Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Chance

Real Name Chance   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Chance
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2001, 19:35
Total Comments 669 (Apprentice)
User ID 11969

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > New UT2004 CarBall
11. Re: No subject Jun 2, 2004, 10:08 Chance

It's one of those whine if you do, whine if you don't things...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Yeah! May 30, 2004, 13:25 Chance

Blue... sugar free candy. Diabetic section at any drug store. With any luck they'll never notice the difference

News Comments > Morning Q&As
20. Re: Demo May 26, 2004, 01:06 Chance

If you don't want to buy the game without a demo... don't. Wait until they finish the demo. Unless, of course you just can't keep your hands off it. Id is a small developer. If they were taking the time to put together a good demo before the game was released you people would be whining that they were delaying the game... Id can't win this demo do / don't "game". Damned if you do and if you don't. On the other hand the number of people who won't buy Doom III without a demo is small... Hence the decision to do the demo after the game releases.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Thief & Singles
35. Re: No subject May 26, 2004, 00:34 Chance

space captain: "find me another major game publisher distributing dating games, and I'll laugh at them too"

Aye, aye captain! Electronic Arts up for your derision. One of those innumerable Sims expansion packs was called "Hot Date" It's the one I wouldn't let my daughter buy...

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Thief & Singles
23. Re: No subject May 25, 2004, 20:51 Chance

So, space captain, no other publisher pushes out a variety of genres? It's not like Ion Storm developed "Singles"... they just have the same publisher...

News Comments > Game Reviews
16. Re: This is a real upgrade... May 25, 2004, 03:10 Chance

I would have been mildly happy if they had improved on the graphics (relative to current games) and eliminated the small levels and so on... but I'm not going to be terribly unhappy that those issues remain either. If they kept the gameplay of Thief intact that's what counts... I think this revives my hopes for the game a bit, but I'll wait to see / hear more before getting off the fence on this one.

*edit* Clarification of the unclear

This comment was edited on May 25, 03:13.

News Comments > Unreal Engine Info
22. Re: What else is new... May 15, 2004, 23:42 Chance

The next generation engine always looks better than the last. From either company. The only time they came out in close proximity that I recall was UT / QIII. As it is Doom III will be out before any Unreal 3 engine game. They trump eachother with each release.

News Comments > id's Next Game
71. Re: Why 4 years... this is why. May 15, 2004, 23:37 Chance

Kobalt, just out of curiosity... if Ids games are trash, as you seem to believe, and Valve is Godlike, or at least the best thing since sliced bread... wtf are you posting in a thread about Id games for? Why burn your time? Or is trolling your life? Well, what passes for a life...

News Comments > Site Seeing
3. Re: Dear Irrational, May 12, 2004, 01:08 Chance

Er... Beaner... I look forward to Tribes:Vengeance too, but a lot of games have noticed the outdoors lately. Big outdoor maps with vehicles are no longer the sole domain of one franchise...

News Comments > id: DOOM 3 This Summer
92. Re: There is only ONE thing of importance May 12, 2004, 01:03 Chance

June 15th according to EB. Big grain of salt there though...

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/categories/products/deptpage.asp?wherefrom=search&searchword=Doom%20III

PC ships first (6/15) X-Box in October...

News Comments > id: DOOM 3 This Summer
75. Re: Bah! May 11, 2004, 21:01 Chance

I see they have broken out their crystal balls... or at least their broken records. I'm amazed that people with these views bother to post on a thread about Id games if they're going to be that all that terrible. But I guess that's what trolls do. If I shared that opinion I wouldn't waste my time on it... comes from having a life I guess.

News Comments > AvP Game?
26. Re: No subject May 9, 2004, 23:51 Chance

The first AvP was great. Scared the h3ll out of me playing at 2 in the morning. Woke the wife up too AvP2 was fairly good. I really hope thay do a proper job on any sequel though... shame to ruin a fun franchise.

News Comments > BioWare: Dragon Age & The Witcher Revealed
18. Re: I think May 9, 2004, 13:57 Chance

Awesome Spume: "oh and on the top down view for Dragon Age... if you had a massive hit on your hands with KOTOR, which engine are you going to use for your new game?"

Hopefully first person. That's the most immersive viewpoint IMO. Current computer hardware and game engines can certainly deal with it. The isometric view always reminds me of a puppet show.

*edit* Hasn't stopped me from playing and enjoying any number of CRPGs, but it does take away from the potential immersion in the game.

This comment was edited on May 9, 13:59.

News Comments > Monolith Screenshot
33. Re: No subject May 7, 2004, 22:33 Chance

The "legs" near the locker look like cracked / chipped off plaster / paint to me. Fairly good looking screen shot IMHO. As for the game, way too early to tell people. Geez. Some of you people must judge an entire novel on the first word too...

News Comments > More on KOTOR II
19. Re: . May 6, 2004, 00:37 Chance

Creston, to quote the announcement:

"The Sith Lords will be officially unveiled at E3 2004 and will be released for the Xbox video game system from Microsoft and for the PC in February 2005."

PC version for me...

This comment was edited on May 6, 00:37.

News Comments > Alpha Black Zero Demo
35. Re: No subject May 4, 2004, 09:26 Chance

And as for issues with the demo...

Nann-E (from Khaeon):

"Hi Demoplayers,

for some reason which is not known to anyone here at Khaeon, a demo was released by the publisher of ABZ (Playlogic) which is a) too large IOHO and b) most likely is a demo which was meant for preview purposes and consists of an older build.

There are a lot of discrepancies between the actual game-build and (12+) demo-builds which were made for various purposes (trade show demos to press demos, all requiring different things changed for different audiences). To make sure none of these changes krept into the final build, we've branched development into demo and game near the end of the project.

Again, ABZ as a project was finished mid september 2003 and was succesfully tested on the range of hardware available at that time. There may be issues which were untestable more than 8 months ago.

Also, we are no longer officially involved in the product for various reasons which are part of all those changes which have ocurred in the meantime. However, we will always support the community which has helped us on so many instances."

Direct link to the dev's post below although I caught it originally in the forums at Seriously...

http://www.khaeon.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=52

News Comments > C-Z: Condition Zero Deleted Scenes
3. Re: No subject May 2, 2004, 23:28 Chance

Or Valve changed horses in mid-stream and that's why they need a little work...

News Comments > Thief Date
48. Re: Most awesomest Thief 3 fansite ever May 2, 2004, 00:30 Chance

Anachronox was a very good RPG. It came out of Ion Storm Dallas, not Ion Storm Austin. The current studio's (I.S. Austin) first game was Deus Ex IIRC. The Dallas office of Ion Storm was closed in the wake of the Daikatana debacle. Deus Ex saved the Austin office from the same fate.

News Comments > Halo Custom Edition
26. Re: As said before: May 2, 2004, 00:02 Chance

Halo was a solid shooter. The repetitive library levels brought it down a peg. It's funny they solve the net code problem (hopefully), improve it's performance (with fast shaders), bring out an sdk with tutorials etc. and people still whine. My machine ran Halo fine and I'm curious to see what the patch does for it, and what comes from the editor / sdk. Should be fun, especially if it brings more sp action. Maybe including coop...

News Comments > Starcraft Patch
6. Re: Rock on, Blizzard Apr 29, 2004, 01:18 Chance

D@mn. Give it to Blizzard, you can't get some companies to patch a game that needs it for love nor money and they're still supporting Starcraft. I'm impressed.

669 Comments. 34 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo