Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Dillon Storm

Real Name Dillon Storm   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Hellbinder
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.Area3d.net
Signed On Jan 14, 2002, 15:27
Total Comments 528 (Apprentice)
User ID 12221

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Pariah Multiplayer Demo
7. Re: HOOT! (HOT) Apr 15, 2005, 13:33 Hellbinder

What in the HELL are you talking about???

Digital extremes did NOT do the First Unreal Single Player game. That was all Epic.

Pentium 4 3.12ghz 800 FSB HT
Abit IC7-G MAXX2
1G Corsair DDR-400
40GB Raptor 10,000RPM SATA
120GB 7,000RPM SATA
[b]Radeon 9800XT 425/382 (CAT3.8/DX9) [color=red]3Dmark03 7074[/color][/b]
[color=blueompare [url]http://service.futuremark.com/compar

The Whales name is Bob.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Universal Combat: A World Apart Demo
51. Re: No subject Feb 11, 2005, 21:17 Hellbinder

I'm an indie game developer, and I can say this:

Derek Smart is the devil, makes shitty games, and gets way too much egotistical satisfaction out of the fact he's a "game programmer."

He gives the industry a bad name; the people flaming him are the people that make me believe that people still have common sense

Fist of all. You are a damn liar. You are no indie developer becuase if you were you would respect Derek smart not post assinine crap like the rest of the morons in this thread.

I am so sick of all the immature little half wits that make one Ridiculous post after the next in these threads. Its stupid, its Childish and 99% of it us completely undeserved garbage. You guys just pathetic mob mentality trash. The lot of you. You would probably rape women and Children given the opportunity would'nt you. You disgust me.

Are any of you honestly (if you enven know the word) trying to say that anything Smart has posted is worse than the total Crap pile of posts in this thread and others just like it? hardly.

The Battlecruiser games and the current Universal Combat games are pretty entertaining for a space sim. its obvious that even 1/10 of you have even tried one of these games recently or gave it a fair shot. They are totally Different than any other game out there and for sure will be right up the alley for some.

Grow some "common sense" and try one out for more than 2 seconds and see for yourself. That is *if* you are a space sim type.

I have played a lot of crap games over the years. This is hardly a crap series its just eccentric.

Abit IC7-G MAXX2
1G Corsair DDR-400
120GB 7,000RPM SATA

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > EA Stuffed by NBA
12. Re: Thank the gods Dec 21, 2004, 10:55 Hellbinder

Let me tell you something..

Madden SUCKS. Madden 2005 has all inds of issues in gameplay and the graphics and annimation are just WEAK in comparrison to ESPN 2k5.

ESPN 2K5 has its own problems with way to many "Cheap" tricks that you can do to Cheat. But the Smoothness of the gameplay is far far far far superior to Madden 2005.

Why the NFL would completely screw over the public is beond me. The only reason more people are not playing ESPN is becuase they just havent tried it. I am just dumbfounded that the NFL would be so assinine as to screw over these other developers for no reason. They are just going to lose more money in the long run.

I freaking HATE madden 2005 the more i play it and it is only compounded with this licencing crap they pulled. So much for competition and creative competition.

Go NFL you freaking morons.

Abit IC7-G MAXX2
1G Corsair DDR-400
120GB 7,000RPM SATA

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Game Movies - Far Cry Tech Demo
33. No subject Dec 3, 2004, 01:24 Hellbinder

The Doom 3 engine is WAY the fuck more powerful than Half Life 2. It'll be a couple years before we see great stuff made with it, though. Here's hoping Raven pulls it off with Quake 4.
HL2 was outdated long before release. It'll be the cheap engine to get for new developers. A year from now it will look ancient. Without the excellent use of physics we'd be nitpicking the awful textures.

The most impressive engine by far is Far Cry. There's no argument. With everything maxed it looks and runs great. Doom 3 looks great maxed out but hardly runs. And HL2 looks ok and runs amazing. Far Cry is the only one to combine everything and make it work. Too bad each patch finds a new way to break it. And with a dead community you have a real sad situation.

As far as gameplay is concerned it's a toss-up between Far Cry's originality and HL2's successful refinement of what's already been done. Doom 3 didn't improve anything

Dude you are completely Clueless. The Source engine is far superior to the Doom-III engine *exept* for its specialized Stencil shadow rendering. Source can push a great deal more vertex data. It has HDR rendering capablilites as well as all the various types of 3d mapping effects etc just to touch the surface.

HL2 looks freaking amazing. What the hell is this "ok" stuff? The enviornments are intentionally sad and Grungy looking. You put Hl2's water effects alone next to any other game and its makes them look sad. In fact many people from repots that are not gamers have seen HL2 and thought it was a Photograph or Video.

You are falsly assuming that farcry looks better just becuase they are more flashy and colorful. You look at the actual details, the actual images side by side and HL2 kills it. Period end of statement.

Abit IC7-G MAXX2
1G Corsair DDR-400
120GB 7,000RPM SATA

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Deathmatch
33. Re: No subject Nov 18, 2004, 17:38 Hellbinder

I think that they did not do a DM type multiplayer is simply to get the game out before Christmas. The focus is the single player and the engine is so good that the mods that come out for it will undoubtedly dominate again for another several years.

I mean.. Can you imagine the WWII and other mods bult around this? Sheesh..

Abit IC7-G MAXX2
1G Corsair DDR-400
120GB 7,000RPM SATA

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Half-Life 2
88. Re: No subject Nov 16, 2004, 12:21 Hellbinder

Hl2 is hands down the Best game I have ever played. I can also say without the slightest hesitation that it completely Blows Doom-III away. This game is just freaking awesome.

as far as the Multiplayer.

I Think it really should have an independant multiplayer. I think that these guys will add that within a few weeks or so. They will also likely add Team Fortress Source at some point.

I can see why that would dissapoint some people. It would be fun to tromp around City17 and frag people in open or team combat.

Abit IC7-G MAXX2
1G Corsair DDR-400
120GB 7,000RPM SATA

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Site Seeing - The Elder Scrolls IV
16. No subject Oct 22, 2004, 23:19 Hellbinder

hehehe

Xbox 2 = ATI Graphics processor that is a Blend between R520 and R600.

R520 is the next big Ati release. Gives you an idea what Nvidia will be up against and what everyone has to look forward to

Abit IC7-G MAXX2
1G Corsair DDR-400
120GB 7,000RPM SATA

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Source Update
21. No subject Sep 24, 2004, 14:57 Hellbinder

Reading threads like this once again reveals just how freaking STUPID Way to many people are.

They Made DX7 enhancements wich will help *ALL* DX7 users. Not just Voodoo3. Which is a good thing not a bad thing.

Secondly.. They as do all devs have DIFFERENT PEOPLE WORKING ON DIFFERENT THINGS. Get it? I dont think so.. you freaking retards seem to think that they have one guy therewho does it all and if he is working on DX7 then "OH NOES, THE REST OF TEH GAME IS GATHERING COBWEBS"...

Good Grief...

Abit IC7-G MAXX2
1G Corsair DDR-400
120GB 7,000RPM SATA

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > TRIBES Vengeance Nears
5. Re: No subject Sep 17, 2004, 10:41 Hellbinder

Tribes V. for me was.... meh. I am UT`d out. Truthfully, I was hoping for Tribes 1, but updated.

That is just such an assinine comment. It is *completely* baseless.

ITs not even close to being like UT period end of statement and i am SICK of you a-holes posting crap like that. It is like a blend bewtween Tribes 1 and 2 and any HONEST person can see that. UT 2004 borrows heavily from the origional tribes games concepts. As do the Battlefield games. That does not make the ORIGIONAL a rip off of the rip offs. Tibes V however does not even REMOTELY FEEL LIKE UT. In any form. The Physics are completely different. The weapons and such are completely different.

This is so freaking ridiculous that i even have to post this stuff. The world is FULL of STUPID people and its sickening.

Abit IC7-G MAXX2
1G Corsair DDR-400
120GB 7,000RPM SATA
This comment was edited on Sep 17, 10:43.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Beta Plans
4. Re: Not much of a test... Sep 4, 2004, 02:19 Hellbinder

naw.. the game is a shell now of what it should have been.

a 5square KM Fully realistic area where everyone goes in and goes hunting in Groups and has Coop. Why do all these companys keep dropping coop when coop is what everyone wants?

This game is just not interesting anymore. I wonder why they ruined it.. oh well..

Abit IC7-G MAXX2
1G Corsair DDR-400
120GB 7,000RPM SATA

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > TRIBES: Vengeance - Release & Demo Soon
38. No subject Aug 29, 2004, 02:51 Hellbinder

You know it Sometimes amazes me how absolutely MORONIC some.. no *most* people are these days. Seriously Some of you people are just freaking DUMB.

First of all.. UT2004 is a TRIBES RIP OFF. Thats why TV seems *so much like UT2004 with Jet Packs*.. Its not the other way around. Its freaking scarry how many people in this thread cant grasp such a SIMPLE point.

Secondly there are several things in this game that are CLEARLY Tribes and not UT.. nor did UT2004 borrow them. Like the Equipment stations, various equipment, aspects of game play etc.. Just Becuase UT Ripped off vehicles and a few other things from tribes you guys are now going to call the TRIBES GAME the imposter??

You guys should be taken into the street and beaten.

Oh and you could not jet/ski from base to base "in a few seconds" in T2 as suggested below. On some maps it could take quite some time to get between locations.

Abit IC7-G MAXX2
1G Corsair DDR-400
120GB 7,000RPM SATA

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
32. No subject Aug 16, 2004, 01:01 Hellbinder

Tell me guys.. Who ahve seen KB2..

Was not David Carridine Just freaking AWESEOME as Bill? This is simply the best roll he has ever played and he nailed it perfectly. What an amazing character. Violent, evil.. and yet some strange sense of honor that makes no sense, yet makes you really like the guy dispite the fact he is a Murdering bastard.

What a break from The Kung-Fu style characters he usually plays. It really points out just what a truely talented Character actor he is.

The BEST performance, and the one that Flored me was the mexican Father guy. Did you guys realize thats the same actor who played the redneck Sherrif who comes to the Church in the First one? That Guy has MAD MAD skillz as an actor. Wow..

Abit IC7-G MAXX2
1G Corsair DDR-400
120GB 7,000RPM SATA
This comment was edited on Aug 16, 01:03.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Warner Bros. Buys Monolith
16. No subject Aug 12, 2004, 16:39 Hellbinder

FEAR was the first Monolith game I've looked forward to since SHOGO disappointed.
Did try NOLF a few months back, and what a laff riot that proved not to be. Overrated is putting it mildly.

I am sorry but YOU ARE AN IDIOT!!. Overrated my but. That was one of the best.. if the THE BEST FPS to come out since the origional Half Life. Tons of awesome characters, well scripted, good graphics, great level design..

Are you some kind of moron or what..

Abit IC7-G MAXX2
1G Corsair DDR-400
120GB 7,000RPM SATA
This comment was edited on Aug 12, 16:40.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Impending DOOM
53. No subject Aug 2, 2004, 12:12 Hellbinder

You are STEALING. I dotn want to hear any of your BS about how this is somehow different. Its not its STEALING.

I hope to God that the law finds a way to crack down on you guys and starts Locking you up for 90 days and sticks you with a 50,000$ fine.

It just shows you how day by day lawlessness grows more and mnore common. Where do people think this kind of thing leads to? It shows that peoples hearts are SICK and TWISTED on a pretty wide spread level.

Abit IC7-G MAXX2
1G Corsair DDR-400
120GB 7,000RPM SATA

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > DOOM 3 Benchmarks Follow-up
36. Re: why is D3 faster on 6800 cards? Jul 24, 2004, 16:45 Hellbinder

it is no surprise that D3 is faster on the nVidia platform relative to the ATI counterpart with regards the NEW generation of cards, because of the 6800's ability to render in 32x0 rather than 16x1.

i can't recall offhand how the previous generation faired against each other, but it wouldn't surprise me if the 9800 beat the 5900 by a fair margin, because nVidia cocked up the rendering method of that generation of cards.

to sum up:
nVidia wins the current round because it is providing 110% of the generational norm.
nVidia lost the previous round because it provided 90% of the generational norm.
ATI have produced solid products for both generations, but have found the fortunes decided by the competance of their competitor.
Beczause of ONE game?

ATi is faster in nearly every D3D game on the market. ATi is generally faster with AA+AF, ixbit just proved that ATi can run all the farcry "supposed" SM3 stuff and gains nearly 30% speed boost pushing them way past Nvidia again. It is Rumored (and true) that ATi is CONSIDERABLY faster in Hl2 and the new CS.

How does that make Ati the loser of anything? becuae they have a 7 FPS lag in ONE GAME?? Pulease...

Abit IC7-G MAXX2
1G Corsair DDR-400
120GB 7,000RPM SATA

The Whales name is Bob.

34. Re: Money :( Jul 24, 2004, 16:42 Hellbinder

ATI was a low budget mass-market cheapie company before NVidia was even formed. Only when NVidia ate 3dfx and had no competition did ATI see a market ripe to pluck. The last batch of ATI cards may have been faster in some games, but their drivers were very iffy depending on what OS and what games you were playing. For Linux, don't even think about it. Their driver development for Linux can be listed under MIA.

I liked 3dfx (I even had a 5500) and was mighty pissed when the Nvidia assault brought them down. However, they have some very decent drivers across multiple platforms and I can get a game without a single though as to if I will need to switch drivers just to suit it.

Unless Matrox gets on the ball, I'll still be sticking with NV cards for my machines.
You are a biased idiot with no clue.

Abit IC7-G MAXX2
1G Corsair DDR-400
120GB 7,000RPM SATA

The Whales name is Bob.

32. Re: reviews Jul 24, 2004, 16:40 Hellbinder

Are you guys freaking brain dead?

ALL the 16 pipeline cards are within about 10 FPS of each other most of the time. What is all this BS about "Crap" Drivers?

1. Nvidias cards are using reduced percision

2. Carmack retooled the ARB2 path to use Cg and folded the Nv30 path into it.

3. Nvidia cards have Ultra shadow

Considering all that And the fact that the GT *is* an Ultra with a slightly lower Clock speed that Nvidia is making NO cahs on at all... ATi is doing pretty darn good.

What difference does 7 FPS make with the rez cranked and AA+AF turned on? In a Single player game? running over 60 FPS?

I simply for the life of me cant understand what happened to nearly everyones common sense. Its gone.

Oh and Blue "in spite of their own "fudging" being questioned by Carmack during the testing"

Perhaps you can Find a QUOTE from camack suggesting "fudging"? There isnt any. Way to pull crap out of your ass buddy. Its also Quite humerous that Carmack Had tooled and CHANGED the high Quality path that Nvifia was taking a 50% hit on a year ago so that it uses all their percision hacks for speed.. Now THAT is Fudging. But i guess whith a wad of cash from id people are free to redefine whatever they want eh? Cahs makes right?

nice...

Abit IC7-G MAXX2
1G Corsair DDR-400
120GB 7,000RPM SATA

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > DOOM 3 Q&As
25. Re: Why so long? Jul 23, 2004, 00:01 Hellbinder

Unfortunately, the HardOCP benchmarks show Nvidia's 400 dollar card outperforming ATI's 500 dollar card in Doom3, so I'm not sure if them cutting prices would help all that much.

Funny thing is the GT costs as much as 500$ right now and the Ultra as much as 600+. So much for that then... There are also games where the X800pro outperforms or Equals the 6800U.. but I guess those dont count for fanboys eh??

The GT is a *slightly* Down clocked Ultra. Which Nvidia is obviously making little to no money on. Why is it a shock that the card is performing so well? The GT/PE/U are all within about 7FPS of each other its not that Big a deal.

Funny how much noise Mindless fanboys can make out of 7FPS..

Truely pathetic.

Abit IC7-G MAXX2
1G Corsair DDR-400
120GB 7,000RPM SATA

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Derek Smart and Freespace 3?
206. Re: major suckage Jul 16, 2004, 16:24 Hellbinder

Can I have that handle when you're done flying off of it?

Pathetic little twists? FYI, my few posts on this have been polite, I've mostly been conversing about the logic (or lack thereof) of such a plan, and haven't said a damn personal thing about anyone.

So how about you take your flaming ass out of here until you can learn not to toss childish overgeneralizations like a brat throwing a tamtrum.

Whatever dude...

If you are not one of the pack rats then i am not addressing you am I. What i said needs to be said. Because its freaking RIDICULOUS reading through this crap. None of these people woud be saying these kinds of things face to face. Its all becuase they have no accountability and can "get away with it". Yeah that pisses me off.

What pisses me off even more is that people like YOU will ignore all the EVIL CRAP being posted by these mindless thugs and instead attack me for rebuking them.

Now how does that make any sense? answer it DOESN'T

Abit IC7-G MAXX2
1G Corsair DDR-400
120GB 7,000RPM SATA

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Derek Smart and Freespace 3?
204. Re: major suckage Jul 16, 2004, 16:12 Hellbinder

I am still trying to figure out just what the hell is wrong with so many of you people. "smart does not know when to Quit"??? You have to be kidding me!! Why not the little Sniveling pack of Wolves that most of you are learn to Quit.

None of these assinine posts by any of you are warranted. You people are no different than any other blood thirsty mob with no common sense or self control. Its pathetic.

How is Smart at fault for all the total assinine immature crap you are all posting? any of you would respond harshly if provolked like this. In fact YOU pathetic little twits are far more offensive. becuase YOU are the ones making the assinine immature slanderous posts that insite the whole mess... Then you come out with more assinine Flame posts attacking Smart for defending himself.

So tell me.. Why the hell is it that none of you people can see the pattern here? Why the hell do you think its Smarts fault? So what if he defends himself from you slanderous wretches. More power to him.

you are all flatly LUCKY that i am not king of the earth. Because most of you would be in stocks for the remainder of your pathetic little lives. All you guys are doing is wasting other peoples air as far as i am concerned.

Abit IC7-G MAXX2
1G Corsair DDR-400
120GB 7,000RPM SATA

The Whales name is Bob.

528 Comments. 27 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo