The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > EA Ending Three Social Games
17. Re: EA Ending Three Social Games Apr 15, 2013, 11:27 Hellbinder

ViRGE wrote on Apr 15, 2013, 10:29:
wtf_man wrote on Apr 15, 2013, 10:17:
Well... if they are only being paid per ad hit... like YouTube pays a couple bucks per 1000 video hits... then probably there needs to be huge activity before the game can generate a profit. So once activity drops below a certain threshold, it probably starts losing money as EA has to pay whomever maintains the code, etc.

I don't know how the model works, nor how Facebook pays for the games.
The above was just a guess on my part.
...not that I really care about Facebook, social games, nor EA.
It's a correct guess. These games are supported through ads and whales (the dumb people that spend hundreds of dollars). Even with the two the average per-user take is very low due to the fact that ads pay poorly and whales are a tiny percentage. So if your user count drops below enormous levels, you can quickly reach a point where minimal dev costs and service costs outstrip your income. This is especially bad if you disproportionally lose your whales, leaving behind a bunch of people essentially playing for free.

I don't buy it.

At 5 million users.. even if they only all spent 1 dollar a month each on in game stuff... if your game cant survive on 5 million dollars a month then there are some kind of serious idiots running the show. I dev group of 10 should be able to maintain a game like that and add new content regularly.

I am just disgusted at most of the people running the game industry now.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > No One Knows Who Owns NOLF
46. Re: More Big Picture Details Apr 7, 2013, 11:56 Hellbinder

HorrorScope wrote on Apr 7, 2013, 11:07:
I liked them both, but it doesn't bring me sadness in any way they may not be for sale again or there won't be a third. Sure lets make an article so everyone all of a sudden thinks they need this!

Anyone is free to make a game exactly like NOLF, with just changing the name(s). So if there is this real demand, and someone can write a game, go for it.

Prior to this article I have not heard of this swelling game base and their need for NOLF.

This article and statement are a response to people complaining about those games not being on Gog. Not some grand conspiracy theory.

and i am sad because that single shot pistol with the exploding bullet is the most awesome gun of all time. fun multilayer played death-match for hours in that game.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > No One Knows Who Owns NOLF
45. Re: No One Knows Who Owns NOLF Apr 7, 2013, 11:51 Hellbinder

I'm pretty sure they were not financial duds.  
The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Minecraft PC Sells $10MM; "Subtly" Teases Horses
4. Re: Minecraft PC Sells $10MM; Apr 5, 2013, 11:39 Hellbinder

And they have sold an additional 6 million+ on the Xbox... and probably at least a million on phones. (probably more like 3)

that is a lot of money for a few guys in an office in Sweeden.

... well they have a few more than a few now i guess.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Rhode Island Alleges 38 Studios Deception
2. Re: Rhode Island Alleges 38 Studios Deception Apr 5, 2013, 11:28 Hellbinder

how do you need more than 75 million to make an MMO?

Its total bull. at the time they were supposedly seriously working on their MMO the budget for a decent one was about 25 million for what would be considered AAA.

before that they had supposedly been working on an MMO for at least 2 years with shilling and his investors money. none of this makes any sense.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > DOOM 4 Development Rebooted in 2011
15. Re: DOOM 4 Development Rebooted in 2011 Apr 3, 2013, 22:32 Hellbinder

A decade ago really?

I will never understand why these game developers sell themselves to big publishers.

There was no reason to ever make doom 4. They should have done what they mentioned a few times. revisit the world of the original quake.

Off topic...

but i don't see how any game developers are going to survive the next generation war. Who can afford the development cost of all the insane expectations people expect from games art assets and cinematic atmosphere. It seems to me like the industry is about to eat itself out of existence.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > SEGA Scolded Over Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailers?
27. Re: SEGA Scolded Over Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailers? Apr 3, 2013, 14:10 Hellbinder

after reading this i watched angry joe's review.

It is freaking Hilarious!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGX2WE4QUw8

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Jay Wilson: Auction Houses "Really Hurt" Diablo III
27. Re: Jay Wilson: Auctions Houses Mar 29, 2013, 10:33 Hellbinder

eyes.... bleeding.... permanent damage.... xXBatmanXx's... signature... to.... powerful.....

while I am not playing diablo 3.. I have to admit myself that I pretty much have no will when it comes to stuff like this. any game I am playing that has stuff for sale that gives me an advantage or makes it cooler to play... my bank account instantly suffers.

I just kicked out $100 for the firefall beta to get "commander" founder status just to get the motorcycle to ride around on.

I wish I had more discipline and will power but I just don't. this is why I must never play this game.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 27, 2013, 12:04 Hellbinder

I decided to get a wii-u for a few reasons.

It is a shame that its not getting better support. there is no reason not to put BF4 on it. The best thing wii-u has going for it is the ability to play the game on the controller pad without a tv.

Or games like black opps being able to play 2 player without spit screen with one person on the TV and the other on the controller.

The problem is they simply made a colossal mistake on the hardware. It should have at least a quad core processor and 3G of ram. These devs know that Xbox and PS4 are going to be nearly identical hardware wise as will the PC be also. Its a lot of extra work to port it over to the Wii-u with its xbox 360 processor and 1g ram.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 26, 2013, 20:58 Hellbinder

they are also paying for the relationship of an obvious genius designer idea person. something they need pretty badly.  
The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Square Enix Reports "Extraordinary Loss" - President Resigns
24. Re: Square Enix Reports Mar 26, 2013, 11:19 Hellbinder

Changing game environment?

There is still at least one more generation of consoles to go with millions of buyers. there are phones and PSP Vitas and 3DS's. All of which would have large sales of old school RPG or story driven stealth action games.

They have such an awesome collection of titles and material to draw from that people will still buy in droves. was there really a need to do some massive restructuring? ( Parasite Eve is still about my favorite game of all time)

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Unreal Engine 4 Teaser
25. Re: Unreal Engine 4 Teaser Mar 25, 2013, 19:20 Hellbinder

so they have basically caught up to engine technology a year ago. but even that is pretty un awe inspiring.

Its ok by me as im not a graphics whore. Currently playing resident evil 4 Wii edition and enjoying it a lot.

having said that, graphic engines seem to have hit a plateau and run out of ideas. it almost feels like after all the volumetric/ray/specular/buppy blah blah stuff what we really need is a new dose of good old fashioned super high rez textures.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > OnLive: 'Tis But a Scratch!
10. Re: OnLive: 'Tis But a Scratch! Mar 21, 2013, 12:39 Hellbinder

Tis better to have tried and failed then to never have tried at all...

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Adding Occulus Rift Support
17. Re: Team Fortress 2 Adding Occulus Rift Support Mar 19, 2013, 16:02 Hellbinder

soo.. whats that excuse about quake 3 again?

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Oculus Rift Won't Include DOOM 3
25. Re: Oculus Rift Won't Include DOOM 3 Mar 18, 2013, 15:25 Hellbinder

actually beamer... its been "ready" enough to show off at trade shows for months.

somewhere along the line this is about money.

The Whales name is Bob.

528 Comments. 27 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo