Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Halo Breaker

Real Name Halo Breaker   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Halo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 6, 2001, 08:11
Total Comments 976 (Graduate)
User ID 11835

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Cobalt Friday?
14. Re: Cobalt Friday? Dec 13, 2011, 18:59 Halo

Beamer wrote on Dec 13, 2011, 17:54:
Halo wrote on Dec 13, 2011, 17:47:
As human beings it's hard to be a team or a company and really be independent. Once a "BOSS" is named you are no longer in control of your designs, sure you thought up and made your own model of a hero character to be used in a game, but when you have to present it and it's rejected because he doesn't look like a roided out space marine you are no longer freely working.

I would say that's the line, if you are a group of friends new or old who each made their own story, music, graphics, etc and coded it into a game as a whole you're an indie group. As soon as you have to report your ideas it's crossed the line of indie as your ideas are now guided and changed.

To me at least.

But even in a partnership ideas are now guided and changed. By your definition nothing is no longer indie at that point.
You make an obvious allusion to Epic, but no one tells Epic what to do. People in Epic are told what to do, but no one outside of Epic's walls has any influence on what they do and what they make. Same with Valve.

Does money and fan base count as an influence? This is a good conversation indeed...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Cobalt Friday?
11. Re: Cobalt Friday? Dec 13, 2011, 17:47 Halo

As human beings it's hard to be a team or a company and really be independent. Once a "BOSS" is named you are no longer in control of your designs, sure you thought up and made your own model of a hero character to be used in a game, but when you have to present it and it's rejected because he doesn't look like a roided out space marine you are no longer freely working.

I would say that's the line, if you are a group of friends new or old who each made their own story, music, graphics, etc and coded it into a game as a whole you're an indie group. As soon as you have to report your ideas it's crossed the line of indie as your ideas are now guided and changed.

To me at least.

News Comments > PC Alan Wake Plans?
12. Re: PC Alan Wake Plans? Dec 13, 2011, 11:49 Halo

Well it looks like they're Finnished  

News Comments > Skyrim Patched, LAA Support Coming
101. Re: Skyrim Patched, LAA Support Coming Dec 9, 2011, 21:56 Halo

Creston wrote on Dec 9, 2011, 20:13:
Halo wrote on Dec 9, 2011, 14:29:
I think we could nitpick Skyrim into oblivion here, I wish they would fix the inventory every time I change weapons it makes my daggerfall while in the arena. Hopefully Bethesda catches morrowind of these faults before there's a major fallout.

Please don't repost RPS' comments here.

Creston
but but but they're the best!

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 9, 2011, 18:07 Halo

I feel terrible for them but being held hostage by a crazy person with a gun in a police standoff isn't exactly a prediction as much as a it was a possible outcome.  

News Comments > Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock Revealed
4. Re: Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock Revealed Dec 9, 2011, 17:02 Halo

He said they are making it in FHD, so that must be the mandatory resolution for the devs workstations.  

News Comments > Unrated Postal III by Christmas
15. Re: Unrated Postal III by Christmas Dec 9, 2011, 15:04 Halo

Also the fact that it states clearly in the article that their website is the only place to get a boxed hardcopy of the unrated game. Makes me wonder if that copy needs steam to run...  

News Comments > Skyrim Patched, LAA Support Coming
97. Re: Skyrim Patched, LAA Support Coming Dec 9, 2011, 14:29 Halo

I think we could nitpick Skyrim into oblivion here, I wish they would fix the inventory every time I change weapons it makes my daggerfall while in the arena. Hopefully Bethesda catches morrowind of these faults before there's a major fallout.  

News Comments > GSC Game World Closing?
18. Re: GSC Game World Closing? Dec 9, 2011, 14:18 Halo

Okay is anybody else wondering why they were in danger of law enforcement seizing the company and assets?  

News Comments > Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock Revealed
2. Re: Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock Revealed Dec 9, 2011, 13:40 Halo

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 9, 2011, 12:59:
"The Eternity Clock is being created in full high definition"

Yeah, this website here is also full high definition... god i hate PR speak

That's actually the specific name for 1920x1080 FHD resolution.

6. Re: Unrated Postal III by Christmas Dec 9, 2011, 11:35 Halo

nin wrote on Dec 9, 2011, 11:29:
Acleacius wrote on Dec 9, 2011, 11:24:
Can't believe they're not using Steam.

They're on steam. Or do you mean steamworks with achievements and the like?

edit:
Just a bunch of guys making games. No stock holders, no quotas, no corporate

Don't forget "no talent"!

Compared to some of the games today that are FILLED with high quality talent that are still awful.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 9, 2011, 11:33 Halo

I still cant understand why I would pay money for a service that charges you for everything available. To me it's like paying for cable then having to buy the episodes you want to watch. Multiplayer? I have a pc for that and it's free and there's always people playing old games and not just the top 5 that are out.  

3. Re: Unrated Postal III by Christmas Dec 9, 2011, 11:25 Halo

Just a bunch of guys making games. No stock holders, no quotas, no corporate BS; good for them. They probably made a good amount of money off licensed kids games back in the day and knew how to manage money. I would think the first postal might have done well too due to it's shock value at the time.  

News Comments > On Sale
8. Re: On Sale Dec 9, 2011, 10:15 Halo

Death to spies is pretty fun if you like the Hitman series. One small yet significant difference though is you cannot take the clothes from an enemy you've shot or blown up. Think about it if you're walking around in enemy clothes with bullet holes and blood all over them you might draw attention. I'm not sure if head shots are okay though =\  

News Comments > Valve Book
10. Re: Valve Book Dec 8, 2011, 15:51 Halo

nin wrote on Dec 8, 2011, 15:30:
I wish I'd gotten a couple or more because that Half-Life Raising the bar book has become a rare collectable selling for $130+.

That was a great book, I still have mine. I loved the section where they show the real people they based the various characters off of.

That title is awesome!

News Comments > Cargasm HD Crowdsourcing
5. Re: Cargasm HD Crowdsourcing Dec 8, 2011, 15:30 Halo

Yeah it came off harsh, I'm just upset over this whole sponsor a game scene that is all over the indie world. I love indie games but don't want to see them all fall into a world where they won't release or work on a game until we make X dollars.

And I bought a piece of stock for 7 dollars and I get letters written to my house as an investor, that's why I think anyone would be called that. It's really just a name, and if the made a million I would get a .00005 return lol.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Dec 8, 2011, 12:23 Halo

I liked the if X was made today series. It really nails them down, I preferred the if Quake was made today better. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1ZtBCpo0eU  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Crysis 2 Wins Big At German Game Developer Awards 2011. Dec 8, 2011, 12:12 Halo

Really, that's their list of winners? Where can I see the nominees?  

News Comments > Cargasm HD Crowdsourcing
1. Re: Cargasm HD Crowdsourcing Dec 8, 2011, 12:06 Halo

This is not crowdsourcing it's crowdfunding AKA begging for money. I'm not liking this idea of being an investor in software with nothing real in return. Sure it's fun to help out a game that you discovered that looks like your kind of thing but this whole slew of websites coming out with a "support these indie devs with microfunds" BS is driving me nuts. Good business for them they make 5% and paypal makes 2.9%.

Now I might seem a little bitter but come on, If I'm going to take my money and be a partner in a business I want a return. Especially when you're asking for 25 grand. If you need 25 grand to get your project rolling I hope you're starting a restaurant or small biz and not making a "photo realistic racing game" that has screen shots of the game that looks like the Journeyman Project.

I need some coffee

News Comments > Serious Sam 3: BFE vs Pirates
13. Re: Serious Sam 3: BFE vs Pirates Dec 8, 2011, 10:36 Halo

I remember for the Batman AA DRM there was a spot in a gas filled area where your cape glide wouldn't work. So people just changed the Ureal config to remove gravity, soar over the gas and continue the game.  

976 Comments. 49 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo