Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Halo Breaker

Real Name Halo Breaker   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Halo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 6, 2001, 08:11
Total Comments 976 (Graduate)
User ID 11835

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Jul 15, 2011, 17:14 Halo

Silicon Avatar wrote on Jul 15, 2011, 16:52:
Westwood always gets credit for creating RTS but I remember some old games on the Mac that were basically RTS before Dune was ever made. Bolo comes to mind. It had basic resource gathering, a tank, a little dude you could send out, and base construction.

I loved Bolo, There were RTSs that were out in the 80s as well but Westwood made the genre popular. Dune II was out in 93 then in 95 Command and Conquer came out which exploded the genre.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > No Skyrim Demo Planned
13. Re: No Skyrim Demo Planned Jul 14, 2011, 11:17 Halo

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Jul 14, 2011, 11:02:
Ooooohhh so bitter!

I just hope I won't accidentily kill some enemy with the best armor and sword tier within the first minutes of the game, though... that sucks balls.

If the level scaling is still there you wont have to worry.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 14, 2011, 11:12 Halo

...and 60% of fat people plan to lose weight.

I agree with nin; most people will be upset and feel somewhat slighted by NF and initially want to quit, but to what? $100+ a month garbage? Sure there are some competitors right now but how many are as accessible as NF in your living room for most people?

It was inevitable when you factor in everything, such as growing competition willing to bid MUCH higher for the same media rights, broadband companies trying to tax internet traffic, movie industry trying to get their content back into their own control again.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 14, 2011, 11:01 Halo

nin wrote on Jul 14, 2011, 10:41:
L.A. Noire debuts at No.1 in Japan.

I have to admit, I was a little surprised by that one. Good news, though.

Yeah it is kind of a mystery how that happened... (wakka wakka)

News Comments > No Skyrim Demo Planned
6. Re: No Skyrim Demo Planned Jul 14, 2011, 10:58 Halo

baltar wrote on Jul 14, 2011, 10:47:
eh i'll just wait for the inevitable leak.

It already has from what I've read.

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Demo
11. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Demo Jun 21, 2011, 13:50 Halo

I reinstalled D3D instead.  

News Comments > QUAKE "Reboot" Possible
17. Re: QUAKE Jun 17, 2011, 12:20 Halo

Beamer wrote on Jun 17, 2011, 12:11:
I agree on plot and coherence, but no atmosphere? I strongly disagree.

You're 100% correct, I misspoke and should have clarified. What I meant goes back to coherence - the atmosphere was just one of dread. Nothing specific to Quake. It was there, which made the game fun, but it wasn't distinct to Quake.

Part of it came from the darkness, part from the sound, and part from the emptiness. Quake was a very empty game, as were most from back then. You'd have eerie times of walking through a part of a level you cleared trying to figure out where to go next. No enemies to fight, as you'd killed them, but the knowledge that one may be around the next corner if you missed him the first time through, or in a closet (haha Doom 3), etc. It'd just be silence then (if I remember, which unfortunately was a step back from the distant roars of Pinkie in Doom.)

You don't get that with modern game design.

probably due to this

http://furiousfanboys.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/BITmX.jpg

News Comments > Eurogamer Blacklisted By 2K?
16. Re: Eurogamer Blacklisted By 2K? Jun 16, 2011, 14:38 Halo

StingingVelvet wrote on Jun 16, 2011, 13:38:
Ray Marden wrote on Jun 16, 2011, 13:12:
Uhh...what gaming journalists?

Indeed.

Gaming "news" sites are just regurgitated press releases. Youtube videos are more helpful in deciding what to buy than reviews are. Gaming "journalism" is non-existent.

Euro gamer usually had lower ratings. I remember the old 1up.com came out pretty honest(sounding).

News Comments > Eurogamer Blacklisted By 2K?
11. Re: Eurogamer Blacklisted By 2K? Jun 16, 2011, 13:10 Halo

Oh no now they'll have to buy the game and give honest reviews! What will we do?!  

News Comments > BioWare Hacked
6. Re: BioWare Hacked Jun 16, 2011, 11:36 Halo

This is like putting convenience store robberies in the paper.  

News Comments > DNF Review Dust Up
49. Re: DNF Review Dust Up Jun 15, 2011, 12:58 Halo

I just reinstalled DN3d with Eduke/HRP/polymer renderer and I've having a blast...  

News Comments > Minecraft Sells 2.5M, Notch Interview
8. Re: Minecraft Sells 2.5M, Notch Interview Jun 13, 2011, 22:42 Halo

Do people play Nethack to really get the amulet back?  

News Comments > Saint's Row: The Third in November
2. Re: Saint's Row: The Third in November Jun 10, 2011, 15:00 Halo

WyldKat wrote on Jun 10, 2011, 14:50:
Looking forward to this. The last game was simply fantastic at open-world mayhem and customization. Hopefully this game expands upon the customization.

My only gripes were how arcadey the vehicles handled as well as their extremely simplistic damage models, hopefully that'll become closer to GTA4 which perfected the balance between realism and fun with its vehicle physics/damage.

Saints Row has always prided itself with being the lightly opposite of GTA. It wanted to be how you described in the second paragraph, a more nonsensical open world action game, and not a gritty Hollywood version.

News Comments > Hitman: Absolution E3 Trailer
7. Re: Hitman: Absolution E3 Trailer Jun 9, 2011, 18:06 Halo

Vazz wrote on Jun 9, 2011, 16:06:
I'm so sick of every game having cgi trailers. I must admit though, I watched this several times, it's pretty bad ass. But I'm a Hitman fanboy.

I'll take a trailer for what it really is; a quick glimpse into the story, general idea of what's going to happen, location, weapons, characters, new look maybe.

I'll wait for a online preview/review of the game before I post "The graphics are kind of lacking..." like most people post.

News Comments > Jagged Alliance: Back in Action In October
10. Re: Jagged Alliance: Back in Action In October Jun 8, 2011, 16:58 Halo

Dirwulf wrote on Jun 8, 2011, 15:03:
Mingus wrote on Jun 8, 2011, 14:20:
Hmm..innovative 'Plan and Go' system combining elements of RTS and turn based play?

This sounds like it may be a case of trying to please both RTS and turn based players without actually succeeding in either case.

Definitely taking a wait and see approach with this one. In the meantime, I will play the latest 1.13 mod release for JA2. Fun!

I think that means you will be planning your moves in advance, and then hit the "go" button and your moves play out in real time. The new game Frozen Synapse does the same thing.

That would be awful in the JA series, every merc is worth diamonds. It's probably real time with a pause button if I had to guess.

News Comments > Dead Island in September
5. Re: Dead Island in September Jun 6, 2011, 16:25 Halo

I hope it's better than Isle Of the Dead for DOS.  

News Comments > It Came from E3 2011, Part 0
10. Re: IT Came from E3 2011, Part 0 Jun 6, 2011, 14:01 Halo

I'm doubting but wishfully hoping for GTAV.  

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Demo
61. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Demo Jun 3, 2011, 17:59 Halo

FreonTrip wrote on Jun 3, 2011, 17:23:
Icewind wrote on Jun 3, 2011, 16:53:
I cancelled my pre-order. God this game is horrid.

First of all, what's up with the old and busted textures? Even on ultra these textures look so hideous.

Picture here

The small levels, the flashing orange aura over "interactive" items, the auto aim, the two weapon limit...WTF is this, Halo with a Duke Nukem skin applied?

I just saved myself 50 bucks and can instead go back to DOSbox and play Duke 3D again.

Thanks to gearbox for letting me know how bad it is so I don't have to waste money. This game is a disgrace.

Just so you know, eDuke32 will even keep you from having to run DOSBox. Just put it in your DN3D directory and prepare for OpenGL-accelerated vintage fun.

As for DNF... I'm still going to give it an honest chance.

Is there such a thing as a eWang or eBlood. I miss both those build gems.

News Comments > Carmageddon: Reincarnation Announced
28. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Announced Jun 1, 2011, 17:11 Halo

Jerykk wrote on Jun 1, 2011, 16:23:
CoD isn't any more shallow than any other vanilla DM multiplayer game.

I'm pretty sure that Quake has more depth, given that basic movement itself (strafe-jumping) has a pretty steep learning curve in and of itself. Add to that the fact that the weapons are unique and require different skillsets, the lack of regenerating health and the required memorization of pickup spawn points and respawn timers and you have a deathmatch experience that's deeper than CoD or any pseudorealistic military shooter.

Take a good Quake player, have him play CoD for the first time and he'll do pretty well. Take a good CoD player, have him play Quake for the first time and he'll get destroyed.

Rocket Arena, impact only.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 27, 2011, 17:27 Halo

China does make some of the most impressive rip offs of anything though.  

976 Comments. 49 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo