Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Gandhi

Real Name Gandhi   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Gandhi
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description iYou cannot make anything fool-proof. The ools are too inventiveb
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 20, 2001, 20:25
Total Comments 1266 (Pro)
User ID 11944

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Competitions
51. Re: Updates Jun 7, 2005, 22:39 Gandhi

Prez -

Warrior/Monks are reviled - mainly because they charge in to battles and get the rest of the party killed.

Warrior/Ranger is a good option - get them from far with a bow, and get them close with a hammer - plus you get your very own pet.

I am currently playing a Ranger/Elementalist and think I am quite good at it.

ELementalist/Mesmer seems to be popular as well, but I have not tried it.

I am personally going to try Elementalist/Necro combination - simply because I want to rain down fire and lightining and follow it up with skeltons and zombies

A Monk/Necro would be an interesing combination as well.

Hope that answers your question - basically, you can't go wrong with any combination. Strategy comes in when you select the 8 skills you want to take with you when you go in to battle

Drop me a whisper in preseering at "Shiva Firebrand" - I can help you along in the tutorial stage - which is by itself HUGE by RPG tutrial content standards if you decide to do all the quests.

Have fun.

You cannot make anything fool-proof. The fools are too inventive

GW: Tr Gandhi (Ra), Shiva Sung (Mo), Mangal Pandey (Ne), Rana Pratap Singh (Wa), Boddhi Satwa (Ri), Bhagat Singh (De), Bahadur Shastri (Pa)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

44. Re: No subject Jun 7, 2005, 09:16 Gandhi

though my home internet (as opposed to my uni house) is much slower - what's the lag like?

Game has been designed with 56k modems in mind. I have not come across any complaints of lag. Only time you might possibly see some is when you initially enter an area for the first time and the game is streaming the maps to you. But that is likely for a minute or two max, after that you are fine.

GW: Tr Gandhi (Ra), Shiva Sung (Mo), Mangal Pandey (Ne), Rana Pratap Singh (Wa), Boddhi Satwa (Ri), Bhagat Singh (De), Bahadur Shastri (Pa)

News Comments > Morning Q&As
18. Re: Lucasarts... Jun 7, 2005, 09:14 Gandhi

And even possibly Battlefield 2.

Come now - that's stretching it a bit don't you think?

42. Re: Contest Jun 7, 2005, 00:18 Gandhi

Here is another funny bit for those that have GW and play. Don't know if you have discovered this little easter egg

Either in the main menu, or after you log in (does not matter), select "menu" and then "options." Under "languages," select "Bork!Bork!Bork!" - and watch all the menu names change for a good laugh!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Computer Gaming World and D3 Jun 6, 2005, 17:46 Gandhi

CGW is reporting that the soundtrack for Diablo III has been recorded and that they are hiring to make the game

Diablo 3 has already been made and released on to the masses. They just re-named it to Guild Wars

35. Re: No subject Jun 6, 2005, 17:40 Gandhi

the only real way to ruin the game for everyone else is to try and pull 1 baddie from the pack, and instead, you pull them all!

Or bug out right in the middle of a quest.

On an unrelated note - I am now a guru

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Lohan Reduction Jun 6, 2005, 17:39 Gandhi

Brest Reduction Technician - where was this job description when I was in high school looking at careers

32. Re: No subject Jun 6, 2005, 17:04 Gandhi

No one also mentioned you won't be able to play w/ most of us until you leave the newbie zone...which is a one way trip.

I have a lvl 3 Elementalist - Shiva Firebrand - that is still pre-searing and can certainly join the newbies. Whisper me in game and I can join you as long as I am not in the middle of a quest with another group.

Done all the pre-searing quests save a couple, but I know what to do in just about all of them.

27. Re: No subject Jun 6, 2005, 16:10 Gandhi

A mature and friendly community.

I would not be too sure of that

http://www.gamespy.com/articles/621/621814p1.html

25. Re: No subject Jun 6, 2005, 15:06 Gandhi

Prez -

Go ahead and pick up the game. And use our character names we have posted here to message us in game. I am sure most of us would be happy to join you and help you out getting started in the game.

18. Re: No subject Jun 6, 2005, 13:01 Gandhi

it is right southeast of Grendich Courthouse.

Heh - that explains it. I am not even close to anywhere that area. The place I kept dying is very close to the portal that is between the Breach and leads to the Diessa lowlands. The CHarr boss you have to kill is located right near that map.

Was so frustrated that I gave up and started on the quests at the other end in the Frontier Gate

15. Re: No subject Jun 6, 2005, 12:32 Gandhi

The nutty thing is, we ran around that area and cleaned out all the charr--saw some kind of dragon, too--

Did not see a dragon in the Breach area.

12. Re: No subject Jun 6, 2005, 12:10 Gandhi

NIN's SUPER POWERED RANGER OF FLAMING DEATH can help. We burned through a mission in Fort Ranik in about 3 minutes.

Actually, I found that lvling up and doing the Piken Square missions before doing the Ft Ranik mission made it much more easier. My character is a Ranger/Elemental too - can't wait till I get Chain Lightning

11. Re: No subject Jun 6, 2005, 12:08 Gandhi

What is your ingame character name (to Hezekiah)? I will add you guys to my friends list tonight if I have time. Already finished the daughter and ashes quest.

Quest I was on was to hunt down some super powered Charr general, Grangol Fuzzbutt or something (%)). My party kept dying right when we got close to him.

What is more frustrating is that he is located right near the portal that leads to Diessa Lowlands - since we never crossed over, we were forced to start all the way from Piken Square to eliminate the death penalty. That meant traversing all that area all over, allowing the enemies to soften us up again before we got to the end of the quest and die again |X

This comment was edited on Jun 6, 12:11.

8. Re: Contest Jun 6, 2005, 12:00 Gandhi

Oh yeah, Blue ... forgot to mention. The contest is only for a Guild Wars IQ. Your headline seems to indicate that the contest requires knowledge of both Guild Wars and World of Warcraft, which it does not.

Or alternatively, suggests it requires knowledge of World of Warcraft in order to win something in Guild Wars, which either makes no sense whatsoever, or is pure flame-bait

This comment was edited on Jun 6, 12:02.

6. Re: Contest Jun 6, 2005, 11:53 Gandhi

I am at lvlv 12 myself. Tr Gandhi - Ranger/Elementalist.

Still in the post seering Ascalon area - want to finish each and every quest, including the bonus and secondary side quests

Unfortunately I have summer school - class from 6-8 pm CST, Mon through Thurs. SO have very little time to play except on the weekends.

FOrtunately this game is designed so that I can hop on and play for a little while and stil manage to have fun. Unfortunately you have no idea how long a quest takes until you finish it - even those not part of the primary mission

Edit - only 10 more posts to go before I become a "Guru" w00t! Help me get there guys - let's hijack this thread and start a general GW discussion

This comment was edited on Jun 6, 11:55.

4. Re: Contest Jun 6, 2005, 11:41 Gandhi

Shoulda whispered me - was looking for a good partner on one of the Piken Square post-seering quest in the Breach area - kept getting my butt whooped

1. Contest Jun 6, 2005, 11:19 Gandhi

You play Guild Wars, Blue? Just curious

News Comments > Morning Q&As
1. Lucas Arts quote Jun 6, 2005, 11:17 Gandhi

Ha! - may be that is why Lucas Arts decided to dump the team pushing out those adventure titles like Grim Fandango and start pumping out Star Wars games with the same tired old story.

May be what Jim Ward is talking about is that he does not want new and unique stories in games but wants the same old same old digested and regurgitated back on to the heathen masses.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
1. Apple switches to Intel Jun 4, 2005, 18:13 Gandhi

[Keanu Reeves voice]

Whoa!

[/Keanu Reeves voice]

This comment was edited on Jun 4, 18:15.

1266 Comments. 64 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo