Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Narf2029

Real Name Narf2029   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Narf2029
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 4, 2001, 03:12
Total Comments 1584 (Pro)
User ID 11815

User comment history
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Trek Online Preorder Bonuses
9. Re: Star Trek Online Preorder Bonuses Dec 7, 2009, 21:57 Narf2029

Tribbles don't fornicate. They have orgies. What? I'm just saying!
There's fornicating going on in orgies too. More densely packed but still. Call it a literal clusterfuck.

Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
32. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 7, 2009, 21:52 Narf2029

Shit, that guy is a riot. Best awkward board post I've ever been involved with.  

News Comments > Impulse Top Sellers
12. Re: Impulse Top Sellers Dec 7, 2009, 21:42 Narf2029

Hey now, Impulse has Evochron Legends? Wonder if I can activate mine on there. Probably not, but still a neat bit of discovery.  

News Comments > Impulse Top Sellers
5. Re: Impulse Top Sellers Dec 7, 2009, 19:12 Narf2029

Wow, Corporate Machine needs a 75MHz processor. That's just mind-blowing blast-from-the-past stuff. Makes me think of when only the rich kids had the 486DX2/66.  

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: Video game voice actors worry Dec 7, 2009, 19:01 Narf2029

I'm not saying voice actors should make six figures, but if I can start at a retail store and make $25000 a year moving boxes, a good voice actor should make better money.  

News Comments > Star Trek Online Fleet Q&A
2. Re: Star Trek Online Fleet Q&A Dec 7, 2009, 17:13 Narf2029

Par for the course anymore. Publishers look at MMOs as a license to print money, but they don't wanna pay for the machine. Come to think of it, I wonder how much of a beastly cut Paramount is taking.

This comment was edited on Dec 7, 2009, 17:14.

5. Re: Star Trek Online Preorder Bonuses Dec 7, 2009, 17:07 Narf2029

You know, what could a Tribble pet even do? Fornicate until the horde consumes all the food on a planet?  

4. Re: Star Trek Online Preorder Bonuses Dec 7, 2009, 17:01 Narf2029

No shit. How about we take all those separate preorder bonuses and give them to everyone who preorders? I can't imagine how that would do anything except get more preorders. Brick and mortar would never let that fly though, no sir. In any event, I bet none of the preorder items are worth having in the long run. Either a cosmetic thing with no actual gameplay function, or a nifty item that you outgrow by level 5.

This comment was edited on Dec 7, 2009, 17:03.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 7, 2009, 15:18 Narf2029

Should I be flattered or nervous?  

17. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 7, 2009, 15:02 Narf2029

I'm afraid this message board has no recollection of any Pearl Harbor-related movie by Michael Bay. You must be mistaken. *hint hint*  

15. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 7, 2009, 14:55 Narf2029

I remember my father telling me about how Pearl Harbor tore him, together with most of the boys in his senior high school class, out of their quiet rural lives and into the turmoil of war.

Sounds like your father was torn out of his quiet rural life because of the draft. He probably also gave a shit about his duty and defending his country, even if it was imposed on him. Not like today's military, full of kids trying to get a free ride from Uncle Sam and complaining and bitching and even refusing to do their duty when they are called to do so, after they already volunteered. Then they get home and stop loss recalls them to duty and they bitch and moan some more, nevermind that it's in the damn contract if you just stop and actually read it. Also nevermind that without stop loss they'd just be conscripted back into service anyway, along with their reasonably healthy friends and family! Whether they agree with Iraq and Afghanistan or not, they swore a damn oath to God and country to do their fucking jobs.

This comment was edited on Dec 7, 2009, 14:57.

News Comments > Muzyka: Mass Effect 2: "The Best Thing Yet from BioWare"
39. Re: Muzyka: Mass Effect 2: Dec 7, 2009, 14:44 Narf2029

Starforce is dead because it was intrusive (like most DRM) and the company came off as being extremely full of themselves. DRM as a whole is generally intrusive but the public's perception of Starforce's level of intrusion is what mattered, even if it was not that much worse than what some DRM schemes have today. The key difference is that Starforce had an especially bad reputation. Purely political-type stuff. Publishers didn't want to be seen associating with Starforce and their public reputation, even if they themselves said the same things about the consumer that Starforce employees did. The publishers just had the sense to say it behind closed boardroom doors. If people more openly opposed SecuROM and activation limits in general, they'd be in a sinking boat themselves sooner or later.

This comment was edited on Dec 7, 2009, 14:46.

News Comments > etc.
1. Video game voice actors worry Dec 7, 2009, 12:22 Narf2029

I imagine this is the next step in the long chain of entertainment workers getting paid peanuts. $30,000 a year? I made almost as much unloading trucks. But then cartoon voice actors had to make their stink to get a decent wage and so did TV actors so I guess it's video game voice acting's turn to stand up and tell people they want to be paid for their work.  

News Comments > Muzyka: Mass Effect 2: "The Best Thing Yet from BioWare"
10. Re: Muzyka: Mass Effect 2: Dec 6, 2009, 21:08 Narf2029

Turians were also all male because it saved them the disc space of having models and voice acting for the females. Also didn't use tactical combat myself. Pretty much every fight, I went in as though I was doing it all myself because, well, I was. If my teammates killed a guy now and then it was a happy accident. That and they covered my retreat well - better them than me!

This comment was edited on Dec 6, 2009, 21:10.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Dec 6, 2009, 16:35 Narf2029

Steam had Batman for $25 a couple weeks ago, shame you missed that. I'd been waiting for months for a sale like that. Never know, may come down again closer to Christmas.  

News Comments > Star Trek Online Trailers
6. Re: Star Trek Online Trailers Dec 5, 2009, 22:25 Narf2029

TNG also used models, putting it before the CGI ships and the point made about them.  

News Comments > Star Trek Online Collector's Edition Details
10. Re: Star Trek Online Collector's Edition Details Dec 4, 2009, 20:17 Narf2029

I'm not exceptionally worried. If people want to compare it to Champions I don't see that as a bad thing. Not a great thing either, but not bad. I've only done the free trials of Champions but they were well worth my time, and I've said before I'd probably buy the client if I found it for $20 or less. Since I'm not currently playing a Star Trek MMO, I'd also buy Star Trek Online for $20 even at launch day, either through a sale or gift cards or both. Don't feel the need for a free trial this time but I'll certainly take one.  

News Comments > Silent Hunter 5 Trailer and Subtitle
3. Re: Silent Hunter 5 Trailer and Subtitle Dec 4, 2009, 16:39 Narf2029

Loved SH3 to death. Really captured the boredom of patrols, the excitement of the kill and the tension and fear of being depth charged by destroyers. It's like playing Das Boot.  

News Comments > Star Trek Online Collector's Edition Details
5. Re: Star Trek Online Collector's Edition Details Dec 4, 2009, 14:23 Narf2029

I figure if someone gives me a Best Buy gift card this Christmas or some other scheme enables $30 off, I'll be unable to pass up trying this at launch day despite all wisdom and experience.  

News Comments > Direct2Drive Refutes Impulse Claim
16. Re: Direct2Drive Refutes Impulse Claim Nov 30, 2009, 23:45 Narf2029

I wouldn't call Valve's Steam solution intrusive, as feature-rich as it is. Sure you have to run Steam to play a Steam game - so what? If you're on a system that can't handle playing a game with Steam going, send it back to 1995.  

1584 Comments. 80 pages. Viewing page 27.
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo