Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Narf2029

Real Name Narf2029   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Narf2029
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 4, 2001, 03:12
Total Comments 1582 (Pro)
User ID 11815

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin
54. Re: No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin Jan 15, 2012, 16:49 Narf2029

Count me out. It'll probably be even more dumbed down than the second anyway.  
Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Previews
6. Re: Sunday Previews Jan 8, 2012, 21:02 Narf2029

I wonder what it'd take to remake Master of Orion into an FPS.  

News Comments > etc.
13. Re: 5 Video Games With the Worst Bugs of 2011 Dec 30, 2011, 20:51 Narf2029

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 30, 2011, 19:10:
something that can corrupt system files is not a game "bug"

When the retail version of Darklands did the same thing, they called it a bug. They patched it too, though getting a patch pre-internet was obviously a bigger pain.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Jerome Simpson - flip for a touchdown Dec 25, 2011, 22:51 Narf2029

On this note, can you believe the Bengals can do stuff like this for 3 quarters and then nearly completely blow a 23 point lead in less than half a quarter? When the announcers said they were doing so hot I said to myself "It's the Bengals. They can easily blow the game in one quarter." But WOW. All it took was 5 minutes to see the Bungles we know and love! And then they scrape by only because a completely wide-open receiver falls down? God himself must have wanted them to win.  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 25, 2011, 22:47 Narf2029

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 25, 2011, 17:31:
You thought that other FedEx driver was bad?

Thats nuttin. Neither is the other video. Go visit (if you can) their warehouses. The drivers get promoted from the warehouses. Where do you think they learn those moves!? They throw things and pile things in huge pins a lot worse than that!!!!!

No kidding. I used to work in a FedEx processing center and that is nothing. FedEx loves that clock and they won't slow the machines down for any reason. Sometimes you'd get a stretch where half a 50ft trailer went to one van and it'd all come down the line at the same time. I'd see guys chucking boxes left and right, up to their chests in gigantic crudely thrown together box forts. I myself dropped a transmission (nevermind that a transmission was WAY heavier than what Ground would ship at the time and it should've been left at the dropoff station) though as far as I know the only thing that broke was my foot.

News Comments > Arkham City DirectX 11 Issue
22. Re: Arkham City DirectX 11 Issue Nov 24, 2011, 07:43 Narf2029

Turns out my issue was due to my using a quad core, which is perhaps even more absurd. It's not like quad cores are some new-fangled thing just invented last week.  

News Comments > Arkham City DirectX 11 Issue
7. Re: Arkham City DirectX 11 Issue Nov 23, 2011, 23:53 Narf2029

This is pretty awful. Thinking of seeing about getting a refund from Steam. If I wanted to play in ugly mode I'd have bought it for the 360.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 26, 2011, 13:58 Narf2029

I wonder if this AeroShot thing is less painful than the home method of simply chopping up caffeine pills with a razor blade and snorting the dust. Might draw fewer questions too, like coworkers asking "Is that coke? Are you fucking nuts?"  

News Comments > Vampire: the Masquerade MMOG Details
35. Re: Vampire: the Masquerade MMOG Details Sep 20, 2011, 01:05 Narf2029

I'm actually excited about this announcement, or I was until I saw that CCP was behind it. I know there are plenty of people who like EVE's system of player vs player at almost any time and the risk of losing tons of your shit permanently, but I work 60+ hours a week and I just don't have the kind of time it takes to get nice ships to lose in EVE which is why I quit. I'm not saying I'd like progress to be easy to get, just not so ridiculously easy to lose. Always having to catch back up in EVE felt too much like work (especially with how long its grinding can take) and I do plenty of that already.

This comment was edited on Sep 20, 2011, 01:25.

News Comments > Videogame Physical Sales Down 10% in June
24. Re: Videogame Physical Sales Down 10% in June Jul 15, 2011, 03:36 Narf2029

Not really at all surprised. The local Meijer finally stopped carrying PC titles altogether recently, but they were never big on them to begin with. Never more than 4 feet of shelf space or so. They had expansion packs to the original Sims on their shelf, as well as a sign with EA's original logo. The one they stopped using in 1999. Micro Center is even worse. They have so much old shit in their PC gaming section it's like walking through my childhood. Talk about never throwing anything away. I think I saw Descent there.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
14. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 13, 2011, 13:08 Narf2029

I've only ever had streaming-only from Netflix, so I'm hoping this move will bring more DVD-only titles to the streaming service. It's ridiculous how often we try to find a movie to watch and find that it's only available on DVD. Sorry Netflix but if I have to get the DVD I'll go to the public library and get it for free.  

News Comments > On PC Skyrim
26. Re: On PC Skyrim Jul 7, 2011, 03:41 Narf2029

At least the game shouldn't be too hard on PC hardware. As long as everyone keeps making multiplatform games while nobody releases a new console system, a PC that can run the game in maximum detail will remain cheap to build.  

News Comments > Hear Yee, Hear Yee
26. Re: Hear Yee, Hear Yee Jun 27, 2011, 19:22 Narf2029

Maybe someone should introduce a measure that requires legislators to pay court costs and legal fees and whatnot if they author or co-author a bill that is deemed unconstitutional. Perhaps then they would actually check to make sure the bill they're writing is legal instead of pissing away more and more taxpayer dollars. How many times has Leland Yee lost this fight? With the budget problems in California he should be burned at the stake.  

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
8. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Jun 27, 2011, 08:01 Narf2029

Even if they do get caught there's still plenty of life to live before getting nailed, if they're not stupid. DoJ considers it a major victory to successfully prosecute someone in eight years.  

News Comments > City of Heroes Going Free-to-Play
2. Re: City of Heroes Going Free-to-Play Jun 21, 2011, 12:54 Narf2029

It was a good ride while it lasted, but if my $15 a month doesn't continue to get me the same stuff it does now the ride is over. If it does, then hurrah so what, business as usual.  

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Jun 2, 2011, 03:10 Narf2029

If a movie like The Hangover can be made, I'm sure this will be made into a movie too.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
9. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 6, 2011, 04:23 Narf2029

At least with Congress, we can not vote to re-elect someone who isn't doing the job we like. Of course, the average American will be too busy watching teevee to know who's even running for office, let alone what they're doing. Alphabet agencies, on the other hand, do not have directors that have to run for election every couple years. They just get their job and keep it until they either tire of it or screw it up extremely badly, and the people have no say in what policies they enact or even in who runs the agency that is paid for by our tax dollars.  

News Comments > Orcs Must Die Interview
5. Re: Orcs Must Die Interview Apr 7, 2011, 03:02 Narf2029

Kill the orcs! Slay the orcs! Destroy the orcs!  

News Comments > Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime and Demo Available
6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime Mar 24, 2011, 02:16 Narf2029

Still, at least there is a demo.  

News Comments > Saints Row 3 Poster, Holiday Release
4. Re: Saints Row 3 Poster, Holiday Release Feb 22, 2011, 02:17 Narf2029

I can't get enough of Saints Row 2. Best memory so far is playing cooperatively with my brother where we flew planes with machine guns around, dogfighting with police attack helicopters for like 2 hours. What other game lets you create Josef Stalin P.I. and fight helicopters in a triplane?  

1582 Comments. 80 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo