Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for wolve

Real Name wolve   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 21, 1999, 19:12
Total Comments 130 (Novice)
User ID 1182

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

News Comments > More on World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King
24. Re: Northrend Aug 3, 2007, 00:19 wolve

You mean like StarCraft 2?
Screw Starcraft 2... I want Starcraft Ghost!
Well, I'll take SC2 as a consolation prize.

This comment was edited on Aug 3, 00:21.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gears of War for XP & Vista
41. Re: GFW Live Still a POS? Jul 12, 2007, 12:16 wolve

Of course it does. It is the publisher NOT the developer who makes that determination because the publisher is paying for the game's development. If Microsoft insists that the game use Live, then guess what? It WILL use Live.
Based on your logic, whatever Epic stated in the past regarding their stance on GFW Live is irrelevant simply because Gears is a MS Published title. Alright, fine.

I can also argue that MS could have chosen another development studio to port Gears to PC. I doubt MS is pointing a gun at Epic and forcing them to work on the PC version. It seems to me that Epic is purposely STFU on the whole GFW Live mess because in the end it's all about business and making money.

As someone else said to me, it's up to gamers to vote with their wallets. I don't know how other gamers feel, but I'm very hesitant to buy any PC game that uses GFW Live.
This comment was edited on Jul 12, 12:18.

39. Re: GFW Live Still a POS? Jul 11, 2007, 18:01 wolve

I have a question. The entire Games for Windows Live, is that something extra you have to pay for? And if a game has it does that mean there is no other way of playing online?
Like Xbox Live, there's two levels of membership. Silver membership is free and lets you play multiplayer against other PC users. Gold level costs $ and is required for multiplayer across PC and X360, matchmaking with friends and some other extras. And anything that MS charges for they won't allow 3rd parties to provide for free.

Generally, I would say any game supporting GFW Live would only allow multiplayer thru GFW Live.

38. Re: GFW Live Still a POS? Jul 11, 2007, 17:49 wolve

iirc, Epic was slamming GFW for its originally intended Vista only agenda. Allowing the games to target XP as well makes it pretty much a non issue.
That's part of the whole issue. Epic also didn't like the fact that MS has been trying to "re-invent the wheel" with in-game voice chat and server browsing on the PC. The 1up podcast from a few months ago has the details.

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3149993 (4/06/07 podcast)

I guess it remains to be seen how much Gears integrates with GFW Live. I also still have doubts GFW Live is coming to WinXP. I want to see a press release about WinXP support.

After today's PS3 UT3 announcement about it supporting mods and multiplayer with PC users, then it's safe to conclude UT3 won't support GFW Live (thank goodness).
This comment was edited on Jul 11, 18:23.

34. Re: GFW Live Still a POS? Jul 11, 2007, 17:03 wolve

This announcement also contradicts what Epic has said before about their opinions on GFW Live (see link below).

------
Actually it doesn't because this game is a Microsoft published title. Did you really expect Microsoft not to include its own multiplayer system in its own game?

Now if UT3 requires Live you will be right, but I can't imagine that happening especially since UT3 is not Windows and 360 exclusive.
Of course I'm not shocked that Gears on PC will use GFW Live. But Gears being a MS published title doesn't disprove my point. Epic has gone on record before saying they wouldn't support GFW Live in it's current state. And last I checked, Epic is the developer Gears, not MS. So Epic has either contradicted themselves or significant changes are coming soon for GFW Live (I hope the latter).

In terms of UT 3, I bet it will use GFW Live on PC (and of course XB Live on X360 and likely Home on PS3).
This comment was edited on Jul 11, 17:04.

26. GFW Live Still a POS? Jul 11, 2007, 14:08 wolve

Even if this announcement confirms GFW Live is coming to WinXP, I still have reservations about buying any game that supports the system. GFW Live is a joke compared to Xbox Live. Unless MS completely overhauls GFW Live, playing multiplayer Gears of War on the PC will be a pain the ass.

Here's a couple links that cover the reasons why GFW Live is horrible in it's current state.
- http://hushedcasket.com/node/2024
- http://www.dailygame.net/news/archives/006350.php

This announcement also contradicts what Epic has said before about their opinions on GFW Live (see link below). Why the change in heart? Did MS offer a sweat deal, or is there something they aren't telling us about GFW Live? I can only hope it's the latter.

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5157&Itemid=2

News Comments > ETQW Beta for Free Accounts
60. Re: No subject Jun 24, 2007, 16:08 wolve

youd think theyd have the bandwidth to handle this kind of shit

youd be wrong
No kidding... anyone remember when they were doing the original WoW stress test? Man that was chaos.

Anyways, I managed to score a ET:QW beta key.

News Comments > UT2007 PC First & Demo Plans
67. Re: No subject Jan 3, 2006, 02:44 wolve

This is true. I briefly considered trying to track down a XBOX 360 but I quickly realized that if I was going to get any enjoyment out of it I was going to need something better than the 13" TV/VCR combo I have sitting in my dorm room. I then decided to investigate how much it would cost to get a 30ish-inch TV with HD capability. The answer? At least $800. That ain't happening anytime soon. I then had the idea of using my monitor but to a component to DVI signal convertor costs about $300. Again well outside of what I'm willing to spend. If I'm ever gonna get a 360 it's going to cost a whole lot more than $400.
Um, there are VGA HD AV cables that allow one to connect the Xbox 360 to a monitor without the need of component to DVI converter. You just need a VGA -> DVI converter in addition to the 360 VGA cable.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000B6MLTG?v=glance

News Comments > DOOM Movie Mania
10. Zzzzzz... Jul 27, 2005, 11:23 wolve

I smell a colossal bomb. And I have to agree with others that this looks a lot like Resident Evil. Without the whole portal from Hell theme, it's just not DOOM.

This comment was edited on Jul 27, 11:24.

News Comments > Age of Empires III Announced
2. Re: No subject Jan 4, 2005, 23:06 wolve

Well at least the screenies are pretty.

News Comments > WoW Final Stress Test on FP
24. Re: No subject Nov 1, 2004, 21:49 wolve

wtf, can someone tell me why the price keeps changing?

It doesn't keep changing. Read for gods sake. FilePlanet costs $7.90 to suscribe for 1 month, $15.90 for 3 months, and $59.95 for a whole year.

This comment was edited on Nov 1, 21:50.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - DOOM 3
239. EBgames.com Aug 4, 2004, 02:06 wolve

Yay, EBgames.com is finally shipping Doom 3. I was hoping they would ship on Monday, but i'm just glad to have a tracking # right now.

News Comments > DOOM 3 Midnight Madness
67. Breaking street Aug 2, 2004, 22:36 wolve

Electronic's Boutique and a bunch of other retail stores are already putting the game on shelves, but my EBgames.com order still hasn't shipped. God dammit this sucks. I figured EB would ship to their online customers first, but noooooo...

Anyways, I'm just whining.

News Comments > GameSpy & DMCA Follow-up
18. And the worst part.... Nov 12, 2003, 22:50 wolve

I think the worst part of this whole mess is that fact that half the games developed these days that have multiplayer support use Gamespy technology. :p

This comment was edited on Nov 12, 22:51.

News Comments > LotR: Return of the King Demo
6. Whoa Sep 21, 2003, 12:11 wolve

A demo that's under 100 MB? Shocking...

News Comments > New Steam Client
62. FYI Sep 13, 2003, 02:42 wolve

The necessary files to play HL & CS via Steam are now available on filerush.com thru BT.

http://www.filerush.com/torrents/Steam-HL.and.CS.Install.Files.rar.torrent

News Comments > Sunday Q&As
12. Re: hmmmm Jul 22, 2003, 03:24 wolve

Yay, more Halo bashing. I can't wait til this comes out simply so you wankers can find some other game to bash, since your repetetive criticisms are getting tiresome.
Preach on brother! I'm tired of this bashing too. Jeebus, some people need something more constructive to do with their time.

News Comments > Tech Bits
6. Re: FTC Jun 13, 2003, 03:52 wolve

That FTC article is basically a repeat from yesterday.

Same issue, different source..
Uhg, now that really proves the Tech Bits section is getting to big for it's own good. No offense to Mike Martinez and Blue, but if I wanted to read this kinda stuff I'd just hit up News.com, Wired.com and CNN Technology myself. A few links are cool, but I don't care to see a dozen links to various technology articles on a gaming site.

This comment was edited on Jun 13, 03:52.

News Comments > No Xbox Half-Life 2?
28. Re: No subject Jun 9, 2003, 13:26 wolve

I didn't know anybody was looking forward to Half-Life 2 anyway. It wouldn't be able to compete against Halo 2. That's probably why they aren't putting it on X-Box.
I'm very much anticipating HL2, although I'd still play it on PC even if a Xbox port would come out. And I think it could do quite well on the Xbox as long as it doesn't come out at the same time as Halo 2.

This comment was edited on Jun 9, 13:26.

News Comments > No Xbox Half-Life 2?
26. Re: haha Jun 9, 2003, 13:20 wolve

I'm probably part of the minority here, but I'm tired of people bashing MS and the Xbox. Either most of you are elitest PC gamers who don't give a rat's ass about consoles and/or despise MS.

I'm glad MS entered the console business. If it wasn't for MS, there wouldn't be as much competition in the market and console & game prices would be much higher.

130 Comments. 7 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo