Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Halo Breaker

Real Name Halo Breaker   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Halo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 6, 2001, 08:11
Total Comments 976 (Graduate)
User ID 11835

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Staff Are Team Bondi's Largest Creditors
11. Re: Staff Are Team Bondi's Largest Creditors Oct 7, 2011, 12:56 Halo

AFAIK a verbal contract is as binding as a written. So even if you don't get your big return you should at least make sure to get your initial money back.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Unlock RAGE Hi-Rez Textures
10. Re: Unlock RAGE Hi-Rez Textures Oct 5, 2011, 15:40 Halo

That's funny I was told yesterday that ID knows my PC better than me.  

News Comments > New Arkham City Villain Revealed
7. Re: New Arkham City Villain Revealed Oct 5, 2011, 14:30 Halo

Cutter wrote on Oct 5, 2011, 11:40:
And I want to reiterate that I have zero interest in playing Catwoman. Banging her? Sure. Playing her? No. But seriously, I wish she was the DLC instead and we had Nightwing from the get-go.

Catwoman does gives me strange stirrings in my utility belt...

News Comments > Team Bondi Closing
14. Re: Team Bondi Closing Oct 5, 2011, 14:26 Halo

Ludomancer wrote on Oct 5, 2011, 12:22:
Halo wrote on Oct 5, 2011, 12:03:
This isn't such a bad thing. Adapt to the future of work, these kinds of jobs are changing so don't expect to stay planted down in one office. These types of employees should not have to relocate for work the internet is more than capable of meetings, emails, general updates. Do your work for game design, coding, art, what not and move onto a new company with a new game. Take your portfolio of work with you build a reputation. Just an idea, sorry to hear them closing.

Not that you're one of them, but that is precisely the perspective of the fools running these studios which try to make the developers swallow that bullshit as well. But here's the catch: there exists no reason, other than the greed and disrespect these people have for the art and their fellow humans, that you could not have a sustainable business in this industry. There is no need for layoffs, good working conditions are possible, and "crunch time" is a synonym for "bad management".

If you, as you recommend, simply "adapt" to this "future of work", then you are becoming willingly complacent to a system that exploits you.

Maybe you're not looking at what I mean. All these people could have an amazing job but they don't have to worry about moving anywhere. This guy was a total jackass and ruined their current work; right we know that... I'm talking about the future of these poor jobsless talented people.

Imagine No commute, no crappy desk, or packed lunch. A virtual office that costs nothing but payroll. Forget payroll let's look at ReCapthca and Wikipedia I mean they have millions of employees that work for free. You think I'm talking about exploitation?

But like I said looking at the globe as your workplace gives you access to more talent, and more choices for a larger work force. why not use it? Instead of looking for somebody who can relocate with everything they have and their whole family and their spouses job across the city, state, country, or world.

Take A look at the Game Devs association of Australia.
http://gdaa.com.au/

Most of those job listing are contract based or full time and are in Perth. Bondi is in Sydney; What's so wrong with these people doing their contract/ or full time work from Sydney? Do you really need to move across the country to type code? The only problem I see is the time distance.

I said I happened to like LA:N and don't want to see their talent disappear hence my whole future of work.

News Comments > Team Bondi Closing
5. Re: Team Bondi Closing Oct 5, 2011, 12:03 Halo

This isn't such a bad thing. Adapt to the future of work, these kinds of jobs are changing so don't expect to stay planted down in one office. These types of employees should not have to relocate for work the internet is more than capable of meetings, emails, general updates. Do your work for game design, coding, art, what not and move onto a new company with a new game. Take your portfolio of work with you build a reputation. Just an idea, sorry to hear them closing.  

News Comments > RAGE Reviews - PC Users Raging - ATI RAGE Drivers
31. Re: RAGE Reviews - PC Users Raging - ATI RAGE Drivers Oct 4, 2011, 12:06 Halo

Lorcin wrote on Oct 4, 2011, 11:57:
born2expire wrote on Oct 4, 2011, 11:34:
Really John Carmack, no graphic options? simply inexcusable, this needs to be patched ASAP.

To be fair if iD's stance that the game is watching what resources your PC has and automatically adjusting the GFX settings to maintain 60fps then fair enough. You don't buy an automatic car then strip down the gear box to change it's gearing.

Right because the amount of PC games with adjustable video settings is comparable to people wanting to regear a transmission.

News Comments > etc.
1. Wolf Oct 4, 2011, 11:00 Halo

That wolf 3d easter egg was great.  

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Oct 3, 2011, 21:58 Halo

I've been waiting a year for trinity to go on sale.  

News Comments > Notch: Mojang Offered "To Give Up the Trademark" for Scrolls
8. Re: Notch: Mojang Offered Oct 3, 2011, 21:52 Halo

Sepharo wrote on Oct 3, 2011, 21:45:
If true that really shakes up the perspective on this from both sides.

If he really offered to not trademark it and they wanted to sue anyway... wow.

Call it Skrolls and get over it.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 3, 2011, 18:28 Halo

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 3, 2011, 10:25:
Yeah, nothing like storing all your passwords and assets online for someone to hack/social-engineer into. Thats not a bad idea at all.. no really, not a security risk, and hey, its run by total security professionals... who won an award... at a.. get this, hacker conference.

Yes because having hackers award your sites security probably means it's not very good.

News Comments > On Football Manager 2012 Steam Activations
12. Re: On Football Manager 2012 Steam Activations Sep 28, 2011, 13:37 Halo

necrosis wrote on Sep 28, 2011, 13:29:
People are pissing and moaning over a one time activation? Do these fuckheads even play anything other than farmville on their PC's?

One time activation online is tame as shit compared to what else is out there. This whole thing is so stupid it makes my head hurt.

It was harder to pull out your manual turn to page X and find word 46

News Comments > Syndicate Reboot in February 2012
8. Re: Syndicate Reboot in February 2012 Sep 28, 2011, 11:37 Halo

I just reinstalled the original and sharpened up them old pixels.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 28, 2011, 10:14 Halo

"Android 'most popular' with smartphone buyers." Blue you missed the space between smart and phone.  

News Comments > Documentary Uses Arma2 for Fake Footage
17. Re: Documentary Uses Arma2 for Fake Footage Sep 27, 2011, 15:33 Halo

Hopefully ITV releases a ... patch  

News Comments > The Witcher 2 PC DLC Would Be Free, Version 2.0 Patch Notes
6. Re: The Witcher 2 PC DLC Would Be Free, Version 2.0 Patch Notes Sep 27, 2011, 13:02 Halo

Bhruic wrote on Sep 27, 2011, 12:44:
But on PC, once you buy our game, you donít need to worry about any additional costs Ė we will provide all updates, including those featuring new content, for free

Nice to see at least one company still remembers the "good old days".

Back when an expansion was almost an entire sequel.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Beta Graphics Analysis
5. Re: Battlefield 3 Beta Graphics Analysis Sep 27, 2011, 12:11 Halo

necrosis wrote on Sep 27, 2011, 10:17:
Their report is already lost on me because they seam to have considered Crysis 2's graphics on par with Crysis.

and answer the burning question of Can an Intel dual core laptop with AMD discrete GPU run BF3?
No the more buring question is can a i7 laptop with nVidia discrete GPU run BF3.

Crysis still looks top notch to me. C2 was a corridor shooter with buildings for walls =\

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Buggy in Steam Renegade Ops
10. Re: Half-Life 2 Buggy in Steam Renegade Ops Sep 26, 2011, 16:47 Halo

I want a new Location Strike game =\  

News Comments > Skyrim Race Abilities and Perk Trees
14. Re: Skyrim Race Abilities and Perk Trees Sep 26, 2011, 16:30 Halo

Lobster wrote on Sep 26, 2011, 16:19:
Is it really that big a deal to have to look at a loading screen now and then?

When you have to wait and load a 10x10 cabin to find nothing turn around and load again. And when the developer claims immersion and making use of todays technology online to still be using dx9 and the same tech with more addons from years ago.

So in other words yes.

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine Patch
20. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine Patch Sep 26, 2011, 01:02 Halo

My computer cant handle it so I just installed FAKK2 instead =\  

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: Pinball Fights to Survive in an 'Angry Birds' World. Sep 23, 2011, 14:38 Halo

Here In Vegas we have a pinball museum with 152 classic machines, still haven't made the trip there yet. =\

http://www.pinballmuseum.org/

976 Comments. 49 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo