Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Dillon Storm

Real Name Dillon Storm   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Hellbinder
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.Area3d.net
Signed On Jan 14, 2002, 15:27
Total Comments 528 (Apprentice)
User ID 12221

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Cliff Bleszinski's PC Shooter Plans
61. Re: Cliff Bleszinski's PC Shooter Plans Dec 12, 2013, 11:55 Hellbinder

Creston wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 11:44:
Qbex . wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 08:23:
"dumbed down"? we talking full lobotomy here: physics, controls, level design all been marginalised at the cost of cutscenes and shiny graphics.
Now you've left with this :
blops
and this:
maps

That blops thing is hilarious. It's unbelievable what a terrible piece of shit Call of Duty has become.

Comparing a doom map to a CoD map is goofy. Even the first CoD game was not an open map game. It was always about an intense cinematic recreation of war with cool multiplayer.

The multiplayer is what has turned into a pile of steaming shit. Man I used to love MOH and COD multiplayer. Had some awesome sniper duels in those games. Now? It completely SUCKS. When they added all that kill streak shit they completely ruined the game. One person with some skill and luck can completely take over a game and ruin it for everyone else.

Pretty much why I only play the Battlefield Series.

The Whales name is Bob.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

57. Re: Cliff Bleszinski's PC Shooter Plans Dec 12, 2013, 11:45 Hellbinder

speaking of space game...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=js6qvQJ48c8

The Whales name is Bob.

55. Re: Cliff Bleszinski's PC Shooter Plans Dec 12, 2013, 11:38 Hellbinder

Creston wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 11:31:
Frags4Fun wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 08:15:
It will be a PC experience that will hearken back to a certain type of game that we cut our teeth on.

Could he be referring to the original Unreal? Did he even work on that one? I wouldn't mind a return to the original Unreal with modern graphics. It would most likely suck, but it's worth a shot.

Epic made that space game before they did Unreal. Forget what it was called. It was actually pretty good.

Since he's seeing Star Citizen rake in the cash, my guess is he'll do a space combat game and try to bedazzle publishers by promising he'll make it better than star citizen.

I doubt any publisher will even realize that the guy is a level designer (admittedly a very good one, he made some excellent UT levels) and probably doesn't know anything about making a space sim.

CliffyB has not been "just a level designer" for a very long time now. I don't even think he was "just a level designer" back in the early days if epic. For the last 10 years he has been the chief cook and bottle washer for Gears of War and other projects.

The guy said he wanted to make a PC FPS im pretty sure he is an expert at doing that. I would like to see a game that has the feel of the original Unreal Tournament. I still fire up that game with some bots at least 3 times a week.

The Whales name is Bob.

54. Re: Cliff Bleszinski's PC Shooter Plans Dec 12, 2013, 11:31 Hellbinder

Suppa7 wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 01:30:
>Can you give me one example of a FPS game that's been "dumbed down" ?

Halo series. Two weapon limit. Regenerating health. Limited game modes/levels compared to past PC fps games. Halo took games back a generation.

I just don't see it. a Two weapon limit is about realism not dumbing something down. no one can run around at full speed with an arsenal of huge weapons and ammo. strapped to their back.

But I like both kinds. There are other FPS games that have no 2 weapon limit and no regenerating health. I don't see where regenerating health is that much different than running over a "health kit" laying randomly in the middle of a hallway.

Its like you guys think every single FPS has to be exactly the same as this one game I played this one time back in 1997 or its "dumbed down".

The other guy mentioned rainbow six. could have a point there. I've never been a big player of the rainbow six games. I think I remember Vegas being more run and gun than strategy.

The Whales name is Bob.

19. Re: Cliff Bleszinski's PC Shooter Plans Dec 12, 2013, 00:53 Hellbinder

Highlander wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 22:10:
I think FPS games have been extremely dumbed down for 1)consoles and 2)average joe/jane gamer. I wonder if employing that 'old school' genre/style will influence any response from a new generation of gamers who don't care about what stuff was like 10-20 years ago.

Can't say I'm a CliffyB fan but I'll give him the chance to impress me and make me feel like returning to play that gametype again, because I came from that era of PC gaming where arenastyle games were new and fun. Will it be again?

Since I'm an experienced and older gamer maybe it's a good thing the games have been dumbed down, to keep par with my slowing reflexes!! Enjoy them while you can guys!

Can you give me one example of a FPS game that's been "dumbed down" ?

Seriously.. I cant think of a single way any FPS game I played has been dumbed down. because of consoles or otherwise. I would say because of consoles the storylines and details of the Single player portions have been vastly improved. On top of that there are still open world sandbox FPS's out there and many other types.

As someone who started playing FPS games rabidly in the 90's on my PC until now I just don't see it.

(I am also about 200 hours into playing BF4 on PC now and it is just as awesome as the first experience I had with BF 1942 and my Radeon 9700pro all those years ago)

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > NSA's Game Spying
140. Re: NSA's Game Spying Dec 9, 2013, 17:00 Hellbinder

oh thank you NSA and Government for protecting me from all those evil rag head terrorists hiding under every bush and keyboard. where would I ever be without you blowing the living shit out of half the middle east and faking one terrorist plot after the next in order to make sure I understand how awesome you are and how screwed I would be without you.

hugs and kisses forever and ever.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > NSA's Game Spying
112. Re: NSA's Game Spying Dec 9, 2013, 15:36 Hellbinder

Creston wrote on Dec 9, 2013, 15:27:
Frags4Fun wrote on Dec 9, 2013, 13:49:
The problem with the Twin Towers is that once it has fallen about 9 floors or so, there is no mass left to keep the momentum going downwards. It should have stopped collapsing within 9 stories or so according to the laws of physics.

I really don't want to get into this, but oh well.

Your laws of physics statement assumes that everything happened in a vacuum. It ignores several facts:

1) The jetfuel was burning so hotly that the steel corner supports of the towers eroded under the heat.
2) If 9 stories fall down onto the stories below, the support for said stories will weaken and eventually crumble.

That's why the entire tower collapsed. Its support couldn't hold it anymore. It didn't collapse because 9 stories worth of mass kept on piling down and crushing everything below it. It crashed because what was below could no longer support what was above.

Again, the idea that the government could orchestrate 9/11 is insane. Seriously, they did all that, without anyone, anywhere ever going "wait a second, we're about to kill 3000+ americans in cold blood" and squealing about it? Come on now. I'll gladly believe there are some evil bastards in government, but not to the extent that something like that can be pulled off without a trace.

yeah and Santa Claus and Jesus are real to.

Its not the "Government". At least not the "Public Government"

Wheres those pictures of that plane hitting the pentagon again? from the 70+ public and private cameras that were pointed that direction?

I could list things for 30 min like this if i wanted to take the effort.

Anyone who can look at the totality of whats happened and all the details and not see this was a False Flag is imho.. willfully blind.

Just like i was for 30 years as a Fundamentalist Christian.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Unreal Engine 4 Trailer
16. Re: Unreal Engine 4 Trailer Dec 4, 2013, 17:28 Hellbinder

I don't see anything here that the PS4 or Xbone cant run. especially at 30 FPS.

I really don't get the idea why any of you would think they could not run this. The GPU's are DX 11.1 Radeons and the CPUs are 8 core processors. Plus they both can and will use AMDs new hardware API.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Steam Breaks 7M Concurrent Users
12. Re: Steam Breaks 7M Concurrent Users Dec 2, 2013, 13:55 Hellbinder

With PS4 and Xbone PC gaming is Console gaming is PC gaming.

There already are keyboard and mouse adapters out there that work on both these systems as it is.

I guess for me it doesn't matter. I am completely over my graphics whoring days. I want my games to look like games, not real life.. I have more than my fill of that every day.

Ill continue to play BF4 on my PC and ill play the console RPGs and similar games on my Console.

Its all good.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Quoteworthy - NVIDIA: PC "Far Superior" to Next-Gen
51. Re: Quoteworthy - NVIDIA: PC Dec 1, 2013, 03:02 Hellbinder

We're Nvidia and we are but hurt that no one wanted our chips in consoles... So even though AMD has all their chips in all the big consoles AND is the same or better across all the PC price/performance ranges.. we will still release a bullshit press release.. claiming we are still special and better somehow.. which is really all we have been good at for years now.. other than cheating at benchmarks and pulling every other underhanded trick in the book we can think of.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > On Sale
75. Re: On Sale Nov 29, 2013, 15:54 Hellbinder

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 29, 2013, 15:46:
SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 29, 2013, 14:09:
Euro Truck is a really awesome game though.

Really?

I mean we start buying games like this here, everything is on the table. Farm Sim, Deer Hunter 73... list goes on and on. Blue News regulars are recommending Euro Truck Simulator?

Yes by God, shock of shocks.. PC games of all types are actually...

fun...

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > GeForce 331.93 Beta Drivers
5. Re: GeForce 331.93 Beta Drivers Nov 29, 2013, 15:14 Hellbinder

lets take a moment to contemplate this..

driver version 331.93

back in my Riva TNT 2 days i think the driver version was like 60s and 70s

There be a lot of drivers in them there hills.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $33 Million
31. Re: Star Citizen Passes $33 Million Nov 27, 2013, 17:37 Hellbinder

Cabezone wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 16:22:
I don't think this game is for you....Derek Smart made some shit ass games.

What you are asking for would take an Elder Scrolls budget...no way that ever happens without an explosion in genre popularity.

spoken like a comon run of the mill troll who never actually played one of derek smarts games.

I on the other hand have bought and played 3 of his games and they were all fun, interesting and difficult. They all have wide open universes with planetfall. you can do all kinds of cool things in his games that no other games offer. just because they dont have the best graphics doesnt mean they are not interesting, unique and fun.

Some people simply cant handle difficut simulation like games.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $26 Million
4. Re: Star Citizen Passes $26 Million Nov 4, 2013, 19:25 Hellbinder

I would say the big difference is smart pretty much does it all himself and only has a few people that assist with art assets and maybe scripting.

These guys have a much bigger and clearly more talented team (overall) working on this.

I say overall because I have always liked DS's games. He has pulled off some really cool SCifi Nerdy stuff mostly himself. Obviously his games are niche and he does not have the budget for a full cadre of AAA artists and designers.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
12. Re: Sunday Consolidation Oct 27, 2013, 18:38 Hellbinder

"" at least Forza 5 has been confirmed to be running at 1080p/60fps""

uh no its not. its impossible. its being rendered at 720p and then being upscaled to 1080p resolution for display. The very thing that this article is bringing to light.

The point is all games on the xbone will have to be rendered at 720p.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $24M; New Video
51. Re: Star Citizen Hits $24M; New Video Oct 23, 2013, 16:13 Hellbinder

Xero wrote on Oct 23, 2013, 15:59:
Are they being funded for a Hollywood Sci-fi movie or a video game? This is crazy. In the end, I bet it won't even live up to expectations. Someone has to put an end to these fund raising kick-starters when they get more than enough funds to get the job done. At this point, they are just sucking in any potential funds from the weak minded.

yeah like that mincraft thing to right?

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Dark Matter Ending Criticized, Explained
80. Re: Dark Matter Ending Criticized, Explained Oct 22, 2013, 11:36 Hellbinder

Mad Max RW wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 08:38:
Awww, did I offend some of you?

You are a cartoon character.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Dark Matter Ending Criticized, Explained
79. Re: Dark Matter Ending Criticized, Explained Oct 22, 2013, 11:32 Hellbinder

Cutter wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 00:12:
A picture is worth a thousand words

Tells you everything you need to know about the right-wing.

Don't forget you will be old to one day.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 10, 2013, 16:52 Hellbinder

Prez wrote on Oct 10, 2013, 06:19:
Beyond the nostalgia factor (and maybe there's a bit of "retro cool" involved), I can't imagine why anyone would want to use vinyl records over cd's. They were such a pain!

The atmosphere and emotion that listening to music that way creates.

The Feel.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
7. Re: Serves Microsoft right Oct 9, 2013, 22:20 Hellbinder

Beamer wrote on Oct 9, 2013, 20:10:
A good company doesn't always listen to its customers, though. Again, it drives me nuts when people say otherwise. Yeah, for some things you need to, but for other things you need to trust that your engineers know better than your customers. Customers hate change, customers hate new ideas, customers have no clue what they want, customers don't stop and think about how and why they use things.

A company that trusts its customers over its engineers ends up with The Homer car.

The problem is more that the Microsoft engineers aren't making good decisions, or whomever is making the decisions is listening to the wrong motivation.

You have modern product design completely screwed up. The engineers are not designing squat. Various sales departments and Profit / loss strategists looking at margins and several other related factors are. Engineers are then told what to code, how to code and when to stop coding.

The process you are talking about died in about 1999.

The Whales name is Bob.

528 Comments. 27 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo