Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Halo Breaker

Real Name Halo Breaker   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Halo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 6, 2001, 08:11
Total Comments 976 (Graduate)
User ID 11835

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Coupon Support
12. Re: Steam Coupon Support Dec 7, 2011, 11:56 Halo

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Dec 7, 2011, 11:53:
Found 298 Games with a value of $4632.03 USD

Ah, so that's where all my money went.

I cancel my previous statement "/

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Steam Coupon Support Dec 7, 2011, 11:44 Halo

Maybe it's because I have so many games on Steam that it cannot compute my libraries worth. Is there a Steam graphing calculator?  

6. Re: Steam Coupon Support Dec 7, 2011, 11:19 Halo

necrosis wrote on Dec 7, 2011, 10:50:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 7, 2011, 10:28:
http://www.steamcalculator.com/index.php
This is cool... to bad it does not work.

Doesn't work for me either,

Steam member since: 1970-01-01
0 games worth 0 dollars =\

News Comments > Torchlight 2 Interview
10. Re: Torchlight 2 Interview Dec 6, 2011, 18:04 Halo

Yakubs wrote on Dec 6, 2011, 17:46:
Gotta love gaming activists. Keep fighting the good fight against big bad Blizzard, guys.

If Diablo & II is a simpler played Rogue-like and D3 is supposed to be even simpler

News Comments > No Battlefield 3 VOIP Changes Today
31. Re: No Battlefield 3 VOIP Changes Today Dec 6, 2011, 16:40 Halo

Creston wrote on Dec 6, 2011, 16:21:
Cutter wrote on Dec 6, 2011, 11:29:
Parallax Abstraction wrote on Dec 6, 2011, 11:10:
InBlack wrote on Dec 6, 2011, 10:49:
Suck it up EA's bitches! Yeah!

(now back to Skyrim)

Yeah, cause Bethesda hasn't repeatedly spit in the faces of their customers either.

Only the PC players.

I think PS3 players have far, FAR bigger issues that the PC people do. Seeing as how their game simply will not play anymore after xx hours...

Creston

Just don't save.

News Comments > AVault for Sale
20. Re: AVault for Sale Dec 6, 2011, 10:39 Halo

I remember Avault I used to get all my demos there!
As of now I think all my gaming news is here, Rockpapershotgun, and
indiegames.com

Pretty much any other site was bought up by some other site and changed into a format that I reallllly did not like. Kotaku is okay It's kind of cool to have all the articles shrunk so that they can be skimmed quicker.

News Comments > New Epic IP Reveal Saturday
16. Re: New Epic IP Reveal Saturday Dec 6, 2011, 02:34 Halo

Don't forget if it scores below a 9 it's a attempt to ruin his online reviews, and if it doesn't sell on the PC it's because everybody pirated it.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
11. Re: Game Reviews Dec 5, 2011, 18:00 Halo

jacobvandy wrote on Dec 5, 2011, 16:42:
I agree that a game only gets a 10 if it's flawless. Skyrim might be the most fucking amazing game released this year, but it's got plenty of issues, so it doesn't deserve a perfect score.

I had a course with a grading scale similar to todays reviewing. Every five points was a letter grade, so anything below an 80 was an F. Which is how todays games Devs and publishers see it. It's like day care where everybody gets a gold star.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
42. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 5, 2011, 17:04 Halo

Beamer wrote on Dec 5, 2011, 16:50:
I'll give you draw distances, but I fail to see how the ability to tweak or having more graphics options improves gameplay. I also don't see how the ability to draw more objects changes anything when these games are going with the lowest common denominator and therefore have the same amount of objects drawn regardless of system. How many objects can theoretically be drawn is meaningless, only how many are drawn matters, and it's equal on all three.

Control precision only matters in a few games, FPS games not being amongst them. Yes, a mouser can beat a controller user, but if they're not competing then does that matter? Not really.

And yes, your office chair is less healthy than a couch. There are plenty of studies out there about how bad it is for the body to be upright all day long. On a couch you're reclined and your body is better supported.

Lastly, I'm not the one making claims about what is superior. I'm saying calling the PC a better "experience" is wrong. It's better graphically. Graphics are only part of the experience, and I'd argue not a major one. I still play plenty of X-COM and those graphics blow, yet I find the experience very rewarding. I'm not a graphics whore.

yeah having your saved games crash the game WHILE on a couch is a much better experience.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 4, 2011, 20:14 Halo

nin wrote on Dec 4, 2011, 19:18:
wtf_man wrote on Dec 4, 2011, 19:14:
That's what? 4-5 weeks for Skyrim? (Including a week or 2 of pre-orders)

Looks like Call of Duty: MW3 has shot it's wad. (Or was it Battlefield 3? I get them confused...pretty sure both were recent releases)

Almost give you hope, huh?

MW3 was my favorite point and click adventure of the year though!

News Comments > Notch Passes the Minecraft Torch
10. Re: Notch Passes the Minecraft Torch Dec 2, 2011, 14:10 Halo

Corporate taxes are also lower than personal taxes in Sweden.  

News Comments > Half-Life 3 Trolling?
23. Re: Half-Life 3 Trolling? Dec 2, 2011, 13:49 Halo

Somebody at a Local game developer meeting wore a shirt that he knew would get tons of attention? Must be true.  

News Comments > Aleph One 1.0 Released
1. Re: Aleph One 1.0 Released Dec 2, 2011, 11:34 Halo

Probably one of the best written FPSes I've ever played. My early mac days were filled with Marathon, Damage INC, and Prime Target. If they could get Prime Target playing on this I wouldn't go outside for a while.  

News Comments > Counter-Strike Global Offensive Beta Footage
35. Re: Counter-Strike Global Offensive Beta Footage Dec 1, 2011, 23:29 Halo

Sepharo wrote on Dec 1, 2011, 21:10:
Yosemite Sam wrote on Dec 1, 2011, 20:59:
His aim stays chest level almost the whole time.

Thats pretty much standred in CS. With recoil the first round will hit the chest and the second will be a headshot. If you get really good then you go for that first round to the head.

And if you get really really good and you play a frenetic deathmatch you discover a weird phenomenon where when using guns that don't kill in a single headshot you end up getting all of your kills robbed.

On sight immediate headshot 60-90dmg, milliseconds later an easy body shot by somebody else, kill is his everytime.
There's nothing you can do about it... except wait a fraction of a second and then get the single headshot kill. Ugh

This is called White People Problems.

News Comments > South Park: The Game Announced
4. Re: South Park: The Game Announced Dec 1, 2011, 21:10 Halo

Elf Shot The Food wrote on Dec 1, 2011, 21:06:
I'm still waiting for Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

http://www.hellokittyonline.com/

27. Re: Counter-Strike Global Offensive Beta Footage Dec 1, 2011, 17:44 Halo

Rossafur wrote on Dec 1, 2011, 17:38:
The video is of the PC version. On his Facebook page he talks about running it on "max settings" and changing the FOV. The mouse cursor being shown used in the radial menu, as well as someone typing "how do i open the console?" should also tip you off.

The Steam achievements too.

23. Re: Counter-Strike Global Offensive Beta Footage Dec 1, 2011, 17:30 Halo

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 1, 2011, 17:04:
Verno wrote on Dec 1, 2011, 16:23:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 1, 2011, 16:18:
Are you dense? You can say with a straight face that the MOVEMENT and LOOKING AROUND is by a MOUSE!? You sir....need some help. I believe the radial menu doens't have a cursor?????

AND - if that is a pc player, they have NEVER used a kb/m in their life! They can't even get a shot lined up to save their life. That is a canned ham controller right there...

A lot of those trailers are mocked up footage moving slowly on purpose so that the player can see the environment and follow the action though Batman, just keep that in mind. The UI in CS/CSS is no better, many people disable it and just do it by hand or plafy on a server that memorizes loadouts.

There is no way that guy is using a mouse to control turning. Way to rigid and 90 degree angles.

And if that is PC footage - it LOOKS LIKE SHIT!

Pluggin a 360 controller into a PC isn't exactly the hardest thing to do these days...
I also wouldn't use a youtube video to judge quality. it's just the latest build of source what kind of graphics were you expecting?

17. Re: Counter-Strike Global Offensive Beta Footage Dec 1, 2011, 16:21 Halo

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 1, 2011, 16:18:
descender wrote on Dec 1, 2011, 15:42:
Why is everyone saying this is console footage? The menu at the beginning of the video is 100% being controlled by a mouse and there are no console key indicators on the screen anywhere...

Are you dense? You can say with a straight face that the MOVEMENT and LOOKING AROUND is by a MOUSE!? You sir....need some help. I believe the radial menu doens't have a cursor?????

Looks PC to me, "so and so quit[disconnected by user]" is not a very console like command, nor is having a mouse select stuff on the menu. and ingame typing...

News Comments > Steam Daily Wishlist Giveaway - Terraria Sale
7. Re: Steam Daily Wishlist Giveaway - Terraria Sale Dec 1, 2011, 14:55 Halo

Awesome, I'll be starting this up again.  

976 Comments. 49 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo