Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Dillon Storm

Real Name Dillon Storm   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Hellbinder
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.Area3d.net
Signed On Jan 14, 2002, 15:27
Total Comments 528 (Apprentice)
User ID 12221

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Black Mesa Source This Month
80. Re: Black Mesa Source This Month Sep 3, 2012, 10:50 Hellbinder

it is pretty funny seeing all the vitriol being tossed back and forth over a game mod.

The Whales name is Bob.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Trailer
4. Re: MechWarrior Online Trailer Aug 27, 2012, 21:45 Hellbinder

I agree with the comments about the quality of the voice over. However.. i think the games graphics and game play look pretty nice.

Its attitudes like the one displayed below that are helping to ruin the game industry, destroy game studio independence, and drive the mega publisher funded glitter boxes of empty prettiness.

For a community funded game its turning out really nice and gets the job done.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > 38 Studios Assets & IP To Be Sold
1. Re: 38 Studios Assets & IP To Be Sold Aug 23, 2012, 20:56 Hellbinder

this one is still just crazy to me.. how the hck did kurt schilling go so wrong? he put in like 20 million and then they got another 75 million and they cant release an MMO in 5 years or whatever it was. the whole point he formed 38 was to make a freaking mmo. even a decent FTP mmo will make money these days.

i don't know why.. but this one actually makes me sad. probably because of the interviews with kurt i watched a few years ago.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Borderlands 2
5. Re: Gone Gold - Borderlands 2 Aug 19, 2012, 16:24 Hellbinder

After watching the hunger games last night... reading game description after game description like this one... its just depressing

People do nothing anymore but sit around and fill their heads and feed their emotions with as much pointless violence, bloodshed and mistreatment of others as they can fit into a 24 hour period. Oh lets not forget sex, sex, sex..

None of this can lead to anything good for the human race.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financial: WoW Subs Drop to 9.1M
39. Re: Activision Blizzard Financial: WoW Subs Drop to 9.1M Aug 3, 2012, 10:18 Hellbinder

*cough* i still pay 14.95 a month for 3... yes 3 Anarchy online accounts. and every time i cancel them for a month or two.. i always end up reactivating them. I have had at least 1 active AO account since 2001.

for me... and perhaps 20k others (id guess at this point maybe more).. there is no other digital crack.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Serious Sam 3: BFE Linux Plans
14. Re: RE: Follow up Jul 25, 2012, 10:09 Hellbinder

nin wrote on Jul 25, 2012, 10:00:
Fuckity fuck fuck fuck! It's Hellbinder!

Down, not across, dude.

Maybe its just me.. but... i cant understand what you are saying..

[url=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2yv8aT0UFc[/url]

This comment was edited on Jul 25, 2012, 10:15.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Serious Sam 3: BFE Linux Plans
12. Re: RE: Follow up Jul 25, 2012, 09:59 Hellbinder

mongrol wrote on Jul 25, 2012, 05:30:
It's funny how everyone seems to ignore Desura. They provide almost the exact same service as Steam and is a lot more developer friendly yet everyone is creaming themselves for Steam DRM crap. I guess it's the possibility of the source engine and the few games it provides.
I was an early adopter of the Mac Steam effort and it was piss poor in the beginning. Source games ran like crap.

Could it be that... Ive never even heard of desura? nor do i know anyone i game with that has ever even mentioned it? so then i Google it and go there and its basically a bunch of no ones ever heard of indie games that have never been mentioned either?

Now that ive seen it.. for you to compare Steam and desura or attack the source engine... is well.. are you on some kind of psychotropic medication?

having said that.. it looks interesting enough for me to check out as a wow gee wiz kind of thing.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Minecraft Patent Lawsuit
31. removed Jul 22, 2012, 20:59 Hellbinder

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jul 23, 2012, 09:50.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Scrolls Alpha Nears; Beta Plans Explained
9. Re: Scrolls Alpha Nears; Beta Plans Explained Jun 25, 2012, 12:09 Hellbinder

i dont know... scrolls seems pretty memorable to me. Only one of its kind. simple, easy to remember etc.

Its perfect.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
28. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jun 17, 2012, 11:01 Hellbinder

from reading it seems most of you have brain damage and have forgotten how consoles work.

When the 360 came out PC were already ahead of it, yet the graphics on the 360 were superior. when you understand why that was true you will get what a significant increase in quality those specs would bring the 720.

Those specs are not at all behind the PC's that 95% of the population have on their desks.

a console using a 6 0r 8 core - 2ghz processor, will put even a core i7 to shame because of the quality and specifics of the programing.

4GB ram is 7x more ram than the 360 and the graphics on the 360 still look great. again.. the quality and specifics of the programing.

the graphics whether a 6670 or a 6870, will be used to peak efficiency and all the specific bells and whistles the hardware has. vs the constant battle pc devs have between supporting things the "nvidia way" or the "Radeon way". Only one way here.

you are going to see some really impressive stuff for the first 5-6 years and only see the fade the last couple of years.

They probably know that 10 years is a little over optimistic.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > 38 Studios Missed Payment; Asking for Cash
2. Re: 38 Studios Missed Payment; Asking for Cash May 16, 2012, 21:38 Hellbinder

i really dont get what happened here. they were supposed to be making anew custom mmo. i mean that is what schilling was talking about what 3-4 years ago? why do all this other stuff. you can still make a decent mmo for 25 million or less. 75 million and no mmo really?

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Tribes: Ascend Passes 1M Downloads
23. Re: Tribes: Ascend Passed 1M Downloads May 16, 2012, 13:43 Hellbinder

Wildone wrote on May 16, 2012, 12:11:
This game is ugly as shit and when I played, I had a laser gun that was definitely firing at sub light speed, slower than bullets in fact it was useless. Pass.

I am like.. wow... I simply can not understand at all some of the posters here. How can you consider this game ugly? what the hell do you consider not ugly? there are variations in between games graphics but your coment is freaking RETARDED.

You are, seriously, an idiot.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > FilePlanet Heading Towards a Black Hole?
33. Re: FilePlanet Heading Towards a Black Hole? May 3, 2012, 22:15 Hellbinder

wow this truly is the apocalypse...

as i think back over the years of using fileplanet... i feel like my kidney just got ripped out.

sometimes change sucks.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Valve on Half-Life 3 Ricochet 2
11. removed Apr 23, 2012, 11:10 Hellbinder

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Apr 23, 2012, 11:55.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Valve Confirms Hardware Plans
49. Re: Valve Confirms Hardware Plans Apr 13, 2012, 16:09 Hellbinder

dont know if this has already been said, but this would seem to provide a reason for the HL3 delays and silence.

Hl3 would be an epic launch title for a valve console/box/thingy

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
10. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 5, 2012, 20:16 Hellbinder

ok beamer so really your more about "pay for debate" than pay per view ;-)  
The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > The Secret World Preorders Include Beta Access
15. Re: The Secret World Preorders Include Beta Access Apr 3, 2012, 13:39 Hellbinder

actually no your wrong it was talked about as free to play from the time it was first mentioned. if fact this was also talked about by the anarchy online dev crew over a year ago before anyone even knew the games name. they got to see the companys new super secret free to play game. and that it was going to revolutionize mmmos etc.

something clearly changed along the way. i see now that there were some articles talking about it. obviously they changed their minds and decided to charge. this game was definitely absolutely supposed to be fully free to play with a cash shop.

pretty lame.

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > The Secret World Preorders Include Beta Access
10. Re: The Secret World Preorders Include Beta Access Apr 3, 2012, 13:05 Hellbinder

um this game has been advertised ass free to play since it was first mentioned. that was one of its biggest selling points. it6 would be the greatest free to play game made. article were written about how it was going to impact the paid games..

why does one need to preorder a fully free to play game that was designed to be FULLY free to play from its inception? talk about bait and switch. (sorry typing with 2 broken fingers in splints)

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Romero on Making an Old School FPS: "I Have Plans"
34. Re: Romero on Making an Old School FPS: Mar 12, 2012, 03:33 Hellbinder

actually romero's quake was 3rd person and it was a fat bearded guy with a huge hammer. the game morphed into a FPS when they realized they couldn't make that game right with the technology they had.. or they ran out of time... or something like that.

but no really.. quake was originally designed as a 3rd person fantasy style game around a guy with a giant hammer. and when he hit the ground it made the screen/ game "quake"...

The Whales name is Bob.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Patch Plans
2. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Patch Plans Feb 26, 2012, 10:52 Hellbinder

sure its great if you want to pay someone for playing a single player console game with a glorified chat.  
The Whales name is Bob.

528 Comments. 27 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo