Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Narf2029

Real Name Narf2029   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Narf2029
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 4, 2001, 03:12
Total Comments 1588 (Pro)
User ID 11815

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > StarCraft II AO in Korea
4. Re: StarCraft II AO in Korea Apr 17, 2010, 14:56 Narf2029

Considering people stab and shoot at each other for breathing wrong, I'm not sure what the point is.

Those stories are never global news. On the other hand, kids stabbing or shooting each other over a video game in southeast Asia has been mentioned several times here at least. Probably not a measure to prevent these acts so much as it is a measure to prevent news of these acts from getting into global media.

Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > StarCraft II AO in Korea
2. Re: StarCraft II AO in Korea Apr 17, 2010, 14:08 Narf2029

Probably to try to prevent kids from shooting and stabbing each other over losing a game in an internet cafe.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Sony: 3D will be "biggest gaming revolution." Apr 9, 2010, 11:52 Narf2029

Hell with that. I get bad enough headaches from watching regular TV for a couple hours. My brain couldn't possibly handle a marathon of gaming in 3D without a migraine. Haven't there already been studies that 3D media gives even normal people nasty headaches?  

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Apr 9, 2010, 11:48 Narf2029

In such games, I wouldn't mind adding cooperative play at all if it were added after everything else was done. That would (hopefully) keep the core game unchanged for single player. It worked fine in System Shock 2 as long as you accepted that the world would be less creepy if you weren't completely alone.  

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Apr 9, 2010, 11:31 Narf2029

People who want cooperative play can put up with the negative changes it may bring, as well as put up with a cooperative mode that was obviously added at the last second. People who don't want it aren't even going to play it cooperatively so it won't matter to them.  

News Comments > StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty CE & Pricing
4. Re: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty CE & Pricing Apr 8, 2010, 13:44 Narf2029

$60 pricing is perfect. If I ever have any temptation to buy a game on day one, having to pay another $10 above normal prices is more than enough to make me wait until it's on sale or in the bargain bin.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Court rules that FCC can't stop Comcast from throttling traffic. Apr 7, 2010, 14:42 Narf2029

Things like this happen a lot without term limits. There just is no such thing as an honest career politician. Some politicians might start out honest but after two terms or so it's all a game to get elected again.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: This is Not a Spiral Apr 6, 2010, 17:18 Narf2029

I can practically feel that image sucking my eyes out of my head. Apparently my brain is so determined the image is a spiral that staring at the center makes the whole thing kind of pulsate.  

News Comments > City of Heroes 2 and Other TMs
8. Re: City of Heroes 2 and Other TMs Apr 6, 2010, 16:36 Narf2029

I think anyone going into an MMO with expectations of groundbreaking depth and story is someone who looks for ways to get disappointed. Sometimes a little mindless fun is good. Also, much of the fun comes from the different ways you approach a situation based on your power sets, at least for me. I always have loads of different characters though.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Evening Mobilization Apr 6, 2010, 07:48 Narf2029

More like rich fool and dad's money.  

21. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 6, 2010, 00:52 Narf2029

The calories for one are actually rather reasonable. The fat and sodium, on the other hand...  

News Comments > Plain Sight on D2D, Requires 'Net Connection
9. Re: Plain Sight on D2D, Requires 'Net Connection Apr 6, 2010, 00:50 Narf2029

Oh, is it? That makes more sense. On the other hand, it makes less sense that they'd issue such a warning about it if it's supposed to be multiplayer only anyway.  

News Comments > Plain Sight on D2D, Requires 'Net Connection
3. Re: Plain Sight on D2D, Requires 'Net Connection Apr 5, 2010, 21:20 Narf2029

I was a little tempted to try it out for $10, but if this too is going with the always-online trend, they couldn't give it to me for free.  

News Comments > New Dwarf Fortress
21. Re: Angband Vs Dwarf Fortress Apr 3, 2010, 13:33 Narf2029

Yeah, the UI can be extremely difficult to overcome. I know it's a one guy show but every time I take a break from playing it, I have to take a couple weeks to just get used to looking at it again to where I know what I'm seeing. Each time I put it down, it takes longer for me to want to pick it back up as a result.  

News Comments > New Dwarf Fortress
17. Re: New Dwarf Fortress Apr 3, 2010, 02:27 Narf2029

Has its moments though, like when a dwarf catches a kobold thief by ripping one of the kobold's arms off and beating him to death with it. Or all-inclusive defense by flooding the outside world with magma anytime trouble shows up, tree-hugging elves be damned.  

News Comments > PEREGRINE Glove Controller Ships
1. Re: PEREGRINE Glove Controller Ships Apr 1, 2010, 17:16 Narf2029

My wrist would love to try it out, but not for $150...  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 31, 2010, 15:54 Narf2029

Yeah, nobody got hurt at all. Nobody even got dirty despite the estimate of $300,000 of damage. I just started at this job too, haven't even been there a full week. I know they said I'd get a baptism by fire but I think today is a little over the top!  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 31, 2010, 15:48 Narf2029

Off work early, hurray! I'll be sure to thank the old woman who drove her goddamn car through the front of the store. It's amazing that nobody got hurt, let alone killed. Now I know up close what all those internet videos are like. Oh well, more time for Dragon Age!  

News Comments > Safety Dance
1. Re: Safety Dance Mar 31, 2010, 15:45 Narf2029

Attempts to ban a deplorable “rape simulator” video game have only caused it to spread virally across the internet, leading to calls for sites hosting the game to be blocked by internet censors.

Wow, they told the whole world it existed and now it's spreading across the globe? SAY IT AIN'T SO.

News Comments > Breach Breach
9. Re: Breach Breach Mar 30, 2010, 23:43 Narf2029

Has to be a marketing ploy. If the dude really only made off with 14MB of data, what was he doing, transferring it one floppy at a time?  

1588 Comments. 80 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo