Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Dillon Storm

Real Name Dillon Storm   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Hellbinder
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.Area3d.net
Signed On Jan 14, 2002, 15:27
Total Comments 528 (Apprentice)
User ID 12221

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > UO Rate Hike
48. Re: No subject May 23, 2003, 01:01 Hellbinder

Hmm, it seems you have not played AO recently eh? You also seemed to miss the part about battleing for land contol.

However, before you think i am an AO junky.. i have not played it for a long time. Currently I am addicted to a simple MMORPG/FPS called Endless Ages. Which is very cool, but not well known.

Pentium 4 2.4B 533 FSB
I850EMD2
512mb 40ns Rdram
Radeon 9700pro 330/330
Win Xp
This comment was edited on May 23, 01:02.

The Whales name is Bob.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

33. Re: No subject May 22, 2003, 21:09 Hellbinder

hmmm, I played the game for a solid month.. They do have a lot of Skills but most of them add nothing to the game, or are really ever used.

I really cant see how you think AO is less complex. They have a lot of Classes, Skills, Nano tech to add Housing, land control battles a world about 5x bigger and 3 factions kicking each others ass all the time.

Pentium 4 2.4B 533 FSB
I850EMD2
512mb 40ns Rdram
Radeon 9700pro 330/330
Win Xp

The Whales name is Bob.

30. No subject May 22, 2003, 20:28 Hellbinder

I thik its freaking Ridiculous!!

At 9.99 with 230,000 subscribers thats... 2,297,700 PER MONTH. Over 2 million bucks PER MONTH. And you are telling em they need to hike the Price???? PUHlease! Thats almost 30 million bucks PER YEAR!!!. Thats Steady income folks. How many employees do they need to keep this thing going?? they almost never add new content. The latest addon sold for another 30$ a pop and only added custom housing.

at 12.99 per month they are now pulling in 2.9 Million a month and just over 35 million a year. This is pure greed from the publisher and nothing else. The Graphics suck, and I dont think the gameplay is that great either. I tried it for 1 month recently and do not find it even close to as Intrigueing and deep as Anarchy Online. Thats just one example.

These guys are simply rolling in the dough, without offering anything new to the people currently playing it. They should have put out a modern RPG a long time ago.

IMO this is Sick and Wrong.

Pentium 4 2.4B 533 FSB
I850EMD2
512mb 40ns Rdram
Radeon 9700pro 330/330
Win Xp
This comment was edited on May 22, 20:32.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Trailer
249. Re: OH MAH GAWD!! May 19, 2003, 20:07 Hellbinder

Anybody know how much computer you'll need to make the game look and run like that?

Well my friend. That E3 demo (the big one 500mb) etc were all played using a Radeon 9800pro and 3Gp4. The game played with MAX detail and high res. Thus Its pretty obvious that the hardware to play it is already here. The 9800pro's DX9 capabilities (power wise) are unmatched.

When HL2 ships ATi will have out its comming 9800pro XT which ships in July. Clocked at 450 core and 460mhz DDR-II ram.

Pentium 4 2.4B 533 FSB
I850EMD2
512mb 40ns Rdram
Radeon 9700pro 330/330
Win Xp

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
64. No subject May 2, 2003, 15:38 Hellbinder

The fact that criminals like Bush and Cheny are not only not dead, but allowed to be in power to commit them only further prooves there's no god-or at least one that cares-in this Universe

This is so fing STUPID i cant believe it. What is amazing is that there are actualy IDIOTS like you who think this way. Riiight.. All the CHILDREN that were freed from their torchers prisons and the people liberated from a sadistic POS extremest dictator are really SUFFERING now.

Where the **** do people like you even get off with complete MINDLESS BULLSHIT like the crap quoted above?? Do you even have ONE working Brainc cell??

Obviously NOT. Im telling you, The world would be a far far better place if we could line up all the Spinless idiodic WORMS like you and ship you off to some other planet. All you do is Screw up this one, as you dont ahve any common sense, reasoning power, or shred of morality.

Pentium 4 2.4B 533 FSB
I850EMD2
512mb 40ns Rdram
Radeon 9700pro 330/330
Win Xp

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
60. No subject May 2, 2003, 15:33 Hellbinder

Let George Bush do stupid things like that. Maybe he'll do us all a favor and get himself killed.

No, maybe you and the other dipshit liberals do the world the real favor it needs by movign to mars or something. You little retarded idiots are not even worth a PIMPLE on President Bush's Ass. You make me sick. If the left, represented by people like you and several others posting here ever got in charge the World would be over before you know it. All you people do is make and Say one Hair brainded Idiotic statement after the next.

You disgust me.

Pentium 4 2.4B 533 FSB
I850EMD2
512mb 40ns Rdram
Radeon 9700pro 330/330
Win Xp

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > TOP GUN Combat Zones Demo
12. No subject Apr 9, 2003, 00:21 Hellbinder

please tell me this idiot Fredrickson is going to get Banned...

Pentium 4 2.4B 533 FSB
I850EMD2
512mb 40ns Rdram
Radeon 9700pro 330/330
Win Xp

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Devastation Patch Plans
30. No subject Mar 31, 2003, 10:44 Hellbinder

Minority Majority.. LOL

The truth is non of you creeps have even played it. Its obvious. you nothing but a bunch of immature little blood suckers who smelled blood and all jumped on the slam wagon.

It is so OBVIOUS and SAD that you people have made your *mind* up without actualyl seeing the final product. From the lame discriptions of the games AI, its single pleyer etc. Then you people have the nerve to tell em Im in the minority?? when maybe ONE of you in this entire discussion actually PLAYED the game?? pulease.. its insulting...

There is simple NO WAY that anyone who actually PLAYED the final retail game, especially the Single plyer is going to come away with a bunch of negative spin on it. You can interact with virtually everthing in the enviornment in every level. Kill people with Chairs etc.. Turn stuff on and off.. etc. Then if these so called *naysayers* had actually played the game they would have known about Simulation mode over Arcade mode. In simulation mode which i am playing the AI is Petty good. The weapon damage etc is very cool.

It is just really really sad, that a few losers who are just spreading untruthful crap are supposedly now the "majority"... You guys are all doing yourselves a disservice if you believe this junk. As I am sure you will all see when the Reviews hit. Then I guess you can all sit around scratching your heads about "how a game that sux so bad" is getting good reviews...

Pentium 4 2.4B 533 FSB
I850EMD2
512mb 40ns Rdram
Radeon 9700pro 330/330
Win Xp

The Whales name is Bob.

20. No subject Mar 30, 2003, 19:59 Hellbinder

Humph.. or whatever.. You need to SHUT UP.

There is no way you even played the retail game. I own it and have been playing it all day. Its fantastic. Simply Great Single player game. The AI is above average easily. With some really bright spots. They duck, hide, reposition themselves etc. The weapons are awesome. The Level Design is the best I have seen in a couple years. Very, very detailed levels. I mean extremely. You can interact with all kinds of things in each level. Chairs, Tables, boxes etc.

Again.. There is NO FREAKING WAY you or the other couple of idiot naysayers actually played the full game. I have encounterd no bugs, no crashes nothing.

Again.. this is a very HQ game. It is a steal at 39$.

Pentium 4 2.4B 533 FSB
I850EMD2
512mb 40ns Rdram
Radeon 9700pro 330/330
Win Xp
This comment was edited on Mar 30, 20:00.

The Whales name is Bob.

19. Re: sorry but... Mar 30, 2003, 19:54 Hellbinder

I have just read some of the other comments. I cant believe some of you people are so lame. There is no way you actually played the full RETAIL game and post that it sux etc.. Give me a break..

This game is Quality stuff. Again the Single player is awesome as I said before. My advice is not to listen to these idiots who played a old Warez hack or something...

Pentium 4 2.4B 533 FSB
I850EMD2
512mb 40ns Rdram
Radeon 9700pro 330/330
Win Xp

The Whales name is Bob.

18. Re: sorry but... Mar 30, 2003, 19:50 Hellbinder

I have the retail game. The SINGLE Player is the best since half-Life. Seriously I love it. Incredible level detail. Cool Characters, weapons story etc. Very nice. Well,,, Maybe best since half-life is a little strong. But it is very good and very well done.

Multiplayer is nice. I can see that it is going to be one of my favorite complete game packages ever. Trust me guys this game is great. Forget the demo issues. The full game is fantastic and well worth the 39.99 price.

Pentium 4 2.4B 533 FSB
I850EMD2
512mb 40ns Rdram
Radeon 9700pro 330/330
Win Xp

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > AquaMark Website
2. Re: Futuremark=crap Mar 24, 2003, 10:04 Hellbinder

Like #1 even has a clue what your talking about. Another Victim of Nvidia misinformation.
They explain why benchmarks based on real game engines (like this one, which is based on the Krass engine from AquaNox) are more important these days than ever
Um, Like your real engine amounts to a hill of beans. This is a an prime example of why synthetic benchmarks written to dx9 SPEC ONLY are far better than Game companies with a HISTORY of IHV favrotism in their code.

Besides, Like 1% of the game world ever played Aquanox, and no one will use their engine. So what the hell makes their little offering so *important* in this day and age??

Pentium 4 2.4B 533 FSB
I850EMD2
512mb 40ns Rdram
Radeon 9700pro 330/330
Win Xp

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Battlefield 1942 Map
22. Re: I don't really care Mar 22, 2003, 03:52 Hellbinder

this is a shameful exploitation of the genocide of iraq. EA has sunk to a new low by trying to make a profit off of the deaths of innocent iraqi soldiers in the desert

STFU you Freaking idiot. There is no Genoside going on in the desert. There are virtually no casualties at all and the Iraqi PEOPLE are Cheering and tearing down posters of that sadistic dictator. WTF Is wrong with people like you?? Huh? Talking SHIT like this when That POS Feeds WOMEN and Children into Plastic Shredders!!!!!...

You should be ASHAMED of yourself, you piece of human Filth.

Pentium 4 2.4B 533 FSB
I850EMD2
512mb 40ns Rdram
Radeon 9700pro 330/330
Win Xp
This comment was edited on Mar 22, 03:54.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > John Carmack on 3D
50. No subject Jan 30, 2003, 16:46 Hellbinder

That's exactly the thing why ATI users think that the Radeon drivers are already perfect! It's simply wrong, they are still leagues away from nvidia's driver programming team but they don't see it because they only play games which 95% of ATI users also play: Quake3, BF1942, SeriousSam, Medal of Honor and so on. ATI certainly made sure that the most popular games run fine on Radeon cards or that bugs are fixed quite fast.
But there also exists games/programs which are not used by average Joe and which one could need to run flawlessly on one's PC. 3DS Max comes to mind as many other 3D windows accelerated programs. Of course emulators is also a big problem for ATI, since 99% of them are optimized for nvidia cards and it will take ATI a long time to break this cycle. Until that times arrive, I'll stay with nvidia...

NO, I am using PS1 emmulatiors and they work awesome. The truth is that most of these console emmulator plugins were written with PROPRIETARY Nvidia OpenGL extensions. Which is why some of them perform slower, or wont work at all.

John Carmack says indicates This pattern continues even through Doom-III. R300 crushes the Nv30 in the ARB2 Standard for OpenGL. So he is writting a SPECIFIC, and SPECIAL Nv30 path...

You guys need to start paying attention to the fine print of whats going on around you. And think about what you are supporting with your blind Bias.

Pentium 4 2.4B 533 FSB
I850EMD2
512mb 40ns Rdram
Radeon 9700pro 330/330
Win Xp
This comment was edited on Jan 30, 16:48.

The Whales name is Bob.

41. No subject Jan 30, 2003, 12:51 Hellbinder

So, have you had no life for 5 months? Or did that start before you got the 9700 pro? Just trying to make sure we have all the facts here

TRue.. Hebrew dude.. You got me there. I have literally had rno life for teh last 5 months. Work is a drag, and i have been escaping a lot into various games.. Of course with the 9700 thats an easy thing to do.

Guys I know that was WAY overreacting, but i am so tired of this whole driver issue being used as some kind of justification to be Anti ATi. All their serious driver issues are a thing of the past. I have had nothing but blis for months now. and i went from a GF4 ti 4200 to this 9700pro.

Pentium 4 2.4B 533 FSB
I850EMD2
512mb 40ns Rdram
Radeon 9700pro 330/330
Win Xp
This comment was edited on Jan 30, 12:52.

The Whales name is Bob.

17. I am sick of this.. Jan 30, 2003, 02:54 Hellbinder

I have had it with these kinds of BULLSHIT posts.

Well he isn't the only one that knows that. I'd much rather have a card that runs all games than one that has problems with some.. even if it is a faster card. I still don't trust ATI's drivers and that is why I stay away from thier cards. I never buy the top-of-the-line video card anyways, so I don't have to worry about how loud the FX is. However, I've heard nVidia will be selling cheaper models that only take up one slot and will probably have a quieter fan too.

Oh well.. I'm happy with my GF4 Ti for now.

Ever read help forum around various game companies? or Patch details. There are easily as many bug fixes for Nvidia cards as ATi cards. On top of that the Nv30's openGL drivers are 1/2 the speed of ATi when running the STANDARD OPENGL ARB mode. or did you just overlook that.

Sure he said *somewhat* better drivers.. but there is hardlly much difference anymore. And MOST of the problems are becuase LAZY developers program the games on Nvidia cards. and do things *the Nvidia way* which might not line up with the STandards set by everyone. As Carmacks post clearly illustrates. The Nv30 cant even REMOTELY keep up when running the Common OpenGL STANDARD.

I have a 9700pro. And it kicks the living SHIT out or your OLD GF4. Guess what Pal. I dont have a SINGLE driver issue at all. If fact, I just got done playing BF 1942 for 3 hours at 1024x768x32 with 6x FSAA and 8x AF averaging well into the 70 FPS range. I have yet to see it dip below 60 FPS even with 6x FSAA. I have been enjoying Gameplay like this for 5 months now.

Pentium 4 2.4B 533 FSB
I850EMD2
512mb 40ns Rdram
Radeon 9700pro 330/330
Win Xp

This comment was edited on Jan 30, 02:59.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > IGI 2 Single-Player Demo
37. No subject Jan 21, 2003, 04:29 Hellbinder

This is BS.

The games graphics are awesome. How can anyone say anything else? I'ts rediculous. I KNOW that some of you people just post stupid **** for no reason whatsoever... For crying out loud, look at the awesome water..

The game play in the single and MP demo is good. it is astonishing that anyone can look at all the complete crap games that have been releaed in the last coupple years and not be impressed with this game. Its clearly a cut above the rest.

Of course i am NOT talking about the few elite titles out there.

Pentium 4 2.4B 533 FSB
I850EMD2
512mb 40ns Rdram
Radeon 9700pro 330/330
Win Xp
This comment was edited on Jan 21, 04:39.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Battlecruiser Q&A
14. Whatever.. Jan 20, 2003, 17:25 Hellbinder

That was a decent interview and there was not even one point where he got out-of-line, abusive or anything else.

It is really LAME that you guys can't even read a review for its content. What has any one of you morons done with your life that you are even in the same league as someone who has produced and sold even one game?? Or done anything at all noteworthy with your life?

It just kills me, you people are noting but little geeks sitting around a computer with no life. Yet you think you are fit to judge anyone. Well you are not. You dont rate. You guys are the true wastes of human flesh.

Wether people like or dislike Derek Smart is not the issue. The problem is none of you little rat balls even know what the Fuck you are talking about. Period. You are just spewing shit becuase you think its funny. How would you like it if people talked like that about you????

Pentium 4 2.4B 533 FSB
I850EMD2
512mb 40ns Rdram
Radeon 9700pro 330/330
Win Xp

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Road to Rome Preview
7. No subject Jan 13, 2003, 00:05 Hellbinder

Fred.. you are an idiot...

There is a lot more to mod design than the level editor.. which was not done.. and is being included..

what a Stooge...

Pentium 4 2.4B 533 FSB
I850EMD2
512mb 40ns Rdram
Radeon 9700pro 330/330
Win Xp
This comment was edited on Jan 13, 00:05.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Road to Rome Preview
5. No subject Jan 12, 2003, 22:54 Hellbinder

Give me a break fredrickson....

The maps in BF have at least 10x the content of any other game. 6 professionaly maps is a big deal, and will really benefit the community. on top of that you get new Professionally made vehicles, and weapons. Not to mention 2 new armies to play around with.

BF is absolutly HUGE in popularity right now. Once the mod tools get released with this expansion pak it will get even bigger. AND we will have the benefit of several extra months of the Tools being tweaked to perfection.

Pentium 4 2.4B 533 FSB
I850EMD2
512mb 40ns Rdram
Radeon 9700pro 330/330
Win Xp
This comment was edited on Jan 12, 23:00.

The Whales name is Bob.

528 Comments. 27 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo