Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Halo Breaker

Real Name Halo Breaker   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Halo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 6, 2001, 08:11
Total Comments 976 (Graduate)
User ID 11835

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Hitman: Absolution Commentary Trailer
11. Re: Hitman: Absolution Commentary Trailer Nov 4, 2011, 10:39 Halo

Jerykk wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 23:59:
Quboid wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 18:55:
Halo wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 13:57:
Glad that they explained a good amount of it. I was worried that the the game was always going to have this sense of hurry and run along to it.

I'm pleasantly surprised by this. I'm not expecting anything that can hold a candle to the previous Hitman games. This looks like Deus Ex: Human Revolution, but with disguises instead of a choice of augmentations, "instinct" being the one aug that's forced on you.

Why would you be pleasantly surprised by something that doesn't live up to the previous games that you enjoyed..? Not really sure how this is comparable to DX:HR, either. DX:HR is an RPG. This is a stealth game (or rather, it's supposed to be).

Anyway, I think the presentation is great. However, I'm not liking the obviously linear and scripted nature of this level, nor am I liking the new voice actor for 47. The previous games had highly scripted AI behavior too, except in those cases, the scripting occurred regardless of the player. In the Absolution demo, all the scripting is triggered by the player and wouldn't have happened otherwise. I sincerely hope that the demo is not representative of the entire game but I have a sinking feeling that it is.

I'm guessing who ever is chasing down 47 gets closer and closer as the missions go on and the "Run for your life" levels get harder and harder. So we should still have our regular oll 47 hit missions that I hope can be pulled off by not killing anybody but your target with a garrote and then escape quietly.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Battlefield 3 vs. Back Ops and MW2 Nov 3, 2011, 17:57 Halo

At least make it a full pay period for most people.  

News Comments > Yesterday Announced
13. Re: Yesterday Announced Nov 3, 2011, 17:23 Halo

Elessar wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 15:35:
This thread wins the "Most Posts Unrelated to the Article" award.

You have been missing the GTA V thread...

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Announcement
36. Re: Mithyatva Mohaniya Karma Nov 3, 2011, 14:25 Halo

Yeah I hope they bring back the owning of businesses and homes and what not. I really liked the idea of saving up enough dirty cash to have a business to get clean cash.

News Comments > Hitman: Absolution Commentary Trailer
1. Re: Hitman: Absolution Commentary Trailer Nov 3, 2011, 13:57 Halo

Glad that they explained a good amount of it. I was worried that the the game was always going to have this sense of hurry and run along to it.  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Announcement
19. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Announcement Nov 3, 2011, 12:27 Halo

Dmitri_M wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 11:59:
I hope the protagonist is a rapist.

Rape mini game.

Drive a rape van.

Ok I admit I'm bored with the criminal slant of the game.

Give us a crooked cop. Someone with the potential for good and bad actions. Playing an eastern euro gangsta cliche with all the cliched quirky sidekicks and sleazebags is too Michael Bay. Give us William Friedkin instead. To Live and Die in L.A. not Bad Boys.

He's wasn't a eastern euro gangsta, Did you even play the game? There were multiple times he explains his life and how he ended up killing people, the game also gives you plenty of opportunity to point the
moral compass of the character to good depending on who you killed.

GTAV seems to be more similar to Read Dead Redemption as in you're an ex criminal who wants to retire and get his life back and ends up having to do dirty work to get it.

This comment was edited on Nov 3, 2011, 12:34.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Trailer
20. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 2, 2011, 13:50 Halo

Bumpy wrote on Nov 2, 2011, 13:31:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 2, 2011, 13:21:
The presentation is top notch as usual but the graphics are a disappointment. I know the current gen consoles are incredibly limiting but I was still expecting more. I'm sure it will be a great game but nothing made me think "wow".

I just hope they don't fuck up the PC version, if it even gets one. They REALLY need to work to the strengths of the platform and look at DX11 support.

Yeah, not impressed either from what I saw. Looks like GTA4.35 to me.

Will every building be enter-able?
Will there be large amounts of interactive environment?
Will there be large amounts of destructible environment?

Why the hell would you want to enter every building? What could be so interesting in every building? I would rather them put time and money towards what you will see driving and running around the city and not waste it on interior decorating.

15. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 2, 2011, 13:31 Halo

Just remember IV was an entirely new engine so it was a huge surprise to finally see it in the trailer. Thinking of SA and then seeing IV was mind blowing. This looks like more of an evolution of the engine and not a whole new one, which is why it's lacking that OMGOMG feeling that the IV trailer had for some of us.  

1. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 2, 2011, 12:15 Halo

It's nice to see some green and sunshine back in GTA.  

News Comments > Consoles Became "Lead Platform" Late in BF3 Development
16. Re: Consoles Became Nov 1, 2011, 11:25 Halo

Techie714 wrote on Nov 1, 2011, 10:56:
Never said a thing about gameplay and the graphics aren't bad they are just average imo.

This is the most ludicrous statement I've read in awhile. Seriously? The graphics are "average"? You're crazy!

Graphics will always been targeted though. No matter what it is, hell you could have the monitor cut out and have them looking at real life and they would probably say "It's kinda dated."

News Comments > BlizzCon Hate-Speech Criticized
115. Re: BlizzCon Hate-Speech Criticized Oct 27, 2011, 18:54 Halo

The Horde is a bunch of straights and need to die!!!

Anybody offended?

News Comments > BlizzCon Hate-Speech Criticized
34. Re: BlizzCon Hate-Speech Criticized Oct 27, 2011, 13:02 Halo

Prez wrote on Oct 27, 2011, 12:51:
I have a gay sister. I have a gay friend. I am not outraged by his comments. My gay friend would think the whole thing was pretty funny, because unlike the primadonnas of the world, he has a sense of humor.

Just wanted to share.

I get offended that people think name calling is still offensive after high school.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 27, 2011, 10:14 Halo

Too bad it wasn't RichRaven...  

News Comments > Louis Castle Leaves Zynga
5. Re: Louis Castle Leaves Zynga Oct 26, 2011, 12:37 Halo

Creston wrote on Oct 26, 2011, 10:42:
5 day a week, 24/7...

Okay, Louis. Headscratch

Creston

It's so simple...
5 days a week AND July 24th which was a Sunday this year, typically not in his schedule.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Next Week
54. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Next Week Oct 25, 2011, 18:17 Halo

Huh? GTASAs representation of Vegas had both the Strip and Fremont street, dunno what the hell your talking about.

Actually yeah I don't know what the hell I'm talking about I remember it now...

48. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Next Week Oct 25, 2011, 17:50 Halo

Drezden wrote on Oct 25, 2011, 17:22:
Tanto Edge wrote on Oct 25, 2011, 16:17:
Where's this one taking place, anybody know?

To me, the look and design of the V just screams Vegas. As well as the font of the word Five, also seems redundant to spell out the word Five on the Romanumeral, so maybe the V is for Vegas.

Do I get points if I'm right?

There's a Triforce in the E maybe Hyrule?

But really the V has a club shape in the middle maybe it might be Vegas. The Vegas in SA was more like what is known as "down town Vegas" and not the big glitzy one you see on tv. Maybe they'll throw back to the gold old days when Vegas was run by the mob and mormons, probably not though.

39. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Next Week Oct 25, 2011, 16:31 Halo

Tanto Edge wrote on Oct 25, 2011, 16:17:
Where's this one taking place, anybody know?

Rumor is Hollywood

22. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Next Week Oct 25, 2011, 12:47 Halo

Just remember TakeTwo and Rockstar have been seen doing casting calls and auditions for different characters for a year or two now. I wonder how far along they really are...  

News Comments > Blizzard on Gold Sales
5. Re: Blizzard on Gold Sales Oct 21, 2011, 16:01 Halo

Yearly subs to WOW get Diablo III for free though, guess it almost paid off =\.  

News Comments > Syndicate Gameplay Trailer
25. Re: Syndicate Gameplay Trailer Oct 13, 2011, 17:16 Halo

So now that Cyberpunk is back maybe we can do System Shock 3? This looks fun but as usual it's not exactly what I expected.  

976 Comments. 49 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo