Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Gandhi

Real Name Gandhi   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Gandhi
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description iYou cannot make anything fool-proof. The ools are too inventiveb
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 20, 2001, 20:25
Total Comments 1266 (Pro)
User ID 11944

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: No subject Jan 13, 2005, 12:11 Gandhi

Did eat at the Stinking Rose

Isn't that the place with the garlic dishes? Been wanting to go there. Thanks for the recommendation.

Make sure you try out their pizzetas

You cannot make anything fool-proof. The fools are too inventive

GW: Tr Gandhi (Ra), Shiva Sung (Mo), Mangal Pandey (Ne), Rana Pratap Singh (Wa), Boddhi Satwa (Ri), Bhagat Singh (De), Bahadur Shastri (Pa)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: No subject Jan 13, 2005, 11:45 Gandhi

Glad you missed the dangerous weather.

Yeah, glad here as well. Would hate to be stranded on Highway 1. I would not want to drive that road when it is raining - way too dangerous. Left for Cali on Dec. 16 and basically enjoyed sunny weather for the next 10 days. Got in to San Fran on Christmas Eve night, did not do anything on Christmas since everythiong was closed and we did not know anyone there. And then the rain started on Dec. 26 and was still raining heavily when we left for Houston on Jan 2 - in fact our flight was delayed for an hour because of the rain. From news reports it sounds like it has just gotten worse

GW: Tr Gandhi (Ra), Shiva Sung (Mo), Mangal Pandey (Ne), Rana Pratap Singh (Wa), Boddhi Satwa (Ri), Bhagat Singh (De), Bahadur Shastri (Pa)

10. Re: No subject Jan 13, 2005, 11:30 Gandhi

Warhawk and nin :

Sorry if I did not reply earlier. Been very busy since I came back - catching up with work, preparing for classes to start next week, and of course, the wedding reception is going to be held this weekend on Sunday. Like I said, very busy.

As for the Cali trip - had a lot of fun overall. Did not like LA at all - one of the worst places I have ever been to. Absolutely loved San Diego - if I ever win the big lottery, that is where I would move. San Francisco would have been nice if the weather had cooperated - rainy, windy and in the mid 50s the whole time we were there. Fortunately we got out just in time before the mud slides and snow storms - which is also why we did not go to Yosemite. Did tour the wine country - that was nice and lucked out with sunny weather that one day. The drive from San Diego to San Francisco was done over two days on the Pacific Coast Highway 1 - I was drving and had a lot of fun - like I was on a roller coaster. My wife disagreed and was car sick.

Everything is expensive in Cali compared to Texas - I can see why all the businesses are fleeing the state. Stayed there a little over two weeks and the restuarant bill alone was close to $1500 - not including alcoholic drinks!!! Of course we ate at nice places. Did eat the the Stinking Rose and Empress of China while in San Francisco and it was very good food.

Overall, had a very nice trip. Looking back, I think we should have spent more time in San Diego then in LA or San Fran.

1. No subject Jan 13, 2005, 10:33 Gandhi

Sorry about the root canal thing, Blue.

ALso, thanks for posting about Amrish Puri's passing. Heartening to see others, not just Indians, acknowledging the loss of a great actor.

51. Re: Meh Jan 7, 2005, 15:54 Gandhi

90%
10 miles
247 seconds

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Damn! Jan 6, 2005, 16:29 Gandhi

New Viruta Fighter 4 Update.

Should that not say "Virtua" fighter ?

News Comments > Retribution Unveiled
16. Re: No subject Jan 3, 2005, 14:56 Gandhi

Ask and ye shall recieve !!!!

http://www.bushisms.com/

Hehe ... it's good to be back

11. Re: I never forget Dec 16, 2004, 12:07 Gandhi

Oh yeah. Thanks to Warhawk and others for their tips on visiting Cali. I am leaving this evening for two weeks and will not be back until next year. Two whole weeks without computer games or Blues, but two whole weeks just with my bride. Looks like one cannot have his cake and eat it too Games can always wait.

10. Re: I never forget Dec 16, 2004, 12:05 Gandhi

Anyone else think it's funny that a story about satanic sex was submitted by someone nick-named "Hump" ?

110. Re: No subject Dec 15, 2004, 17:01 Gandhi

And yes i am wierd

No .... you just need help

108. Re: No subject Dec 15, 2004, 15:29 Gandhi

Personally i'd give a shotgun blast to the kneecap. Will make it impossible for them to walk ever again and that is just about a right punishment for them.

Actually, the ourts have ruled that using a shot gun for self defense is UNreasonable use of force and you can be held liable for inflicting an intentional tort.

News Comments > DOOM Movie Petition
12. Re: Like most... Dec 15, 2004, 11:41 Gandhi

I'll probably download the divx and enjoy it, because there's no way in Hell they're getting any of my money for such tripe.

If you think it is no good in the first place, why bother spending time, effort and bandwith downloading it?

News Comments > Steam Updates
33. Re: Confession time Dec 15, 2004, 09:13 Gandhi

I noticed my load times were cut in half after installing the latest update. Good that

I am taking my time and enjoying the ride. Just got to the prison level and am about half way through.

4. Re: Loading Dec 14, 2004, 17:06 Gandhi

Oh, you mean the complaint that you spend more time loading the game than you do playing the game?

It's only bad in the early parts of the game. The level sizes are much larger in the later stages - particularly after the ariboat levels.

News Comments > On the DOOM Movie
67. Re: No subject Dec 14, 2004, 16:39 Gandhi

If you think that id stands to make a guaranteed winning off of this, you must be crazy. In all likelyhood, the movie won't break even.

Unless the contract calls for some percentage of profit as payment for licensing intellectual property, id has already made money by allowing the game to be made in to a movie. Now as to the fil studio recouping its costs - that is an entirely another matter

1. No subject Dec 14, 2004, 16:36 Gandhi

Optimization to the Steam filesystem to reduce game launch and level transition time.

Great, looks like they are wroking on the only complaint I have had of the game thus far.

News Comments > On the DOOM Movie
60. Re: No subject Dec 14, 2004, 15:54 Gandhi

Some good lines -

Hijinks ensue when he drops the shotgun to use the flashlight.

I am king of the underworld!

Thanks for the good laugh guys Looks like id did not sell as many Doom3 copies as they thought they would and now are in desperate need of cash to recoup their losses.

At least Valve has the decency to pack up and head back home when the Hollywood suits start talking about Gordon's love interest in a possible Half Life movie

64. Re: No subject Dec 13, 2004, 17:49 Gandhi

her internet provider is MSN which sounds to me like they use their own mutated version of IE.

You only use MSN/Explorer browsers when browsing MSN sites. Firefox works fine with everything else and it does not matter who your ISP is.

22. Re: Topic Change Dec 10, 2004, 10:56 Gandhi

Another topic change -

Did you see the Ong Bak trailer? Damn, that was some kick - shown about half way through the trailer. Would not want to be on the recieving end of that one.

12. Kitten Dec 10, 2004, 10:19 Gandhi

I like the name the give to the kitten - as if surviving 275 miles in the engine compartment is not proof to the contrary

1266 Comments. 64 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo