Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pat Fitzsimons

Real Name Pat Fitzsimons   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname BadKarma
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.planetunreal.com/utbuilder
Signed On Dec 5, 2001, 04:12
Total Comments 4 (Suspect)
User ID 11826

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Medal of Honor SP Demo
173. how cool is this Jan 2, 2002, 20:57 BadKarma

Selling demo&#8217;s, illegal postings, what will be next, good games being released, well we will see.

Ea should come out of this with a lot of hype for the game, and if any one plays the demo and give them a bad review, they can just say that it was not official and not finished yet, god knows why it was being sold in the first place, talk about desperate for money.

All of this was either a masterstroke by ea or someone in the marketing dept needs one or two bits of anatomy chopping off.

Oh well roll on 2002, what other wonders have you install for us.

BK

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Return to Castle Whatsis
72. Castle wolfenstien, or is it just castle Dec 11, 2001, 18:45 BadKarma

Banning nazi symbols is the choice of the German people, but understand this. You can ban a symbol, stop public support for such organisations, but this will never stop them from existing, in fact banning something like this usually has the opposite effect, people are easily drawn to secret societies. .

You cannot change the past, but you can change the future, but that means not hiding from it, embracing it and coming to terms with the actions of those who have gone before us. We do this by allowing free speech; by allowing all sides to say what they believe is right. We will never have a free society until we allow all parts of it a voice.

My personal belief is that people who insight racial hatred should have certain parts of their anatomy removed if they themselves cause physical harm or insight someone into physical harm, but I would never want the government to quiet their voice, freedom of speech is the only thing we have left and once we start taking away those rights from the worst of us, it wonít be long before the best of us loose those rights to.

We have seen how people can easily bend the truth, take the movie u571, in it the Americans captured the enigma code, this film is a terrible and shameful injustice to those people who really risked their lives to capture it. I wonder how many Americans watched that film and believe it to be true. So I wonder how many German people face up to the war when all reference to it in Germany is disappearing.

I firmly believe that the game should not have been released at all in Germany if they thought it would cause offence, and by changing everything and abiding by the laws of Germany I can only think this to be true.

The only reason they have for doing this is money, I have nothing against that, but its seems like they can give the rest of the world the nazi hun, but not Germany, kinda makes you feel cheap doesnít it. why didn' they just do what they are doing for the germans for all of us, we could have taken on the wolves' or did they know it would sell better with a nazi symbol to shoot at.

In finishing, its just a game, get over it, or we might as well stop reading books, watching television, playing computer games or going to the cinema, because I guarantee you, all of the above create things that someone finds offensive.

BK

Utbuilder

News Comments > Games & Violence Story
181. Re: shoulder the blame Dec 7, 2001, 04:45 BadKarma

Please donít bring Ireland into this, simply for two reasons. This is a discussion on violence and video games and that people believe or certainly like to hype the fact that a boy shot his brother re-enacting a video game.

Secondly, Ireland is about terrorist action, and I would hate to bring up the fact that Americans have supported the IRA for many years. They have a romantic notion about the struggle of the Irish against the terrible English. Well after Oklahoma and the tragic events n New York, you now see just how romantic terrorism is.

So back to the discussion, there are 250million handguns in the USA and 50% of households own a gun. Thatís 250million accidents just waiting to happen. And if you want to know what its like here in the uk, I live a great life knowing that the chances of me running into someone with a gun are next to nothing, while in the usa, how long before they wake up again the news of another school massacre.

The USA will always have gun problems; there is a little they can do about it. Those that own guns seem to have some weird fascination for keeping them.

Just for those people who think all guns used in crime and sold under the counter or bought illegally. Recently, 70,0000 legally sold guns we kept track of, 50,000 of them were used in crimes, or some sort of accident occurred.

Your second amendment should read, you have the right to bear arms, oh and you have the right to watch your kids shoot each other, you have the right to shoot each other in trivial disputes, you have the right to go to high school and gun down several dozen class mates, you have the right to take another human beings life, if you just dam well feel like it.

Americans keep telling us thatís it the greatest country to live in the world, if thatís true, why do you feel all so insecure that you have to own weapons and even have it written into your constitution and made law in order to live there safely.

BK

News Comments > Games & Violence Story
158. shoulder the blame Dec 4, 2001, 23:37 BadKarma

I have to say that I am sick of this ďguns donít kill people, people kill people crap. If the boy had no access to firearms this would not have happened period.

I am glad that we do no live under the rule of the gun here in the uk.

I was burgled several years ago and unluckily for the burglar I was in, the police picked up what was left of him. Now if guns were so easily available and we both had one, instead of him ending up with some bruising, one of us would probably be dead.

I attended an sg3 convention a few weeks ago in London and whilst out of the hotel, two people attempted to mug me, once again I was able to deal with the problem quite easily, and I feel if anyone had a gun someone would be dead.

As for the argument that video games make people violent I would have to say the opposite was true.

I have studied every from of unarmed combat known to man for the past 24 years, and had to face violence on numerous occasions. I have being playing video games since the days of pong.

I havenít hit anyone in anger, well I just donít remember the last time, and I think there are two reasons for this.

The first is, I understand that I am violent, every one is violent or likes violence in some form or other, we spend out lives telling our children and the whole of society that violence is wrong and yet it is deeply rooted into our way of life. I donít buy into it and know that when I feel violent that there is nothing wrong with this, it our nature to be violent.

The second is, when I feel violent I accept it and turn on my pc and blow away anything that moves, I can commit mass murder and even destroy whole civilisations of aliens. But not a single person gets hurt in this imaginary world. When I am done, I turn off my pc and re-enter society knowing that I have had my violent fix and can get through the rest of my day without hurting a soul.

Remember, life is about choices, we choose to buy guns, we choose to allow access to our children, we choose to let them shoot each other, we choose to kill our neighbour, we choose to kill our friends.

Just as the devil didnít make anyone do it, nor do video games, we are already born killers, its in our genes, its one of the most basics instincts we have. So people cut the crap, accept we are violent, stop blaming movies, games, television, books, music and so on. Show some backbone and shoulder the responsibly for your actions and move on.

Pat-Bad karma-Fitzsimons

Just a simple thought, for all the bleeding heart politicians in every country who take up this battle against video games and other media.

How many children whose killing were directly related to video games and tv were there in your county last year, and how many children were starved, prostituted, murdered and raped in your country, what about their lives, what about saving a few of them.

4 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo