Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Halo Breaker

Real Name Halo Breaker   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Halo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 6, 2001, 08:11
Total Comments 976 (Graduate)
User ID 11835

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch
5. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch Dec 22, 2011, 16:17 Halo

Steele Johnson wrote on Dec 22, 2011, 16:12:
Will these patches upgrade all the way up from the last official patch?

Let me click the link and copy the second sentence on the page for you

"(Official)Patch 1.2 is no longer neccessary to upgrade to the latest unofficial patch! Any unofficial patch from 6.0 on has this patch integrated."

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Game of Thrones RPG Website; Trailer
5. Re: Game of Thrones RPG Website; Trailer Dec 22, 2011, 13:36 Halo

Cutter wrote on Dec 22, 2011, 00:17:
Jerykk wrote on Dec 22, 2011, 00:10:
Does Baldur's Gate really count as original IP? After all, it's based on D&D.

And they're all derivitive anyway. I mean Fallout was inspired by novels like A Canticle for Leibowitz. And the rest on various novels, pulps, films, other game systems and adventures. So long as they don't try to be all encompassing - there's just too much going on in this series - and focus on a tale within the tale - the potential is good.

Fallout pays direct homage to Wasteland.
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Wasteland_(game)

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 21, 2011, 15:31 Halo

Verno wrote on Dec 21, 2011, 14:57:
They release a new version for each major feature roadmap they hit, I don't see what's so difficult to understand about it. It's a number, why does it bother you so much? Chrome has been doing it for years already. Previously Mozilla struggled to hit development targets and were falling far behind on features. This is exactly what they needed and it's let them hit feature parity with other browsers while improving on oft complained about things.

Before - Many features developed for significant revision, milestones constantly missed and dev targets late while features slip

After - One major feature for each major iteration instead of throwing the kitchen sink into each release, they are actually hitting release targets and bringing the browser back up to parity with competition

But blargghh that number bugs me rarrr! Pretend it's Firefox 3.0.9 or something, sheesh. The number doesn't matter in the slightest to the end user other than giving them something to identify, the update content does.

I think it's because one headline reads 9.0 is out and another reads 3.6.25 is out. Not because they don't understand updates.

News Comments > Humble Bundle #4 Adds Humble Bundle #3
5. Re: Humble Bundle #4 Adds Humble Bundle #3 Dec 21, 2011, 14:18 Halo

CrimsonPaw wrote on Dec 21, 2011, 11:26:
Anyone know if this its recursive? I gladly paid $7 for bundle 4 and would be happy to get this additional stuff.

It's on your download page.

News Comments > Syndicate Refused Classification in Australia
7. Re: Syndicate Refused Classification in Australia Dec 20, 2011, 14:58 Halo

Dev wrote on Dec 20, 2011, 13:59:
Sacrifex wrote on Dec 20, 2011, 12:42:
If games got censored just to sell down under, you'd be playing My Little Pony 142 instead of real games. Banning games is their bread and butter - it's nothing new.

No developer has taken them seriously as a market - for good reason, given the conditions - and by association, if a mangled, unworkable censored version gets released, it's only for a quick cash grab on the overcharged Aussies.
I don't know if thats the case. Many devs will release a version to comply with german stuff that also complies with austrailian stuff at the same time.

"Syndicate will not launch in Australia next year and EA will not alter the original game or seek an appeal. The publisher informed Joystiq this afternoon that it finds the Australian government's policy to deny adults the right to play Syndicate "regrettable."

"The game will not be available in Australia despite its enthusiastic response from fans. We were encouraged by the government's recent agreement to adopt an 18+ age rating for games. However, delays continue to force an arcane censorship on games cuts that would never be imposed on books or movies," EA Corporate Communications' Tiffany Steckler wrote Joystiq in a statement. "We urge policy makers to take swift action to implement an updated policy that reflects today's market and gives its millions of adult consumers the right to make their own content choices."

Syndicate was recently refused classification in Australia, due to it being "unsuitable for a minor to see or play." Australian classification standards reject classification for video games only deemed suitable for citizens over the age of 15."

Joystiq

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
10. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 19, 2011, 17:20 Halo

space captain wrote on Dec 19, 2011, 16:32:
Silicon Avatar wrote on Dec 19, 2011, 12:07:
Minecraft creator eats lunch! Minecraft creator takes a dump!

OHH LINK?!

News Comments > Steam Holiday Sale
51. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 19, 2011, 17:13 Halo

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Dec 19, 2011, 16:21:
Halo wrote on Dec 19, 2011, 14:31:
Your chances at winning are 100% percent greater by entering though.
That's not how percentages work. If you have 0% of chance of winning and you add 100% you end up with... 0%.

Try adding 100 percentage points.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
8. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 19, 2011, 15:48 Halo

Verno wrote on Dec 19, 2011, 15:02:
As an aside, why is that chick famous? I feel like an old codger asking but I've never had the origins explained to me.

Yeah the sex tape, now she's famous for being famous. Like an air compressor that runs off compressed air.

News Comments > Steam Holiday Sale
16. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 19, 2011, 14:31 Halo

Krovven wrote on Dec 19, 2011, 14:26:
Overon wrote on Dec 19, 2011, 14:21:
This contest is so convoluted and it just hides the fact that your odds of winning are so low.

Uhh it's the same format as the Summer Sale. BooHoo you have a limited chance to win, nevermind that you get free stuff just for participating. Don't like it, don't participate, nobody is forcing you. Some whiners will never be happy even if handed free stuff on a silver platter.

Your chances at winning are 100% percent greater by entering though.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
3. Re: Chrome vs. IE8 Dec 19, 2011, 10:20 Halo

IE has been around for how long? I love Chrome it seems to just work and feel more organic, not so much with IE.  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
4. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Dec 17, 2011, 20:29 Halo

My WD drives usually lasted about 3 years... great.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 16, 2011, 18:31 Halo

LightAssassin wrote on Dec 16, 2011, 15:54:
CommunistHamster wrote on Dec 16, 2011, 15:51:
Ultraviolet (uvvu.com) is beginning to look a lot like "steam for movies" albeit with slightly more restrictive DRM. They're getting there... 10 years and a few dozen billion dollars after the pirates.

Site is dead weight, doesn't support anywhere but USA.

Alas, I'll stick to downloading my tv shows/movies then. Waiting 6 months to a year to buy the dvd/blu ray in Australia is a joke. Even worse for TV series being released.

One day... I can pay for the things I like and I do buy some now, when they decide to make them available, but if you make us wait too long... we tend to forget it.

You think that's bad for you? I can't buy a kabbob anywhere to eat in Las Vegas.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 16, 2011, 18:26 Halo

Cutter wrote on Dec 16, 2011, 17:18:
Wow, I never realized tablets were so dangerous with the amount of radiation they give off. Going to be a lot of sick people in years to come. Glad I don't use that shite. Anyway, cool to see that the case actually does what it claims.

You don't use cell phones either? it's the same band radio in most cell phones.

7. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 16, 2011, 16:45 Halo

venomhed wrote on Dec 16, 2011, 16:29:
I agree Facebook will remain, but the value of 75 billion is my concern. Where did they get that sustainable figure and from what? Thats what they have yet to reveal. Could all be smoke and mirrors though, unless they team up with say Amazon, Netflix or other similar symbiotic companies in which both or several parties would greatly benefit.

I wonder if and when they will reveal where all 2.5 billion outstanding shares are at as well...

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 16, 2011, 13:36 Halo

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 16, 2011, 13:04:
There are only 373 shopping days until Christmas 2012.

Leap year next year.....did you figure that in?

I always get weird looks when I tell people it's my girlfriends 7th birthday next year.

1. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 16, 2011, 13:34 Halo

Then immediately falls on it's face.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
5. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 15, 2011, 19:42 Halo

I can't do the controls, my fingers always tend to wander off the screen-buttons and I lose.  

News Comments > Lord British/EA UO2 Follow-up
17. Re: Lord British/EA UO2 Follow-up Dec 15, 2011, 19:22 Halo

wtf_man wrote on Dec 15, 2011, 15:35:
Xil wrote on Dec 15, 2011, 11:45:
its 100% remake of Dungeon Master if you ask me, even the spell system BUT I love it for just that and can't wait for it to be released

Wasn't Dungeon Master from the perspective of creating dungeons, then watching AI NPCs go through it, though?

Wizardry was taking a party of 6 through a dungeon... and in Grimlock, you are taking a party of 4 through.

EDIT: Nevermind... I just watched a YouTube video of Dungeon Master... I was confusing it with another game. I can't believe I never saw / heard of this... although not being an Atari guy back then sort of explains it.

Dungeon Keeper.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
10. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 15, 2011, 18:08 Halo

Beamer wrote on Dec 15, 2011, 17:00:
Krovven wrote on Dec 15, 2011, 16:27:
Verno wrote on Dec 15, 2011, 12:47:
Eagerly anticipating what crippling design flaws and overpriced peripherals await us Lighter

My GF has a 360, and all I can say is the new dashboard interface is butt-fucking horrible. Nobody can ever make fun of the PS3 interface in comparison to the 360's now. And according to the article, the person in charge of the new UI is now in charge of the 720 launch...heaven help us all.

You mean the PS3 interface that looks like something from a feature phone circa 2008?
Well that's pretty good since the ps3 came out in 06

News Comments > PC Alan Wake Announced
15. Re: PC Alan Wake Announced Dec 14, 2011, 14:29 Halo

DangerDog wrote on Dec 14, 2011, 14:14:
I remember them showing a big over the top physics demo of their game engine when it was first announced, the actual game isn't open world at all and I'm not sure what that physics demo was for. The few hours I played the xbox version it felt more like one of those "silent hill" type games.

Except a few of those Silent Hill games were amazing.

976 Comments. 49 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo