Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Narf2029

Real Name Narf2029   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Narf2029
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 4, 2001, 03:12
Total Comments 1585 (Pro)
User ID 11815

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
2. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Jul 22, 2013, 08:02 Narf2029

I dunno, that's kind of like blaming Oneida for electrocuting yourself by sticking a fork in an outlet. Or more accurately, the manufacturer of the outlet, but I'm not sure there is such a thing as a name-brand outlet. Or, blaming the outlet manufacturer for electrocution after you plugged in an electrical cord you bought in a dark alley whose logo was drawn on the tag in crayon. Bottom line, as long as holes exist, people are going to stick things in them that don't belong.  
Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Jul 16, 2013, 14:12 Narf2029

You said it, buddy.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 15, 2013, 10:15 Narf2029

Great. Thank you both so much. Now that will be stuck in my head all day.

edit: After two unsuccessful attempts to get the song out of my head, I read the article and wow. Might be the most blatant cash grab I've ever seen.

This comment was edited on Jul 15, 2013, 10:28.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
17. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 10, 2013, 11:02 Narf2029

SpectralMeat wrote on Jul 10, 2013, 10:14:
Verno wrote on Jul 10, 2013, 10:09:
Oculus Rift looks interesting but its the kind of thing I would never purchase without being able to try out for an hour or two.
I am pretty sure when they finally release them in retail there will be plenty of demo stations setup where you can try it, as well as return policy in place, as I can see that thing can make people sick.

I was about to buy the TrackIR also for Arma3 but I will hold off and see how the OR shapes up to be.
So far what I have seen of it, it looks like it will be awesome

I hope there's some kind of test setup. It sounds neat but 3D and VR stuff have all been migraine factories for me. I'd love Oculus for Star Citizen, but only if a few hours of play doesn't split my head in half and make me eat the device.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 10, 2013, 09:45 Narf2029

sharonbn wrote on Jul 10, 2013, 09:43:
The AVG search topic is dated Jan 2012 on AVG forum with the last post in the thread dated May of this year.
Any reason why this should be notified today ?!?

Probably because it's half funny, half excellent-cautionary-tale no matter when you read it.

2. Re: AVG "Secure Search" Hijacking My Browser Jul 10, 2013, 09:44 Narf2029

This is exactly why I never install toolbars from any service or software and berate those who do when they come to me with problems resulting from them. No, I don't like fixing your computer after you do something to it that I told you not to do and I'm being mean because I hope you'll either finally listen or stop coming to me with self-inflicted issues. If I were paid to do it, it'd be another matter.  

News Comments > Evochron Mercenary Patch
2. Re: Evochron Mercenary Patch Jul 9, 2013, 07:48 Narf2029

Hi, spambot!

edit: Someone's right on top of that!

News Comments > New Neverwinter Campaign System Plans
3. Re: New Neverwinter Campaign System Plans Jul 7, 2013, 11:38 Narf2029

If Cryptic is running this anything like STO, I'm keeping away. STO is so unstable since the last patch it's like they built the patch with code from the beta. Lag, frequent drops on zoning, and my personal favorite - being in game but unable to move, interact or log out. They built a reputation for reintroducing bugs when they were running City of Heroes but to reintroduce bugs from launch day is just stunning.  

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Female Marine Detailed
2. Re: Natural Selection 2 Female Marine Detailed Jul 5, 2013, 22:50 Narf2029

It is awesome. Ultimately it will have a minor change on visuals that many people may not even notice and probably no gameplay impact whatsoever, and that's just what women are looking for. Or at least, it's strongly preferred over the steel bikini mindset that's been running strong for so long.  

News Comments > Op Ed
26. Re: Op Ed Jul 1, 2013, 14:46 Narf2029

I definitely miss the social aspect of EQ. I had more friends in EQ than I've had in every following MMO I've played combined. Today, the average MMO player pitches a fit if post-combat recovery takes more than 30 seconds. In EQ you'd sit around for 5 or 10 minutes and you got to know your group members because there was nothing else to do, but it was almost always worth it. I got into a pick-up group a few days into EQ and ran with all of them (as much as schedules lined up, anyway) until the day I quit. Now you go to a game like WoW or GW2 and you'll team with a group of people one time for 15-20 minutes and never see any of them again, and that's almost become part of the way those games are played. Big zones filled with hundreds of people, nearly all of whom are doing their own thing essentially by themselves and who only run into each other when they happen to be doing the same thing at the same time.  

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Jun 13, 2013, 23:01 Narf2029

nin wrote on Jun 13, 2013, 22:40:
Exactly! Some of them look like something I'd think of, but sometimes people do crazy stuff I never would have considered, and they're awesome, failure or no...

Results and satisfaction can change dramatically if you play when you're tired. You might find yourself making Soviet-style mistakes. "Awesome, got a guy in orbit. Now let's bring him back and... oh, oops. Sorry dude. Better think of a way to bring the next one back down."

News Comments > Dragon Age Inquisition Trailer
1. Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Trailer Jun 10, 2013, 20:45 Narf2029

creators of the critically acclaimed Mass Effect trilogy

I like how they leave out the part where they created the rest of Dragon Age, for fear of people thinking of Dragon Age 2.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
9. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jun 8, 2013, 16:27 Narf2029

I just figure Windows 8 is the latest skipped generation in the trend of skipping every other generation of Windows. One's great, the next sucks, the one after that is great, the one after that sucks, and on and on. If Microsoft makes it that long, whatever comes after 8 will probably be great in a Microsoft way. Unless it gets saddled with any of Xbox One's charms.  

3. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 28, 2013, 14:41 Narf2029

http://xkcd.com/936/  

News Comments > Defiance Free Weekend
4. Re: Defiance Free Weekend May 25, 2013, 01:20 Narf2029

I think the free part you're thinking of is how it does not have a subscription fee.  

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale May 22, 2013, 02:24 Narf2029

$30 is the magic number for me there as well. Just don't have $50 of interest in it, and I certainly didn't have $60 of interest.  

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale May 16, 2013, 22:24 Narf2029

Steamworks Allthumbsup  

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale May 16, 2013, 21:21 Narf2029

Acleacius wrote on May 16, 2013, 20:58:
Still looks like the original Mass Effect still doesn't not include all all/both DLC. Not to mention ME2 doesn't come close to including all content.

Now that EA has Origin, don't hold your breath about ever seeing either of those being improved.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Sanctum 2
4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Sanctum 2 May 16, 2013, 01:44 Narf2029

Brumbek wrote on May 15, 2013, 21:36:
Here's hoping it has vastly improved controls because the first Sanctum was a fantastic idea totally ruined by clunky, awkward controls.

I'm not sure I follow. Sanctum is a shooter my wife can play. That probably says it all.

News Comments > Sanctum Free Weekend; Sanctum 2 Preorders
2. Re: Sanctum Free Weekend; Sanctum 2 Preorders May 10, 2013, 03:12 Narf2029

I know that feeling. I'll hold off for months on a $50-60 game to wait for a price drop or a sale or whatever, but something $15 or less comes along and I don't even think about it. I'm surprised I didn't just order it right before this post.  

1585 Comments. 80 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo