Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Narf2029

Real Name Narf2029   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Narf2029
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 4, 2001, 03:12
Total Comments 1584 (Pro)
User ID 11815

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > On Mass Effect 2 Enemy Defenses
11. Re: On Mass Effect 2 Enemy Defenses Jan 7, 2010, 18:06 Narf2029

I think I read somewhere that pistols were generally the most effective weapons in ME. Highest average DPS or something. They did kind of have it all - good accuracy even at long range, good rate of fire, good damage per shot. I hated assault rifles to death myself. So feeble at actually causing damage it didn't matter if they could spit out a million rounds a minute cuz you needed every single one to hit to actually hurt anything.  
Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Blomkamp on District 9 Video Game Prospects
9. Re: Blomkamp on District 9 Video Game Prospects Jan 7, 2010, 17:59 Narf2029

I think the Germans closed that loophole though. That would be an excellent reason why we haven't heard of any new Uwe Boll projects, but he's probably made a shitload of money already so why should he care? I'm sure any recognizable actors and actresses he got knew the score too - "hey, come make a load of cash in my deliberately shitty film that everyone will forget about in 6 months!" It's a free paycheck, and I'm sure Boll was able to use some of their names to get more investors and their money.

edit: Come to think of it, it's like The Producers, except in real life and it worked.

This comment was edited on Jan 7, 2010, 18:01.

News Comments > DAoC Europe Changes
1. Re: DAoC Europe Changes Jan 7, 2010, 14:02 Narf2029

People still play that? I'm not trying to be a dick, I just haven't heard anything about it in so long I forgot it was still around.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 7, 2010, 13:03 Narf2029

Count me in the old crowd too then. 25 years old and I don't know what that means.  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 5, 2010, 11:59 Narf2029

Yeah I loved that bit. I had to just push every key on the keyboard until I exited the vehicle, then I had to push them all again because I wasn't paying attention when it happened. Then I get in and "hey, here's how you exit the vehicle!" Gee thanks!

edit: If all of NASA's projects worked so well, maybe we'd be on Mars already.

This comment was edited on Jan 5, 2010, 12:02.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 5, 2010, 11:53 Narf2029

It's part of your point of view. If you think of "get me out of the fucking car" as "draw/holster car's occupants" it kind of makes sense... Joker

Starting to feel like NASA is crying wolf every time they say the Spirit rover is stuck forever again. I just never believe it. Besides, who can complain about being on year 5 of a 3-month mission?

edit: Have to agree with the cold thing. I used to love it, but now I just freeze my stones off. It's not like this year's 19 degrees is any colder than last year's 19 degrees so what gives?

This comment was edited on Jan 5, 2010, 11:58.

News Comments > On Red Alert 3 Steam Woes
8. Re: On Red Alert 3 Steam Woes Jan 4, 2010, 23:10 Narf2029

From what I've read it's not Steam's fault. It's some screw-up on EA's end with their online key authentication. I imagine it works much the same with how you can't play Company of Heroes if Relic says no, regardless of where you bought it. I don't see the harm in Steam putting RA3 on sale despite a problem that isn't on their end - in the end, everyone still got it cheap even if it didn't work right on day one.  

News Comments > EA Server Shutdown Plans
26. Re: EA Server Shutdown Plans Jan 3, 2010, 21:37 Narf2029

TurdFergasun wrote on Jan 3, 2010, 21:11:
Caveman wrote on Jan 3, 2010, 16:58:
Do any of you guys bitching play any of these games? If not, what the hell do you care honestly? If it's not cost efficient to keep the servers running, then shut them down.

so with your logic as long as you don't suffer from any of the ills in the world we should just stfu about them? so fuck the cancer kids, fuck the hungry, etc etc. right. you're pretty much in line with the ethos those running this world atm so i guess not much of a surprise for you to flock to that type of idea like the wool bearing mammal you appear to be.

what a bucket of hammers.
Possibly the most impressive leap of logic I've seen in at least a month.

News Comments > EA Server Shutdown Plans
17. Re: EA Server Shutdown Plans Jan 3, 2010, 18:41 Narf2029

If they did that, people could continue to play the old one online rather than be forced to buy the new one to continue online play.  

News Comments > On Sale
12. Re: On Sale Jan 3, 2010, 17:21 Narf2029

Killing Floor is different. Round-based and focused on staying alive until everything is dead, vs L4D's staying alive until you reach a certain area. I think it's fun myself, but fun in a different way than L4D. Being able to weld doors shut is a nice touch, as well as having a greater variety of weapons and class-type bonuses which make certain weapons better in certain hands, but anyone can use whatever they find or buy.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 30, 2009, 23:39 Narf2029

The cost of printer ink is why I write so much stuff down with pens. Something is wrong if you can get a printer with included ink cartridge on sale for less than the cost of the ink cartridge, even if the included kind is the cheapy kind.  

News Comments > Op Ed
12. Re: Op Ed Dec 29, 2009, 23:13 Narf2029

I'd bash em because I have yet to be able to bring myself to finish one.  

News Comments > Interplay Seeks Legal Fees from Bethesda
3. Re: Interplay Seeks Legal Fees from Bethesda Dec 29, 2009, 10:31 Narf2029

That's some small change. Did Interplay not actually hire a lawyer?  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 28, 2009, 23:04 Narf2029

I like this bit...
But now, as he watches the scene in super slow-motion, “it is clear that O’Rourke and Agarn already had arrows in their hats in the first frame. Mr. Tucker and Mr. Storch simply jerked their heads backward to create the illusion that the arrows had just struck. Boy do I feel stupid.”

When I read that, I think "I can't believe these assholes didn't let someone shoot arrows at their heads for an authentic scene! Where's their integrity?"

edit: Ok wow, finished the article and I'm just stunned. It's like this guy is shocked that modern techniques weren't used decades ago.

This comment was edited on Dec 28, 2009, 23:06.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 27, 2009, 13:55 Narf2029

Well, one hen for each dog, and one for you and Mrs. Blue...  

News Comments > On Duke Nukem's Future
42. Re: On Duke Nukem's Future Dec 27, 2009, 13:45 Narf2029

I think if DNF ever came out it'd be pirated like mad because who would have any faith that 12 years of fucking around and pissing away money would produce a good game? If it did come out and there was no demo, how would those people find out otherwise? I wouldn't pirate it myself but I gave up on it being worthwhile years ago. Can you remember where you were when DNF was announced? I was in middle school. I think this is definitely just 3DRealms blowing their horn loudly in an effort to get the courts to not look closely at their business records.

This comment was edited on Dec 27, 2009, 13:48.

News Comments > On Sale
10. Re: On Sale Dec 27, 2009, 11:45 Narf2029

Oh, I'm not disputing that Torchlight was worth every penny I paid. I'm just a little peeved that I paid twice as many pennies when I could have not.  

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Dec 26, 2009, 20:42 Narf2029

God damn, I just got Torchlight the other day for $10 from Steam. That's not cool, but at least I'm only getting screwed out of $5 and not $25 or some shit.  

13. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2009, 20:36 Narf2029

Ohh I see what he did there.  

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: Manuals Dec 23, 2009, 20:35 Narf2029

"Ultima? Wing Commander? Crusader? What are those?" I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the PC was not even considered when writing this article.  

1584 Comments. 80 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo