Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brian Smith

Real Name Brian Smith   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jm0ris0n
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 76417559
Description www.DeanForAmerica.com !!!
Homepage None given.
Signed On Dec 9, 2001, 04:07
Total Comments 665 (Apprentice)
User ID 11851

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 27, 2013, 22:13 jm0ris0n

Beamer, isn't that called a surface pro? Picked one up last week and for a first gen device, zero regrets. Thing is a beautiful 2lb beast.

Beamer wrote on Mar 27, 2013, 14:39:
Ozmodan wrote on Mar 27, 2013, 14:33:
Where do they find such idiots like Joe Wilson? Tablets are nothing but toys at this point. What you can do on them beyond games, is so limited it is not worth mentioning. So far most of mine have moved down to the young where they play lots of games, even the college kids find little use for them. Like one college kid told me, you can't even keep class notes on them.

Five years ago you couldn't even browse the internet on your phone (well.)

Today it's where significant site traffic comes from.

Trends are things that happen over time. I still don't get why people keep arguing that a desktop is a better form factor. It sucks. Its only advantage is power. Once that advantage is stripped, it becomes a heavy, immobile, useless piece of crap.
Other than the ability to build your own I don't understand why people love them. If someone offered me a tablet that had the same power as a desktop (today? No. But in a decade? Duh), with HDMI out (or whatever is used), and the ability to connect to my mouse and keyboard then hell, why wouldn't I use it?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > GameStop Honoring DNF Preorders
12. Re: GameStop Honoring DNF Preorders May 30, 2011, 20:12 jm0ris0n

It'll be interesting to see if amazon offers the same ...  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 31, 2011, 22:28 jm0ris0n

I think the only reason time warner backed off their proposed tiered internet service was the threat of actual government regulation upon them if they did so.  

News Comments > Op Ed
23. Re: Op Ed Apr 12, 2010, 08:29 jm0ris0n

Has anyone here ever used remote desktop across the net? Now add in 3d graphics and games requiring (or possibly not) less than a 100 msec response time ... yeah, this is going to work out well.  

News Comments > Another WoW China Hiccup
5. Re: Another WoW China Hiccup Nov 3, 2009, 01:48 jm0ris0n

Can you imagine a political party based upon a wow clan which would ultimately overthrow the stave gov't ? I'd say the odds are better than finding a massage parlor in shanghai which doesn't provide happy endings ...

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 29, 2009, 01:32 jm0ris0n

Good choice...I made the mistake of getting the blackberry storm back in march. At least with the new 5.0 OS performance is now acceptable.

Enjoy!

News Comments > Gearbox is Duke Begins Dev
17. Re: Gearbox is Duke Begins Dev Jul 14, 2009, 23:42 jm0ris0n

Wow...only 16 posts...no one cares anymore !  

News Comments > Gearbox is Duke Begins Dev
4. Re: Gearbox is Duke Begins Dev Jul 14, 2009, 12:42 jm0ris0n

Comedy like this makes me glad I'm alive.  

News Comments > 3D Realms "Not Closing"
13. Re: 3D Realms May 18, 2009, 18:14 jm0ris0n

Too funny! They've got a 70% fished product and no funding. My crap in a bag would be worth more than
this game right now!

News Comments > More DNF Media?
16. Re: More DNF Media? May 11, 2009, 23:05 jm0ris0n

PS: Did you all see the level documents on duke4.net? I think some of them are a tad outdated...the ones with actual meta-data in them were created in 2007 (makes sense) and the level progress high-level tracking spreadsheeet show it was last printed on "Tuesday, July 29, 2008 15:50:26". NOt really surprised...I hate to add any fuel to a fire, but these docs look like they're released on purpose...almost like a public auction.

"Look what we have, here are some documentation samples, this is a shareware sample, if you buy the source code / game you get all this + more ..."

Why else would a lead developer leak all that documentation? I'm sure all these docs are property of 3DRealms, not the designers who are leaking them....just a few of my cents ...

News Comments > More DNF Media?
15. Re: More DNF Media? May 11, 2009, 22:36 jm0ris0n

Just like the HL2 Alpha Source that came out in 2003...:o

Hell, I'd gladly pay $20 for even a POS unplayable version of this thing. All I want to do is shoot an alien, watch him explode, and slap a stipper's ass. Thats easily worth $20 right there!

News Comments > DNF Footage?
19. Re: About these leaks... Part 2 May 10, 2009, 15:34 jm0ris0n

I agree...the footage, although lacking interaction, does look fun indeed  

News Comments > 3D Realms Closing?
118. Re: 3D Realms Closing? May 9, 2009, 11:08 jm0ris0n

That sounds like a likely perspective, however, if it had only take $5 million more to finish Duke, and they showed good evidence of this, then I'm sure someone would have funded that investment.

Hell, I know a group of investors who could come up with a 6 month, 5 million dollar loan, its not that hard. The difficult part would be if the project was not nearly ready for implementation, and could not be finished, and shipped in 09...then i wouldn't touch this project with a 10 foot pole.

I mean really, a 35 man development team @6 months dev/testing time, would eat through 5 million in 6 months. Is the game really that polished, that it could be released in 2009?

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Screenshots? Updated
19. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Screenshots? May 8, 2009, 15:25 jm0ris0n

Broussard and Romero need to get married and commit suicide together, because I think that's the only way we're going to get them both to stfu.

I think we have a winner!

News Comments > 3D Realms Closing?
114. Re: No subject May 8, 2009, 14:49 jm0ris0n

I can't wait till the source code gets leaked and a semi-working alpha version of this game makes it onto the interweb. Then at least, we'll have some justice / closure.  

News Comments > Midway Sold
3. Re: Midway Sold Dec 1, 2008, 13:00 jm0ris0n

FINISH HIM/HER!  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 24, 2008, 11:40 jm0ris0n

What about data indicating 18% of Americans are blind ?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 26, 2008, 23:40 jm0ris0n

Blue, I've never seen your kitchen, but I speak from experience when I say first a faucet, then new countertops + Sink, new appliances, new cabinets..etc. Just be careful God forbid if/when you decide to remove a load bearing wall...not that a speak from experience or anything. Take the time + money you think it will cost and double it...thats being conservative

I will say the granite is nice...and a geforce xxxx ultra has nothing on a professional gas range!

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Spore
1. Anyone... Sep 4, 2008, 20:56 jm0ris0n

Gotten a hold of this one yet ?

If you were a Betting Man, will EA stock go up or down ?

News Comments > EA to Publish Rage
3. Re: crap Jul 14, 2008, 21:30 jm0ris0n

PS: No Copy Protection Bitching...this game is made for consoles!

665 Comments. 34 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo