Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Dillon Storm

Real Name Dillon Storm   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Hellbinder
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.Area3d.net
Signed On Jan 14, 2002, 15:27
Total Comments 528 (Apprentice)
User ID 12221

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Half-Life 2/ATI Bundle?
56. No subject Aug 3, 2003, 20:32 Hellbinder

Not sure why Hellbinder took it so personally...
WEll to tell you the truth i am simply tired of the hoards of misinformation about ATi.

Just look at all the ATi/Vavle in bed together crap thats been posted. Sure who cares if virtually every single major Game Developer and publisher have been in bed with Nvidia forever. ONE freaking game and now ATi is the *bad guy*. Its sickening hypocracy. Look how many *The way its meant to be played* titles there are..

Perhaps, just perhaps.. its becuase the 9700/9800 cards are *BETTER* than the entire FX line when talking about Dx9. Since Valvle themselves are credited with saying that the 9800pro runs HL2 DX9 shaders *up to* 10x faster than a 5900U. Or the fact that the only reason that the Fx line is even considered Dx9 compatable is that Microsoft issued a *Special expemtion* to allow for the Fx's FP16 rendering.

It just bugs me that these Nvidia Fanboys will ignore the Countless games coded over the last 3 years with *SPICIFIC SPECIAL* support for Nvidia cards, while now crying evil evil sinply becuas the current ATi line has superior DX9 processing power.

Pentium 4 2.4B 533 FSB
I850EMD2
512mb 40ns Rdram
Radeon 9700pro 330/330
Win Xp

The Whales name is Bob.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

39. No subject Aug 3, 2003, 15:50 Hellbinder

Unless you only upgrade for FPS, you should DEFINITELY buy a 9800 over a 9500. The 9500 is DX8. Many of the things you see in the HL2 demos are DX9. With a 9500 you won't have to worry about getting better FPS, as you're going to automatically have graphical features barred from your use.
Again.. that is ABSOLUTELY FALSE!

The 9500pro will allow you to play the game with the same features as the 9700/9800/9900pro cards. The only difference is you will be forced to play at lower resolutions, and may have to use lower AA levels.

Pentium 4 2.4B 533 FSB
I850EMD2
512mb 40ns Rdram
Radeon 9700pro 330/330
Win Xp
This comment was edited on Aug 3, 15:50.

The Whales name is Bob.

37. Re: No subject Aug 3, 2003, 15:45 Hellbinder

The 9500 isn't DX9, actually. So it won't be able to use all of HL2's features.
One idiot posts something, and now there is confusion all over. What makes anyone give this guys opinion any credability at all??

For the record both the 9500 non pro and 9500pro are Full DX9 cards with the *identical* Dx9 feature set of the 9700pro. Why is that??? Becuase they are the EXACT SAME CHIP. They are all R300's. 9500pro has its memory bandwidth cut down to 128bits, but still has 8 pipelines, the 9500np has 128bit memory and only 4 pipelines.

However they are all Still the same Technology level. Why that guy decided to post utter nonsense like that is beyond me.

Pentium 4 2.4B 533 FSB
I850EMD2
512mb 40ns Rdram
Radeon 9700pro 330/330
Win Xp
This comment was edited on Aug 3, 15:46.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Tomb Raider Shake-up
21. Whatever.. Jul 31, 2003, 01:25 Hellbinder

agree, this is obviously a very ignorant comment. The fact is that the Tomb Raider series is in sharp need of re-thinking.
Core has had it easy for far too long and it's high time that Eidos took this away from them. I am only sorry to see that they waited this long, but I suppose one has to admit, the movies looked really good.
Oh thats really brilliant. Just great. Core thinks up and designs a game like no one had seen before that sold a bazillion copies. Nearly single handedly putting Edios on the map. Futher they released a few Sequels that sold a bazillion copies.. Which lead to a Blobkbuster summer film.

Now suddenly You guys are all for ripping the creation away from the creator just because its not lining the coffers of the Fat Suited IDIOTS that run most of the publishing houses these days.

Whats next... Nintendo should get Mario ripped away from them to for nothing else but pointless blind greed of a bunch of idiot Suits?

Please..

Screw idiot publishing houses, I pretty much hate them all.

Pentium 4 2.4B 533 FSB
I850EMD2
512mb 40ns Rdram
Radeon 9700pro 330/330
Win Xp

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Lineage II Trailer & Beta Update
3. Re: It looks like Jul 24, 2003, 01:59 Hellbinder

You know i dont think you understand.

Liniage *is* the Worlds Biggest MMORPG and it has been for a few years. They have about 2 million active player accounts. Meaning that many players almost a Day. It is a very well developed game with tons of content.

What you also may not be aware of, is the Lineage company Bought/Hired the Entire Oigional Ultima online creative team headed up by Lord Brittish himself. They are the ones creating Lineage 2.

There is some great information out there about this. You should check it out. This will likely turn out to be the biggest moderb MMORPG of all time.

Pentium 4 2.4B 533 FSB
I850EMD2
512mb 40ns Rdram
Radeon 9700pro 330/330
Win Xp
This comment was edited on Jul 24, 02:00.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > No DOOM 3 This Year
60. Looks like you better read up... Jul 22, 2003, 23:45 Hellbinder

A better reason for a 5900Ultra is HL2.

Better go read soem threads at Beyond3d and some of the latest interviews with the Valve guys. The Entire DX9 developent of HL2 was done on the Radeon cards. Also the Nv35 is screwed for FSAA in that game. But most importantly becuase the Nv30/35 has flat out screwed up Pixel and Vertex shaders it cant run the HQ HL2 shaders worth a DAMN. In fact it was stated in reference at B3d that the Lead Valve guys says that the 9800pro runs the DX9 shaders for HL2 5x-10X FASTER than the 5900U.

This is the bottom line truth. Its only going to get worse with future games that use even more shaders. Unless of course Nvidia gets away with even more application detection and IQ hacking than they are now.

Pentium 4 2.4B 533 FSB
I850EMD2
512mb 40ns Rdram
Radeon 9700pro 330/330
Win Xp
This comment was edited on Jul 22, 23:47.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > New ATI Catalyst Drivers
23. No subject Jul 15, 2003, 21:36 Hellbinder

nVidia does the exact same thing at yeah its hella lame. Fortunately someone here pointed me to a website for hacked drivers for my GeForce2 Go...otherwise I would still be stuck with the same 16.20 version that were released with my Gateway that have NEVER changed or been updated in a year and a half now...

There is actually a little app released that Mods *all* Catalyst drivers to work on mobility chips. I always have the latest and greatest on my Dell with a Radeon Mobility. Just did the Cat 3.6 released today. The little app can be downloaded from Rage3d.

Pentium 4 2.4B 533 FSB
I850EMD2
512mb 40ns Rdram
Radeon 9700pro 330/330
Win Xp

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > New ATI Catalyst Drivers
22. Re: lame Jul 15, 2003, 21:33 Hellbinder

They fix problems with UT2003 and NWN? This is why I haven't bought a ATI card.

Thats what happens when people DONT READ.. they just comment on the one liners.. It fixes a coupple rare and odd problems with those games on Radeon 7000 cards. OLD OLD OLD stuff.

I have a 9700pro and 8500 and have not experience any real problems for a couple years. All these drivers do for people like me is increase performance.

What really pisses me off with comments like this is STUPID people actaully think that Nvidia never has driver problems.. Uh yeah.. thats why they leak beta drivers non stop...

Pentium 4 2.4B 533 FSB
I850EMD2
512mb 40ns Rdram
Radeon 9700pro 330/330
Win Xp

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > BREED Delayed
30. No subject Jul 12, 2003, 03:47 Hellbinder

Im Still Trying to Figure out how some people Actually think that the Breed Demo was an *Alpha* release. I swear people pull stuff like this out of their ass way to much.

The game was origionally slated for a summer release. HTF do you think that its *Summer* released DEMO is supposedly Alpha code???

Do people even know WTF ALPHA code is??? I seriously doubt it.

Pentium 4 2.4B 533 FSB
I850EMD2
512mb 40ns Rdram
Radeon 9700pro 330/330
Win Xp
This comment was edited on Jul 12, 03:48.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Endless Ages Retail
11. Re: No subject Jul 3, 2003, 12:46 Hellbinder

Bah Neocron is a much better MMOFPSRPG and I think it was also the first of that kind. Maybe these guys started developping a bit earlier, but Neocron has been retail for some 10 months now.

you dont even know what you are talking about. endless Ages has been Gold for a little over a year. Just not sold retail. It is a totally different Vibe than Neocron. So saying one is better than the other is totally pointless. Besides which you cant build a house out in the boonies and set up a store in Neocron. You can do stuff like that in EA.

Pentium 4 2.4B 533 FSB
I850EMD2
512mb 40ns Rdram
Radeon 9700pro 330/330
Win Xp
This comment was edited on Jul 3, 12:47.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Endless Ages Retail
8. No subject Jul 3, 2003, 02:47 Hellbinder

I am completely adicted to this game.. I play it hours upon hours a week. There is just something cool about it. Its not the most complex, not the most Graphically amazing, not the most deep.. etc.. But.. it just has this something.

Persoanlly I think its the fact that you are playing an online RPG and get to use your mad Quake Skillz insteat of the RPG you hit, i hit crap. It does have a really great skills system with about a TON of different things you can do to make cash.. Smithing, mining.. Engineering.. hunting.. etc.. You can also tame animals to Ride around on, Shape change into animals.. or what i persoanlly did.. Completed a loooooong Quest that Got me a Hover Bike. Which i now cruise around all over the place on.

The game world is very nice looking,, about like Unreal 1 level graphics except with HUGE outdoor Forests and such. Ful 24 hour day night transitions complete with multicolored Sunsets.

The models are *ok* not great. But the game does have an overall atmosphere and feel that will get many people attached to it.

Pentium 4 2.4B 533 FSB
I850EMD2
512mb 40ns Rdram
Radeon 9700pro 330/330
Win Xp
This comment was edited on Jul 3, 02:49.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Battlefield Vietnam Announced
39. No subject Jun 18, 2003, 20:58 Hellbinder

These comments about Battlefields Graphics being bad are freaking BS. Where you do people come from anyway?? Not planet earth apparently.

BattleFields Graphics are very nice. The Trees and landscapes are nice, the water looks nice the vehicles look reallly nice. The City Buildings look great. You guys must be playing on TnT2's or something... Becase the game looks DAMN NICE on my 9700pro.

No common sense.... thats the problem.

You cant have that HUGE of maps with that many vehicls and players and make it look like Doom-III. I amean come on... Get a freaking grip. It looks great and plays well.

Further they Stated they are updating the graphis engine and we STILL have bloddy Rocket Scientists making stupid comments about how it will suck if they dont update teh engine...

/Goes to beat head repeatedly into wall

Pentium 4 2.4B 533 FSB
I850EMD2
512mb 40ns Rdram
Radeon 9700pro 330/330
Win Xp

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > No Xbox Half-Life 2?
47. Re: No subject Jun 9, 2003, 14:26 Hellbinder

I didn't know anybody was looking forward to Half-Life 2 anyway. It wouldn't be able to compete against Halo 2. That's probably why they aren't putting it on X-Box

You guys are way overestemating the Power Of Halo 2. Trust me, HL2 immidiately and completely overshadows Halo 2. 99% of all Xbox users know that. Look at the demographic of Xbox. Its not the little know nothing kids. HL2 is obviously a superior Game, with superior graphics and a huge following.

Pentium 4 2.4B 533 FSB
I850EMD2
512mb 40ns Rdram
Radeon 9700pro 330/330
Win Xp

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Duke Nukem Whenever
80. No subject May 30, 2003, 02:21 Hellbinder

Heh. People keep dragging up the fact that Half-Life was ditched and restarted. Well, how about 3DR not being able to get Prey out of the door, or that DNF has been restarted on at least two seperate occassions. That's one year and one restart against how many?
Uh, when was Halflife ever canned and restarted???

People are pulling **** out of their ***.

Pentium 4 2.4B 533 FSB
I850EMD2
512mb 40ns Rdram
Radeon 9700pro 330/330
Win Xp

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Duke Nukem Whenever
75. Re: Seriously... May 30, 2003, 00:42 Hellbinder

Valve made the mistakes that 3D Realms apparently have made so naturally they learned from them and have ALOT better producion values and paradigms.

A wise man learns from his mistakes but a wiser man learns from other peoples mistakes and 3D Realms apparently did learn a damn thing from Valve. Ego at work.

Um, Kindlly point out where, i mean ANYWHERE that Valve has made any mistakes?? Cause I sure as hell dont see any. They have sold over 3 million Copies of half-life, Oposing force, Counter Strike and now Day of Defeat. Thats not even counting the close to 1 million copies of console versions of Half life. They at the same time COMPLETELY dominate all online Gaming outside of MMORPGs. This weekend alone I saw that Gamespy listed 126,000 Players in Half-life on a saturday afternoon. The number just keeps Growing. They have Steam, they have free versions of the game through Fileshack. They offer Death match classic. They have Built in communications and even the ability to Multicast clan matches so everyone can watch.

Now they are about to upgrade the whole Thing with yet ANOTHER Ground breaking Single player game and all the addons and multiplayer action that will follow.

Again.. What Mistakes are you possibly talking about?

Pentium 4 2.4B 533 FSB
I850EMD2
512mb 40ns Rdram
Radeon 9700pro 330/330
Win Xp

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Carmack on Drivers
34. No subject May 28, 2003, 01:42 Hellbinder

As to the question of fairness, is it fair for ATI to use one-and-only-one mode that is faster but uglier than nVidia's best visual mode? I don't think ATI was trying to specifically beat nVidia this way, but now that we're here and there's no true apples-to-apples comparison possible, why should nVidia use their slowest (yet prettiest) mode in benchmarks where visual quality takes a backdoor to raw speed? Now that I know what this is about, I say this is not a big deal, nVidia is 100% correct, ATI is neither wrong nor right, and benchmarks are useless unless you can disable the shading crap entirely and still get a useful score.

Becuase Frankly they should have designed the thing with FP32 all the way, or FP16 all the way. But to Advertise the card as some Killer 128bit percision monster machine is wrong. The other issue you are not seeing is that they also Force FX12 (fixed Function). Yet all their PR and Sales info claims they are 32bit(128bit percision) and it makes them the Cats meow. The TRuth is they poorly designed teh card and it cant handle full precision.

Lest everyone forget FP24 is the MINIMUM allowed for DX9 compliency. Not meaning in the card somewhere, but The Standard used. in other words Nvidia is not DX9 Complient 99% of the time as of today.

Pentium 4 2.4B 533 FSB
I850EMD2
512mb 40ns Rdram
Radeon 9700pro 330/330
Win Xp

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Carmack on Drivers
13. No subject May 27, 2003, 19:50 Hellbinder

Hump: It means ATI and Nvidia do shit differently in their cards basically. Who'd a thunk it. I wish JC would just come out and tell people to stop relying on this shit benchmark.
the real issue here is he is explaining away the fact that he allows and specifically codes for Nvidia to be allowed to Run at 12 and 16 bit percision im Doom-III. whicle Claiming at the same time there is no Visual difference. ATi is running their stuff at FP24 all the time. Nvidia is advertizing and PRing their asses off about their 32bit Percision and how superior it is. Yet they are Forcing everything in the Driver to use 16 or 12.

Thats Why Nvidia looks faster in Doom-III benchmarks. Now do you really think thats fair? Now do you understand why this is a big deal?

Pentium 4 2.4B 533 FSB
I850EMD2
512mb 40ns Rdram
Radeon 9700pro 330/330
Win Xp

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > More NVIDIA vs. Futuremark
29. Re: Jebus May 23, 2003, 23:00 Hellbinder

It seems that most people still do not know the truth about the Quak issue.

yes Ati was using application detection in Quake, but the *optimization* had been in no less than 7 previeous driver prior to the release of the 8500. The problem was that the exsisting optimization caused an issue on the 8500 wich ATi's QA did not apparently notice. However Nvidia Knew about it and provided the info to [H] for exposure as a *cheat*. Which everyone still repeats to this day. Is application Detection bad?? Only if it intentionally affects the game in an improper way, or intentionally changes the Dynamics of what the application is trying to do. Technically, this is a similar issue to the 3dmark Nvidia scandal. However the difference being. The application detection was present in the driver for a long time, and never affected the game adversly. The Issue was addressed inside of 3 weeks with no performance loss. Later the Quake scores have increased steadily over time.

What is even worse, When [H] posted their Radeon Vs GF2 article a year before it was apparent that Nvidia had reduced texture Quality in the ENTIRE GAME to boost performance. But No one called it a cheat. ATi's mistake only affected 5 textures in the entire game. But becuase Kyle is best friends with Brian Burke at Nvidia they have a history of Being Nvidia little dirty work boys while glossing over any inconsistancy with Nvidia.

Look at the facts

http://www.geocities.com/radtruth/p1.htm

Kyles Joy

http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTEx

The Irony-The quake Reference is in this driver

http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTEzLDM=

Quack looks good compared to this mess

http://www.3dvelocity.com/reviews/gffx5800u/gffx_5.htm

All the rest of the Quake Cheat articles like the one referenced below were simply springboards off [H]'s origional article.

Pentium 4 2.4B 533 FSB
I850EMD2
512mb 40ns Rdram
Radeon 9700pro 330/330
Win Xp

This comment was edited on May 23, 23:06.

The Whales name is Bob.

23. Re: No subject May 23, 2003, 22:14 Hellbinder

or is it ati that is desperate? they pay 100's of thousands of dollars to help develop a program from futuremark which rate's futuremark's investors' products.

Nvidia was a member of the Beta Program until the End of December. The Program was released in February. They were present for 13 of the 16 month development of 3dmark03.

Pentium 4 2.4B 533 FSB
I850EMD2
512mb 40ns Rdram
Radeon 9700pro 330/330
Win Xp

The Whales name is Bob.

22. No subject May 23, 2003, 22:06 Hellbinder

I heard a rumor from a co-worker that apparantly nvidia and ati used to have the same chip makers some part of there cards. What apparantly happened during the fx series is that ATI paid off the factory to screw up nvidias performance on that part of the hardware.

Some what far fetched sounding, but, I dunno, seems possible to. I have no idea wether its true or not, but thought I would throw the rumor into the mix of all this "cheating" stuff heh.

That is absolutly unnacceptable Spreading of outright lies. Now you are spreading major false as in completely MADE UP information. I work for ATi and this is complete Slander/Liable. You had better back the truck up on spreading crap like this.

Nvidias Problems completely lie within their own Design issues and nothing else. Both Companies Used TSMC for their Fab, and Nvidia has one HELL of a lot more money and Influence than WE do.

Pentium 4 2.4B 533 FSB
I850EMD2
512mb 40ns Rdram
Radeon 9700pro 330/330
Win Xp

This comment was edited on May 23, 22:10.

The Whales name is Bob.

528 Comments. 27 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo