Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Narf2029

Real Name Narf2029   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Narf2029
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 4, 2001, 03:12
Total Comments 1576 (Pro)
User ID 11815

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
26. Re: Op Ed Jul 1, 2013, 14:46 Narf2029

I definitely miss the social aspect of EQ. I had more friends in EQ than I've had in every following MMO I've played combined. Today, the average MMO player pitches a fit if post-combat recovery takes more than 30 seconds. In EQ you'd sit around for 5 or 10 minutes and you got to know your group members because there was nothing else to do, but it was almost always worth it. I got into a pick-up group a few days into EQ and ran with all of them (as much as schedules lined up, anyway) until the day I quit. Now you go to a game like WoW or GW2 and you'll team with a group of people one time for 15-20 minutes and never see any of them again, and that's almost become part of the way those games are played. Big zones filled with hundreds of people, nearly all of whom are doing their own thing essentially by themselves and who only run into each other when they happen to be doing the same thing at the same time.  
Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Jun 13, 2013, 23:01 Narf2029

nin wrote on Jun 13, 2013, 22:40:
Exactly! Some of them look like something I'd think of, but sometimes people do crazy stuff I never would have considered, and they're awesome, failure or no...

Results and satisfaction can change dramatically if you play when you're tired. You might find yourself making Soviet-style mistakes. "Awesome, got a guy in orbit. Now let's bring him back and... oh, oops. Sorry dude. Better think of a way to bring the next one back down."

News Comments > Dragon Age Inquisition Trailer
1. Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Trailer Jun 10, 2013, 20:45 Narf2029

creators of the critically acclaimed Mass Effect trilogy

I like how they leave out the part where they created the rest of Dragon Age, for fear of people thinking of Dragon Age 2.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
9. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jun 8, 2013, 16:27 Narf2029

I just figure Windows 8 is the latest skipped generation in the trend of skipping every other generation of Windows. One's great, the next sucks, the one after that is great, the one after that sucks, and on and on. If Microsoft makes it that long, whatever comes after 8 will probably be great in a Microsoft way. Unless it gets saddled with any of Xbox One's charms.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 28, 2013, 14:41 Narf2029

http://xkcd.com/936/  

News Comments > Defiance Free Weekend
4. Re: Defiance Free Weekend May 25, 2013, 01:20 Narf2029

I think the free part you're thinking of is how it does not have a subscription fee.  

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale May 22, 2013, 02:24 Narf2029

$30 is the magic number for me there as well. Just don't have $50 of interest in it, and I certainly didn't have $60 of interest.  

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale May 16, 2013, 22:24 Narf2029

Steamworks Allthumbsup  

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale May 16, 2013, 21:21 Narf2029

Acleacius wrote on May 16, 2013, 20:58:
Still looks like the original Mass Effect still doesn't not include all all/both DLC. Not to mention ME2 doesn't come close to including all content.

Now that EA has Origin, don't hold your breath about ever seeing either of those being improved.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Sanctum 2
4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Sanctum 2 May 16, 2013, 01:44 Narf2029

Brumbek wrote on May 15, 2013, 21:36:
Here's hoping it has vastly improved controls because the first Sanctum was a fantastic idea totally ruined by clunky, awkward controls.

I'm not sure I follow. Sanctum is a shooter my wife can play. That probably says it all.

News Comments > Sanctum Free Weekend; Sanctum 2 Preorders
2. Re: Sanctum Free Weekend; Sanctum 2 Preorders May 10, 2013, 03:12 Narf2029

I know that feeling. I'll hold off for months on a $50-60 game to wait for a price drop or a sale or whatever, but something $15 or less comes along and I don't even think about it. I'm surprised I didn't just order it right before this post.  

News Comments > More on The Sims 4
8. Re: More on The Sims 4 May 6, 2013, 17:10 Narf2029

Wildone wrote on May 6, 2013, 16:16:
Mutiplayer or pass

+1. If it doesn't offer multiplayer, what will it offer that Sims 3 can't already do? Looking better is not enough. You're not gonna find a hardcore, super-graphics-or-bust group of Sims players.

News Comments > The Sims 4 Announced
2. Re: The Sims 4 Announced May 6, 2013, 12:54 Narf2029

It got my wife to play other games, so it's good in my book. The way I figure though, if Sims 4 doesn't have a proper multiplayer feature, there's really no point to having it over Sims 3. I can't see it offering much else to differentiate it from Sims 3. Sims 3 may not have cutting edge photo-realistic graphics but its target audience doesn't care - what it has is certainly good enough. Other than that, it's pretty much Sims 2 with fewer loading screens and simpler mechanics.  

News Comments > Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon Sequel?
2. Re: Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon Sequel? May 5, 2013, 13:09 Narf2029

I'd love to see more of this myself. It was kind of short but for $15 my expectations of length were not too high. I very much enjoyed every minute of it.  

News Comments > Borderlands 2 "Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep" DLC in June
8. Re: Borderlands 2 May 3, 2013, 00:12 Narf2029

Dagnamit wrote on May 2, 2013, 23:30:
call me when single player mode isn't so damn tedious.

No shit. Multiplayer is a blast but in single player I'm just the guy who hides behind stuff until his turret recharges.

News Comments > Starbound Preorders Pass $1MM
1. Re: Starbound Preorders Pass $1MM Apr 30, 2013, 13:56 Narf2029

Good for them, really, but I'm gonna wait until I hear more about the removal of space stations in favor of personal spacecraft. That and a release date.  

News Comments > Starbound Preorders
25. Re: Starbound Preorders Apr 15, 2013, 02:45 Narf2029

I want this to be good, but the updates on the website are so infrequent it's hard to believe it will ever get done. The most notable change to the website last month was when the server failed. I don't know what's going on in their forum lately, but going by the website's extreme quiet and the release being delayed from last year, I can't help but be afraid that forum users are cobbling together their own idea of how they think the game should be, while the game is no doubt shaping into what it will be. I don't look in their forum much anymore since I basically lost hope that the game would ever get finished - now I try to stay away to avoid having such preconceptions - but last time I looked their forum userbase was very excitable and very imaginative. A niche game like this isn't going to survive the hype machine those people could very easily create for themselves, if they haven't already.

edit: Yes, they have a "progress" roadmap, but the only thing I take away from that is that they delayed for at least 8 months because they were "willing to take the extra time to get things JUST right," and today they still have a ton of things left to do.

This comment was edited on Apr 15, 2013, 02:52.

News Comments > Steam and DRM-Free Shadowrun Returns in June
40. Re: Steam and DRM-Free Shadowrun Returns in June Apr 10, 2013, 15:13 Narf2029

I own over 100 titles in Steam. I've played most of them a ton. One day Valve might indeed decide to sell Steam, or become a worse publisher, or whatever. I think selling Steam is unlikely since Steam makes money hand over fist for them - Half Life 3 is approaching the development time of Duke Nukem Forever, and what has Valve themselves made and sold in the meantime? Not enough to keep the lights on that entire time, I'm sure. And I doubt they will become EA even gradually. Steam is successful because it does digital distribution right. It's a service with hundreds of games - literally everyone can find something on Steam that they'd want. The client is both useful and unobtrusive - I leave it on all the time not because I have to, but because it offers virtually no drop in system performance so why not?

Even if Steam did up and sell overnight or if Valve went home one Friday and came back Monday as some hideous beast that made EA look like the Red Cross, so what? I've more than gotten my money's worth out of everything I own on Steam. If Steam went poof in one day, I would go do something else. There is plenty to do, new and old. Always has been. And as well rounded as Steam is, there are a lot of new and old things to do that come from other digital or physical places. If Valve has any sense, they know that. Gamers are fickle. If someone scorns us we beat our chests and we curse and yell and throw things and insult mothers, but after that hour or two is over, we go do something else.

News Comments > Game Reviews
6. Re: Game Reviews Apr 8, 2013, 12:45 Narf2029

I remember reading somewhere on KSP's website that the price will increase as they get closer to the release version.  

News Comments > Guns of Icarus Online Linux Version
5. Re: Guns of Icarus Online Linux Version Feb 24, 2013, 08:13 Narf2029

The Half Elf wrote on Feb 24, 2013, 02:02:
Still want Co-Op Bridge Commander

http://www.artemis.eochu.com/

1576 Comments. 79 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo