Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Dillon Storm

Real Name Dillon Storm   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Hellbinder
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.Area3d.net
Signed On Jan 14, 2002, 15:27
Total Comments 528 (Apprentice)
User ID 12221

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Free MMORPG Offers
11. Re: Advertiser Supported? Sep 13, 2005, 16:34 Hellbinder

The Graphics are not that outdated. They look good.

There is nothing even remotely outdated about the gameplay. Suggesting that is just total nonsense drivel.

This comment was edited on Sep 13, 16:34.

The Whales name is Bob.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Day of Defeat: Source Date
38. Re: No subject Sep 9, 2005, 20:01 Hellbinder

Btw Steam is Cool. And you are all freaking MORONS for saying otherwise.

None of your reasons for hating it make any sense at all. Your just a bunch of punk cry baby kids who cry about everything.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Day of Defeat: Source Date
37. Re: No subject Sep 9, 2005, 19:59 Hellbinder

Technically, you're paying for bandwith in that regard.

And ANYONE who pays 20 a month for fileplanet just to download demos that are free elsewhere is an absolute moron or filthy stinking rich.

Yo Moron its like 7$ a month or 9$ a month. And you get super high speed downloads and you get a lot of beta testing opportunities and early play opportunities.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > War World Demo/Trial Patch
1. No subject Sep 9, 2005, 14:16 Hellbinder

This is pretty cool for a little home grown game.  
The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Battlefield 2 Nights
4. Re: Fog Sep 7, 2005, 10:25 Hellbinder

So is this the next mod that dice will steal copy and make their next game on? like they did with vietnam and B2??  
The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Vietcong 2 MP Demo Tomorrow
25. Re: Oh yeah! Sep 6, 2005, 22:46 Hellbinder

yeah, what we need is a game that is just a black screen of nothingness that lasts about 20+ hours then the game just ends.

This comment was edited on Sep 6, 22:47.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Cyan Gutted
2. Re: que pasa? Sep 3, 2005, 14:20 Hellbinder

How the heck???

This has to be gross mismanagement. Myst games sell a ton.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Bet on Soldier SP Demo
14. Re: Screw it Sep 2, 2005, 01:59 Hellbinder

That is to funny...

I downloaded installed and played the demo without any troubble at all. No lockups no questions no interference from starforce..

You people really make me wonder sometimes.. *sigh*

The game.

Nice Graphics. Clean nice textures nice normal maps good detailed models.

Nice weapon effects. Nice damage effects especially when you set someone on fire.

Fast smooth military like speed and flow to the game.

Picking your enemies for the match is cool.

I like the engineer tech that you can call to fix your armor in the middle of the game.

Pretty Tough Ai in that they will move around buildings to get position on you.

Overall a nice clean playing game. I just dont get why this is supposed to be a "bargin bin" game. This is a solid 7 in my book.

This comment was edited on Sep 2, 02:00.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Starship Troopers Demo
46. Re: No subject Sep 1, 2005, 19:59 Hellbinder

Again nothing but crap posts on this site.

First of all the Graphics.

The graphics are fine. Turn everything on high with soft shadows. It looks good. The models, weapons and bugs look nice. The only thing that does not look great to me is the green Blood. Should have been shaded somehow a little more goeyish.

Next the game play.

Someone here said you kill 10 bugs easy then nothing happens for 5 minuets. Which is a completely ridiculous lie. Why do so many people on this site have problems with simply telling the truth? Why do you guys feel the need to invent stuff completely out of thin air to try and make your ridiculously childish points? GROW UP.

You start out with a short battle with 20+ bugs which ends quickly. Then you go on a mission to a crash site.. all the while getting attacked by bugs coming out of the ground or even attacking NPC's and killing them HL style. Then you get to the crash site and have to Fight your way out past dozens and Dozens of Bugs. Then it continues.

Does sound *anything* at all like some of the rest of these ridiculous posts? Heck no. Becuase I am giving you an accurate representation of the game and not spouting lies becuase of some immature agenda or attitude.

The weapons could use a bit more kick but its not as bad as people are saying. You can even blow the legs off the bugs with the seconday fire shotgun among other things.

It sure would be nice to not have to wade through so much crap on this site day after day just to get to a few quality posts.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > UC: A World Apart Patch, UC Gold Nears
83. Re: Let's Play A Game! Aug 30, 2005, 00:56 Hellbinder

Couple things..

Rending the entire world and universe DOES make a difference. Everythng is being generated and happening in real time. You tick people off they come after you. Races are constantly attacking each other doing crazy stuff etc and you are in the middle of it. The "feeling" you get while playing the game is much much different than you get from a single prerendred level.

And then there is this guy

Would I be far off the mark to compare Derek Smart with Uwe Boll?

They both continue to turn out crap title after crap title after crap title, which all recieve horrible reviews as they so justly deserve, and the guys don't fucking listen. The world is SCREAMING AT THEM to just stop. Fade into obscurity, and your horrible crimes against humanity will fade with you. It'll take about 50 years, but eventually we'll forget!

FADE AWAY, DAMN YOU! FOR THE GOOD OF HUMANITY. I'm not fucking joking.

What the heck are you even talking about. There is nothing crap about the game. You dont play it, you dont know, you are just some mouthy pinhead jerk with no accountability for your actions. Plus you have a POTTY MOUTH GET A BAR OF SOAP!!

The people netting 3000ad about 3 million per release obviously dont think the game is crap now do they. Nor do most people who actually give the game an honest chance.

The Whales name is Bob.

81. Re: Let's Play A Game! Aug 30, 2005, 00:44 Hellbinder

First of all dont compare air brushed up space pics with in game high altitude action shots.

Secondly Microsoft flight simulator does not have 30 plus entities fighting it out simultaniously on the air and ground with missles and energy weapons firing and high speed varying altitudes.

The Whales name is Bob.

61. Re: Space Opera Aug 29, 2005, 19:49 Hellbinder

all but maybe one review has ever given this game a fair shake. They all base their stuff off a game that is 10 years ago that was a disaster.

Play This game and see what you think about it.

There are obviously enough people out there who buy and play these games to keep the series going. A game like this is never going to be Hl2. Its to complicated, has to steep of a learning curve.

Just becuase the game is not a mass market game does not mean that it is bad or that it does not make the small group of developers working on it enough money to survive.

The Whales name is Bob.

47. Re: Space Opera Aug 29, 2005, 17:59 Hellbinder

i really hope MBHD is wrong and that Com is not secretly DS in disguise, roaming around and posting pre-pube level vitriol under a different name... hiding behind virtual legs like a frightened toddler

but for some reason it doesnt seem that far fetched

i guess anything is possible in DS world - phd's falling from the sky, evil publishers bent on world domination, and legions of adolescent masters of anilingus... too bad a successful PC game isnt on the list

I will never understand how people like you justify your actions. YOU are the one posting infantile junk. You are the one posting false information about a game. You are the one calling people who like the game names.

In short you are the problem. Yet you have the nerve to post something like this? When anyone with half a brain can see that no one is posting crap here but you.

Oh, and how do you figure that the bc series is not succesful for a small market indy game?

Its just another example how you will straight up lie your but off to further your riduculous and infantile agenda.

The Whales name is Bob.

36. Re: No subject Aug 29, 2005, 16:04 Hellbinder

I know that this kind of thing wont appeal to everyone. People who like lots of story etc just wont get into it.

Creston is an example of someone who is simply posting an honest opinion. He may nnot like the game or ever even play it. But at least he can see it for what it is.

as far as the plot.

It is completely sandbox. There is however some good backround stuff to read so you understand what is going on and why.

as far as the game.

Yesterday i landed my ship on this small starbase. I jumped out and ran round a bit and hoped a shuttle to the next city. then i used the Jump pad there to teleport back to the origional location. when i got there there were two Giant cargo ships piloting down to a landing and then talking off. It was just awesome. The AI in the game is constantly doing stuff. Good guys, bad guys, all the races all the casts etc. It was an amazing sight because everything was to scale. They were HUGE in coparrison to the base. So then i take off and head for the space station in orbit and i follow the ships all the way there. One fo them jumps to another system the other stays. Then some raiders pop in to attack and i defend the space station and ships in the area by launching fighters and going head to head with their capital ship.

The graphics not looking like Doom3 take noting at all away from the cool space opera stuff that it going on all around you constantly.

This comment was edited on Aug 29, 16:06.

The Whales name is Bob.

24. Re: hellbinder: Aug 29, 2005, 15:42 Hellbinder

"A World apart is now available though the game's automatic update function"

The only part of a Derek Smart game that actually has working online component

Another example.

Why is it ok for people to flat out *lie* when it comes to this game? Not a single detractors post yet as been anything but complete twisting the truth to outright lies.

That is not acceptable. a Lie is a Lie is a LIE. Which makes you liars.

IF you say "I dont like the game becuase its to slow for me, or i dont like how hard it is" etc etc. FINE. totally legit.

Saying the whole game uses sprites, or that it has the content of a shareware game or that the Multiplayer is not working is being flat out dishonest.

You have not looked at it, you have not played it you are simply posting biased BS to mislead people or act like a common pack mentality no better than any other mob.

The Whales name is Bob.

20. Re: No subject Aug 29, 2005, 15:35 Hellbinder

thanks for proving my point for me

You have the right to your view if you like. I guess you cant see the 3d buildings and structures in those pics.

Maybe you should get a cat scan or something.

The Whales name is Bob.

19. Re: No subject Aug 29, 2005, 15:34 Hellbinder

no, its 100% accurate... sprites ARE used, and flat textures ARE supposed to be 3D cities

it doesnt matter if its the most complex and deepest game ever made - because it APPEARS to be on par with shareware..

no one would look at UC and think of it as having "good" or even "adequate" graphics when compared to something like Doom 3, BF2, X3 Reunion, Oblivion, etc. etc. etc. etc.

the reality of DS' failure is easy to see unless you are deluding yourself - which is of course your choice... you know, have fun with it

That again is just wrong.

The game is more than addequate for a simmulation game. Doom 3 engine could *never* be used on a game like this. No ones computer on earth could run it. it would render a frame about every 5 seconds.

BF2, HL2 etc.. have small area zones that are loaded and then unloaded with ewach new map. Its not even remotely the same thing as displaying everything at the same time to scale. Considering the scope the graphics engine in pretty amazing. Again its a Simulation not an action shooter. Why is that so hard to understand.

I have already proved you wrong about the sprites for cities with a simple screenshot. Falcon 4.0 and every other simulation game uses the exact same technique. You cant render and entire city in 3D like a Quake map and expect people to have dogfights over it.

Why do you guys throw honesty and common sense out the window when this subject is brought up?

The Whales name is Bob.

14. Re: hellbinder: Aug 29, 2005, 15:12 Hellbinder

the quality of this game is on par with freeware and shareware - not commercially released retail games. thats the plain and simple truth - and one of the main reasons DS has always had trouble with publishers

it may be fun for some people - but the vast majority will take one look at the screenshots and say "no thanks"

sprites havent been used in 10 years - except in DS games... same thing with trying to pass off a texture as an actual 3D city scape... it just looks pathetic, and no one wants to play a pathetic game except terminal geek-nerds with serious baggage

Thats completely innacurate. Snd shows you just dont know what you are talking about and are just posting emply biased lies.

The graphics engine requires a DX9 classed card. It has pixel shaded water, enviormental effects buildings and ships and planets. The only "Sprites" are the nature stuff on the planet which it has to use currently becuase you can view the entire planet, no zones. The load would make it im possible. It still looks pretty good though.

You really need to look at the latest screenshots.

Anyone who plays this game can tell immidiately that this is not a shareware title. it is absurd for you to suggest it. Again it shows that you have no idea of the scope fo the game at all.

The Whales name is Bob.

13. Re: No subject Aug 29, 2005, 15:07 Hellbinder

actually Dillon Storm is one of the names i use online, like hellbinder and BaronZed. Mostly in anarchy online.  
The Whales name is Bob.

528 Comments. 27 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo