Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Narf2029

Real Name Narf2029   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Narf2029
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 4, 2001, 03:12
Total Comments 1585 (Pro)
User ID 11815

User comment history
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
4. Re: Evening Screenshots Nov 11, 2009, 10:58 Narf2029

There, thank god for that. I may not have spent very long hunting for info but damn was it hard to find any at all.  
Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
2. Re: Evening Screenshots Nov 11, 2009, 08:13 Narf2029

Seems like the Deviant Artist made it specifically for them, perhaps when the game was under a different name since nobody seems to be complaining. I'm going nuts trying to find a page that says Mayhem Studios made Vampire Hunters, even on the game's official page, but I found another page detailing the announcement of Vampire Story by them with similar screenshots.

edit: I had to download the PDF manual - it is the only spot on the game's website that mentions who made the damn thing. But yes, it is this mysterious Mayhem Studios who commissioned the picture. Makes me wonder why there would be so little mention of who made the game.

This comment was edited on Nov 11, 2009, 08:21.

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Nov 10, 2009, 15:07 Narf2029

I'm sure if you pay enough, IGN and most other reviewers will call shit a rose.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Testing in 2010, Launch in 2011
3. Re: Guild Wars 2: Testing in 2010, Launch in 2011 Nov 10, 2009, 15:06 Narf2029

I'm just surprised they're talking about it as coming out so far in the future, considering people have known for a while that it's in development. Usually you'd expect a known product to come out sooner to try to grab that quick buck.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 9, 2009, 17:23 Narf2029

Also checked that Nokia recall, and whaddya know, the recalled chargers were made by a company in China...  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 9, 2009, 17:15 Narf2029

Wow, that list of fees is impressive. My carrier will give you one form of internet access free if you get both smartphone internet and home internet (whichever is cheaper, but it'll still save you 30 bucks), plus I'm pretty sure tethering is included for free and my monthly access is truly unlimited instead of "unlimited," and here Verizon is gouging out your kidneys just for the internet access related to the phone. Nickel-and-diming doesn't sound appropriate for those fees; perhaps Jackson-and-Granting? Oh, and I don't have a contract.

This comment was edited on Nov 9, 2009, 17:17.

News Comments > On the MW2 Street Date
14. Re: On the MW2 Street Date Nov 9, 2009, 00:11 Narf2029

5 hours? Wow. I think the last thing I beat in under 5 hours was the shareware version of Doom, IE the free part or the one-third part. Maybe not a great example but it's been a long time so I don't remember how long it was, but $60 damn well better buy more than a few hours of entertainment. I've gotten more than 5 hours of unique and not-repeated content in some Flash games. I don't think I could ever pay $60 for something I could beat in one sitting like that. Where's the long-term appeal? Short singleplayer and gimped multiplayer leaves what? $60 of whiskey would give me more than 5 hours of fun, or $60 of gasoline, or $60 of... almost anything.

This comment was edited on Nov 9, 2009, 00:35.

News Comments > Metaverse
3. Re: Metaverse Nov 8, 2009, 22:50 Narf2029

Three days doesn't sound like a lot. I think most people spend three solid days a year on the toilet. Not all at once I hope.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
15. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 8, 2009, 19:36 Narf2029

If I wasn't put off by all of MW2's shortcomings, I'd certainly be put off by its $60 price tag. To deliver so little for the PC user and put a higher-than-average price on top of it is insulting. Yes, console users have been paying $60 for god knows how long and I have pitied them the entire time. It's a raw deal to pay more for a product that is (or at least used to be) limited in comparison to the PC version. But then, PC games have become more and more like console games for a while now and I suppose the price difference was going to jump on sooner or later. I'm sure everyone has seen the comparison chart between MW and MW2, or at least knows the bullet points of it, which only adds further insult.

This comment was edited on Nov 8, 2009, 19:39.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Nov 8, 2009, 13:24 Narf2029

I don't get it. Why does the industry care about retail stores at all? I swear Best Buy's shelf space halves every time I go in there, as well as being harder to find. Our newer Target store here is like 3 times the size of the old one and they still have only one side of one aisle for PC games, most of which are Barbie and other kid stuff. The local Meijer hasn't carried PC games in at least a year. I'm lucky if either nearby GameStop has more than 4 feet of shelf space for PC games. I'm almost afraid to go to Micro Center, a fucking computer store, because I worry they too will have next to nothing in the way of PC games. If no retailer is selling much in the way of PC games, what difference does it make if the industry alienates them and loses the miniscule amount of product they actually carry?

This comment was edited on Nov 8, 2009, 14:35.

News Comments > Game Reviews
6. Re: Dragon Age Nov 6, 2009, 19:21 Narf2029

Not the best Champions Online review, given some factual errors and the screenshot from City of Heroes. Travel at level 5 for instance, not 10. Also didn't mention the really important part about being able to pick from any powerset, and that is how easy it is to pick stuff to which your stat scores are not at all suited, thus limiting the usefulness of your variety.

This comment was edited on Nov 6, 2009, 19:27.

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 2 PC Demo Open to All
23. Re: L4D2 PC Demo Open Nov 3, 2009, 21:37 Narf2029

It's neat yeah, but it and the other good bits are not enough for me, as I'm sure is obvious from my last post hehe. The good new parts are not enough to carry the weight of the product as a full-price release. Overall, I'd much rather pay (less, obviously) for the new elements as DLC or an expansion pack for the original game since I feel there just isn't enough to make a whole new game. The whole demo just felt... lighter I guess. Didn't have the serious tone of the original at all. It was like the change from TFC to TF2, which worked fine in a game all about killing each other and where personal deaths were a dime a dozen. But here, it really undermines the tension of surviving against a vast horde. Even the opening movie did nothing but damage my expectations - in the original, the opening movie gave a sense that the four survivors were really in over their heads. Here, the four survivors had this attitude as though they were going to work on Thursday, like "man this shit's annoying but hey, the weekend's almost here!" The feeling stayed with me during gameplay. In the original I'd feel a sense of desperation if I got cut off and cornered during a wave, and a feeling of triumph to cut through and rejoin the group or even just to stay alive. Here it just got on my nerves, and led to a steady increase of frustration as the game went on, even though the two encounters are virtually identical.

This comment was edited on Nov 3, 2009, 21:53.

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 2 PC Demo Open to All
21. Re: L4D2 PC Demo Open Nov 3, 2009, 21:05 Narf2029

Tried the demo, and I hope the full product is better cuz I wasn't impressed. The melee weapon thing seems kinda gimmicky. The BONG from hitting someone with the frying pan is funny the first few times but then it gets kind of annoying. Nevermind that making it funny breaks any sense of tension you might feel. And you lose your pistol for it on top of that. I don't think Walmart would be so successful if it was really impossible to carry a rifle, pistol and frying pan all at once. Kind of overpowered too. With every swing one-shotting multiple commons in an arc in front of you, all you have to do for waves is squat in the corner and alternate swinging and shoving. Doing that with guns in L4D was just as effective, except you had less ammo at the end that you might end up needing later. City didn't look all that torn up for being in a disaster either... Cleanest and shiniest post-zombie-apocalypse ever. Dunno if that was because of shiny surfaces or what but that's the vibe I came away with. Not too sure about the weapon models either. Using the shotgun looked way too much like I was playing TF2. Similarly, when I saw Ellis for the first time, the first thing that popped into my head was BONK! And that music... I know they were going for a New Orleans feel but unless they were trying to recreate the tension of high school marching band practice, it didn't do good things for the playing experience. The tank was kind of lame too. I've never been able to match the speed of a tank in a straight-line run in L4D, but here in the demo all I had to do was walk backwards and keep shooting. I said I'd wait until L4D2 came down to $20, but unless the full game is much better I might wait til I can get it for even less. I guess I'll have to wait for a free-play weekend to find out.

The bile bomb (I think? the green throwable canister) was neat though, making everyone in a crowd ignore the team and eat each other. Greater variety of weapons was nice too, as well as automatic weapons finally carrying enough ammo to remain useful for long periods. Greater variety of infected is nice too, I think I even saw more than one look for the hunter.

This comment was edited on Nov 3, 2009, 21:22.

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 2 Preorder Offer
9. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Preorder Offer Nov 3, 2009, 18:05 Narf2029

I still think the tenth class should be the fatty.  

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 2 Preorder Offer
3. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Preorder Offer Nov 3, 2009, 12:10 Narf2029

Shit, I've been on the fence about preordering L4D2 but getting Bill's hat in TF2? That fuckin seals the deal. (/sarcasm)  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 3, 2009, 00:43 Narf2029

I was gonna say, $10,000 can't even get you through a community college anymore.  

News Comments > Bloodlines Patch Plans
6. Re: Bloodlines Patch Plans Nov 1, 2009, 23:23 Narf2029

Ugh I just started a new game the other day lol. Haven't updated since 5.9 though so I suppose soon is as good a time as any.  

News Comments > L4D2 DLC Not Revealed
3. Re: L4D2 DLC Not Revealed Nov 1, 2009, 08:10 Narf2029

And people ridiculed the spork as useless. This will show them!  

News Comments > Champions Online Free Weekend Underway
6. Re: Champions Online Free Weekend Underway Oct 31, 2009, 17:34 Narf2029

I was able to download and install the client a week in advance, but I don't think I ever found an obvious place to do it until I asked Google, which I should not have had to do heh. I checked it again every day from Tuesday as well so I had one patch yesterday at go-time and that was it. However, the server appears to be down now so I can't play. Patcher could be better too, I left it on overnight last week to download the client and I wake up to find it stopped at 18%.

This comment was edited on Oct 31, 2009, 17:37.

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Oct 31, 2009, 14:02 Narf2029

Hadn't thought of that, thanks for the idea.  

1585 Comments. 80 pages. Viewing page 30.
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo