Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Narf2029

Real Name Narf2029   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Narf2029
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 4, 2001, 03:12
Total Comments 1585 (Pro)
User ID 11815

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. "Quit Facebook Day" Jun 1, 2010, 17:28 Narf2029

Proving once again that people will say anything.  
Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale May 28, 2010, 03:39 Narf2029

Don't have to play it just cuz you own it... though since it's over 2/3 of the bundle's dollar value, I can see where it would be a waste. Let's have the other 3 for $20 or so...  

News Comments > PC Fable III Confirmed
15. Re: PC Fable III Confirmed May 21, 2010, 12:59 Narf2029

I for one am interested, especially if it has cooperative play. As was mentioned earlier it would surely be a wife-playable (or girlfriend-playable in my case) game, and it would be fun to play on top of that. I'll take all of that kind of game I can get. I found Fable to be very fun, as long as I put everything Molyneux said out of my head, and if Fable II had made it to PC I would have certainly bought two copies. Now, however, if Fable III is definitely coming to PC and Fable II suddenly does as well, I couldn't bring myself to spend more than $15 each on Fable II knowing the newer and probably better one is right around the corner.  

News Comments > Legal Briefs
1. Re: Legal Briefs May 20, 2010, 02:17 Narf2029

Kind of a double standard for the RIAA and MPAA to argue their underhanded and questionably-legal (if not simply illegal) methods of data acquisition and defendant coercion are fine and dandy, then turn around and say someone else is doing something unethical or illegal.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
5. Re: Flash creator wades into Apple debate May 20, 2010, 02:12 Narf2029

Still can't see why the iPad is succeeding at all (aside from the people who will buy anything that says Apple on it, that is). I just don't understand the demand for an enormous iPhone that can't make calls.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Guns of Icarus
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Guns of Icarus May 18, 2010, 02:00 Narf2029

Try before you buy, if you are so inclined:

http://www.shockwave.com/gamelanding/gunsoficarus.jsp

News Comments > On Sale
7. Re: On Sale May 15, 2010, 13:05 Narf2029

VSBM wrote on May 15, 2010, 10:28:
Phew. I just bought Just Cause 2 full price and now am wondering if I shot myself in the foot. That's one sale dodged.

Fun game so far, but wow, are the controls totally fucked on it. Some of the collapsed functions like jump/parachute and scope/sight are screwing with me as I'm used to having those bound to separate keys. Extremely fun, but like one reviewer said, there's just enough wrong with it that it wasn't a AAA title. Hope JC3 is even better.
I felt the same way with the demo. It's a lot of fun but god the controls are a pain in the ass, especially when you're trying to hook things to each other or grapple onto buildings while parachuting. Overall I find the demo fun, but odds are I'm gonna hold out until it goes on sale.

News Comments > PC Fable 3 Confirmed?
11. Re: PC Fable 3 Confirmed? May 15, 2010, 13:01 Narf2029

If they had just released Fable 2 for PC I'd have bought two for sure.  

7. Re: Legal Briefs May 12, 2010, 13:29 Narf2029

ASeven wrote on May 12, 2010, 12:57:
Didn't the US government a short time ago said all piracy studies are based on erroneous studies and that all statistics about piracy are therefore quite false?
Damnit, if you people keep spreading that around it'll be months before their studies appear legitimate again!

News Comments > The Heavy: The Game Details
2. Re: The Heavy: The Game Details May 12, 2010, 13:27 Narf2029

Yeah hehe, first thing that popped into my head was "I dunno, can they really make a game featuring only the Heavy Weapons Guy?"  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue May 11, 2010, 16:04 Narf2029

I agree. I can't think of another sci-fi film that I enjoyed more.  

4. Re: Legal Briefs May 6, 2010, 02:14 Narf2029

Hope Europe is more efficient about their law enforcement. Here in the United States, the Department of Justice practically throws a party when they convict someone in just 8 years.  

7. Re: Out of the Blue May 5, 2010, 14:34 Narf2029

Drives may be getting cheap but I barely had the money for Win 7. I could wait a couple weeks and get another drive but waiting is no fun! I just wish I could have done a direct XP-to-7 upgrade because then I'd be done now instead of still preparing to begin.  

5. Re: Out of the Blue May 5, 2010, 14:06 Narf2029

Ugh I should never upgrade my OS. Of course Win 7 can't directly upgrade from XP. "Save your files and settings on an external hard drive." Yes, because we all have a terabyte external drive laying around!  

News Comments > Two Just Cause DLC Packs Near
5. Re: Two Just Cause DLC Packs Near Apr 24, 2010, 17:37 Narf2029

If only I could find a cheap way to get Win7... Those prices are good. Sure beats the shit out of Railworks at any rate.  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 19, 2010, 11:12 Narf2029

I too am a big fan of Microsoft and their new filter. Now that any email I send to a hotmail address is blocked, I will have to dig up and try to remember how to get into my own hotmail so I can continue corresponding with my friends. Hurrah!  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
3. Re: Re:Star Wars Blu-Rays on the Way Apr 19, 2010, 00:24 Narf2029

Please don't let him do something new. He tried to give us sinister and what we got was whine and teenage angst. He tried to give us a gripping love story and what we got was sand.  

News Comments > StarCraft II AO in Korea
4. Re: StarCraft II AO in Korea Apr 17, 2010, 14:56 Narf2029

Considering people stab and shoot at each other for breathing wrong, I'm not sure what the point is.

Those stories are never global news. On the other hand, kids stabbing or shooting each other over a video game in southeast Asia has been mentioned several times here at least. Probably not a measure to prevent these acts so much as it is a measure to prevent news of these acts from getting into global media.

News Comments > StarCraft II AO in Korea
2. Re: StarCraft II AO in Korea Apr 17, 2010, 14:08 Narf2029

Probably to try to prevent kids from shooting and stabbing each other over losing a game in an internet cafe.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Sony: 3D will be "biggest gaming revolution." Apr 9, 2010, 11:52 Narf2029

Hell with that. I get bad enough headaches from watching regular TV for a couple hours. My brain couldn't possibly handle a marathon of gaming in 3D without a migraine. Haven't there already been studies that 3D media gives even normal people nasty headaches?  

1585 Comments. 80 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo