Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Halo Breaker

Real Name Halo Breaker   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Halo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 6, 2001, 08:11
Total Comments 976 (Graduate)
User ID 11835

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops Sells $1 Billion
12. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Sells $1 Billion Dec 21, 2010, 15:07 Halo

I miss Action Quake ][ =(  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
14. Re: Op Ed Dec 15, 2010, 15:49 Halo

Why not add a gimped micro transaction version as F2P? Then as they get addicted will refinance themselves and go P2P. A free week isn't that exciting when you are the type of person who maybe spends 5 hours a week gaming. First one is always free.  

News Comments > Elemental Patched
3. Re: Elemental Patched Dec 15, 2010, 11:00 Halo

Didn't they hire a modder to fix their game?  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Europa Universalis III: Divine Wind
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Europa Universalis III: Divine Wind Dec 14, 2010, 19:25 Halo

Ships Ahoy - Europa Universalis III: Divine Wind

Pun intended?

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 14, 2010, 13:00 Halo

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 14, 2010, 12:16:
Halo wrote on Dec 14, 2010, 11:50:
Sarcasm syntax was wrong though
<sarcasm>

teh funny

/sarcasm

Negative.

I want to skip the line with the /, you process the rest. Pre web you newbie!

If it makes you feel better, I can change to //

Foiled again. I have given a name to my pain and it is the Batman.

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 14, 2010, 11:50 Halo

Sarcasm syntax was wrong though
<sarcasm>

teh funny

/sarcasm

News Comments > Cataclysm Sells 3.3m in 24 Hours
35. Re: Cataclysm Sells 3.3m in 24 Hours Dec 13, 2010, 14:39 Halo

Cram wrote on Dec 13, 2010, 13:56:
If the last guild I was in is any indication...1 out of about every 20 I would say.

ASeven wrote on Dec 13, 2010, 13:51:
The only, real question is and remains:

How many elf ladies are actually girls?

How many of them have actually touched a girl?

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 13, 2010, 14:33 Halo

Beamer wrote on Dec 13, 2010, 12:56:
progression of a story does so until I can feel that I'm actually intrigued about a game I'm not going to be jumping around my living room waving my body around while trying to stop my dog from play-attacking me for it.

Progression of a story isn't what Kinect games should be about.
Much like how the best Wii games that incorporate motion don't have much of a story.

Kinect will be very much about social gaming. Not social media, but playing with friends. No one likes playing Wii Tennis alone, but everyone loves playing in a group. It's hysterical.
Moving at all is one of those things that feels conspicuous and awkward by yourself. I can't imagine doing it alone. But what is awkward alone is absolutely hysterical in a group.

Move is made for core gaming. I hate it for that. Core gaming should NOT involve motion.
Kinect is made for social gaming. I appreciate it for that. It's big flaw is being a 2 person system, not a 4. Wii Tennis is cool with a friend. It's awesome with 3 of them.

Yes you're right I was looking at it from a personal standpoint. Now that I think about it the only game I enjoyed on the Wii that were core games involved almost NO waggle.

With a group and some competitiveness any of these options could be fun, I don't know about Sony though; like you said core gamers and waggle don't really come off as something they would find entertaining. Twitch skills and button mashing is more their style.

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 13, 2010, 12:40 Halo

Beamer wrote on Dec 13, 2010, 12:24:

I 100% agree with House. With no controllers like Kinect, games have to be extremely dumbed down and simplistic. But with Move you have the motion and camera detection PLUS controllers with buttons/knobs/sticks/etc which allows for much more complexity and interactivity.

Because of this, I see Move having a nice future but Kinect to me is going to be a failure and is DOA. Especially with what I've seen of it so far. While it has sold a decent amount so far, it's all because of hype and its "newness."

And I'll disagree with this.

Move is very similar to what we have now. As a result it's very easy to take current games and crapify them to use Move. It enhances absolutely nothing; all it does is aggravatingly complicate. I don't want to point a goddamn gun at the screen to shoot. I don't want any of that crap. It's no different than the Wii, which resulted in a few really fun, really abstract games and a whole bucketload of games that would have been more fun without motion.

Kinect, by being more abstract, really doesn't allow for this. It forces developers to come up with new gameplay. By definition it'll be more simplified, but that doesn't mean it can't be deep or won't be fun.

It's the same as Nickelodeon Arcade back in 1992. Maybe it's just me but game play or how you play doesn't hold me to a game; progression of a story does so until I can feel that I'm actually intrigued about a game I'm not going to be jumping around my living room waving my body around while trying to stop my dog from play-attacking me for it.

News Comments > Cataclysm Sells 3.3m in 24 Hours
18. Re: Cataclysm Sells 3.3m in 24 Hours Dec 13, 2010, 12:31 Halo

kxmode wrote on Dec 13, 2010, 12:29:
ASeven wrote on Dec 13, 2010, 12:20:
kxmode wrote on Dec 13, 2010, 12:04:
I think it's safe to say Blizzard is the last, great exclusive PC developer/publisher. They are keeping the torch of PC gaming burning brightly. You have to at least love them for that.

Indies.

You missed the part where I said "great". Great as in size and scope. Indies are definitely not that.

Dwarf Fortress to me is greater than a lot of RTSs out lately.

News Comments > On Sale
19. Re: On Sale Dec 10, 2010, 16:32 Halo

Is SOASE good enough with out the other packs? I'm not into multiplayer on those kinds of games. I've been waiting on the trinity to go on sale.  

News Comments > ArcaniA - Fall of Setarrif Announced
2. Re: ArcaniA - Fall of Setarrif Announced Dec 9, 2010, 17:26 Halo

StingingVelvet wrote on Dec 9, 2010, 17:20:
Pretty game, too bad it sucks.

Put it on a console then.

News Comments > Civilization V Pack Next Week
14. Re: Civilization V Pack Next Week Dec 9, 2010, 16:43 Halo

DLC is like a stray cat, you feed it once and it's just going to keep coming back for more.  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Trailer
6. Re: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Trailer Dec 7, 2010, 14:54 Halo

ASJD wrote on Dec 7, 2010, 13:45:
Why do I need a trailer for a game I already own?

And every other piece of information on the page is relevant besides this one article?

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Launch
9. Re: In other related news... Dec 7, 2010, 13:29 Halo

Yeah... It was obviously a poke at gaming productivity with an instant reward versus the real world where people due the bare minimum and can't wait to get out of work. As in people spend eight hours not getting much done for money but will be up twenty hours working as hard as possible paying somebody else.  

News Comments > Elder Scrolls 5 Rumor
61. Re: Elder Scrolls 5 Rumor Nov 23, 2010, 16:21 Halo

I must be a slope headed mouth breathing moron because I enjoy using logic, strategy, critical thinking, and planning to complete consequence based objectives instead of clicking a mouse and waiting for my health the regenerate.  

News Comments > Battlefield Play4Free Announced
35. Re: Battlefield Play4Free Announced Nov 5, 2010, 14:38 Halo

MajorD wrote on Nov 5, 2010, 14:27:

It saddens me how polluted the whole industry has become due to out of touch companies/Executives and all their greed. If things don’t change, there will be a day where playing PC FPSs won’t be fun anymore and/or be worth it……….

This isn't about greed it's about business. Everybody keeps saying greed, it's the same as me saying "I graduated college and worked my ass off to get into a good position because I'm greedy." I did what I had to do to make money.

The self proclaimed "AAA" game market hasn't been about making games because they want to express their talent for a while now. If consumer buy this up then that's what the market wants. What kind of a business would they be running if they didn't point their product in a direction the market is willing to pay for?

If you don't like the idea of this then don't play it. Remember episodic gaming? You remember that "greedy" business model? You pay for a piece of the game at a time. how many are left in that? Sam and Max and Starcraft?

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
8. Re: What James Madison Thought About Video Games. Nov 3, 2010, 22:28 Halo

D4rkKnight wrote on Nov 3, 2010, 12:17:
Why isn't it common sense to say that if a parent wants his 13-year-old child to have a game where the child is going to sit there and imagine he is a torturer and impose gratuitous, painful, excruciating, torturing violence upon small children and women and do this for an hour or so, and there is no social or redeeming value, it's not artistic, it's not literary, et cetera

What the hell is that...I don't know of any games that allow you to do this. Making up sensational bullshit to sell your case is pretty low.

Fallout 2?

News Comments > Miner Wars Name Change
3. Re: Miner Wars Name Change Nov 2, 2010, 21:24 Halo

I never played Miner Wars 1 - 2080, but this one looks pretty good.  

News Comments > GOG.com Re-Launch Gift
12. Re: GOG.com Re-Launch Gift Oct 20, 2010, 16:15 Halo

Sorry honey here are some flowers! =(

This comment was edited on Oct 20, 2010, 16:21.

976 Comments. 49 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo