Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Narf2029

Real Name Narf2029   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Narf2029
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 4, 2001, 03:12
Total Comments 1579 (Pro)
User ID 11815

User comment history
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
14. Re: Op Ed Nov 13, 2009, 14:05 Narf2029

I think the furor over L4D2 was over what many felt they were promised for L4D, real or imagined. On its own merits, I gave L4D2 a pass after trying the demo but I'm thankful that it had one at all.

If there's any writing on the wall, it's for the big companies in the video game industry. I don't buy much/any of their products because they don't make products I want. How is that my fault as a consumer? If the big companies want to survive, it's time to give people what they want and based on raving, inferior shooters and games with pieces cut out on release day are not what is wanted. If they don't want to meet the wants of their consumer base, there are going to be new kings on the hill because someone else is always on their way up who will.

This comment was edited on Nov 13, 2009, 14:08.

Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 13, 2009, 12:47 Narf2029

Never said it was an accurate cross-section, just that it's funny as hell. I'm inclined to believe the boycott was less than effective but I won't say it's a fact, not yet. I keep forgetting to flag my sarcasm and the like on the internet. Maybe I should put my facetious comments in a different color. However, if I were to use it as an accurate cross-section, it poses a boycott effectiveness of 73%. I think that's still a passing grade in schools. But, who knows what the other 1450 members did, or even if the 1-51 who are not playing MW2 are just not playing it at that very moment.

This comment was edited on Nov 13, 2009, 12:54.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 13, 2009, 12:39 Narf2029

That MW2 boycott fail image is precious. Clearly they were at least as effective as the L4D2 boycott.  

News Comments > Morning Previews
2. Re: Morning Previews Nov 13, 2009, 12:26 Narf2029

Hope there's more than just the bridge to walk around in, though from a production standpoint I suppose they'd prefer to have something to do in each interior cell, gameplay-wise. Would be cool to have places to go like engineering or the shuttlebay or whatever, but what would you do there?  

News Comments > On Sale
10. Re: On Sale Nov 13, 2009, 12:04 Narf2029

Well, I guess for nine bucks I can give it a shot. Thanks for the input everyone.  

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Nov 12, 2009, 23:36 Narf2029

Anyone played Overlord? Is it worth having? Especially want to know more about the cooperative play mentioned in its description.

This comment was edited on Nov 12, 2009, 23:37.

News Comments > GameStop Digital Downloads Near
10. Re: GameStop Digital Downloads Near Nov 12, 2009, 19:27 Narf2029

Isn't the important part of digital sales the part where you don't have to go to a physical store? "Shit! Left my internet in my other pair of pants... wait, there's a GameStop! I'm saved!"  

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Nov 12, 2009, 19:20 Narf2029

No kidding. I liked
needless drops back to the lobby after every round, during which text chat is, bafflingly, disabled.

Well, duh dude. The 360 doesn't ship with a keyboard you know. Lucky you can text-chat in game.

This comment was edited on Nov 12, 2009, 19:21.

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Nov 12, 2009, 19:07 Narf2029

The thing to take away here is that this is the future of gaming. It isn't going to stop with MW2. MW2 is going to do a lot to validate the industry's current line of thinking - that we all want simpler games that are pretty. It's not the only thing doing it, but the spin on the news is damning for the PC. That hot anticipation on consoles is not what they said before, and it isn't what they're saying now. They just say it was hotly anticipated, period. PC gamers get lumped into that whether they agree or not, and stockholders see us lumped in and decide games like MW2 are what we PC gamers want. As you say, if you don't like it don't buy it. How many of us are doing that, voting with our wallets? Quite a few must be if MW2 didn't get near the top of Steam's sales list despite the anticipation and despite being the only digital vendor to carry it. But, does it matter how many of us skip on buying it if we get lumped in with the console sales anyway? The console crowd ate MW2 right up, and now our monetary vote doesn't mean shit. Think the average stockholder is gonna dig deeper than the hand-spun news his company puts out there?

This comment was edited on Nov 12, 2009, 19:17.

News Comments > Another Syndicate Hint
12. Re: Another Syndicate Hint Nov 12, 2009, 19:02 Narf2029

This makes me nervous. Those agents existed for one purpose only - to do exactly what I wanted, nothing less and nothing more. The dispassionate behavior is what made it so appealing. I can't have an evil cyberpunk corporation if my henchmen have independent thoughts and feelings. Total control was the whole point. The agents and the hordes of civilians they persuaded for meat shields were bloody gristle in my ruthless machine.  

News Comments > MW2 Unlocked on Steam
8. Re: MW2 Unlocked on Steam Nov 12, 2009, 18:57 Narf2029

Call me an unbeliever then, cuz the nearest Best Buy here just keeps shrinking its selection. I think they're down to 8 feet of shelf space for PC games now. Last year it was at least 48 feet.  

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Nov 12, 2009, 17:20 Narf2029

If we go by the marketing, the PC isn't a platform.  

News Comments > MW2 Unlocked on Steam
2. Re: MW2 Unlocked on Steam Nov 12, 2009, 12:58 Narf2029

Got to please those PC-centric retailers, you know, like... uh... wait, who still gives decent shelf space to PC titles?  

News Comments > Age of Conan Wants You Back
23. Re: Age of Conan Wants You Back Nov 11, 2009, 19:24 Narf2029

It just isn't fun. Its like trying to play a game while your kid keeps unplugging the console.

Sounds kinda like trying to mine asteroids for hours then getting ganked.

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
4. Re: Evening Screenshots Nov 11, 2009, 10:58 Narf2029

There, thank god for that. I may not have spent very long hunting for info but damn was it hard to find any at all.  

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
2. Re: Evening Screenshots Nov 11, 2009, 08:13 Narf2029

Seems like the Deviant Artist made it specifically for them, perhaps when the game was under a different name since nobody seems to be complaining. I'm going nuts trying to find a page that says Mayhem Studios made Vampire Hunters, even on the game's official page, but I found another page detailing the announcement of Vampire Story by them with similar screenshots.

edit: I had to download the PDF manual - it is the only spot on the game's website that mentions who made the damn thing. But yes, it is this mysterious Mayhem Studios who commissioned the picture. Makes me wonder why there would be so little mention of who made the game.

This comment was edited on Nov 11, 2009, 08:21.

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Nov 10, 2009, 15:07 Narf2029

I'm sure if you pay enough, IGN and most other reviewers will call shit a rose.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Testing in 2010, Launch in 2011
3. Re: Guild Wars 2: Testing in 2010, Launch in 2011 Nov 10, 2009, 15:06 Narf2029

I'm just surprised they're talking about it as coming out so far in the future, considering people have known for a while that it's in development. Usually you'd expect a known product to come out sooner to try to grab that quick buck.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 9, 2009, 17:23 Narf2029

Also checked that Nokia recall, and whaddya know, the recalled chargers were made by a company in China...  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 9, 2009, 17:15 Narf2029

Wow, that list of fees is impressive. My carrier will give you one form of internet access free if you get both smartphone internet and home internet (whichever is cheaper, but it'll still save you 30 bucks), plus I'm pretty sure tethering is included for free and my monthly access is truly unlimited instead of "unlimited," and here Verizon is gouging out your kidneys just for the internet access related to the phone. Nickel-and-diming doesn't sound appropriate for those fees; perhaps Jackson-and-Granting? Oh, and I don't have a contract.

This comment was edited on Nov 9, 2009, 17:17.

1579 Comments. 79 pages. Viewing page 29.
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo