Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Gandhi

Real Name Gandhi   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Gandhi
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description iYou cannot make anything fool-proof. The ools are too inventiveb
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 20, 2001, 20:25
Total Comments 1266 (Pro)
User ID 11944

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Half-Life 2
453. Re: 49 more posts Nov 18, 2004, 11:01 Gandhi

A bigger goal then getting this thread to 500 would be to get all 6 "Popular Threads" to be on HL2

You cannot make anything fool-proof. The fools are too inventive

GW: Tr Gandhi (Ra), Shiva Sung (Mo), Mangal Pandey (Ne), Rana Pratap Singh (Wa), Boddhi Satwa (Ri), Bhagat Singh (De), Bahadur Shastri (Pa)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: ... Nov 18, 2004, 10:26 Gandhi

he caps-lock key isn't such a good game. That's why he only pressed it once

LOL! Good one.

As for WoW - meh, I am skipping it. Not interesteed in MMORPG treadmill, and I have a huge backlog of mostly PC and some XBOx I need to get through and finish during Christmas break (Halo 2, HL2-again, Far Cry, Mafia, Ninja Gaiden, Gothic, among others)

GW: Tr Gandhi (Ra), Shiva Sung (Mo), Mangal Pandey (Ne), Rana Pratap Singh (Wa), Boddhi Satwa (Ri), Bhagat Singh (De), Bahadur Shastri (Pa)

13. Re: Dangerous toys Nov 18, 2004, 10:13 Gandhi

You know, this is the first time that I can think of where Blue spoke positively on TWO OotB in a row. Usually he does not say anything about a game, good or bad.

But yeah, HL2 really is that good. I am taking it slow and savoring the game like Blue. Currently near the end of Chapter 3, I think. I might fire up HL-Source this weekend. I had started playing HL1 right before HL2 was released and had played through up to the start of the underground train level. Looks like I will try out HL-Source instead. Was initially planning on starting with HL-Source, playing through it and then start HL2, but couldn't resist

106. Re: Nov 18, 2004, 07:36 Gandhi

Worse, Athlons are probably the most power-hungery CPU ever.

You sure about that?

http://techreport.com/reviews/2004q4/athlon64-fx55/index.x?pg=15

News Comments > Half-Life 2 SDK Soon
17. Re: GOTY Nov 17, 2004, 20:00 Gandhi

I've also started getting pauses with "mini" sound loops once I hit the water buggy levels. Anybody else get this?

Try lowering the texture detail from high to medium, or even low. Solved the problem for me

News Comments > Half-Life 2 SDK Soon
4. Re: Full HL2 ? Nov 17, 2004, 17:44 Gandhi

word that the full Half-Life 2 is to be released

I thought I already had the full HL2? Unless they are planning the add-on or (I hope) Half Life 2 Death Match

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Halo 2 review Nov 17, 2004, 16:45 Gandhi

Thge reviewer on the Wired.com Halo 2 review is a complete dork. Without any warning, he reveals part of the singleplayer story. It would be fine if he talked generally, or spcifically only the early part of the game. What an idiot!

54. Re: Wow. Nov 17, 2004, 14:42 Gandhi

Gandhi, here's a SPOILER solution for you.

Thanks. I knew I had to jump to some spot, I just did not know where or how. I will check it out tonight

412. Re: 6 years for this! Nov 17, 2004, 13:53 Gandhi

Never had any problems with Steam here either. Best part was that I did not have to go from store to store trying to find out whether they had the game in stock or not. Just preload and wait for the clock tick down to zero hour.

This is probably the first game that I "purchased" at 5 in the morning and started playing right away

45. Re: Blah blah blah Nov 17, 2004, 13:11 Gandhi

I cannot stress how important it is for games to have large worlds with relatively realistic physics, rules of existence, and semi-logical explanations for all aspects of the game. Small levels, often just narrow corridors, with extreme scripting and "Jugs 'o milk" health sitting around everywhere just make no sense. Stop placing the character inside painted, flat-walled levels and let them interact with the world.

id-software - are you listening? Take notes on how to make a *game* and next time don't release a fancy tech demo calling it a game.

I took a chance on buying Doom 3 - it was my first id-developed game. And it will be my last. Sorry to keep bring D3 up (again, I know :)), but I am still amazed and cannot fathom where the rumored $20 million in development money for Doom 3 actually went (probably to make Carmack's rocket :D).

All you developers out there better be taking good notes on how to present a quality single-player experience to the gamer when you play through HL2.

405. Re: HL2 vs. CS: Source Nov 17, 2004, 13:03 Gandhi

One major reason HL did so well is that Valve kept adding MP value, keeping people interested long enough for mods to mature.

Agreed! And I hope what you say comes true within the next few months.

401. Re: Got the story, USians? Nov 17, 2004, 12:21 Gandhi

My only gripe is that there seems to be some stuttering during gameplay

I have a AIW 9800 as well. Bring your texture detail from high to medium. That solved it for me.

37. Re: Original Half-Life Nov 17, 2004, 12:10 Gandhi

You kill this big Googam- Son of Goom type thing and G-man gives you a choice of working for him or refusing. If you refuse, he teleports you in front of one of those tough soldier grunts, sans weapons. If you agree, he says something along the lines of "Good to have you aboard" and the credits roll.

Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! Damn you Bill for ruining it for me!

Seriously though, you did put in a minor spoiler when you talked about Half Life 2 - some of us may not have gotten as far as you have with the sequel being just released yesterday.

397. Re: What would be interesting is Nov 17, 2004, 11:47 Gandhi

The worst is knowing that almost all the people that are playing are enjoying it and raving about it.

I am at work and am currently going through HL2-withdrawal

30. Re: HL2 in Toronto Nov 17, 2004, 11:29 Gandhi

What's the advantage to buying retail? Nada.

The one disadvantage for buying retail is you have to pay tax on it. Another is if you buy the regualr version, you don't get the extras that the Silver package offers on Steam.

I would say I am about 1/6th of the way through that game, and I am already wanting to go back and play the levels I have already played through. There is just so much action going on, and usually a couple of ways to kill the enemy, that you just *have* to play through again and try the other options.

And I have yet to get the gravity gun Looking forward to picking up that sucker

390. Re: Got the story, USians? Nov 17, 2004, 10:56 Gandhi

For all you folks who are still having problems getting this game activated, I feel sorry for you because you are missing out on a great game. But at the same time, your complaints make you look like a bunch of wankers.

That is all

22. Re: HL2 Nov 17, 2004, 10:37 Gandhi

For the folks having stuttering problems, try lowering your texture detail from High to Low. Also, lower the water effects to the middle rung if the first does not solve your problem.

19. Re: Wow. Nov 17, 2004, 10:27 Gandhi

Well, I stopped playing when I got to a point where I got stuck. Will go home tonight and see if there is some other way around - usually is. I am in the room full of exploding barrels, with what looks like a sewer opening below, but the water levels too low for me to climb up in to the sewer.

Oh well. This game is cutting in to my study time, even though I promised myself I would not play until after the final exams are over. Well, there goes my already pitiful GPA.

Complaints - I still hate the long load times, but they are not as bad now as they initially seemd.

226. Re: Fooking STEAM Nov 16, 2004, 17:16 Gandhi

I felt a great disturbance in the Steam network, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

LOL! Good one

222. Re: Banging on Steam Nov 16, 2004, 17:12 Gandhi

evil, right-wing crapheads at Vivendi and Universal, as well as NEWS CORPS, and VIACOM who own them.

Vivendi and Universal are the same company - hance the name "VU Games." And VUGames parent is a competitor to Fox and Viacom. Just thought I would point that out.

1266 Comments. 64 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo