Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for sc4r4b

Real Name sc4r4b   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname sc4r4b
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.burningsoulsforum.com
Signed On Dec 17, 2001, 20:48
Total Comments 998 (Graduate)
User ID 11928

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Tribes Ascend Beta Adds New Map; Physics Changes
3. Re: Tribes Ascend Beta Adds New Map; Physics Changes Mar 20, 2012, 12:21 sc4r4b

I can catch them most of the time. The idea is not to follow directly behind them. The shortest distance from one point to another is a straight line. Not to mention that you know where the flag goal is.

You guys are right though both changes are significant.

I play the path finder formerly "jumper" with a thrust pack, two capacitors,a bolt launcher, shotty, and nitron. Add me to your friends list if you're down.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Tribes Ascend Beta Key Giveaway
16. Re: Tribes Ascend Beta Key Giveaway Feb 12, 2012, 13:59 sc4r4b

I freaking love this game...

The changes to the classes are really nice. I love the speed and movement; it's not as "floaty" as past games; Close Combat is really improved and fun.

The new weapons and balance allow more options and customization. I don't feel like I'll play one role all the time; I prefer the light classes but I've been able to cap the flag as a heavy which is pretty cool. And instead of using the Spinfuser all the time there are various projectile weapons to choose from and they are all viable, like the classes. I got a mid-air one-hit double kill on a flag carrier and defender with the melee weapon.

Frankly I hope the game remains in the niche FPS category after seeing so many games collapse from being too popular. This is what I wanted T:V to be. Tribes is freestyle FPS.

I'm an old school Tribes2 vet and currently I'm playing Tribes and BF3 .

News Comments > Homefront Sells 375K in One Day
38. Re: Homefront Sells 375K in One Day Mar 20, 2011, 02:19 sc4r4b

17 hours into the multiplayer and I like it a lot.

It's BF with CoD in the mix. I always felt BF was slow and clunky but loved the maps and vehicles. While and I liked the twitch skills of CoD but I always wanted large maps and vehicles.

I have had more fun with this one than most of the games I've bought in the past year which includes BFBC and Blops. My friends and I tear shit up!

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Homefront
44. Re: Ships Ahoy - Homefront Mar 17, 2011, 01:42 sc4r4b

Niche may have been a wrong choice of words. That said the multiplayer style is what I was looking for. Reskin it in a scifi or WWII setting and I would still enjoy it.

If I remember correctly the developers were the same guys who did the desert combat mod for BF, back when most FPS games were scifi and WWII.

41. Re: Ships Ahoy - Homefront Mar 16, 2011, 13:09 sc4r4b

After 2 hours of multi-player I feel pretty good about this purchase. I have always been a big fan of CoD and BF games. I feel Homefront has a great combination of both.

The player, movement, weapon damage, knife, and perks are similar to CoD. While the open environments and vehicles are like BF.

Obviously this will be a niche FPS and to me thats fine because I wanted a game like this.

24. Re: Ships Ahoy - Homefront Mar 15, 2011, 16:41 sc4r4b

Turn off FPS Smoothing in the options.

I did and I had unreal mouse lag in the menu. I turned it back on and it was good. I will give it a shot again on my home PC.

18. Re: Ships Ahoy - Homefront Mar 15, 2011, 15:29 sc4r4b

Personally, I don't buy games for single player. I tried a few quick games of multiplayer and so far I liked it.

My only grip is mouse acceleration... but I suppose that's an easy fix I can do myself.

News Comments > Carmack: Direct3D Now "Rather Better" Than OpenGL
6. Re: Carmack: Direct3D Now Mar 11, 2011, 10:44 sc4r4b

I'm normally really good a detecting sarcasm...  

News Comments > Carmack: Direct3D Now "Rather Better" Than OpenGL
2. Re: Carmack: Direct3D Now Mar 11, 2011, 10:29 sc4r4b

I disagree... The tessellation tech in DirectX 11 is really nice. I can see how it would help with level of detail in games - which would have a bearing in the games we play.

I wish I had automatic tessellation like that in Maya. Instead I have to do it manually per surface using Maya or Mental Rays methods. V-ray is pretty decent when it comes to tessellation but not all surfaces are created equal and I still have to tweak them at times.

News Comments > RIFT Interview
7. Re: RIFT Interview Mar 6, 2011, 15:17 sc4r4b

I was hesitant to buy Rift after playing so many failed MMOs. I'm glad I tried it. I've been digging it so far.  

News Comments > More WoW Hotfixes
8. Re: More WoW Hotfixes Feb 15, 2011, 18:55 sc4r4b

I quit too because of the class changes. I like the play style the way it was before.  

News Comments > DC Universe Online Patched
7. Re: DC Universe Online Patched Jan 23, 2011, 19:05 sc4r4b

I didn't expect much from this game at all. I picked it up anyway and I gotta say it surprised me a little.

The combat is reminiscent of Oni with a juggling style of Tekken. As I have been leveling I have found myself practicing combo moves. So those boring MMO style quests have new life because I have shifted my focus on the fight rather than the goal. All that said, I have only tried one weapon and class so ymmv. I'm planning on trying a controller as well because this game feels like a fighter.

I'm playing on a PvP server and there's a ton of world PvP! Very cool stuff because you feel like you are part of whats happening in the story. It's entirely possible to beat up some one who out levels you. There are also Team based battlegrounds and arenas. I like they designed the game with PvP in mind instead of tacking it on at the end as a feature. Still they really need to do something about locating your group members on a map. And I would like to see the draw distance increased.

Customization isn't the best out there but it's decent. I suspect they will be adding more stuff later.

Bonus points for the voice acting! I'm so sick of reading shit in games it's about time a game was made like this.

I figured I'd only play it for a month but I am considering subbing for a second month. I'm not sure it's gonna be worth the price though...

News Comments > Cataclysm Sells 3.3m in 24 Hours
7. Re: Cataclysm Sells 3.3m in 24 Hours Dec 13, 2010, 11:44 sc4r4b

So I haven't played WoW since before the first expansion came out. I think I got as high as level 35 and got tired of it. Does Cataclysm change the game enough (or the other expansions for that matter) that I should give it another look? Or is the same interminable series of fetch and kill quests plagued by gold seller spam?

If you don't like it at 35 then don't bother.

Of course you never got to end game. I also wonder what class you were playing?

They really sped up the leveling so it's not much of a grind at all. I play for PvP but I must say this is the first time I can remember enjoying the leveling.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patched
21. Re: World of Warcraft Patched Nov 25, 2010, 09:32 sc4r4b

I play WoW hardcore casual. I don't devote all my free time to it, I still have fun, and I have decent gear. That said, I really only PvP. Running the same dungeon over and over again hoping for a drop is not my idea of fun.  

News Comments > Black Ops Sales Record
6. Re: Black Ops Sales Record Nov 18, 2010, 14:23 sc4r4b

MW2 was a fail, BO is everything I wanted MW2 to be!  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops Preloads
6. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Preloads Nov 8, 2010, 21:55 sc4r4b

I read that the brick and mortars paid for the midnight release time and digital downloads got screwed.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops Launch Trailer
18. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Launch Trailer Nov 2, 2010, 01:35 sc4r4b

Is this game really going to be any different?

No punkbuster and dedicated servers... So yeah, this will be different. I'm sure there will still be cheaters but at least it will be possible to kick them.

In all my years of FPS gaming I have never seen cheating as bad as I have seen it in MW2. Which goes to show why dedicated servers are so important. In the end it's up to us gamers to police our own servers.

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Digital Presales
8. Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Digital Presales Oct 28, 2010, 19:34 sc4r4b

If you pre-order Cata from Blizz you can no longer log-in!  

News Comments > TRIBES Acquired, Tribes Universe Announced
51. Re: TRIBES Acquired, Tribes Universe Announced Oct 25, 2010, 17:39 sc4r4b

Seriously, no one here has had a good experience with GA?

I like it but I can't get my friends to play it with me. The lack of 4 man groups in PVP kinda killed it for us.

News Comments > TRIBES Acquired, Tribes Universe Announced
8. Re: TRIBES Acquired, Tribes Universe Announced Oct 24, 2010, 15:15 sc4r4b

I will be watching this one.  

998 Comments. 50 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo