Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Scott

Real Name Scott   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Goatee
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 8, 2001, 20:05
Total Comments 4 (Suspect)
User ID 11847

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > NOLF 2 Playable Teaser
47. Graphics Aug 29, 2002, 20:29 Goatee

Personally I find it totally gay to talk about graphics. To me, graphics have nearly nothing to do with how much I like a game. Now HORRIBLE graphics could certainly take some of my love for something but sub par graphics certainly never bother me.
For me interaction with the environment and NPCs/enemies whatever is certainly more important. If you read the latest PC Gamer article on AI you would have read some real interesting stuff about NOLF2. Basically to sum it up these characters actually LIVE in the game rather than just standing there waiting for you to come and kill them.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: You know... Aug 29, 2002, 20:15 Goatee

The Axe ads are for Axe a new deodorant. I thought the whole thing was just a joke but I saw Axe Deodorant Spray in Fred Meyeres yesterday.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
47. Gaming Aug 28, 2002, 19:40 Goatee

Ah the nostalgia.
Im not quite as old as some of you talking about the good old days, I hit gaming about the time of the atari. My brother had a nasty hand me down PC that we played text adventures on. Some of that old blocky or non graphical adventure is still some of my fondest gaming memories. Anyone remember the frustration on games like Police Quest 1 or anything like that?
TYPE "Give breathalizer test."
Game "Im sorry you cannot give her a breathalizer test."
TYPE "Use breathalizer."
Game "Use it for what?"
TYPE "Use breathalizer on woman."
Game "Surely you don't want to do that do you?"
TYPE "Use breathalizer on woman to preform a breath test"
Game "Do what now?"
TYPE "Use the breathalizer to give the woman a test that will tell me the exact percentage of alchohal in her body"
Game "You cannot do that at this time"
TYPE "Give test"
Game you successfully give the woman a drunk driving test and she fails miserably

I have been following gaming since I can remember both through PC and consoles (you can be a total game geek without both!) I have played hundreds and hundres of games. Some have taken my attention for long periods others, a couple rounds was plenty. I have enjoyed each and every experience though and plan on playing games forever.
Someone mentioned halflife and knocked its many awards of best game ever. Personally to me it is the best game I have ever played (the single player). It was the first game to ever actual get real emotion out of me rather than just being pissed that I couldn't find some dang key or couldn't jump up to some stupid platform. Not even fragging someone who repeatedly killed me earlier got the same reaction. To me that is what games should be about. An intricate series of fully interactive scenarios or scenes that bring about an emotional response in reaction to the events, characters, actions etc that you and your character share.
Its all about quality entertainment.
Well anyway my structural post has lost all integrity and I have to go so later.
P.S. Cheaters/code users/trainer users/and game guide readers are all ruining what could be a great experience for themselves.
Um and they suck.

News Comments > Halo 2 (Xbox) Announced
140. Re: No subject Aug 13, 2002, 15:16 Goatee

Comparing the graphics is pointless. Especially comparing the graphics of DOOM III and Halo 2. That is like comparing the comic book drawings for Spawn to Garfield or something. They are different styles completely. But to add my two cents I don't think either one looks any better than anything else release lately.
That said, gameplay is the most important thing. What good do beautiful environments and graphics do for you if the AI sucks or the controls are all stupid? Think about that. Think of all the games in your collection and remember which beautiful ones you are still playing. Are you still playing them because the graphics rule or because they are FUN and entertaining. I think you will discover that I am right.

4 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo