Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Narf2029

Real Name Narf2029   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Narf2029
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 4, 2001, 03:12
Total Comments 1588 (Pro)
User ID 11815

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Legal Briefs
2. Re: Legal Briefs Mar 16, 2010, 01:16 Narf2029

Ah, but don't forget, morons are the single largest voting demographic. A good politician never bites the hand that feeds him.  
Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 15, 2010, 15:04 Narf2029

I hope this campaign stunt of having a corporate candidate turns out well. By turning out well, I mean that I hope it's seen as an attempt by corporations to directly alter our government rather than the current lobbying and bribery behind the scenes, with the appropriate backlash.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 14, 2010, 23:56 Narf2029

Jerykk wrote on Mar 14, 2010, 21:25:
Disappointing amount of pre-orders for the Dragon Age expansion. I'd like to say that it's because it's an expansion but Chaos Rising is an expansion too. I don't think it's a matter of marketing either, as both expansions have received about the same amount. I guess it must be the price.

I would definitely say it's the price. I was browsing the RPG section on Steam and I thought "Neat, Dragon Age has already gone down a bit!" before I realized I was looking at the expansion and not the game itself.

6. Re: DST Mar 13, 2010, 21:35 Narf2029

Only a government could decide when the sun rises and sets.  

News Comments > Safety Dance
2. Re: Safety Dance Mar 12, 2010, 12:25 Narf2029

That's great. If the UN thinks airport scanners breach rights, they can pass a resolution against them which UN members will then ignore!  

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Mar 11, 2010, 01:36 Narf2029

That graph is hilarious. I wonder what that sort of graph would look like during the Super Bowl.  

News Comments > Silent Hunter 5 CE German Recall
13. Re: Silent Hunter 5 CE German Recall Mar 11, 2010, 01:26 Narf2029

kxmode wrote on Mar 11, 2010, 01:21:
So instead of showing the true enemy, which were Nazis, the enemy in this whitewashed, parallel universe is now all of Germany. Way to go retards.
It's almost ironic in a way. It's like they're protecting the image of the Nazis by portraying plain Germans as the ones who decided to mercilessly sink civilian ships. Then again, the United States did it too but you never hear about that at all, so at least Germany will admit it happened. *shrug*

News Comments > Silent Hunter 5 CE German Recall
9. Re: Silent Hunter 5 CE German Recall Mar 10, 2010, 20:20 Narf2029

Bill Borre wrote on Mar 10, 2010, 19:26:
How can you release a WWII game in Germany without swastikas in it? Isn't that kind of odd?

It's against the law in Germany to present any kind of Nazi symbol in the media. Maybe Nazi references of any kind too, not sure. They kind of pretend it never happened.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
8. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 10, 2010, 01:19 Narf2029

I just flash block. Text and static image ads don't bug me, and I try to click them on sites that I like unless the particular ad is offensive or for a product that annoys me. Unless someone comes up with a truly effective alternative, ads are the only simple and effective way for sites to generate income.

edit: Just noticed those very ads I tolerate don't seem to be loading tonight.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 9, 2010, 13:34 Narf2029

Onion might not be funny anymore because it's so hard to satirize a government that is seriously considering a tax on pizza. I shit you not. If the real thing is that ridiculous, you really have to go above and beyond to top it. They're already taxing soft drinks in some places so it's not a big stretch.

edit: took digging to find it again but http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6275T720100309

This comment was edited on Mar 9, 2010, 13:43.

News Comments > Ubisoft DRM Servers Resume
6. Re: Ubisoft DRM Servers Resume Mar 9, 2010, 13:28 Narf2029

Maybe ubisoft can offer a que so people wanting to play can wait in line...

Now that would be rich - a queue to play a single player game.

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
10. Re: Morning Screenshots Mar 9, 2010, 02:48 Narf2029

Damnit, every time I switch brands they become shitty again. I bet in a couple years I'll buy an ATI card from their last good series before they turn to shit once more.  

News Comments > What Kind of Mafioso Reads Playboy?
13. Re: What Kind of Mafioso Reads Playboy? Mar 9, 2010, 02:45 Narf2029

PHJF wrote on Mar 9, 2010, 00:59:
Only if when you find it in game you unlock an external .PDF of the issue in question.

*cough* For posterity, of course. These are historical documents and they need to be... hmmm.... examined. Yes. Quite thoroughly, I should think.

I hardly think 40s-50s material is gonna be that stimulating to a modern audience... Americans are so conservative about sex it might as well be a Victorian-era image, you know, like a picture of Her Majesty the Queen without her hat on.

News Comments > Safety Dance
5. Re: Safety Dance Mar 8, 2010, 02:54 Narf2029

Pumas wrote on Mar 8, 2010, 01:30:
When we switched from 14 gallon recycle bins to 95 gallon rolling cans, the county was able to lower taxes since they saved $1 million a year in trash disposal.

That's pretty neat. My community had the small bins and came for them only once a week. Needless to say, nobody really embraced the idea of recycling when the truck would only come once a week to get such a small amount of recyclables that they would have barely filled a sock drawer. Then, the recycling program ended since apparently there was no public interest. Wall

News Comments > Metaverse
49. Re: Metaverse Mar 8, 2010, 02:35 Narf2029

I tend to agree more with toon here. Blue's would not be the same without ad revenue. Any high quality site without subscriptions would change dramatically if the people running them didn't make back enough money to keep that level of attention toward running it. The guy running it probably makes it so well because it's his primary or sole source of income. If his ad revenue falls off, it's not like he can eat less or pay less rent - he's going to go get another job, and your favorite website is going to get cut back or even disappear altogether. Websites don't exist simply because we viewers want to see them. Someone has to make them and that someone needs food.

I do vehemently oppose obtrusive/loud/flashy/obnoxious ads as well as ads that pop up over half the screen and block everything under them, so I use flashblock to turn them off. Static image ads and text ads get through just fine. Adblock, on the other hand, kills it all. If you never see any ad ever, how long until you forget to support even your favorite website? I try to click through ads here on Blue's but even with flashblock's icon over the flash element, it slips my mind a lot more often than I would like. At the same time, along the right edge of the page as I type there is a static image ad. It didn't jump out at me, but I know it's there and I clicked it because I figure Blue deserves a portion of a penny for all his hard work (or however much he really gets) and mainly because it did not drive me crazy to do it.

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
2. Re: Sunday Mobilization Mar 8, 2010, 02:12 Narf2029

Depends on why they cut that. It can add a lot of work and cost to include backward compatibility, and sometimes more components. Imagine if the Wii was designed to work with every past Nintendo product, and how many extra ports that would entail. Hardly sleek looking!  

News Comments > Metaverse
3. Re: Metaverse Mar 7, 2010, 13:20 Narf2029

I still like Firefox but man does it use a lot of memory these days.  

News Comments > NVIDIA Driver Issue
3. Re: NVIDIA Driver Issue Mar 4, 2010, 22:43 Narf2029

It's more like "cause overheating, which causes intermittent frame rates."  

News Comments > Star Trek Online Brouhaha
4. Re: Star Trek Online Brouhaha Mar 4, 2010, 22:38 Narf2029

One more time: if you go in with realistic expectations, STO is good. Everyone's upset that it isn't the second coming. It's not the second coming, it's an MMO. It doesn't have deeply engrossing story material, it's an MMO. It doesn't have Starfleet Command's glacial pace of combat nor its depth of tactics, it's an MMO. Though I do find the space combat very fun and engaging FOR AN MMO. It's repetitive, yes, but so is WoW and nobody complains about that. If anything, you've got less repetition in STO because you don't spend half your play time grinding for gear. The only bad realistic element to STO is that because of the huge number of Star Trek fans in the world, the whiny peanut gallery has more babies in it than any MMO I've played. I don't think the whine community in STO is proportionally larger, it's just larger by merit of a larger population in general.

Also, everyone that says TOR is going to be substantially better is kidding themselves. It too will be an MMO, after all, and everyone who believes it will have a better story faces a rude awakening in the future. That is, unless TOR turns out to be a single player/cooperative game with a monthly fee...

This comment was edited on Mar 4, 2010, 22:48.

8. U.S. Considers Brake Override System on All Cars Mar 3, 2010, 12:08 Narf2029

Don't all cars already have these "brake override" things to stop sudden acceleration? Like say, the parking brake? Putting the transmission into neutral? You'd tear up your parking brake but better that than your kids.  

1588 Comments. 80 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo