Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Narf2029

Real Name Narf2029   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Narf2029
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 4, 2001, 03:12
Total Comments 1583 (Pro)
User ID 11815

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Verizon FiOS Growth Slowing Down Jan 27, 2010, 12:20 Narf2029

I'm thinking it has more to do with the real global economic collapse going on, and less to do with conspiracy theories. Just my two cents toward rational thinking. Really though, it has nothing to do with any human economy. Our economy is collapsing because the Beta Centaurians are draining all of our resources to fight the evil Denebolians and keep them and their dirty Communist puppets from taking over not only our world but this quadrant of the galaxy.

This comment was edited on Jan 27, 2010, 12:26.

Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Legal Briefs
20. Re: Legal Briefs Jan 27, 2010, 00:20 Narf2029

Diabolus in Musica wrote on Jan 26, 2010, 21:20:
I thought songs were $0.99 each? That's what the fine should be then, not some ridiculous amount.

Don't forget, they have to imagine how many people she shared them with and whip her for those lost sales too, which makes no sense. I mean, they don't sit in court and imagine how many people overdosed on the stuff this specific drug dealer sold and add that to his sentence. Or hey, why doesn't a person who kills a doctor or nurse get charged for 50 counts of murder instead of one because who knows how many lives could have been saved by that dead doctor/nurse?

This comment was edited on Jan 27, 2010, 00:23.

19. Re: Game Reviews Jan 27, 2010, 00:18 Narf2029

Pfft, Blue should make a separate blog for all of his crazy drivers. Not enough room on Blue's News for crazy drivers and the dogs.  

News Comments > Star Trek Online End of Beta Event
20. Re: Star Trek Online End of Beta Event Jan 27, 2010, 00:13 Narf2029

I still think it was worth all the time and money I spent on it. I didn't go in expecting the second coming though. Star Trek is a tough franchise to tackle, with what, five TV shows and close to a dozen movies? All that variety means no matter what they do, it won't be perfect for everyone. As an MMO I think it's quite fun. Is it an epic title with a beautifully crafted and intricate story? No, it's an MMO. Does it have the most in-depth and complex tactics and strategy ever seen in a game? No, it's an MMO. For what it is and what I realistically expected it to be, I think it is very worthwhile and entertaining.  

14. Re: Game Reviews Jan 26, 2010, 14:45 Narf2029

American drivers are amazing. On the way home from work a couple years back I saw a woman driving down the highway reading a fucking book. Then the highway turned and she didn't. She was damn lucky it was pretty much just flat grass and a slight uphill grade outside that turn.

This comment was edited on Jan 26, 2010, 14:45.

News Comments > Ubisoft Plans Mandatory Online Authentication
20. Re: Ubisoft Plans Mandatory Online Authentication Jan 26, 2010, 12:29 Narf2029

Just keep in mind that only the legitimate customers will have to put up with it. It's the internet, I'm sure it will be cracked. That should not be a necessary step however.  

News Comments > Gamer Rehab Interview
4. Re: Gamer Rehab Interview Jan 26, 2010, 00:09 Narf2029

People will do or say anything to get in the news.  

News Comments > Steam Top Sellers
10. Re: Steam Top Sellers Jan 25, 2010, 01:39 Narf2029

Hah, hardly. My expectations of other people are probably just unreasonably high. I just can't comprehend why some people would rather seek out and stick to things that piss them off instead of doing something enjoyable.  

News Comments > Steam Top Sellers
8. Re: Steam Top Sellers Jan 25, 2010, 00:44 Narf2029

If I remember right, that was a problem associated with certain vendors. D2D comes to mind. Basically, they had you download the wrong client which then had to be fixed.

I don't get all the hate that seems to be out there about STO. Maybe it's just because Star Trek is a big name and has more people talking about it by default, whether they like it or not. Personally I find it quite entertaining. I'm already having more fun than I ever got out of WoW. It's not going to be everyone's cup of tea, and that's fine. I just wish the people who don't like it would stop going on crusades against it (haven't seen that here... yet) and go play something that is fun to them.

This comment was edited on Jan 25, 2010, 00:48.

5. Re: Legal Briefs Jan 24, 2010, 00:12 Narf2029

All this fighting to keep their profits coming and to stop their artists from leaving is probably the most work the music industry has ever done.  

News Comments > Last Word on BioShock 2 DRM, For Now
38. Re: Last Word on BioShock 2 DRM, For Now Jan 23, 2010, 16:17 Narf2029

A lot of the backlash was their attitude. Probably every DRM designer and big publisher using DRM thinks the consumer is a criminal. Starforce just came out and said it.  

News Comments > Company of Heroes Eastern Front Modification
3. Re: Company of Heroes Eastern Front Modification Jan 23, 2010, 00:57 Narf2029

Had a blast with it. It's rough in some spots, with the reskinned buildings and obvious model changes on existing units, but it's stupidly fun to send hundreds of conscripts like a tidal wave of human bodies.  

News Comments > Metaverse
1. Re: Metaverse Jan 22, 2010, 16:24 Narf2029

Hulu's fucked if they start charging for their content. The only thing that streams reliably there are the ads, which of course I never pay attention to because I came to watch a TV show and I can't do that when it stops streaming my show at random. My favorites are the really long ads, like 2 minutes in length. They run so long the show's stream stops altogether every time. Then I have to reload and watch even more damn ads. I'll admit I don't have the fastest broadband in the world but my connection is a whole lot faster than stop, and I have no problems elsewhere besides. If Hulu started charging, it'd be the best thing that ever happened to Fancast.

This comment was edited on Jan 22, 2010, 16:27.

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Jan 22, 2010, 16:19 Narf2029

I don't get it. Does he start reading a book from the middle? Of course you should feel lost if you skip parts. It's nice how most games will give you a basic rundown of what happened in the previous iteration but basic is as far as it should go. If you want to know all the neat stuff, go play the damn game.

This comment was edited on Jan 22, 2010, 16:19.

News Comments > Company of Heroes Soundtracks Free
3. Re: Company of Heroes Soundtracks Free Jan 22, 2010, 08:38 Narf2029

The music for X3 and I think X2 is right there unarchived in the game folder. X3's even comes in a folder called 'soundtrack.' The files are not named so much as numbered though, and few are tagged.

This comment was edited on Jan 22, 2010, 08:38.

News Comments > Star Trek Online Beta Patched
14. Re: When does this beta exactly end? Jan 21, 2010, 21:01 Narf2029

We can hardly blame him. Even explaining one's point of view around here is often like asking the Niagara Falls to go up.  

7. Re: When does this beta exactly end? Jan 21, 2010, 16:43 Narf2029

I am continuing to have fun with it. As an MMO some repetition is practically a guarantee but everything has been worth the time spent on it, beta bugs aside.  

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Where are the US civilians in the ‘Modern Warfare 2&#8242; video game Jan 21, 2010, 12:44 Narf2029

I think being un-American would have pushed their envelope far beyond what it could handle. Of course, that does not stop the design from being ridiculous. In a way, one could argue that IW has said it's ok for terrorists to slaughter innocent civilians, as long as they are not American. I don't believe that myself of course but someone is going to say it sooner or later.

This comment was edited on Jan 21, 2010, 12:45.

2. Re: When does this beta exactly end? Jan 21, 2010, 12:08 Narf2029

I think it's either the 27th or the 29th.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 21, 2010, 08:45 Narf2029

I wouldn't call it a price war so much as an attempt to improve public perception so as to avoid inviting federal regulation. When Verizon increased their early termination fees, Congress noticed this time.  

1583 Comments. 80 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo