Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Narf2029

Real Name Narf2029   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Narf2029
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 4, 2001, 03:12
Total Comments 1585 (Pro)
User ID 11815

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: Manuals Dec 23, 2009, 20:35 Narf2029

"Ultima? Wing Commander? Crusader? What are those?" I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the PC was not even considered when writing this article.  
Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch
18. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch Dec 23, 2009, 20:32 Narf2029

You guys know Wesp is not your usual game nerd, right?
http://www.cup.uni-muenchen.de/dept/ch/oc/spahl.php

My German's a lot rusty but doesn't that say he's a chemist? He must really love programming if he never wanted to ruin the love by making it a job.

News Comments > Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch
13. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch Dec 23, 2009, 13:57 Narf2029

They must like it a lot. Developers that get paid to make patches don't do it this well.  

News Comments > Metaverse
2. Re: Wikipedia Dec 22, 2009, 20:39 Narf2029

Perhaps it's an issue of neutrality, for example an advertiser might only agree to give them money if the article about them made them sound better or something.  

News Comments > Champions Online Demo
6. Re: Champions Online Demo Dec 22, 2009, 08:47 Narf2029

That's another good point, forgot about that hehe. Kind of makes having any level cap at all rather moot.  

News Comments > Leonard Nimoy in STO
4. Re: Leonard Nimoy in Star Trek Online Dec 21, 2009, 20:44 Narf2029

That's pretty neat.  

News Comments > Champions Online Demo
1. Re: Champions Online Demo Dec 21, 2009, 20:31 Narf2029

Don't know what good a level 15 cap would do. Not sure you can actually get past level 7 in the tutorial zone.  

6. Re: Dec 21, 2009, 16:43 Narf2029

Now now, let's be nice to the people who might not be allowed to install things on their workstation at work.  

3. Re: First US Broadband Project Payments Go Out Dec 21, 2009, 13:32 Narf2029

Not to mention this mysterious control won't extend beyond our borders, but unfortunately the internet does. And yeah, if their plan to take control is to do it one farmhouse at a time, that doesn't sound like a great plan. Actually, one farmhouse at a time is kind of worrying. Where are all the crop circles and cow abductions? Farms. Either the government is using this as a pretense to gather surveillance on the aliens, or they're in league with them...

This comment was edited on Dec 21, 2009, 13:35.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
2. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 20, 2009, 14:50 Narf2029

Of course they're gonna drag their feet. Telcos and cable companies can't make money hand over fist if they just turn around and spend it all on their infrastructure. Look at AT&T now and their trouble with the iPhone. Rather than spend all that big iPhone money on upgrading their infrastructure, they'd rather talk about changing to tiered pricing in an effort to milk more money out of them for the same setup. What's more likely to happen is people will leave AT&T even if it means giving up their iPhones but that will solve AT&T's infrastructure problems too.  

News Comments > Star Trek Online Klingon FAQ
10. Re: Star Trek Online Klingon FAQ Dec 20, 2009, 14:34 Narf2029

Don't get too excited - by all accounts, even playing leisurely you'd only use it for 2 hours before you got a better ship. The humor in the preorder bonuses is that Best Buy's bonus pets are the only bonus you'd be guaranteed to still be using after the 2 hour mark, even if rarely. They say the Amazon Borg officer will remain useful throughout the entire game but I doubt it unless they plan on making that a microtransaction later.

This comment was edited on Dec 20, 2009, 14:35.

News Comments > Star Trek Online Klingon FAQ
8. Re: Star Trek Online Klingon FAQ Dec 20, 2009, 14:10 Narf2029

To each his own. We've all taken the hype train right to the crash, or we wouldn't know why we'd never do that again. Besides, disappointed hope that costs $80 is a lot cheaper than lots of other kinds of disappointment.  

News Comments > Safety Dance
7. Re: Safety Dance Dec 19, 2009, 10:30 Narf2029

Just 60,000? That's some weak bullshit. You can bet your ass if/when one drone gets hijacked and attacks a US installation or convoy one day, the military will have them all updated in a week just to try to cover it up.  

News Comments > City of Heroes Server Transfers
3. Re: City of Heroes Server Transfers Dec 18, 2009, 22:41 Narf2029

I don't get why the service isn't free already. If I'm not mistaken, barring any renaming issues the process is entirely automated, is it not? If they fear a large increase of people losing items from it, maybe they could take an Everquest-like stance for their GMs, in which each GM had a flowchart script where every outcome was "Tough shit, it's your fault."  

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Dec 18, 2009, 22:30 Narf2029

Torchlight for $10? With the huge amount of sale stuff I've been getting, my girlfriend is gonna kill me in my sleep, I know it, and yet...  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
23. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 17, 2009, 18:04 Narf2029

I do use Firefox, for the record. The redirection has only happened when trying to read comments here at Blue's News, nowhere else. I'm at a loss as to any cause, and I can't think of any other virus and malware scanners to try after having used so many heh. Only reputable ones, of course. I have HouseCall pounding away at it now, the last thing I could think of, but it's so damn slow it could be tomorrow before it's done.

This comment was edited on Dec 17, 2009, 18:55.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 17, 2009, 15:44 Narf2029

While posting in Legal Briefs just now, I was once again redirected to another save-your-system website (this time SysDefence - Online Protection) which my antivirus blocked as an infected website. I've been doing malware and virus scans like crazy since the last time this happened so I'm all but 100% sure it's not being caused by something on my end. I suppose this website could be a false positive but I doubt it - websites like that are total scams anyway, they just try to infect your computer and then sell you something to fix it.

This comment was edited on Dec 17, 2009, 15:48.

News Comments > Legal Briefs
3. Re: Legal Briefs Dec 17, 2009, 15:40 Narf2029

Everything about the movie industry disproves the "piracy is stealing all my profits" argument, including how this year they've made more money than any year ever. $10 billion.

http://torrentfreak.com/damned-pirates-hollywood-sets-10-billion-box-office-record-091211/

This comment was edited on Dec 17, 2009, 19:56.

News Comments > TF2 War Ends Today, More Update Details
4. Re: TF2 War Ends Today, More Update Details Dec 17, 2009, 12:03 Narf2029

I demand a recount!  

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: RE: Why you don't have freedome of speech in WoW Dec 16, 2009, 23:53 Narf2029

As far as I'm concerned, and as far as the law is concerned if I'm not mistaken, Blizzard built the house and Blizzard can set the rules. Freedom of expression doesn't give someone the right to be a jackass. If your freedom of expression harasses others or incites panic, the police will make you stop. If you go into someone's place of business and start spouting racial slurs or insults at people there, the owner is either gonna call the police or have someone large throw you out on your ass. All people ever say is "freedom of speech" like those are the only three words that matter. Someone comes onto my property and starts insulting me, I'm calling the police. Someone comes onto my property and starts threatening me or my family, well, they'll walk again someday. Freedom of speech ends at the property line, real or virtual. You want in Blizzard's house, you abide by Blizzard's rules. You don't like Blizzard's rules, build your own house.

This comment was edited on Dec 16, 2009, 23:55.

1585 Comments. 80 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo