Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Dillon Storm

Real Name Dillon Storm   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Hellbinder
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.Area3d.net
Signed On Jan 14, 2002, 15:27
Total Comments 528 (Apprentice)
User ID 12221

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: No subject Nov 9, 2003, 20:51 Hellbinder

I know.. it was a mistake I made when I edited the message and I already fixed it.

So who dont you *ADD* yourself to the list of Smart Asses in the world.

Pentium 4 3.12ghz 800 FSB HT
Abit IC7-G MAXX2
1G Corsair DDR-400
40GB Raptor 10,000RPM SATA
120GB 7,000RPM SATA
Radeon 9800XT 425/382 (CAT3.8/DX9) 3Dmark03 7074

This comment was edited on Nov 9, 20:54.

The Whales name is Bob.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. No subject Nov 9, 2003, 20:40 Hellbinder

This site is just not the same.. It is really sad. I am hardly motivated to even come here anymore.

without the cool Blues logos at the top changing all the time.. With different feels and looks depending on the season.. Fran, looney etc...

This is just not the same place at all. Going the AD route was not the right answer at all. It would be FAR better to have all the familiar coolness and origionality with a pay service or something like that than this..

Pentium 4 2.4B 533 FSB
I850EMD2
512mb 40ns Rdram
Radeon 9700pro 330/330
Win Xp

This comment was edited on Nov 9, 20:49.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Universal Combat Demo Update
52. Re: Derek Smart Oct 29, 2003, 18:44 Hellbinder

Let me get this straight #51...

Its ok for you little asses to post one assinine immature attack and insult after the next like a pack of wild dogs.. But if "Wildcard" makes a post in defense you classify it as having an "insulting tone" with "obtuse logic".

You and your little trollish friends need to get a grip and look in the mirror. If you people had not started posting immature, silly, insulting Rhetoric whoever "wildcard" is would not have needed to respond. What you bunch of blind Jackasses have is a case of extreme Cirular Logic.

If you can even call it logic...

Pentium 4 2.4B 533 FSB
I850EMD2
512mb 40ns Rdram
Radeon 9700pro 330/330
Win Xp
This comment was edited on Oct 29, 18:46.

The Whales name is Bob.

39. Re: No subject Oct 20, 2003, 01:22 Hellbinder

I really dont understand why some of you people have this RIDICULOUS Grudge about something that happened several YEARS ago. Its silly.

You also know the Truth and the reason Why Smart Freaked out the way he did. He Got screwed by Take Two and had to Fight an uphill battle for the next couple yrears to regain control of his own game. Did he Go overboard? sure.. Is he an egotistical ass on occasion? Sure.. But that has Zippo to do with what he is offering the game community today.

I Bought BCM and it plays and runs just fine. The Graphics were clearly a little sub-par but what the game allows you to do is FAR beyond anyone elses game. It is seriously deserving of Respect as a pure open ended space Sim. This latest game looks even better with Naval combat an all kinds of cool stuff. Much better Graphics as well.

Its Time for some of you childish idiots to get over the fact that the Guy is an Egotist and realize that even though the game is not perfect its the Only one of its kind.

Pentium 4 2.4B 533 FSB
I850EMD2
512mb 40ns Rdram
Radeon 9700pro 330/330
Win Xp

This comment was edited on Oct 20, 01:25.

The Whales name is Bob.

3. Re: No subject Oct 18, 2003, 15:39 Hellbinder

It looks like this may actually be a complete product. For the scope of the game the graphics look great. Im for sure picking it up.

Pentium 4 2.4B 533 FSB
I850EMD2
512mb 40ns Rdram
Radeon 9700pro 330/330
Win Xp
This comment was edited on Oct 18, 15:40.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > New ATI CATALYST Drivers
29. Re: Wait... Oct 8, 2003, 23:41 Hellbinder

Gee Nin.. I guess you should ahve READ THE ARTICLE FOR YOURSELF. Instead of making some judgement based on what a couple of yahoos in this thread said. Here is Firingaquads Conclusion

of detail on who should and who should not download this CATALYST driver. We lump the RADEON 8500 and RADEON 9000/9100/9200 owners together under &#8220;DirectX 8 owners&#8221; and the RADEON 9500/9600/9700/9800 owners under &#8220;DirectX 9 owners&#8221;. Today however, we&#8217;re not going to do that, as everyone benefits from today&#8217;s CATALYST 3.8 driver release. That&#8217;s right, every ATI owner, from the guy who went out and bought his RADEON 7500 two years ago, to the hardcore gamer who just pre-ordered his RADEON 9800 XT last week. You&#8217;re all in this together.

Sure, you won&#8217;t see the performance increases you&#8217;ve received in the past from previous CATALYST updates, but this driver just adds too many features to pass up. VPU Recover kicks in if the graphics card fails to respond to display driver commands, potentially saving your data and/or preventing you from those annoying system reboots -- those of you with bootup times of 60 seconds or more will really appreciate this feature.

The new 3D tab is also a very welcome addition. It integrates the functionality of the OpenGL and Direct3D tabs under one location, making control panel navigation easier, seamless would actually be a better way to describe it. The new user profiles feature is long overdue and will definitely be appreciated by the gamer who plays a wide variety of games, while the SMARTSHADER Effects addition is a nice toy to play with.

The uninstaller is something end user&#8217;s who upgrade their display driver often have really been asking for, while OVERDRIVE is nice for the person who&#8217;s always wanted to dabble in overclocking, but was just too afraid to try. Even IL-2 Sturmovik: Forgotten Battles owners may want to give this driver a test run, if only to see where ATI is heading.

ATI definitely lived up to its promise with CATALYST 3.8. In fact, we&#8217;re surprised ATI didn&#8217;t just skip a few steps and call this driver CATALYST 4.0! Kinda makes you wonder what they have in store for that release huh? We&#8217;re going to borrow a line from the movie biz and say this: if you only have one CATALYST driver to download this year, make sure CATALYST 3.8 is the one! This is certainly our favorite CATALYST release we&#8217;ve seen this year.

Obviously THEY are impressed with the release.

Also this BS people are posting about "I thought ATi didnt have problems with games anymore". WTF kind of Retarded **** is that anyway?? NO DRIVERS ARE PERFECT. Read any Nvidia Reviews lately?? The Whole FX serious is Seriously F'ed up and the Drivers Suck ass. We are talking MULTIPLE GAMES. Not just a little texture tearing issue in one game. Further Nvidia's FX series relies on an endless stream of Sacrificing IQ for Speed and outright Cheating.

Yet we still have to put up with BS Biased Coments like appear in this thread. Its Fing RIDICULIUS

Pentium 4 2.4B 533 FSB
I850EMD2
512mb 40ns Rdram
Radeon 9700pro 330/330
Win Xp

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Source Code Leak
38. No subject Oct 2, 2003, 18:30 Hellbinder

20$ says Nvidia or someone/ones working there are behind or involved in this somehow.

Pentium 4 2.4B 533 FSB
I850EMD2
512mb 40ns Rdram
Radeon 9700pro 330/330
Win Xp

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > DOOM 3 & DX9
100. No subject Sep 18, 2003, 17:05 Hellbinder

Also, don't forget that the top ATI cards also have a specific optimized path in Doom3
No they Don't.

The 8500 has a R200 path and thats it.

ATi is forced to run the Default ARB2 code path that was origionally intended for all DX9 classed cards to use. Its the same path that Volari (XGI) and DeltaChrome will use.

Nvidia is the only company with such an extensive specially made rendering path.

Pentium 4 2.4B 533 FSB
I850EMD2
512mb 40ns Rdram
Radeon 9700pro 330/330
Win Xp

The Whales name is Bob.

57. Re: ADOLESCENT CONSOLES Sep 17, 2003, 22:52 Hellbinder

I've been following this whole saga closely because i own a FX5900,and yes as Gabe said,i am pissed off. Not because ATI has better FPS,Nvidia is a cold faced cheater or any of that fanboy shit but because the bottom line is that spent my hard earned money on a card that became obsolete before it can even do what it was meant to do.
Guess what. Earth to man with 5900.

Ati does have better FPS and Nvidia damn well is a *Cold Face Cheater*. None of which has anything to do with *Fanboy shit*.

Pentium 4 2.4B 533 FSB
I850EMD2
512mb 40ns Rdram
Radeon 9700pro 330/330
Win Xp

The Whales name is Bob.

56. Re: No subject Sep 17, 2003, 22:48 Hellbinder

nVidia can do FP16, and FP32. ATi can only do FP24, the minimum spec for DX9. Sure, you can praise nVidia for trying to raise the bar in doing FP32. But then you have to wonder why they put in FP16. Especially since they write their drivers to operate in FP16 and not FP32.
I got news for you gents. Nvidia will lose to ATi with FP16 as well. They do not get a significant speed advantage by Droping to FP16.

Nvidia gets a speed advantage by rewriting entire prtions of Dx9 or high Percision OpenGL tp PS1.4/FX12. Carmack is Droping 90% of Nvidias code to FX12 or Dx8 level code.

Pentium 4 2.4B 533 FSB
I850EMD2
512mb 40ns Rdram
Radeon 9700pro 330/330
Win Xp

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Halo PC Gold
68. Re: I liked it... Sep 15, 2003, 20:41 Hellbinder

HL2 is FAr From Delayed.. Perhaps you should see this??

www.ati.com

Yes this means that HL2 will be Pak-in wiht the 9800XT. Which is getting Introduced next monday or Tuesday.

Pentium 4 2.4B 533 FSB
I850EMD2
512mb 40ns Rdram
Radeon 9700pro 330/330
Win Xp

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > New Counter-Strike
77. No subject Sep 14, 2003, 03:40 Hellbinder

WTF can they just release the HL and CS patches seperately. Some of us just don't want to use Steam. The fact that it's a POS only reinforces that.
I Just cant understand WTF is Wrong with all you people. 200,000 new accounts means 200,000 (At least) People Dopwnloading and Installing Steam at around teh same time. So yeha.. its a REAL POS.. Alowing 200,000 Simultainious downloads really really sux. What poor coding..

Yes that was Sarcasm.

I simply cant believe how Immature (And apparenlty STUPID) you people all are. Its pathetic. Its the initial launch of a new system, trying something totally new. It is getting a HUGE mass of poeople trying to use it at the same time. So its going to take a little while to ket a few Kinks worked out. Yet here you People are Posting one Idiotic Trash post after the Next.

Why dont you people Try Getting a Clue about whats causing these rather insignificant issues, and Have a little Patience.

Pentium 4 2.4B 533 FSB
I850EMD2
512mb 40ns Rdram
Radeon 9700pro 330/330
Win Xp

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > New Counter-Strike
76. No subject Sep 14, 2003, 03:27 Hellbinder

I agree with everything you said, Unlisted Number. There's only one problem: people have short memories.

Valve will fix Steam in a few weeks time so the crashes are a thing of the past, and with the reduced server load that will come a few weeks after launch, Steam will end up being much more reliable than it is now. At that point, many of the people complaining about it now will slink away. People will use it, and slowly forget that Valve forced this pile of crap on us. They'll live with a less efficient means of distribution, nagging Steam bugs, downtime, and everything else you can expect from a company whose sole in-house product is the complete failure known as VAC.

Just as people have forgotten how Valve screwed them when they killed CSGuard/HLGuard, allowing cheaters to run rampant, just as they don't seem to care that Valve has given everyone who has ever been banned from a HL server a Get Out Of Jail Free card, they will also forget that Valve forced Steam upon them by using CS and every other HL mod as blackmail.

At that point, Valve will come up with some PR saying they must now use the subscription capabilities of Steam to cover the cost of operating this awesome Steam network, and gamers will be charged a (certainly negligible) monthly fee to play HL/HL2/free mods. After the fires die down from that, they'll bump the fee. Slowly the FPS community will be weaned into Everquest-style subscriptions. And don't think the FPS gamer community is any smarter than the general public; they WILL fall in line.

I don't play HL anymore anyway, so losing my three purchased copies of HL isn't a big deal to me. What I do care about is the precedent that Steam is attempting to set. I like the current architecture of online FPS games. Valve is trying to force people into a service-based model, and I won't have any part of it.
That is a Complete and Total Crock of Crap.

It never ceases to amaze me what a total Bunch of FUD some people get away with posting. What you have posted is so completey Ridiculous that You need a Good Whippin.

The Valve Service will be no different than Say Planetside or any of the other MMOG. You act like there is some Difference between Downloading a Full game and paying for it or Buying it from a store.

Plus I personally have been using Steam beta for months and it is Hardly Bug ridden. What can i Say the endless stream of idiotic FUD people like you post pisses me off.

Pentium 4 2.4B 533 FSB
I850EMD2
512mb 40ns Rdram
Radeon 9700pro 330/330
Win Xp
This comment was edited on Sep 14, 03:29.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > NVIDIA & Half-Life 2
112. No subject Sep 12, 2003, 02:37 Hellbinder

I find it Funny that Blue only posted Nvidia side of the issue. Gabe Newel Quite Frankly Says Why Det50's are nothing but cheap hacks. This is nothing but a lame ass attemt by Nvidia to Lie to people even more about whats really going on.

They new full well what Valve tought of the Det 50's and all their *optimizations*. Like Removing Fog from specific benchmark levels, Artificially enhancing screen captures (outright Fraud), Complete Shader Replacement. shader removal etc etc etc... It is really to bad that for the majority of people things like this go right over their head.

BTW Anands Article is up. See the results for yourself.

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.html?i=1863

Here is the most important Quote.
The sacrifices you encounter by running either the mixed mode path or the DX8 path are obviously visual. The 5900 Ultra, running in mixed mode, will exhibit some banding effects as a result of a loss in precision (FP16 vs. FP32) but still looks good - just not as good as the full DX9 code path. There is a noticeable difference between this mixed mode and the dx82 mode, as well as the straight DX8 path - for example, you'll notice that shader effects on the water aren't as impressive as they are in the native DX9 path.

Of course with all the *CHEATS* in the Det50s the Iq will likely suffer even more.

Pentium 4 2.4B 533 FSB
I850EMD2
512mb 40ns Rdram
Radeon 9700pro 330/330
Win Xp

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Call of Duty Demo Today - No Exclusive
6. Re: Wow! Aug 29, 2003, 02:15 Hellbinder

This is just great.. I suppose we can expect this same Bull**** now every time Fileplanet tries to do something special for their Subscribers.

Pathetic..

Pentium 4 2.4B 533 FSB
I850EMD2
512mb 40ns Rdram
Radeon 9700pro 330/330
Win Xp

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Call of Duty Demo Open Letter
354. Re: No subject Aug 29, 2003, 02:14 Hellbinder

Perhaps you dont understand what Communism is?

This is just great.. I suppose we can expect this same Bull**** now every time Fileplanet tries to do something special for their Subscribers.

Pathetic..

Pentium 4 2.4B 533 FSB
I850EMD2
512mb 40ns Rdram
Radeon 9700pro 330/330
Win Xp

The Whales name is Bob.

352. No subject Aug 29, 2003, 02:07 Hellbinder

Just wonderful...

The Whinny Cry baby Communist sites win...

Just what we needed

Pentium 4 2.4B 533 FSB
I850EMD2
512mb 40ns Rdram
Radeon 9700pro 330/330
Win Xp

The Whales name is Bob.

347. No subject Aug 29, 2003, 01:59 Hellbinder

I simply can not believe all the Total Bull**** i have read in this thread.

There is *ABSOLUTLY* *NOTHING* *WRONG* with a few exclusive demos that are released to certain sites. It is a very nice treat to have an exclusinve Demo or Beta test through a Site you Subscribe to. It shows that said site is looking out for their People. All these demos eventually get released to everyone. A couple week advantage to a small group of people is no big deal at all. This *ENTIRE* issue is based on nothing but *Blind Jealousy* of all these sites. It is unfortunate that Blue has chosen to take part in this sham.

I have a Fileplanet account amd *I* will gleefully be downloading the COD Demo just like I did all teh other cool sneek peak type things they negotiated. If these Cry baby sites dont like it then *GET SOME DEALS FOR THEMSELVES*.

AS for all teh total BULL**** about how its *bad for the industry* and *its taking the industry in a wrong direction*. Complete and total Nonense. 4-5 Exclusive early release Demos a year and people think the Sky is falling.. Get a Damn Grip.

Pentium 4 2.4B 533 FSB
I850EMD2
512mb 40ns Rdram
Radeon 9700pro 330/330
Win Xp

The Whales name is Bob.

35. No subject Aug 20, 2003, 11:37 Hellbinder

I say start the Subscription service today!! i have been comming here multiple times daily since the Early Quake days. Back then i always came here and Stomped. Which is very sadly long gone now....

This is a great, imo *the* greatest single gaming news site on the net. It should be supported by the people who come here and have come here for a long time. If this site were to vanish it would leave a *Huge* hole in the gaming community.

Sign me up today..

Pentium 4 2.4B 533 FSB
I850EMD2
512mb 40ns Rdram
Radeon 9700pro 330/330
Win Xp

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Half-Life 2/ATI Bundle?
57. No subject Aug 3, 2003, 20:36 Hellbinder

Because the ATI website was advertising the 9600 as the first DX9 card. My mistake, though, I guess
That is again totally FALSE.

There have been no such statements anywhere on the Ati website. besided wich the 9600pro came out almost a year after the 9700pro was introduced.How on earth could it be considered teh First DX9 card???

Yes i know, becuase I work with ATi.

Pentium 4 2.4B 533 FSB
I850EMD2
512mb 40ns Rdram
Radeon 9700pro 330/330
Win Xp

The Whales name is Bob.

528 Comments. 27 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo