Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Dillon Storm

Real Name Dillon Storm   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Hellbinder
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.Area3d.net
Signed On Jan 14, 2002, 15:27
Total Comments 528 (Apprentice)
User ID 12221

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > New ATI CATALYST Drivers
10. Re: Sweet Nov 11, 2005, 21:46 Hellbinder

Hellbinder, do you ever cease to be completely and utterly fucking full of shit? You have no idea whether it would be a CPU limitation or not, Civ4 is played in 3D, and zooming out will obviously increase the number of objects drawn at once. It's far less likely to be CPU, because even while zoomed in the game is still computing the data for those objects, and not nearly as much changes CPU-wise when zooming out as it does graphics-wise.

Time for a Clue Dude.

Actually i try not to be but..

When you back the view up and have a lot of objects on the screen doing AI etc etc thats what causes the slowdown. It was the same case with older versions of Civ.

I would not think that the graphics in this game would cause a problem with the fill rate on a 9800.

Just my opinion though.

The Whales name is Bob.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New ATI CATALYST Drivers
6. Re: Sweet Nov 11, 2005, 18:43 Hellbinder

That would be a CPU limitation anyway.  
The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
7. No subject Nov 7, 2005, 04:24 Hellbinder

you guys are completely full of crap.

The Xbox 360 hardware is awesome. Especially the Xenon GPU. The games i have seen are equally awesome. Especially in HD.

I dont see anything that looks rushed. Several of the launch or near launch titles are simply must haves imo.

You guys are pathetic sony fanboys.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Lost Coast Released
53. Re: No subject Oct 27, 2005, 23:52 Hellbinder

I normally dont agree with many people here but..

That was *Total* BS!!!

You walk up the side of a hill, blow a gun and destroy a helocopter. Thats it the end. This should have taken about 3 weeks tops to make FROM SCRATCH.

I have no idea what the hell Valve is thinking on this one. This is just outrageous!! Its not even a full extra section of a level area or have multiple zones etc. Which something that they built up and took this long to release SHOULD have had. Plus is has a ridiculous bug in it when you quick load the dead guys are all suspended in demo mode!!! What a freaking joke!

Who cares if this crap free. Its a complete WAST of time and energy.

Valve should be ashamed of them selves. Do they even think like Gamers anymore?

This comment was edited on Oct 27, 23:53.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Earth 2160 Demo
11. Re: No subject Oct 20, 2005, 16:32 Hellbinder

So in your perverted little world the people *Stealing* other peoples hard work are good. And anyone trying to protect their hard work is "pathetic and little".

Sounds to me more like you and your ilk are the pathetic ones.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > F.E.A.R. Patch
49. Re: No subject Oct 18, 2005, 15:54 Hellbinder

Well, I installed the patch. I'm falling through the map at the get go and have no sound. I think I'm gonna try returning this and getting Quake 4.

Total B.S.

You only fall through the map when hiitng the esc key while on a ladder. it only happened occasionally. It has nothing to do with falling throught the map in normal play.

The sound is fine. There are no bugs with the sound.

You are a total liar buddy. The question is why?? You want to make a deragatory post about fear and pull Q4's Chain for some wierd reason no one will understand?

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Gold - Return to Infinite Space
16. No subject Oct 13, 2005, 13:14 Hellbinder

I fail to see the comparisons between any of the games you people are crying about and this game.

This is a "lunch break" type action strategy game. Not a full blown Space opera First person Pilot fighting game.

They are not even close to the same thing.

You guys are talking smack about this game and you donít even understand what it is, what kind of game it is, or anything else.

There are tons of different kinds of games and different people find them fun for different reasons. Odds are if any of you knuckle heads actually tried a game like this you may find it addicting and fun.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Steam 3 Cometh
70. No subject Oct 12, 2005, 18:56 Hellbinder

Steam is all purty now...

Steam 3 = happy happy joy joy.

<---- likes steam

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > King Kong Demo
57. Re: This is not a game Oct 7, 2005, 15:51 Hellbinder

Churos,

I am trying to figure out how you could know that from the 2 chapters of theis demo...

The first one is an FPS style, the second one is a 3rd person action style. Neither fit into anything the poster below described. Did you actually play it?

The kong portion is clasic platform style game play. IT has control a plenty for this style of game play. What exactly is happening by chance here?

Apparently you did not run and jump and climb and fight 3 differnet T-Rexes, or the veloceraptors??

What game are you talking about Mr.. because it aint this one.

Time for a Starbucks Dude.

This comment was edited on Oct 7, 15:54.

The Whales name is Bob.

54. No subject Oct 7, 2005, 15:40 Hellbinder

Anybody figure out what is causing the

Mouse to upper left corner= ON

Problem??

The Whales name is Bob.

38. Re: No subject Oct 7, 2005, 14:02 Hellbinder

Yeah a Huge Gorilla fighting a T-Rex.

It was very impressive and dramatic. The action and intensity is great. The grahics and atmosphere are awesome as well.

The FPS part looks good except that i cant play it.. becuase my screen wont stop spinning..

I have to say that i just cant agree at all with the negative comments posted here about this Demo. Also this s 2 of 29 parts that will be in the full game.

The Whales name is Bob.

32. Re: No subject Oct 7, 2005, 13:45 Hellbinder

I have the mouse spinning endlessly problem also..

This comment was edited on Oct 7, 13:45.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Peter Jackson & Halo Movie
20. Re: No subject Oct 4, 2005, 19:03 Hellbinder

The executive producer has final say on the Director and Casting. As well as most Production and Budget issues.  
The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Raiders of the Lost Coast
4. Re: blah Sep 22, 2005, 01:24 Hellbinder

I've been more impressed with environments/graphics on my Gamecube, with games like Metroid Prime and Resident Evil 4.

Half Life has 3 environment building objects:
Simple 3D primitives, prefabs, and terrain. The Level is blocked out with primitives and terrain, and the prefabs are added on top.

Metroid Prime blends builds all three together with point editing. There are trees growing through walls of ancient ruins, with realistic damage to the walls. The tree and the wall are interacting. It just seems more organic.... even buildings can seem more believable.

The fire and textures in Resident Evil 4 are better than in HL2. They were of lower resolution, but they looked better. and the environments are more interesting, IMO.

Half life may have some newer technology, but it just doesn't look as good.

That is about the dumbest thing i have ever read. There is *no* comparrison at all between Hl2 and those games you mentioned. hl2 is photo-realistic the other games are cartoony. Metroid prime?? Get serious buddy.

The Particle effects in HL2 are far superior to RE4. As are the textures, and Cube mapps, and Normal mapps, and other Shader effects.

I sometimes have to wonder what the hell some of you people are looking at.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Bet on Soldier MP Demo
37. Re: STARFORCE SUCKS MY DICK Sep 14, 2005, 13:15 Hellbinder

Gaming is what's known as a throughput-intensive process. This is why graphics cards are so heavily pipelined - as long as the process is complete in, say 1/100th of a second (which is an AGE in computing terms), we're all happy. It's all about how much processing we can do.

Audio (specifically, anything live or involving hard-disk recording) isn't particularly throughput-intensive, but it's very latency-sensitive. This means that anything delaying data getting from one part of the system to the other in the (loading or streaming files) -> decoder -> (n * plugins) -> mixer -> resampler -> output chain (I might have this order wrong in some situations) causes the dropouts Mr. Captain describes. I've experienced this myself on numerous occasions with such stupid crap as an IM app popping a window up - this might cause a slight hitch in a game, but it'll totally bugger live audio even if you're not working close to the limits.]

The IM app is differnet becuase it spikes CPU utilization when a progam event is triggered. Otehrwise it is using extremely minimal resources more or less in a listen mode.

Starforce would also spike CPU utilization in a similar matter when it detects a starforce enabled application. Otherwise its CPU utilization is also extremely minimal.

The Whales name is Bob.

33. Re: STARFORCE SUCKS MY DICK Sep 14, 2005, 13:09 Hellbinder

That is talking about a security loophole not a system resource issue.  
The Whales name is Bob.

30. Re: STARFORCE SUCKS MY DICK Sep 14, 2005, 13:06 Hellbinder

Before you start arguing with me consider that I am Microsoft System Engineer, and Cisco engineer.
Judging from your past posts, I very much doubt you have the base intelligence to get a high school diploma, much less any certification whatsoever. Unless you bought it from one of those lovely diploma printing services I get spammed about all the time. I knew they had customers somewhere. Idiot.

Right.. Why donít you post an example? I suppose my defense of Derek smarts game suddenly overrides everything?

I was for a year an *official* ATi Beta Tester. Since you think that I am such a Clown who knows *nothing*.

I could bore you to tears and go on...

How about the fact that though I now have my own Consulting business I did work for the Idaho state Board of education as a networking technology consultant for 6 years prior to this. Or that I worked for the Department of Defense before that.

Yes, I am having Fun with this because you guys are a bunch of freaking foul mouthed yahoo's who post mostly one crap post after the next in thread after thread here. Then you treat people who actually *do* know what the hell they are talking about with loads of disrespect because you guys live in your own little bubble universe where you think your kings.

Idiot.

This comment was edited on Sep 14, 13:08.

The Whales name is Bob.

26. Re: STARFORCE SUCKS MY DICK Sep 14, 2005, 12:57 Hellbinder

Nonsense..

It lets people reading know that i am not one of the half-wit know nothings like the last 2 posters. Like Capitan ahab there who claims that starforce service was such a hit on system resources that it affected his programs even more than the mutliple MS services, and Antivirus services and system security services etc etc etc.

I posted that becuase i knew i was going to get a reply like the last 2 but i got them anyway.

Big Suprise.

The Whales name is Bob.

19. Re: STARFORCE SUCKS MY DICK Sep 14, 2005, 12:32 Hellbinder

Its always running - always - even when you arent playing the game. It takes up system resources, and anyone who uses applications that require absolute stability and as much system headroom as you can get, starforce gets in the way. Arguably, it may even reduce performance on games themselves.

I use audio programs like Ableton Live, Steinberg Nuendo and Wavelab, and inside those programs Im usually running an assload of VST plugins. These programs/plugins work in tandem with my firewire audio interface, which is running an ASIO driver to provide my system with virtually zero latency audio processing. ASIO performance is VERY system intensive, and every single bit of system resources can and must be put to use for stability, as all background applications interfere with that. When you are playing back multiple tracks of audio, usually composed of wav files that are 100+MB in size, as well as recording NEW audio to disk at the same time - the ASIO driver is working like hell to dump data from RAM to HD CACHE to HD and then back again to CACHE, and RAM every nanosecond.

I cant afford to allow BULLSHIT like starforce to compromise my system resources. There are a couple other copy protection programs like it.. i cant think of the names right now tho.

While you may not notice degraded performance from your games or AIM sessions or other low-level apps - I definately notice every bit of diverted resources when I am using my audio apps. Also, people using graphics programs like photoshop or 3D studio, etc. etc. would probably notice it too. However, many people claim to notice their system bogged down by it even in very simple tasks... not everyone though.

The simple fact is that it IS consuming system resources. Whether you notice it or not.

That is a complete bunch of Hog wash. There are tons of services running on your computer constantly. Yet games get great FPS and basically take over 99% of system resources when they are run in Full screen mode. Programs like star force are an Infinitesimal hit on system resources and i dont beleive for a second that it has *ever* had a noticeable impact on your system.

Before you start arguing with me consider that I am Microsoft System Engineer, and Cisco engineer.

Be honest. You steal software and this gets in your way so you cry about it.

This comment was edited on Sep 14, 12:32.

The Whales name is Bob.

528 Comments. 27 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo