Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Halo Breaker

Real Name Halo Breaker   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Halo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 6, 2001, 08:11
Total Comments 976 (Graduate)
User ID 11835

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
12. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 31, 2012, 20:46 Halo

Nobody ever seems upset that prisoners are used as free (well you and i pay for it) labor for a good amount of corporations and the US military supplies. 5% of the world are Americans 25% of the worlds prisoners are american. The best reintroduction of slave labor if I have ever seen it.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Jan 31, 2012, 20:32 Halo

Cutter wrote on Jan 31, 2012, 18:45:
Why the hell can I never get gamebanshee's site to show up properly in IE8 anymore?

They probably appeal to the most commonly used browsers. I would suggest changing to Chrome or Mozilla.

News Comments > Minecraft's Information Quest
22. Re: Minecraft's Information Quest Jan 25, 2012, 17:25 Halo

Fibrocyte wrote on Jan 25, 2012, 16:32:
Beamer wrote on Jan 25, 2012, 14:34:
Where could Notch possibly sell this crap?

He found a way to make millions off of an unreleased product. He'll find a way to make millions off "anonymous" game usage data.

Alternative response:

By kicking it up a notch. Bam!

Why do so many people dwell on the charging to play unreleased product for? There was never a gun to peoples head telling them to buy it, you could wait for retail if you wanted. It was even at a lower price! I'm pretty sure that beta copy of Skyrim that was released as retail wasn't a lower price before the patches.

How many times do gamers say "I would pay to play that game right now"? knowing it's not finished.

He wasn't passing it off as a finished game either and you still received all the benefits of the retail version when it came out at no charge.

Now maybe you were just mentioning it but so many people get up in arms about selling a beta and I just don't get why people are angry about what other people spend their money on.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 25, 2012, 17:10 Halo

Red wrote on Jan 25, 2012, 09:44:
Zynga's game may be a straight rip of Tiny Tower, but Tiny Tower was heavily inspired by the old PC game SimTower...

SimTower was more of a transportation game inside of a tower. The way you setup your occupants and how you built elevators decided if you were going to go bankrupt. The fact that their games are in a tower are about the only similarities.

News Comments > Quoteworthy - Notch on Indies
10. Re: Quoteworthy - Notch on Indies Jan 25, 2012, 12:01 Halo

Beamer wrote on Jan 25, 2012, 08:12:
Ruffiana wrote on Jan 24, 2012, 21:59:
Unless you're payroll is dependant on outside financing from a publisher or other 3rd party, to whom you're development is held accountable (budget, scope, and timeline)...you're a damn independant.

You can be 300 people with a $6m a month burn rate but as long it's your studio providing the financing for yourself, you're an independant developer.

So Epic and Valve, then. Good.

If you run your own business and make a million a year would you say you're independently wealthy? Or you run a corporation?

News Comments > New Via Digital Distribution
6. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Jan 25, 2012, 11:39 Halo

Dev wrote on Jan 25, 2012, 09:09:
Saboth wrote on Jan 24, 2012, 21:48:
I can't warn enough against using Impulse/GameStop's service for downloading games. There is literally NO customer service. The download service only offers customer support through emails. Not phone, not forums. They usually take 1-2 days to answer an email. They apparently do not have any power to remedy order problems either. Not the power to send you game codes, not the power to refund money, nothing. I ordered Batman AC last Friday and they sent me a used code. I've sent numerous emails to them, and they state I need to talk to WB games. Um, shouldn't that be their job? I didn't buy the game from WB games, I bought it from GameStop. Anyhow, after 5 days of getting jerked around and no code, I asked for my money back. They told me they do not have the power to do that, that I need to call their 1-800 number for that. I call, and the rude agents state they do not/can not give refunds on game downloads, and I need to talk to Impulse email support. So, each branch of their 'service' apparently has no power to do anything, and they do not communicate with each other. 5 days later, and I can't get a refund or a working code (WB games has yet to respond to any emails either). I've tried every method of communication with all companies involved multiple times, and no remedy. Stick with Amazon or Steam for your game downloads. GameStop is terrible. Oh, and I would do a charge back on them, but someone gave me a gift card for Christmas and that is what I used. I'd rather have had a lump of coal after this fiasco.
Thats when you can call your credit card company and tell them you want your money back because you never got a working product and the company isn't willing to work with you to make it so. Just be aware that if you do it, impulse is likely to shut down your account (if they are anything like valve).

News Comments > Jagged Alliance: Back in Action Tactics Trailer
1. Re: Jagged Alliance: Back in Action Tactics Trailer Jan 24, 2012, 15:05 Halo

Don't like that all enemies are in plain view with no FOW. They should show up as a sound in their relative location to a mercs hearing...  

4. Re: Quoteworthy - Notch on Indies Jan 24, 2012, 13:39 Halo

spindoctor wrote on Jan 24, 2012, 12:04:
Apparently Steam isn't doing enough awesome stuff to convince Notch to put his game up there.

When nearly 10,000 people buy your game everyday without Steam why would you want to give them a cut?

1. Re: Quoteworthy - Notch on Indies Jan 24, 2012, 11:54 Halo

So it's a cool trendy new idea that people pay to see/use other peoples work?! This will never catch on.  

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: Megaupload Seizures Jan 23, 2012, 17:57 Halo

Beamer wrote on Jan 23, 2012, 17:24:
Also, Kim Dotcom had 145,000 kills in MW3?
I average somewhere around 125 kills per hour in that game. Let's assume Kim Dotcom was able to do double that (which I doubt, he did it all in Free For All. Figure a standard FFA game is 6 minutes including set up, loading, etc [this is a lowball estimate], and you can do 10 per hour. FFA games are to 15 kills so you can get 150 kills per hour. But we'll just assume he was twice as efficient at killing as I am.)

250 kills per hour. 580 hours to get 145,000. 24 days.

MW3 was released on Nov 24 in Aus, but we'll assume he got his mitts on it on Nov 8 with the rest of the world. That's what, 75 days ago?
Did he really put a third of his time, including sleep, into MW3? Between 7 and 8 hours a day?

So what your saying is that this is probably a conspiracy. They shut down the site arrested anybody who knew him and are proceeding to train him in the likes of the film The Last Star Fighter,
he's the perfect super soldier!

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: Megaupload Seizures Jan 23, 2012, 17:05 Halo

The possessions and website are all tied to the crimes they allegedly committed. They wouldn't leave a guns, drugs, and drug money at the scene of a drug deal gone bad would they?  

News Comments > No PC Syndicate Remake Demo; Original on GOG.com Thursday
15. Re: No PC Syndicate Remake Demo; Original on GOG.com Thursday Jan 17, 2012, 14:52 Halo

I would eat my hat if some group remade Syndicate and it was turn based combat!  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 13, 2012, 16:48 Halo

ASeven wrote on Jan 13, 2012, 15:10:
One of the most scary news item I've seen in years. An UK student without any US citizenship can be extradited for the US to be tried for a copyright case. To add to the scariness, what he did was legal in the UK but illegal in the US and now he'll go to the US to be tried for a crime he didn't do in his home country.

If this isn't scary I don't know what is.

This isn't the first time either. There's some sort of treaty for this so the USA can grab offenders from the UK or the other way.

You know the entertainment industry will come after you for money NO matter what.

News Comments > Top Gun Hard Lock Details
13. Re: Top Gun Hard Lock Details Jan 12, 2012, 17:21 Halo

Shower scenes? ...  

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Jan 12, 2012, 10:19 Halo

I miss all of the strike games so bad...  

News Comments > Kinect for Windows Next Month
16. Re: Kinect for Windows Next Month Jan 10, 2012, 18:16 Halo

m0deth wrote on Jan 10, 2012, 15:36:
Creston wrote on Jan 10, 2012, 15:22:
nin wrote on Jan 10, 2012, 10:22:
I love their excuse to justify the $250 price.

They're basically saying "Just buy an Xbox with Kinect!"

Creston

Or, just buy Kinect, and use the free software already developed by folks unwilling to wait for M$ to market/monetize the software for it.

Either way, it won't see above 5% adoption for PC gaming, and will most likely be a bigger threat to Wacom and other graphics input companies than anything/anyone else.

I fear though, that this is a strategy, to have it intentionally fail, so just before the Xbox 720 release they can yet again claim some easily refuttable bullshit about the PC as a platform.

After using the Win 8 dev preview for a week or so now...I can honestly say, nobody will give a shit about Kinect for a version of windows that will be more widely rejected than M$ Bob, ME, and Vista combined.

Nobody bought the Kinect for PC, that must mean the PC is a dying platform.

News Comments > Intel's Fake Ultrabook Gaming Demo
8. Re: Intel's Fake Ultrabook Gaming Demo Jan 10, 2012, 17:57 Halo

This is worse than the fake Half Life 2 demo.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 10, 2012, 10:12 Halo

News today about how to watch the keynote live yesterday?  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 6, 2012, 13:41 Halo

They did most of the programming for Twin Snakes(2004) all the art, voice, sounds, and cut scenes were the work of Konami. It's a great remake of the original but it's not like they came up with the game themselves... It's like working at a Ford plant and saying you created the new Mustang.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 6, 2012, 11:36 Halo

Creston wrote on Jan 6, 2012, 11:19:
"MS is there to not help!"

I'm never again buying a console from fucking Microsoft.

Creston

Can I use my Technet+ account to get 360 help? lol

976 Comments. 49 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo