Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Dillon Storm

Real Name Dillon Storm   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Hellbinder
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.Area3d.net
Signed On Jan 14, 2002, 15:27
Total Comments 528 (Apprentice)
User ID 12221

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
22. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 8, 2013, 01:01 Hellbinder

Paranoid Jack wrote on Oct 7, 2013, 20:18:
LMAO! Sometimes I wonder if my sense of humor is broken. Or maybe my time overseas made it a bit darker and dryer. Either way thanks to Hellbinder, Cutter, Dmitri.... Hell, thank you all.

Hellbinder, after reading your post I have to ask. Do you own a cell phone, or use a landline, use a local cable provider, or possibly have an Internet connection at your house currently? Because if you're worried the XBOne will monitor you... it will... just like all those other services do. Maybe it takes it too a whole new level. Time will tell.

big difference having a device that is always on, always connected and always watching and listening to you and everyone in your house. Even when it looks off.

If you cant see that is right up there with THX 1138 or Equilibrium then I don't know what to tell you.

as for me and my house.. not a chance! You let the NSA and whoever else can hack the system watch you scratch your balls on the couch if you want to. but don't come crying later when the shit hits the fan.

The Whales name is Bob.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 7, 2013, 11:46 Hellbinder

nin wrote on Oct 7, 2013, 10:55:
Creston wrote on Oct 7, 2013, 10:51:
Poor Microsoft. Here you have Penelo saying that the Kinect has nothing to do with advertising, and then Mehdi goes and says "Yeah dude, we're gonna rock the advertising world with Kinect!" forcing Penelo to backscrabble again and come up with bullshit yabber trying to explain that what he said and what his colleague said aren't diametrically opposed.

Here's a hint, Microsoft: Figure out what you're going to say as a company before one of those morons goes and talks to people. Since it's become readily apparent that you guys are utterly incapable of this, I will offer my services as Senior Vice President of Corporate Communications for the meagre fee of 60% of their combined salaries.

I kind of enjoy their frequent fuck ups. Very entertaining to watch.

yeah its real amusing that a company is clearly planning on invading everyone's privacy to unprecedented levels and cant get their story straight about it.

I cant believe how na´ve people are to even think about putting one of those things in their house. How would you ever have any sense of security that you were not being watched and recorded? Or that personal info about you was being sold to advertisers?

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Daikatana on Steam
10. Re: Daikatana on Steam Oct 2, 2013, 11:23 Hellbinder

I never understood why people complained about the outdoor areas of the jungle in the first level. Of course it was green and of course there were bugs, frogs, mosquitos, snakes and armed corporate goons. It was in the future in a mutated japan.

Its kind of a cross between hexen and quake and it makes no sense at all how negative the commentary is about it.

The big thing though is the multiplayer. That is some fin stuff. good weapons, pretty nice levels and really fast paced action.

you guys are such hypocrites. you complain about all the military shooters out there and then you rip to shreds one of the only games made in years that tried to do something different.

The Whales name is Bob.

16. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 30, 2013, 15:48 Hellbinder

The frame rate on console games are also fixed because of the nature of the controller / sample rate.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
14. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 25, 2013, 17:24 Hellbinder

Cutter wrote on Sep 25, 2013, 16:04:
Pigeon wrote on Sep 25, 2013, 13:57:
Cutter wrote on Sep 25, 2013, 13:49:
I've always maintained - and will continue to do so - that reproduction should be a state sanctioned event. In this regard I'm a totalitarian zealot.

Required to pass a non-sectarian morality and basic family economics exam. That'll be the day

Seriously, yes, besides having the bucks to have the kid there would be physical and mental health tests and requirements too. And I'd put an end to the religious brainwashing of children too. If need be the state would adopt forced sterilization as well.

so what you are describing is about the worst thing that could ever happen on the planet. there are whole scifi volumes written about the hellish world that would create.

and it would be a hellish world of emotionless state brainwashed zealots.

No thanks.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
13. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 25, 2013, 17:22 Hellbinder

Cutter wrote on Sep 25, 2013, 13:49:
I've always maintained - and will continue to do so - that reproduction should be a state sanctioned event. In this regard I'm a totalitarian zealot.

yeah but who says the state is right? or knows what the hell they are doing?

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > NVIDIA: "No Longer Possible" for Consoles to Better PC Graphics
62. Re: NVIDIA: Sep 25, 2013, 10:56 Hellbinder

I'm still reading reams of bullshit in this thread.

People, *No* video cards out today blow away the hardware in the PS4 or Xbox One. nor will the ones released in the next 2-3 years. Higher resolution does not = better graphics. a Radeon 6770 can display the exact same graphics scene as a GeForce 780. The only difference is the Frame rate / resolution. Consoles don't play games at super high resolutions so its a moot point.

This is why this entire comment is completely full of shit. Games on the Ps4 and probably the xbox one will look as good or better in many cases than PC games for at least the next 3 maybe 4 years. in 5-7 years is when you will really start to see a difference. This is basically the same as it has always been.

Tablet hardware is not going to make any difference either. Not for at least 4-5 more years.

This comment was edited on Sep 25, 2013, 11:02.

The Whales name is Bob.

25. Re: NVIDIA: Sep 24, 2013, 12:51 Hellbinder

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 24, 2013, 11:57:
nin wrote on Sep 24, 2013, 10:05:
So says the company who's chips aren't powering the newest consoles. Coincidence?

So says he's right. It really is maste rof obvious, but sometimes saying it puts it more in perspective. They are not going to pay for top of the line GPU's, they weren't willing to pay for a GPU this generation in their console that surpassed what is in PC's today. Hence his MOO statement.

Total bullshit. The consoles are 8 core CPUS with upper mid range GPUS that have exactly the same graphics capabilities of the most expensive cards on the market today. the only difference would be frame rates at ultra high resolutions.

In fact the consoles will have better graphics than 99.9% of PC games for the next few years at least because of the advantage of development and expertise on a closed system.

have you watched any PS4 demos lately?

This comment was edited on Sep 24, 2013, 13:15.

The Whales name is Bob.

24. Re: NVIDIA: Sep 24, 2013, 12:45 Hellbinder

wow i had no idea that nvidia was a bigger company than Microsoft and Sony. They have 1.5 billion dollars a year to spend on R&D alone.. that is amazing....

yeah that was sarcasm... look up the numbers for yourself.

One reason i have always chosen ATI over Nvidia is every time anyone opens their mouth at that company it is to tell some red faced lie. That's what they are best at lies and cheating on benchmarks.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
3. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Sep 22, 2013, 22:14 Hellbinder

i think they are actually *in* the Chinese factories.  
The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > New EA CEO
24. Re: New EA CEO Sep 18, 2013, 09:05 Hellbinder

"3. Instilling a culture of execution that will drive profitable growth."

Interpretation... "continue treating employees and game developers like shit so a few fat cats can buy another yacht".

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > KarBOOM Demos
2. Re: KarBOOM Demos Aug 29, 2013, 19:10 Hellbinder

looks fun to me.  
The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > 0x10c in Carbonite; Community Version Planned
15. Re: 0x10c in Carbonite; Community Version Planned Aug 19, 2013, 15:26 Hellbinder

Wildone wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 15:02:
Good thing bcus XRebirth and Star Citizen would rape that game.

you cant even compare these games. your post makes no sense at all.

Good thing pac-man inst out because Skyrim will rape its round ass.

yeah that makes as much sense as what you posted. every game has its own quality and its own merit based on its own brand of fun.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > SHAMBLES: Notch's One Week Shooter
12. Re: SHAMBLES: Notch's One Week Shooter Aug 18, 2013, 12:37 Hellbinder

I wish I could magically zap myself with super programming skills like notch has.. of course not only him.

it would be freaking awesome to have such a mastery of programming and game creating tools to get any idea and just make it happen within a few hours.

man if only i had taken it more seriously as a kid and really buckled down and learned.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > World Zombination Announced
16. Re: World Zombination Announced Aug 14, 2013, 20:54 Hellbinder

FINALLY!

I knew sooner or later someone would get around to making a zombie game.

I bet this ends up being really popular with gamers.. heck everyone.

The Whales name is Bob.

19. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 1, 2013, 13:41 Hellbinder

its BS. the cloud is not infinite and it is being used for many things. After all its just a bunch of networked computers.

say they sell a million copies. do they really think "the cloud" can handle processing AI for 1 million racing games let alone everything else that "the cloud" is being used for.

These people act like "the cloud" is some kind of magic carpet.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 31, 2013, 23:53 Hellbinder

yeah but they are not exactly the same and the PS4 definitely has a a much more capable GPU part. the difference is mid range VS lower top end and that does indeed make a difference.

how will they take advantage of it? im not sure but it will clearly have smoother frame rates and higher bottom line FPS for the same detail.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Buys Back Stock
28. Re: Activision Blizzard Buys Back Stock Jul 26, 2013, 15:17 Hellbinder

why does bobbly kotic have 100 million but the employees are paid for shit and then kicked to the curb.

I really hate corporate America. problem is i dont much care for liberal America either.

someone needs to come up with a whole new system of government and finance.

The Whales name is Bob.

16. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 9, 2013, 14:59 Hellbinder

jdreyer wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 14:43:
Pacific Rim Game Trailer.

2005 called and wants its graphics back.

I was all ready to flame you for being a lame graphics whore... but then I watched the trailer...

yeah.. im pretty sure 2005 is holding on line 1...

The Whales name is Bob.

23. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 8, 2013, 20:27 Hellbinder

all they had to do was give the Wii U a decent speed processor and maybe another gig of ram and it would be fine. they would get ports and game development support. The graphics part is fine.

I will never understand how they could have been so retarded and foolish as to release a console with a processor slower than some cell phones have.

The Whales name is Bob.

528 Comments. 27 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo