Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for sc4r4b

Real Name sc4r4b   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname sc4r4b
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.burningsoulsforum.com
Signed On Dec 17, 2001, 20:48
Total Comments 998 (Graduate)
User ID 11928

User comment history
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

News Comments > TRIBES Vengeance Q&A
20. Re: DrEvil Jun 3, 2003, 11:26 sc4r4b

I have been looking for a friggin' source on it most of the morning. I KNOW I have read that before.

God hates you, he told me.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Yakuza Jun 3, 2003, 11:16 sc4r4b

The single player game is not a training campaign it is more like traditional single player games with a story line and missions. Tribes has a very steep learning curve, man. The single player experience will make it more accessible to new players.

**Edit I just wanted to add that the developers are focusing their efforts on both aspects of the game SP and MP.

I am pretty sure the first Tribes was based on a heavily modified Unreal engine. Remember it supported Glide. Just because a game is licensing an engine doesn't mean that it won't be innovative.

Do you even play Tribes? If so look for my on |HV| and we can duel some time.

This comment was edited on Jun 3, 11:23.

7. Re: #3 Jun 3, 2003, 00:47 sc4r4b

Yeah, I kinda agree with you, man. It seems like it is too soon but people on the net are going to be overly critical about it anyway, just look at this thread. So does it really matter how soon the start the hype?

5. Re: Yakuza Jun 3, 2003, 00:35 sc4r4b

The developers are modifying the Unreal engine for massive Tribes terrain.

I would comment on you SPvsMP criticism but Morgan has said it all.

News Comments > BF 1942 SitRep
22. Re: No subject May 31, 2003, 12:41 sc4r4b

Thanks for the history lesson.

News Comments > BF 1942 SitRep
11. Re: No subject May 31, 2003, 01:13 sc4r4b

Yeah I liked the AA guns more before the nerf but I don't think that nerfing them ruined the game. Anyway I am hoping that I will fix my audio bugs...

News Comments > PlanetSide Server Monitor
4. Re: Er... May 30, 2003, 11:16 sc4r4b

I think it is like $13 bucks a month... and you MUST have a valid credit card.

http://planetside.station.sony.com/support/accounts_billing/pricing_plans.jsp

News Comments > Duke Nukem Whenever
65. Re: Seriously... May 29, 2003, 22:41 sc4r4b

Maybe it is taking so long because they are actually making an innovative game that will redefine first person shooters as we know it?

News Comments > UT2003 Software Renderer
22. Re: No subject May 20, 2003, 17:34 sc4r4b

Sound cards, graphics cards, I wonder whats next for the gamers budget plans.

Physics card? AI card?

Hhmm...

I have thought about that as well... I would buy 'em. Although, shouldn't the CPU be able to handle the physics and AI since the graphics and audio have their own hardware?

News Comments > etc.
36. Re: May 17, 2003, 23:09 sc4r4b

Scottish Martial Arts-- Yeah, I consider skinny puppy to be part of the industrial genre. Although, Genesis P-Orridge of Throbbing Gristle coined the phrase "industrial music" so Throbbing Gristle is the only REAL industrial band... I was trying to see if wasrad knew anything about industrial music at all.
BTW I love skinny puppy. Ogre's next oHgr album 'Sunnypsysop' is due for release on July 1st and he has been appearing LIVE with Ministry. Unfortunately, he didn't play with ministry when I saw them last.

wasrad-- It's so nice to know that you have grown up. Let me know if you would like to play a little Q3A 1on1.

News Comments > etc.
33. Re: nin May 17, 2003, 01:06 sc4r4b

nin--To be honest, I have been slacking man, but yeah, I just listened to it. My first impression of it is very positive. I can really dig it. I have always liked Peter Gabriel and I think Trent's style really compliments Gabriel's music well.

News Comments > etc.
31. Re: wasrand May 17, 2003, 00:07 sc4r4b

Yeah I am not afraid to admit I dig Gravity Kills as well. I saw them live once with The Hunger and Chemlab they all put on a good show. Gravity Kills last album wasn't too bad either.

News Comments > etc.
29. Re: May 16, 2003, 22:54 sc4r4b

Scottish Martial Arts-- Throbbing Gristle... Yeah the other bands have "elements" and Ministry even claims to be industrial but they are not really true industrial like throbbing gristle or einsturzende neubauten.

wasrand-- Yeah, you should have stayed out of this thread to begin with because you had no idea what you were talking about.

News Comments > etc.
23. Re: wasrand May 16, 2003, 13:25 sc4r4b

Who is throwing insults?

To my knowledge Trent has never claimed to be "industrial." Please give me an example of REAL industrial music that you like? There are only a few bands that are true industrial. With all due respect to nin (The forum member not the band.) only one of the bands he named is Real industrial the others would probably be best considered as post-industrial.

I am not trying to change your mind wasrad. I am just trying to inform you because when you make a statement that nin is a glorified linkin park and that nin is nothing but teen angst music then you are obviously misinformed or confused.

News Comments > etc.
19. Re: No subject May 16, 2003, 09:24 sc4r4b

wasrad--Some people would say that you should grow out of playing video games, that they are for kiddies. Yet, here you are...

In my experience those fans who grew out of nine inch nails are the ones who liked them so they could seem "cool" and "fit in."

JFYI Danny Lohner has worked on a version of eminem's "The Way I am." Dr Dre also worked on the nin track "even deeper." I guess they don't share your opinion on nin being overrated.

News Comments > etc.
17. Re: No subject May 16, 2003, 00:05 sc4r4b

wasrad-- There is more to nine inch nails than teen angst.

News Comments > etc.
10. Re: awww...~.~ May 15, 2003, 17:20 sc4r4b

stfu you suck bitch! j/k

You are entitled to your opinion about the fragile, man. Even if I completely disagree with it

News Comments > TRIBES: Vengeance Log
6. Re: Morgan19 May 13, 2003, 18:37 sc4r4b

Don't you know who Nefilim is?

News Comments > PlanetSide on May 20
31. Re: PS May 5, 2003, 22:05 sc4r4b

Heh heh, just like planetside.

News Comments > PlanetSide on May 20
28. Re: PS May 5, 2003, 21:57 sc4r4b

broken-- Not everyone is bashing Planetside, there are a few people in this thread who really like the game. Although, I know how you feel... I liked Freelancer.

998 Comments. 50 pages. Viewing page 44.
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo