Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Halo Breaker

Real Name Halo Breaker   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Halo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 6, 2001, 08:11
Total Comments 976 (Graduate)
User ID 11835

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > WWII Online Welcome Back Event
4. Re: WWII Online Welcome Back Event Nov 19, 2011, 19:28 Halo

nin wrote on Nov 19, 2011, 19:15:

Had no idea this was still going on. And over 10 years, it looks like. That's right - these servers have been running WWII longer than the actual war took.

That's one of the most clever comments I've read today, kudos.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Jurassic Park Metacritic Boosting
34. Re: Jurassic Park Metacritic Boosting Nov 18, 2011, 18:06 Halo

Unless I know what I'm getting into, I'll always redbox a game for the weekend and figure out if I'm going to like it.  

News Comments > EVE Online: Crucible This Month
4. Re: EVE Online: Crucible This Month Nov 16, 2011, 17:14 Halo

This always worried me  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 16, 2011, 14:29 Halo

mag wrote on Nov 16, 2011, 14:16:
Kythlyn wrote on Nov 16, 2011, 11:04:
I'm going to practice glaring and shaking my fist angrily for when Zelda takes GOTY over Skyrim.

I'm far more interested in playing Zelda than in playing Skyrim...

I was going to say the same thing since I like and adventure with a degree of difficulty. Then I read the "Zelda 'can be played by five-year-olds'." article. Nevermind...

News Comments > Skyrim Sells 3.4M in 48 Hours?
55. Re: SINGLE PLAYER IS NOT DEAD. Nov 15, 2011, 16:56 Halo

jdreyer wrote on Nov 15, 2011, 15:08:
Put in the effort, provide outstanding value,spend more than the budget marketing, and sell millions of copies. Who knew?

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Saints Row: The Third
20. Re: Ships Ahoy - Saints Row: The Third Nov 15, 2011, 16:26 Halo

Cutter wrote on Nov 15, 2011, 14:18:
Phaint wrote on Nov 15, 2011, 13:58:
hmm, never played any of the Saints Row games as they just looked like GTA clones. I might check this game out since the feedback has been generally positive.

It's like GTA on acid. It's just totally over-the-top, isanely fun pandemonium.

What's funny to me is that it kind of has the GTA2 look to it. But yeah it does not take it'self serious. at all.

News Comments > Afterfall: Insanity Demo; Release Date
1. Re: Afterfall: Insanity Demo; Release Date Nov 15, 2011, 13:46 Halo

This game could use a little more polish...  

31. Re: Skyrim Sells 3.4M in 48 Hours? Nov 15, 2011, 12:06 Halo

wonkawonka wrote on Nov 15, 2011, 11:36:
Creston wrote on Nov 15, 2011, 11:27:
Btw, I HATE that they did loot the exact same way as in Oblivion. It's horseshit. Yes, the bandits aren't walking around in Daedric armor, but even so, it's fucking stupid that you can't find any decent loot when you're low level. Isn't that the whole POINT of exploring? That when I find a chest guarded by a puzzle and a Master lock, I get something decent when I open it? Rather than 14 fucking gold and a potion of fucking Stamina???

I'm with you on that. I did once manage to steal an elf bow, but I think it was a special case: it was in the display case of the earl or something like that. I can't think of any other RPG where I had to actually MAKE all my fucking armor and weapons because what I found isn't good enough to match it (and all at less than 20/100 smithing).

I gave up on Oblivion because of this. I like a game where there's risk and challenge. I traveled all the way across the map in a mountain area hoping I could stealth past a massive beast, WRONG it was just more skeletons and bandits and crap loot.

7. Re: Skyrim Sells 3.4M in 48 Hours? Nov 15, 2011, 10:38 Halo

How long before PC gamers demand a D11 patch?  

News Comments > No Always-on DRM in Assassin's Creed Revelations
27. Re: No Always-on DRM in Assassin's Creed Revelations Nov 10, 2011, 17:01 Halo

Pineapple Ferguson wrote on Nov 10, 2011, 16:48:
raVen wrote on Nov 10, 2011, 16:24:
MrGrosser wrote on Nov 10, 2011, 14:16:
Skyrim has been "out" for XBox360 for almost a couple of weeks now. 60hrs in to it and I don't think I'm half way through it. Too many quests and side quests!!! I'll revisit after taking Ezio through his final chapter.

"Nothing is true, Everything is permitted."

Nice, come into a thread about DRM and go on about how you're 60 hours into an unreleased game. If you were press or something I could see not getting mad about it, but seriously you're a dick.

It's not just that, but he's just gotta go out of his way, every time, in every thread to just casually bring up "Oh yeah, have I mentioned I pirated Skyrim for the 360?" We get it. Take it somewhere else for the sake of fuck.

Who really cares? Just add him to the ignore list.

News Comments > No Always-on DRM in Assassin's Creed Revelations
9. Re: No Always-on DRM in Assassin's Creed Revelations Nov 10, 2011, 13:38 Halo

Well now what are we supposed to complain about?  

News Comments > Skyrim to Offer "Infinite Quests"
37. Re: Skyrim to Offer Nov 9, 2011, 13:42 Halo

Beamer wrote on Nov 9, 2011, 13:06:
I can't think of a single example of fun procedural stuff. It always makes me think of SoF2 and how horrible its randomly generated maps were.

Yes, I know, X-COM was mostly random, but by the 30th or so UFO crash I want to poke my eyes out with a stick, and those games were about the combat, not exploration.
Yes, I know, NetHack, but comparing ascii with lots of fun items to a real world...

Wait, Diablo. Diablo worked. Sure, there was very little variation and sure, all the quests were preconstructed, but it was actually fun exploring those levels.

I love Procedural type games, even when it makes some embarrassing levels, I haven't seen a perfect one yet so i'm not expecting this game to finally do it. To name a few of my favorites:
Civilization, Darwinia, Spelunky, Dark Cloud II, Minecraft,Strange Adventures of Infinite Space, Dwarf Fortress, Star Control II, Xcom was a TBS from 94 sooo I'm not going to blame it's lack of scenery on the creators. Any rogue-like variant is going to have simple randomly generated dungeons and what not that's part of the idea behind them.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Reviews
12. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Reviews<br> The reviews are rolling in for <b>Call of Duty: Moder Nov 8, 2011, 16:22 Halo

jacobvandy wrote on Nov 8, 2011, 14:53:
coldcut wrote on Nov 8, 2011, 13:53:
Interesting, how most of the reviews show the exact same screenshots... Why is that? Too complicated to press the screenshot key/button during play? Ok, you actually had to play it for this to be possible...

These aren't PC reviews... Very few people have the special capture hardware you'd need to take screenshots from a console game, so they just use the ones provided by PR.

Out of all those sites I'm sure one has a video capture card.

News Comments > Op Ed
16. Re: Op Ed Nov 8, 2011, 12:45 Halo

I'll wait till they are dirt cheap then buy them, I maybe only buy 1 game a year on release. If something big comes out it's usually on all platforms so I Redbox it on my 360 and play it for two days and I can pretty much get my fix for the game.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Nov 8, 2011, 10:47 Halo

nin wrote on Nov 8, 2011, 10:44:
InBlack wrote on Nov 8, 2011, 10:34:
excuse me for a second... Puke

Anyone else sick of modern wahtever?

Saint's Row next week! Weeeeeeeeee!

I started playing 2 again just to get me all giddy.

News Comments > Skyrim DLC Will Be "More Substantial"
26. Re: Skyrim DLC Will Be Nov 8, 2011, 10:04 Halo

Dragon Armor.  

News Comments > PETA Germany Raps BF3
21. Re: PETA Germany Raps BF3 Nov 7, 2011, 17:29 Halo

Any donations to start a relief fund against the cruelty to rats in video games by adult males or S.C.A.M Safely Calming Adult Males. can paypal me a generous amount. I assure you this will go to research and public awareness.  

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Leaked Footage
2. Re: Mass Effect 3 Leaked Footage Nov 7, 2011, 11:14 Halo

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Nov 7, 2011, 10:59:
Okay. Have some faith coming back now, even though it's with the shitty console version.

Piracy killing the PC!! oh wait.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Skyrim
10. Re: Gone Gold - Skyrim Nov 4, 2011, 16:09 Halo

Verno wrote on Nov 4, 2011, 16:08:
I can't decide if I'm going to play this or Saints Row 3 that day

SR3.

News Comments > Anno 2070 Demo
1. Re: Anno 2070 Demo<br> A playable demo is now available for <b>Anno 2070</b>, Related Designs' upcom Nov 4, 2011, 10:53 Halo

Anno 2070 Demo
A playable demo is now available for Anno 2070, Related Designs' upcoming futuristic installment in the Anno/A.D. serie

I think the title could be a bit shorter.

976 Comments. 49 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo