Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for sc4r4b

Real Name sc4r4b   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname sc4r4b
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.burningsoulsforum.com
Signed On Dec 17, 2001, 20:48
Total Comments 998 (Graduate)
User ID 11928

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > NVIDIA Far Cry 2 Beta Drivers
11. Re: NVIDIA Far Cry 2 Beta Drivers Oct 24, 2008, 14:30 sc4r4b

Yeah, I don't wanna seem too negative because I do really like the single player portion a lot. I have not had any issues with the enemy AI thus far... to me the AI is like everyother shooter that's come out recently. The side missions and main missions are cool and it really is an open unlike the Crysis psudo-sandbox.

The game pacing is fine and the weapons are decent. I think once I get a better gun the enemies will drop faster.

Also, I believe the engine is outstanding - it looks great AND runs very well. Even on my workstation equipped with a low end quadro on medium settings the game looks good but at home with everything turned up it has a smooth frame rate and looks great.

Finally, once you get into the multiplayer game it is fun. Sniping really shines. Vehicles feel good considering I am driving with a keyboard. Although I would like to see people go down without unloading an entire magazine into them... again maybe I just need a better gun?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > NVIDIA Far Cry 2 Beta Drivers
3. Re: NVIDIA Far Cry 2 Beta Drivers Oct 24, 2008, 13:39 sc4r4b

Single player is cool... Just what i was looking for anyway.

Multiplayer has a lot of potential (the level editor is really cool and easy to use) but it will fail...

• Consolized Browser

• Must log into UBI

• 5 pages to go through just to find a server list

• Unable to join a ranked game in session

• Ranked Game boots player to Menu once the match has ended

• Unable not connect to any Player match (non-ranked)

• No way to escape out of a multiplayer loading screen MUST Hard Re-boot

• Does not support Clan tags so you use your UBI ID

• No hardcore mode

• Mouse Acceleration always on

• It's like these guys have never played PC shooters. It took a friend and I 20mins to find a server last noght. So much potential wasted...

*Edit format

This comment was edited on Oct 24, 2008, 13:45.

News Comments > Warhammer Online Beta Opens
    43. 2 cents Sep 7, 2008, 20:23 sc4r4b

Well, I played it for about 5 hours today and enjoyed it. Pretty much what I was looking for. A more PvP oriented WoW-like MMO. There were a lot of design desicions that I think are great - very little down-time and grinding.

For the record AoC looks ok in screenshots but it really runs like ass and all the levels past 20 felt boring and lacked creativity.

News Comments > Khronos Hopes for More Streamlined OpenGL 3.1
    5. Re: MMORPGHoD Aug 14, 2008, 14:34 sc4r4b

OpenGL is for PC gaming as well... because DirectX isn't on the Mac or Linux.

I think a lot of people are getting too upset over this. I for one am glad that they are thinking about CAD applications and 3D artists.

News Comments > Guitar Hero: World Tour Details, and More
    10. Re: Consoles not only for kiddies Jul 14, 2008, 19:10 sc4r4b

Guitar Hero is one of the best games to come out in years. It is pure, simple, addictive fun whether you're alone or at a party. Easy to learn, difficult to master; it is one of the purest examples of true "gaming" to have come out in years. All this without amazing graphics or a deep plot.

QFT

I couldn't have said it better.

News Comments > John Carmack Q&A
    7. Re: ... Jul 14, 2008, 12:17 sc4r4b

We still play Q3A regularly at work. It's a great game for people to get into if they've never played a multiplayer FPS.

I really believe the launch/jump pads add a nice dimension to the game play. I love mid-air rails!

News Comments > Call Of Duty: World At War Co-op Revealed
    2. Re: Hmm... Jun 23, 2008, 10:38 sc4r4b

I think I just got a little excited about this game...

News Comments > Age of Conan Plans
    19. Re: Sooo.....? Jun 13, 2008, 11:44 sc4r4b

Yeah, I have spent about 65 hours with this game and have tried a lot of the classes but I'm not compelled to play a game that feels incomplete, has awkward controls, a bad UI, hardcoded mouse buttons, crap gear, broken professions, boring gameplay....

I much prefer WoW over AoC.

News Comments > Game Reviews
    7. Re: No subject Jun 11, 2008, 16:01 sc4r4b

Yeah that is an honest review for sure. AoC is a huge disapointment for me. Oh well, back to WoW for my MMO fix.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Bus Driver
    2. Re: No subject Jun 4, 2008, 10:08 sc4r4b

Do I detect sarcasm?

News Comments > Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare PC DLC Coming
    1. No subject May 31, 2008, 17:28 sc4r4b

I thought we were gonna get screwed on this... Better late than never.

News Comments > Age of Conan Tips
    3. Re: No subject May 22, 2008, 10:18 sc4r4b

Yeah, I am on the Bane "Cultural" Server. It's OK but it needs some tweaks still. For example it would be nice if I could assist my friends/group/guild mates of a different race against people ganking from of my own race.

I think the launch went fairly smooth there are issues but no show stoppers and I'm getting into it more now that I changed my class.

News Comments > Savage 2 Free Weekend
    9. Re: Savage 2 May 21, 2008, 10:35 sc4r4b

Yeah, I really dig this game a lot more than the first one.

At first the melee combat felt like a button masher but after playing if for a while I can say I get it now and I can hold my own.

Fun game!

News Comments > Beyond Good & Evil 2 Rumor
    9. Re: Hmm May 16, 2008, 18:37 sc4r4b

Those LEGO games have to be the most overrated pieces of crap I've ever played. The gameplay is terrible. I don't understand the appeal at all.

They are really great games for kids. When 5yo my son needs help with in-game it's kinda cool that I can help him out by playing co-op instead of actually playing the game for him.

News Comments > Mass Effect/Spore DRM Changes
    2. Re: Hah May 9, 2008, 16:00 sc4r4b

And all you naysayers claimed that whining wouldn't make any difference.

For reals...

This comment was edited on May 9, 16:00.

News Comments > Gold - Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures
    32. Re: lite Apr 22, 2008, 19:16 sc4r4b

By the way I would like to point out that my only complaint has been hard drive space. I've not complained about anything else. My system is a $3,700 gaming beast. I HAVE plenty of hard drive space. My bitch is that I DON'T want to give 30GB to ANY program, game or otherwise. IMHO 30GB is just ridiculous. I'm sure many will agree.

While you are entilted to your opinion I really don't understand your logic. What's the big deal if you have a lot of HDD space and a highend PC? I understand your argument about WoW and it's low-end system requirements but it is also 4 years old now, the PC I had back then ran the game at 30fps.

As a 3D artist and I gamer I welcome games that are going to push the limits of hardware and graphics as long as the game looks good and plays well I could really care less about HDD space.

This comment was edited on Apr 22, 19:17.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
    7. Re: NIN downloading Mar 3, 2008, 12:18 sc4r4b

For those who are exceeding the download limit Trent said you will be able to try again. Looks like I have some new tunes to play while I play WoW!

News Comments > New Torque Game Builder
    2. Re: Retro Feb 1, 2008, 10:14 sc4r4b

Drol

I have not thought about that game in ages!

News Comments > Dell Throws a Curve
    15. Re: No subject Jan 10, 2008, 10:39 sc4r4b

For instance, I have a two year old Dell right now on which the power supply fan started making noise. I figure, no problem, just replace the power supply. But I crack the case and soon realize, the power supply is in the top, back of the case. The SATA drive is in the bottom, front of the case.. ie. there is like a 20"+ power lead coming out of the power supply for it. And even if I could easily buy a power supply with a 20" power lead, the way the damn thing is routed in the case, I'm not sure I can replace it. *ugh*

Why not crack open the PSU and replace the fan? I bet you'll save some money too!

News Comments > Far Cry 2 Q&A
    9. Re: No subject Jan 4, 2008, 18:26 sc4r4b

After watching a Far Cry 2 demo on gametrailers I'll admit it looks like it will be better/more fun than Crysis game-play wise.

998 Comments. 50 pages. Viewing page 7.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo