Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Halo Breaker

Real Name Halo Breaker   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Halo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 6, 2001, 08:11
Total Comments 976 (Graduate)
User ID 11835

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > New Minecraft Beta
9. Re: New Minecraft Beta May 26, 2011, 11:15 Halo

Ventura wrote on May 26, 2011, 10:27:
I know you would think that it would be so easy to find all the bugs with 6 people compared to 2.3 million play testers. I mean come on bugs in a beta staged game give me a break here.

I think I met your brother over at minecraftforum.net mate. People always going down on Notch over there, alpha this, beta that. Heard the same tune a million times.

Tell me, what kinda excuse does the family have in store for when it comes out of beta? Just curious.

Probably the same excuse large thousand+ employee companies have and still cannot fix a game? I didn't jump right into it the second it 1.6 came out, and by the time I do I'll take a wild guess that most will be corrected.

I guess I don't have drive to become upset that a piece of software with new features has bugs on it's release. Especially when the same patch fixes over 100 other bugs.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New Minecraft Beta
5. Re: New Minecraft Beta May 26, 2011, 10:18 Halo

Ventura wrote on May 26, 2011, 09:55:
Yeah he's up at 1.6.3 right now.

The bugfix updates have been coming kinda quick, which is nice, but there's a big problem internally with that company when 1.6 needs so many quick fixes right out of the gate.

He's not done too, he just twittered about a severe cpu hog bug that they're still working on nailing. How do they not catch these things before release? There are what, half a dozen people working at Mojang now, does anybody there actually load up the game?

I know you would think that it would be so easy to find all the bugs with 6 people compared to 2.3 million play testers. I mean come on bugs in a beta staged game give me a break here.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Frozen Synapse
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Frozen Synapse May 26, 2011, 10:13 Halo

ASeven wrote on May 26, 2011, 09:33:
This is a great, great game. If you love simultaneous-resolution turn-based tactical games with lots of guns you'll love this one.

This is one of the indie gems of this year.

Game looks awesome but I think I'm fine in just 1440 x 900.

News Comments > Chinese Gold-Farming Chain Gangs
3. Re: Chinese Gold-Farming Chain Gangs May 26, 2011, 10:09 Halo

It is really saddening to hear that some computers were never shut off. The constant heat and stress on all those parts must be detrimental to the computers life span. Probably didn't even go into standby; just ran WoW all day long. I wonder if I can adopt one of these machines and give them another chance...  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue May 25, 2011, 14:37 Halo

nin wrote on May 25, 2011, 11:31:
$1 Billion Star Trek Resort To Be Built In Jordan.

That reminds me - did the Star Trek Experience ever reopen in Vegas? I heard something about it moving down to Fremont street (which was looking pretty scary the last time I was there) awhile back, but never heard anything else...

edit:

For you, Blue:
http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2011/05/how-dogs-cats-drink/

I'll be the unofficial Vegas rep. It was supposed to be moved to Fremont in the Neonopolis but that whole area was financially falling apart then. Now that area has been picking up and they even opened an arcade themed bar/lounge filled with retro cabs and consoles. But no star trek news as of yet,
http://www.insertcoinslv.com/

This comment was edited on May 25, 2011, 14:49.

News Comments > New Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Plans
2. Re: New Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Plans May 25, 2011, 13:19 Halo

On towel day too...  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
6. Re: Evening Consolidation May 25, 2011, 10:00 Halo

Tom wrote on May 25, 2011, 01:31:
The Witcher 2 contains the following directory in plain sight:
CookedPC\sounds\x360\

Pretty sure you can guess what the x360 stands for.

The Samsung x360 laptop?

News Comments > Evening Previews
4. Re: Evening Previews May 24, 2011, 10:10 Halo

I think I'll replay System Shock 2...  

News Comments > ARMA 3 Announced
5. Re: ARMA 3 Announced May 19, 2011, 11:53 Halo

Darks wrote on May 19, 2011, 11:42:
Wildone wrote on May 19, 2011, 11:28:
hell yea. now improve on each of the vehicles weapon systems so its a little less arcadey, more than 1 motion to find and lock onto an enemy ect give it a tad more realism, as its already half way there.

Sorry, but realism sucks in games. What is so fun about playing a game and getting shot one time just so you can die without even firing one shot off? Oh yea thatís a lot of fun. Not hardly!!! Realism does not work well in games; the AI is not hindered by aiming or always knowing where you are in the game. There is nothing fun about dying constantly because the AI has their magical crystal ball of where the player is at all times.

Right... but when a games main focus is being a realistic infantry sim you kind of need realism.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
16. Re: Morning Consolidation May 18, 2011, 00:25 Halo

Some times people like a game enough to play it multiple times.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Morning Consolidation May 17, 2011, 14:22 Halo

I swear to some ones god if I have to read one more person bitch that it's not GTA 1947... How long did these people have to read about the focus of this game? How long have we known it's not R* making the game but Team Bondi?  

News Comments > Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No
3. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 16, 2011, 12:50 Halo

McSterls wrote on May 16, 2011, 12:40:
I have a hard time watching gay scene's on HBO and Showtime

There's your double entendre

News Comments > Hitman Absolution Announced
12. Re: Hitman Absolution Announced May 10, 2011, 22:06 Halo

There's no problem that can't be solved by killing everybody involved

I'm glad to see this happening, I hope bullet holes or pain skins are brought back into the game though.

News Comments > Valve: Steam Good for Retail
24. Re: Valve: Steam Good for Retail May 10, 2011, 12:29 Halo

Yeah I always wait for games to go on sale before buying them, or I use credit card points and get new games that way.

Best thing about $60 AAA console games is that they produce millions of copies so in about 6 months the cost of said game used is about half the retail price.

News Comments > Steam and YouTube
15. Re: Steam and YouTube May 9, 2011, 17:05 Halo

DG wrote on May 9, 2011, 17:00:
I thought movie distributors were jumping over themselves to pull any movie clips partly because you only watch movies. You play games, watching a clip doesn't matter so much.

Presumably movie companies would want everyone to watch the trailers but they probably don't exactly spend a lot of time confirming what things are, plus to maximise the prominence of their own trailer (which they have control over) in the search.

Oh yeah and most gaming companies at least to pretend to be down with the kids or whatever; movie companies seem downright hostile towards their customers.

Also a trailer on youtube is laden with ads that fox gets paid for. By putting the trailer on your page that's lost revenue.

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine Interview
5. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine Interview May 9, 2011, 16:37 Halo

Vulkan wrote on May 9, 2011, 16:17:
StreetPreacher wrote on May 9, 2011, 13:56:
I think a 40K Space Marine would tell you that cover is for cowards.

Or: Space marines don't take cover, they *are* the cover.

Mounds of orks are cover.

11. Re: Steam and YouTube May 9, 2011, 16:23 Halo

Cave Johnson wrote on May 9, 2011, 16:08:
Halo wrote on May 9, 2011, 16:01:
Cave Johnson wrote on May 9, 2011, 15:58:
Isn't this a conflict of copyright laws? I mean on one hand you have publishers taking down videos and then on the other nothing happens. What's the deal?

Who said the videos are "pull-proof?"

Well for example I once uploaded the trailer for Avatar and that was pulled by 20th Century Fox, but footage from the Avatar video game wasn't pulled. Do game videos fall under a different copyright law than movies or music? Confused

Fox is notorious for pulling anything related to their movies. ANYTHING.

9. Re: Steam and YouTube May 9, 2011, 16:01 Halo

Cave Johnson wrote on May 9, 2011, 15:58:
Isn't this a conflict of copyright laws? I mean on one hand you have publishers taking down videos and then on the other nothing happens. What's the deal?

Who said the videos are "pull-proof?"

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: 25 ways IT will morph in 25 years May 9, 2011, 14:30 Halo

My job didn't exit 25 years ago, I wonder what will happen in that aspect of IT?  

News Comments > GTA5 Footage Leaked?
12. Re: GTA5 Footage Leaked? May 8, 2011, 20:52 Halo

xXBatmanXx wrote on May 8, 2011, 20:16:
Fion wrote on May 8, 2011, 19:38:
Well if it is true, I hope that they got the bugs worked out from the new engine. GTA IV was crazy buggy with some game breakers. I have yet to finish the game to this day because of bugs like disappearing environments and deformed terrain.

First however we need a PC version of LA Noire!

Really? Played through 2x on pc nd 2x on xbox 360 - never had a game breaker. Ran into some goofy things, but nothing I couldn't get around.

The biggest complaint was one of the later missions, getting to the warehouse was fine, battling through was fine, getting on the roof was fine, but jumping into the water from the helo and getting into the boat before they blew you up with rockets was infuriating!!!!!!!

The 360 gave me some problems, Like flying down a street making a hard turn then crashing into the back of a car because it didn't render yet was kind of annoying here and there.

976 Comments. 49 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo