Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Narf2029

Real Name Narf2029   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Narf2029
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 4, 2001, 03:12
Total Comments 1585 (Pro)
User ID 11815

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > More on The Sims 4
8. Re: More on The Sims 4 May 6, 2013, 17:10 Narf2029

Wildone wrote on May 6, 2013, 16:16:
Mutiplayer or pass

+1. If it doesn't offer multiplayer, what will it offer that Sims 3 can't already do? Looking better is not enough. You're not gonna find a hardcore, super-graphics-or-bust group of Sims players.

Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Sims 4 Announced
2. Re: The Sims 4 Announced May 6, 2013, 12:54 Narf2029

It got my wife to play other games, so it's good in my book. The way I figure though, if Sims 4 doesn't have a proper multiplayer feature, there's really no point to having it over Sims 3. I can't see it offering much else to differentiate it from Sims 3. Sims 3 may not have cutting edge photo-realistic graphics but its target audience doesn't care - what it has is certainly good enough. Other than that, it's pretty much Sims 2 with fewer loading screens and simpler mechanics.  

News Comments > Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon Sequel?
2. Re: Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon Sequel? May 5, 2013, 13:09 Narf2029

I'd love to see more of this myself. It was kind of short but for $15 my expectations of length were not too high. I very much enjoyed every minute of it.  

News Comments > Borderlands 2 "Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep" DLC in June
8. Re: Borderlands 2 May 3, 2013, 00:12 Narf2029

Dagnamit wrote on May 2, 2013, 23:30:
call me when single player mode isn't so damn tedious.

No shit. Multiplayer is a blast but in single player I'm just the guy who hides behind stuff until his turret recharges.

News Comments > Starbound Preorders Pass $1MM
1. Re: Starbound Preorders Pass $1MM Apr 30, 2013, 13:56 Narf2029

Good for them, really, but I'm gonna wait until I hear more about the removal of space stations in favor of personal spacecraft. That and a release date.  

News Comments > Starbound Preorders
25. Re: Starbound Preorders Apr 15, 2013, 02:45 Narf2029

I want this to be good, but the updates on the website are so infrequent it's hard to believe it will ever get done. The most notable change to the website last month was when the server failed. I don't know what's going on in their forum lately, but going by the website's extreme quiet and the release being delayed from last year, I can't help but be afraid that forum users are cobbling together their own idea of how they think the game should be, while the game is no doubt shaping into what it will be. I don't look in their forum much anymore since I basically lost hope that the game would ever get finished - now I try to stay away to avoid having such preconceptions - but last time I looked their forum userbase was very excitable and very imaginative. A niche game like this isn't going to survive the hype machine those people could very easily create for themselves, if they haven't already.

edit: Yes, they have a "progress" roadmap, but the only thing I take away from that is that they delayed for at least 8 months because they were "willing to take the extra time to get things JUST right," and today they still have a ton of things left to do.

This comment was edited on Apr 15, 2013, 02:52.

News Comments > Steam and DRM-Free Shadowrun Returns in June
40. Re: Steam and DRM-Free Shadowrun Returns in June Apr 10, 2013, 15:13 Narf2029

I own over 100 titles in Steam. I've played most of them a ton. One day Valve might indeed decide to sell Steam, or become a worse publisher, or whatever. I think selling Steam is unlikely since Steam makes money hand over fist for them - Half Life 3 is approaching the development time of Duke Nukem Forever, and what has Valve themselves made and sold in the meantime? Not enough to keep the lights on that entire time, I'm sure. And I doubt they will become EA even gradually. Steam is successful because it does digital distribution right. It's a service with hundreds of games - literally everyone can find something on Steam that they'd want. The client is both useful and unobtrusive - I leave it on all the time not because I have to, but because it offers virtually no drop in system performance so why not?

Even if Steam did up and sell overnight or if Valve went home one Friday and came back Monday as some hideous beast that made EA look like the Red Cross, so what? I've more than gotten my money's worth out of everything I own on Steam. If Steam went poof in one day, I would go do something else. There is plenty to do, new and old. Always has been. And as well rounded as Steam is, there are a lot of new and old things to do that come from other digital or physical places. If Valve has any sense, they know that. Gamers are fickle. If someone scorns us we beat our chests and we curse and yell and throw things and insult mothers, but after that hour or two is over, we go do something else.

News Comments > Game Reviews
6. Re: Game Reviews Apr 8, 2013, 12:45 Narf2029

I remember reading somewhere on KSP's website that the price will increase as they get closer to the release version.  

News Comments > Guns of Icarus Online Linux Version
5. Re: Guns of Icarus Online Linux Version Feb 24, 2013, 08:13 Narf2029

The Half Elf wrote on Feb 24, 2013, 02:02:
Still want Co-Op Bridge Commander

http://www.artemis.eochu.com/

News Comments > CISPA Re-Proposed
1. Re: CISPA Re-Proposed Feb 18, 2013, 20:11 Narf2029

I see there's always federal money to be wasted.  

News Comments > Developer: Demos Kill Sales
27. Re: Developer: Demos Kill Sales Feb 12, 2013, 17:42 Narf2029

DEMOS KILL SALES: A demo of a shitty game lets people know it's shitty before they buy. Thus, less sales. Next!  

News Comments > ROAM If You Want To
16. Re: ROAM If You Want To Jan 30, 2013, 20:19 Narf2029

Screw it, $55 says I'm in.  

News Comments > ROAM If You Want To
15. Re: ROAM If You Want To Jan 30, 2013, 20:05 Narf2029

So if you get more than one beta key, do they all turn into full copies or just one of them?  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
11. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 22, 2013, 00:33 Narf2029

Don't knock it til you try it. It's surprisingly cathartic.  

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Double XP Weekend
10. Re: PlanetSide 2 Double XP Weekend Dec 8, 2012, 19:15 Narf2029

I haven't looked at all of them but the paid guns I've looked at aren't necessarily better than what is freely available. They all have some kind of tradeoff just like the free guns. The one assault rifle I did buy is more accurate and reloads faster than the free one, but it has lower capacity and much lower rate of fire. It all boils down to what you prefer in your gun. I value accurate shots and fast reloads over high capacity and a spray-and-pray mentality for most fighting so it made sense for me, but it puts me at a disadvantage in a close-range and target-rich environment - an area where the free gun is a far better option.  

News Comments > NCsoft Seattle "Realignment"
12. Re: More Big Picture Details Dec 5, 2012, 01:04 Narf2029

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 4, 2012, 23:53:
Narf - About being pissed about COH, how long do we really expect these to last?

Ultima Online is still running. Everquest is still running. I don't know about UO (edit: according to UO.com they just hit 15 years and they're still developing for it!) but EQ still gets updated. I don't expect an MMO to last forever but if it's still got 100k users and turns a profit consistently, why shut it down? I really doubt the combined user base of UO and EQ top 100k, yet on they go. Most of us former City players are only pissed off about the situation because the shutdown made no sense (not to mention that it was handled in a sudden and cruel way). If it had been losing money then yeah, that makes sense. It may not have been printing money WoW-style, but what does? If it barely saw any new development then yeah, shut it down, but the developers were days away from releasing another major content update when the news hit. And when I say the news hit, I mean the developers found out they were fired when they went to work one day and the building was locked. Who does that?

This comment was edited on Dec 5, 2012, 01:09.

News Comments > NCsoft Seattle "Realignment"
6. Re: NCsoft Seattle Dec 4, 2012, 22:03 Narf2029

From what I heard (which I heard during the final hours of City of Heroes, so take it with a grain of salt), GW2 is declining already. I also heard many people are quitting or being told to stay away because the devs are planning to make radical changes to gameplay already. Is either thing true? I have no idea, but enough people are saying it that maybe it's hurting NCSoft's bottom line whether it's true or not. I personally won't be getting GW2 unless it finds its way into my hands for free. I won't lie - I'm pretty pissed that City of Heroes was terminated and the last thing I'll do is give NCSoft any of my money again. GW2 was the only other game NCSoft has that I had any interest in, so now there is nothing. But, maybe that's for the best - they can keep their Asian-styled grindfests (since that seems to be all they are interested in making), and if that means they can't stay operational in North America, good riddance.  

News Comments > SOE on PlanetSide 2 in 2025
40. Re: SOE on PlanetSide 2 in 2025 Dec 2, 2012, 13:25 Narf2029

This is definitely a game where you have to work together. I tried going it with just my brother and we got largely hammered, especially because everyone else on TR that night must have had the same plan in mind, vs NC who totally had their shit together. They were handing it to us so bad it's like TR wasn't even there. With battles being so large scale you HAVE to work together on an equally large scale (which I think is a great element) or you'll just spend all night pissing in the wind.

I do agree that base caps are largely pointless. If one guy manages to get to a cap point for just a few minutes the point is captured. I think it'd be better if caps took like 20-30 minutes at their fastest to encourage longer and better planned battles.

News Comments > Star Citizen Grace Period
3. Re: Star Citizen Grace Period Nov 22, 2012, 01:12 Narf2029

If there is ship insurance like EVE, is there also PVP everywhere like EVE? I stay away from EVE for that reason - I work 60-70 hours a week so I'm not at all inclined to spend a week getting something only to lose it in 30 seconds to a gate camper. If Star Citizen has the same risk I'll have to give it a pass as well.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 22, 2012, 01:08 Narf2029

It's very telling how a publicly available upgrade copy of Win 8 is like 20 bucks, while a student-only discount upgrade copy of Win 7 is 60.  

1585 Comments. 80 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo