Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Narf2029

Real Name Narf2029   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Narf2029
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 4, 2001, 03:12
Total Comments 1578 (Pro)
User ID 11815

User comment history
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

News Comments > Free Stubbs the Zombie [Update] Not Free
15. Re: Free Stubbs the Zombie Nov 25, 2009, 16:51 Narf2029

It almost seems like they had it at free until they saw a large number of people taking the offer so they added a price to try to make a buck.  
Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Nov 24, 2009, 10:34 Narf2029

The mews news has to call it a secret scene to incite a greater closed-minded uproar. "Not only did Bioware include such depravity, they tried to hide their inclusion of such a shameful, sinful and unnatural act!" This article seems to be neutral toward it aside from the headline but I don't anticipate that kind of journalism about it here in the United States. Just wait until Fox gets a hold of it! I'm also reminded of the "lesbian" sex scene from Mass Effect and I'd bet anything the uproar about this male gay scene will make Mass Effect's closed-minded uproar look nonexistent.

Mews? I need to go back to bed.

This comment was edited on Nov 24, 2009, 10:37.

News Comments > Gratuitous Space Battles Add-on Details
24. Re: Game Reviews Nov 23, 2009, 11:10 Narf2029

Time for Blue to change the article's title to Gratuitous Grammar Flaming, I think.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Dune Concepts Nov 22, 2009, 13:51 Narf2029

I was gonna say, a lot of those images reminded me of Homeworld's ships and aesthetics.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2009, 18:14 Narf2029

Happy birthday, Blue! I see Kosumo threw an awesome party for you...  

News Comments > On Sale
8. Re: On Sale Nov 20, 2009, 00:38 Narf2029

I'll take your word for it. I don't follow up on L4D2 much so I'm sure I missed what you said. Not the best idea to release boring maps for a demo though. I thought the purpose was to get my interest, not drive it away.  

News Comments > Star Trek Online Open Beta Signups
7. Re: Star Trek Online Open Beta Signups Nov 20, 2009, 00:36 Narf2029

Can't imagine the headache of doing a captcha if you're colorblind or something. I see fine and some of them are a challenge to decipher.  

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Nov 19, 2009, 21:12 Narf2029

To each his own - if the demo was an accurate representation, I wouldn't consider L4D2 until $20 or less. Overall it's probably as fun as L4D, but... I already have that.  

News Comments > Star Trek Online Open Beta Signups
2. Re: Star Trek Online Open Beta Signups Nov 19, 2009, 21:08 Narf2029

I might pick it up on launch day, but only if I receive a Best Buy gift card or something of the like from someone for Christmas. I never pick up any MMO until its client hits $20 or less; I figure if they're gonna charge me $15 a month they can afford to give the client away for cheap, if not free. If I quit after a month because it's not fun, that's not my fault. So-called betas are a total gimmick these days anyway - the real beta testing begins on launch day, when people can receive the honor and privilege of funding the testing that should have been done in-house. I hear Champions shipped with a hole in one of its maps...

This comment was edited on Nov 19, 2009, 21:10.

News Comments > Champions Online Event and Free Weekend Plans
13. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 19, 2009, 19:46 Narf2029

It is was possible to get the client in advance. I was able to get the client over a week before the previous free weekend began. I ran it once a day or so to keep it up to date and that was it. When the free weekend began I spent 10 minutes patching and I was in. Granted, I had to use Google to find where to get the client but I was able to get it. Unless this has changed since the previous free weekend, you should still be able to get the client ahead of time this way.

edit: As a bonus, here it is and simpler than I imagined. Even downloaded the installer again to be sure. It does take a while to download the game so do it overnight, and if it hangs overnight start it again - it does not start over from the beginning, the files pick up where it left off but the counter will start at 0%. http://champions-online.com/download

more edit: I can't seem to get mine to patch now, so maybe you can't get it early this time, or maybe just not this early. Can't say for sure cuz I never uninstalled it from the last time. Hopefully that will change because it is rather time-consuming and could easily eat up half the free weekend just downloading the client if everyone has to do it at the same time. Also...

Make it 10 or 14 days or don't bother. I'm not DLing a zillion gigs for 2 or 3 days of exploring the nub areas.
I was able to get 4 different characters to the mid-to-high teens in the last free weekend with only a modest amount of play time. Your mileage may vary but if you focused on one character I bet you could easily get into the high 20s. That doesn't speak much of the game's longevity however...

This comment was edited on Nov 19, 2009, 20:01.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Nov 18, 2009, 22:25 Narf2029

How old is the data? Even my mother plays flash games almost exclusively now, versus solitaire and freecell before.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - LEGO: Indiana Jones 2
8. Re: Ships Ahoy - LEGO: Indiana Jones 2 Nov 18, 2009, 00:16 Narf2029

Yeah, at least the other Lego games had iconic secondary characters. LIJ had Indiana Jones...and Willie Scott.
Willie Scott is what they picked for iconic? She's about as iconic as Jar-Jar Binks.

News Comments > Funcom Slumps
7. Re: Funcom Slumps Nov 18, 2009, 00:09 Narf2029

I've tried at least three times to get into AO and I just can't. It's just not worth the effort, even being free. I would go so far as to say the complexity and user-unfriendliness are comparable to Universal Combat. If today's iteration is what they call reduced complexity it's no wonder they can't get more people to play it.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Grand Theft Auto V hints dropped. Nov 17, 2009, 00:03 Narf2029

I think the actual fighting was the weak part. Once I realized shooting "blind" without revealing myself was only around 25% less accurate than popping up to aim, I never stuck my head out again.  

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Nov 17, 2009, 00:02 Narf2029

I think it's time for Randy Pitchford to spin off a separate company to contain his ego.  

News Comments > Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch
9. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch Nov 17, 2009, 00:00 Narf2029

No kidding. If there are people who patch this so obsessively, the mod community would be nuts.  

News Comments > Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch
7. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch Nov 16, 2009, 20:50 Narf2029

No shit, at this rate we'll wake up to Vampire Bloodlines 10.0 one day. Be nice if more games had this much attention.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Nov 16, 2009, 20:45 Narf2029

I still can't believe anyone thought the video game industry was recession proof. Entertainment is always the first thing to go when the budget gets tight.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. iPhone's unlimited data plans Nov 15, 2009, 13:24 Narf2029

God forbid the author suggest that AT&T spend money on its infrastructure so it can handle the demand, but at least his idea for a pricing scheme is sensible. Except for the part where no wireless carrier would go for a plan that ultimately charged much less per month for the average user.  

News Comments > Op Ed
14. Re: Op Ed Nov 13, 2009, 14:05 Narf2029

I think the furor over L4D2 was over what many felt they were promised for L4D, real or imagined. On its own merits, I gave L4D2 a pass after trying the demo but I'm thankful that it had one at all.

If there's any writing on the wall, it's for the big companies in the video game industry. I don't buy much/any of their products because they don't make products I want. How is that my fault as a consumer? If the big companies want to survive, it's time to give people what they want and based on raving, inferior shooters and games with pieces cut out on release day are not what is wanted. If they don't want to meet the wants of their consumer base, there are going to be new kings on the hill because someone else is always on their way up who will.

This comment was edited on Nov 13, 2009, 14:08.

1578 Comments. 79 pages. Viewing page 28.
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo