Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Narf2029

Real Name Narf2029   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Narf2029
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 4, 2001, 03:12
Total Comments 1572 (Pro)
User ID 11815

User comment history
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 Simultaneous PC/360 Release
13. Re: Mass Effect 2 Simultaneous PC/360 Release Aug 24, 2009, 20:51 Narf2029

If you like CRPGs, both are games you should not pass up.  
Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > More on Mass Effect Pinnacle Station DLC
6. Re: More on Mass Effect Pinnacle Station DLC Aug 24, 2009, 15:24 Narf2029

I enjoy it enough that I'm actually playing several characters through it again. I dunno if it got patched on Steam while I wasn't paying attention but I don't think I've crashed once this time through, which is what made me stop playing last time. Of course, Therum is still 3/4 jet black but I'm used to that now.

This comment was edited on Aug 24, 2009, 15:24.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Man-made organisms Aug 23, 2009, 17:31 Narf2029

All the backup batteries in the world do your internet connection no good if you use BPL.  

News Comments > C&C4 Subtitle: Tiberian Twilight
8. Re: C&C4 Subtitle: Tiberian Twilight Aug 21, 2009, 18:15 Narf2029

Yeah, somehow I think that despite how strange Tiberian Dusk would sound, it would sound better.  

News Comments > Into the Black?
1. Re: Into the Black? Aug 21, 2009, 18:14 Narf2029

Lucky bastard. Wish my dwindling battery could get on the internet when the power is out.  

News Comments > Livingstone: Used Games "No Benefit"
22. Re: Livingstone: Used Games Aug 20, 2009, 12:54 Narf2029

At the end of the day, does the average gamer care at all whether or not buying used games helps the developer? No. They care that the used copy they pick up costs less than the new one. Costs less - the important part. Maybe if big studios didn't have multimillion dollar budgets for their titles they wouldn't need to sell millions of units to break even, and used sales would hurt less. Or hell, if they didn't have multimillion dollar budgets maybe they could sell a game for less and directly cut into used sales a bit (like they'd ever lower their prices, ha). If customers want to resell their used game, good for them. That's going to happen. Nothing but the most draconian solutions will change that, and even then only for the worse.  

News Comments > On the Demise of Gamecock
3. Re: On the Demise of Gamecock Aug 15, 2009, 17:34 Narf2029

Some people just like to waste money that isn't theirs. I figure if investors still give money to that kind of person despite all history and indication, more power to him.  

News Comments > Bethesda: No Current Elder Scrolls 5 Plans, MMO? Maybe
15. Re: Bethesda: No Current Elder Scrolls 5 Plans, MMO? Maybe Aug 15, 2009, 17:32 Narf2029

I have to agree private servers would be great. The Elder Scrolls is a rich world with nuances and detail everywhere for those who would look, and if it could be shared privately it would be fantastic. Plus, we wouldn't have to watch people teabag every statue and dead enemy they find.  

News Comments > Gold - DDO Unlimited
6. Re: Gold - DDO Unlimited Aug 15, 2009, 02:01 Narf2029

Yeah, I don't really think CO and DDO are competing for exactly the same market share.  

News Comments > Lionhead Revolution Plans?
6. Re: Lionhead Revolution Plans? Aug 13, 2009, 19:24 Narf2029

But that's what's so funny about Che - so many people wear his picture and so few people know who he is, let alone what he did. It's the kind of funny you get when you see a woman with a Chinese tattoo that actually says cunt or something equally derogatory.  

News Comments > Legal Briefs
6. Re: Judge: Microsoft Can't Sell Word In Aug 13, 2009, 14:16 Narf2029

Our patent system is a joke. If you can come up with a confusing enough description, you can get anything patented in the United States. Word processing, gasoline refining, air filtration, air, trees, pavement, cities, dogs, cats, pants, anything. All you have to do is offer the Patent Office the correct mix of confusion and misdirection. This is an unfortunate side effect of having ordinary people interpret and assign rights to extraordinary ideas and inventions, but substitute "ordinary people" for "bureaucrats" and it becomes simply ridiculous.

This comment was edited on Aug 13, 2009, 14:19.

News Comments > ARMA II Operation Arrowhead Announced
12. Re: ARMA II Operation Arrowhead Announced Aug 13, 2009, 14:05 Narf2029

Did all these bugfixes in Resistance also get patched into the rest of it for free? I don't know either way but history tends to lead me toward no. I got the GOTY edition so I suppose I had all the fixes. In any case, fixing things while releasing expansions isn't winning them any new customers. Perhaps if it all worked to begin with, they wouldn't need to announce an expansion so soon in order to afford fixing their broken game, especially given that they've undoubtedly been working on this expansion since the game shipped and probably at the expense of fixing things.

Edit: Which raises another point - I stayed away from the original Flashpoint for a long time because of reading how buggy it was. They didn't hook my sale until I found the GOTY edition for $10, and even then it was an impulse buy. That is not a good way to ensure business success.

This comment was edited on Aug 13, 2009, 14:08.

News Comments > Dragon Rising LAN [Updated]
25. Re: 100 guys Aug 13, 2009, 14:01 Narf2029

No LAN? Excellent, another $50 saved. I still have the first Flashpoint, and to a lesser extent the first ArmA, to play on my home LAN.  

News Comments > Legal Briefs
2. Re: Legal Briefs Aug 12, 2009, 18:33 Narf2029

Only one music service can make them go legit: something that provides unlimited, permanent downloads, not just online streams. So why are such services so slow to get off the ground?

Gee, could it be because they want $2 a song and not $20 a month for people to grab everything under the sun and quit the service? As undesirable as current pricing models are, I don't see how an unlimited and permanent download service is a viable business model at all without contracts to keep people paying. Part of it is their wanting to stay filthy rich, and the other part is simply not wanting to be poor.

News Comments > Samsung Wants To Do Gamers a Solid
2. Re: Samsung Wants To Do Gamers a Solid Aug 12, 2009, 15:21 Narf2029

The claim of "faster game performance" is somewhat dubious, I think. If I understand correctly, game data is loaded into RAM as needed, so as long as a game precaches effectively the data you need should already be there.  

News Comments > Star Wars Galaxies Chapter 12 Details
3. Re: Star Wars Galaxies Chapter 12 Details Aug 12, 2009, 00:25 Narf2029

Perhaps because there's no subscription base left? Last time I played, I went for two entire hours before I saw another player.  

News Comments > Manual ARMA II Patch
17. Re: Manual ARMA II Patch Aug 7, 2009, 00:33 Narf2029

Alike or not, the comparisons will be inevitable and there are probably a lot of people who are only going to get one, especially given the economic climate. With the way ArmA2 is shaping up, BIS is not doing itself any favors.  

14. Re: Manual ARMA II Patch Aug 6, 2009, 18:59 Narf2029

If OFP2 is anything like ArmA2 (in theme, not in performance), BIS has all but given victory to Codemasters in their little competition.  

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Aug 6, 2009, 16:29 Narf2029

Wonder how many of these need OBSE. Sucks like crazy that the D2D version can't use OBSE. I can only imagine what I'm missing.  

11. Re: Manual ARMA II Patch Aug 6, 2009, 16:20 Narf2029

Then turn it off.

Why doesn't it work well to begin with? That's a basic expectation of any other game. Why not this one?

Also theres a good mod out already to replace the NVG effects.

Again, why doesn't it work well to begin with? Plenty of people like to thump on Bethesda for letting the mod community fix their games for them, so why is it acceptable here?

1572 Comments. 79 pages. Viewing page 36.
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo