Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Narf2029

Real Name Narf2029   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Narf2029
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 4, 2001, 03:12
Total Comments 1578 (Pro)
User ID 11815

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > EA CEO on the Hot Seat?
10. Re: EA CEO on the Hot Seat? Jan 13, 2010, 14:36 Narf2029

Sometimes, something is so messed up it should just be allowed to die.  
Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top Sellers
9. Re: Steam Top Sellers Jan 13, 2010, 00:14 Narf2029

Are you playing the same beta I am? Sure, it's rough being day one of open, but it's still more fun than I ever got out of WoW.  

News Comments > Star Trek Online Beta Details, Interviews
2. Re: Star Trek Online Beta Details, Interviews Jan 11, 2010, 22:55 Narf2029

To the rest of the world, open beta means no NDA. Never has meant free access, never will. Chalk it up to the duality of the English language.

This comment was edited on Jan 11, 2010, 22:58.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 11, 2010, 22:06 Narf2029

I think they're pulling out all the stops on that number, like no backlight, screen off, no disc in the drive, no HDD seeking, nothing.  

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Jan 11, 2010, 22:04 Narf2029

I dunno, I can't help but think they're trying to ride the nuts of Star Trek, it being a successful reboot... somehow. I suppose since they ground Spider-Man 3 into the dirt, it would make sense to give up and start over.  

News Comments > Age of Conan Character Deletions
6. Re: Age of Conan Character Deletions Jan 11, 2010, 16:57 Narf2029

City of Heroes also never deletes characters if I'm not mistaken. The worst they will do is remove your name reservation if your character is under level 5.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 9, 2010, 22:07 Narf2029

There's the Bengals I know and love! Made it to the playoffs and got knocked out in one game, again. I knew they still had it in them!  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
4. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jan 9, 2010, 17:20 Narf2029

The single mom from Cincinnati, no less, since I live there. But I think there was another single mom in New York that discovered it, and one in Denver...  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
2. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jan 9, 2010, 14:36 Narf2029

Thank god for that. If some ads weren't so obtrusive I wouldn't block all of them. How about they go back to trying to sell me something rather than throw it in my face or try to get me to accidentally click it or whatever else they do?  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Target To Offer $99 "Video Game Setup" Service Jan 8, 2010, 14:04 Narf2029

Funny but not shocking. When I worked at Lowe's I noticed how more often than not the cost of installation for a water heater was more than the water heater itself.  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 8, 2010, 13:30 Narf2029

Still above zero here but that goddamn wind... it's gotta be -30 wind chill. Had to scrape the car this morning and the wind just sucked the feeling right out of any exposed skin, but it was ok because I could still feel the sharp pain in my bones.  

News Comments > Blomkamp on District 9 Video Game Prospects
14. Re: Blomkamp on District 9 Video Game Prospects Jan 7, 2010, 23:40 Narf2029

Mike Hunt wrote on Jan 7, 2010, 23:01:
Political what?!? Man turns into prawn, gets fucked over by everyone, then gets revenge with an array of awesome guns and a mech suit.
All you need to know. That, and apparently if we ever stop being racist to our own species, we'll pass it on to someone else's.

News Comments > Bethesda Pitched a Star Trek RPG
7. Re: Bethesda Pitched a Star Trek RPG Jan 7, 2010, 23:37 Narf2029

The background stuff is probably the most memorable. There are a shitload of books to read and they're probably all worth reading. When playing Oblivion I always collected every book I could find so I could sit and read them all. Probably the only voluntary scavenger hunt I've done in a game yet.  

News Comments > Bethesda Pitched a Star Trek RPG
4. Re: Bethesda Pitched a Star Trek RPG Jan 7, 2010, 22:20 Narf2029

The worlds and stories are immersive, but what you do in them could use some polish. Kind of the problem with open world sandboxy stuff. If you can be whoever and whatever you want to be, it's gonna be really hard to tailor it to your idea of the main character, and mine, and his, and hers, and...  

News Comments > On Mass Effect 2 Enemy Defenses
11. Re: On Mass Effect 2 Enemy Defenses Jan 7, 2010, 18:06 Narf2029

I think I read somewhere that pistols were generally the most effective weapons in ME. Highest average DPS or something. They did kind of have it all - good accuracy even at long range, good rate of fire, good damage per shot. I hated assault rifles to death myself. So feeble at actually causing damage it didn't matter if they could spit out a million rounds a minute cuz you needed every single one to hit to actually hurt anything.  

News Comments > Blomkamp on District 9 Video Game Prospects
9. Re: Blomkamp on District 9 Video Game Prospects Jan 7, 2010, 17:59 Narf2029

I think the Germans closed that loophole though. That would be an excellent reason why we haven't heard of any new Uwe Boll projects, but he's probably made a shitload of money already so why should he care? I'm sure any recognizable actors and actresses he got knew the score too - "hey, come make a load of cash in my deliberately shitty film that everyone will forget about in 6 months!" It's a free paycheck, and I'm sure Boll was able to use some of their names to get more investors and their money.

edit: Come to think of it, it's like The Producers, except in real life and it worked.

This comment was edited on Jan 7, 2010, 18:01.

News Comments > DAoC Europe Changes
1. Re: DAoC Europe Changes Jan 7, 2010, 14:02 Narf2029

People still play that? I'm not trying to be a dick, I just haven't heard anything about it in so long I forgot it was still around.  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 7, 2010, 13:03 Narf2029

Count me in the old crowd too then. 25 years old and I don't know what that means.  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 5, 2010, 11:59 Narf2029

Yeah I loved that bit. I had to just push every key on the keyboard until I exited the vehicle, then I had to push them all again because I wasn't paying attention when it happened. Then I get in and "hey, here's how you exit the vehicle!" Gee thanks!

edit: If all of NASA's projects worked so well, maybe we'd be on Mars already.

This comment was edited on Jan 5, 2010, 12:02.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 5, 2010, 11:53 Narf2029

It's part of your point of view. If you think of "get me out of the fucking car" as "draw/holster car's occupants" it kind of makes sense... Joker

Starting to feel like NASA is crying wolf every time they say the Spirit rover is stuck forever again. I just never believe it. Besides, who can complain about being on year 5 of a 3-month mission?

edit: Have to agree with the cold thing. I used to love it, but now I just freeze my stones off. It's not like this year's 19 degrees is any colder than last year's 19 degrees so what gives?

This comment was edited on Jan 5, 2010, 11:58.

1578 Comments. 79 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo